Start by marking “Merchandising Made Simple: Using Standards and Dynamite Displays to Boost Circulation” as Want to Read:

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Learn how to use proven retail techniques to promote your library collection, elevate your library's image, draw patrons to your space, encourage them to browse and find new materials, enhance their library experience, and boost circulation. This guide shows you how to create branding through signage, arrangement, and displays; and foster customer loyalty. The authors demo ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Libraries Unlimited

To ask other readers questions about Merchandising Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merchandising Made Simple

Sheri
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
A lot of this I already know from my bookselling years. I want a "how to" book that shows me how to construct things, create cool effects, and offers lots of (color) pictures of inventive, original and eye-catching book displays. This book, sadly, is not that book. It *is*, however, a library-centered guide to merchandising principles with some display ideas.
Diana
Geared more towards public libraries. Quite a few useful ideas - I especially like their CPS system, which merchandises within shelving units. Some good display ideas, although a lot of them were a bit cheesy and geared towards adults. Still, I think I'll be able to adapt a lot of this into the media center.
Liz De Coster
May 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lis
Lots of straightforward suggestions and advice. While I appreciated that the authors provided lots of photographic examples, I did wish the pictures were better. They were so dark, it was hard to make out important features such as display titles.
Tara
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Library Employees
Jenny and Trish have put together a no-nonsense, straight forward "here's how you you do it" for dynamic displays! I can tell you from personal experience that these techniques will wow your customers, increase your circulation and improve the usability of your library.
Ellee
Good for new display ideas.
DG Kibria
Jenny la
Michelle
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
An older book, and mostly routine ideas... however, it's read-ability and just a few great ideas made it enjoyable.
Tracy
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Real page turner. But I'm kind of obsessed with book displays at the moment, so relevant for me.
Angela
Aug 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great information about library displays. The pictures are difficult to see in black and white. I am going to check out the author's blog to see if I can view the photos in color.
Emily