Start by marking “More Than This (Impossible Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
More Than This (Impossible Love, #2)

More Than This

(Impossible Love #2)

This is an alternative cover/title edition for ASIN B00DHX0J6M.

It's all fun and games...until you live together.

I bite my lip when Foster's tattoo peeks out from under his shirt. Yes, it is completely cliché. And yes, I do look like some kind of B-list p*rn star lusting after this man and going into heat every time he shows a little skin. But seriously, he is that deli
Published November 25th 2013 by C.J. Books (first published June 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about More Than This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than This

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4 Sweet, heartbreaking and New Adult Stars!

I was pleasantly surprised at how sweetly sexy this book was!

More is a companion novel for Before You Go. I read about Foster and Jules in the previous book and I was intrigued by their story and the secrecy behind it.

This is their story, and it is one filled with heartache and pain, but it is also a book about love and acceptance.

Jules has been in love with Foster since high school not that she'd ever admit that to him or anyone else. She's seen the w
Gi's Spot Reviews
Danielle
J
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Book #1 in this series, so I tried Book #2. Didn't like it nearly as well. I can't get over how a character that loves someone so much and can get pretty graphically into her in a bathtub, can't bring himself to be honest with her and tell her about a cheating episode that happened some time ago. So it screws up his entire life and her's, but he's afraid he'll lose her as a "friend." So messed up. Ruined the story.
Kristina
It is truly pathetic how many reviews make it Jenna's fault that the weak loser couldn't keep his pants zipped up around her. It's reprehensible that the woman is blamed solely while this "H" is lauded as deserving of a HEA with the woman HE cheated on. And the woman he flaunted all his other fuckbuddies in front of for YEARS.

This loser needs a reality check to the real horrors in life and his pathetic self.

While she of course had no one but this dipshit. Yes the heroine was indeed a pining mart
Maya
Self note:

I hate cheaters!!! Why in the hell do women take them back, I don't get it?!
Hayley Wakenshaw
Meh.... yet another cheater. Sorry I just can't abide them.
greentreelife
***ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review***

I want to start by saying Thank You to Clare James for giving me the opportunity to read this book. I read Before You Go (book1) before I read this one and I truly enjoyed book 1, but I have to say that I enjoyed this book even more. We are introduced to Foster and Jules in Before You Go and I was thrilled to learn that they were getting their own book. I know this book is listed as a stand alone, but I truly believe that you sho
Jenn
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this one!! Clare James did a fabulous job. I rate this one a 4.5

This is the second book in this series. I did like the first book with Noah and Tabbie, but this one with Jules and Foster was amazing.

I felt connected immediately with them, I loved the dual POV it just made the book. I absolutely loved loved Foster from the beginning. He just broke my heart on how much he loved Jules even though he didn't feel worthy of her. I did love that Jules was no push over, she is strong after
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

I was given the opportunity to review this book. Thank you Clare. It could be read as a stand alone but I decided to read Before you go first. I was glad that I did because I think it added to the depth of Foster and Jules.

Foster and Jules have known each other forever and both want the same thing but are afraid to be open to the possibility in fear of getting hurt.

I knew there was a secret with Foster but I was not prepared for the humdinger that it was
Dilushani Jayalath
* I kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Ok I didn't like it as much i wanted to. When reading the first book i was hyped up for Foster's and Jules's story but after reading it, the excitement wore off. It was nothing what I expected and that's not in a good way either. It was just bland for me. The story didn't actually hook me. Meeehhhh.

But i think the biggest reason for me was Foster's infidelity. Like Jules I just hate cheaters(not from personal experience b
Monique
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book for free through NetGalley

There’s no denying the heat between Jules Taylor and Foster Sutton. They are two wild souls with a fire burning inside. Together, they create a hot and dangerous mix of emotion and lust.

Foster and Jules are so perfect together - they have the best banter and their chemistry is off the charts. What I love most about this series is that the guys who seem totally badass are actually really sweet and caring which gives them a lot more depth I
Elizabeth
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book A LOT then again I have a thing for guys with tattoos. Right away you can feel the passion between Jules and Foster. I feel kinda bad for Foster not having any friends except for Jules but he caused that himself. There is so much hurt from their past and they have helped each other and they both see the good. I cried at the end as a happy cry. I can see myself reading this again.
Clare James
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am the author of the new adult romance, MORE.

This is a companion story to BEFORE YOU GO, but can be read as a stand-alone novel. My companion stories are written without cliffhangers and can be read in any order.

Reviewers say MORE is HOT, sexy, and fun ... with a very intense bathtub scene :)

I hope you enjoy it!
Tia
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was good. The thing with Jenna really bothered me though, especially the speech at the end, that Jules gives her. It's like c'mon you never were friends and Jenna wasn't a nice girl if she sleeps with your boyfriend while you are suppose to be supporting each other over a tragedy. What a POS!
Jan
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second chance and friends to lovers story.
*Also titled More #Impossible love with an alternative cover.

I enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting. I love a friends to lovers story and although the whole thing was cliche were they are friends with benefits and denying anything more so they don't spoil their friendship you can't help but wait for the moment were they will both finally realise that it's time to take the plunge and be honest with each other.

Foster and Jules have been friend
RO Mejia
More, by Clare James, is the sequel to Before You Go. This novel is told in dual narration, in the perspectives of the two main characters, Foster Sutton and Jules Taylor. Foster is a Native American from the Ojibwe people, who is searching his roots from his father's side of the family, but never was interested before. He is interested in Culinary Arts, and decides to intern for the summer in a Bistro down the street. Jules is a student Interning for the summer at D&D and Associates, a law ...more
Helena
★★★★★ GLORIOUS STARS

Perfect, perfect, perfect! More was everything I was hoping it would be. It takes us into the world of Foster Sutton and Jules Taylor and lets us see where the friendship began, how a young love blossomed and then just as soon withered under a heap of regret and buried secrets.

Jules and Foster have been friends since their early teens, they know things about each other that binds them together and holds their friendship intact no matter what, but they have also been more- un
Z. Elizabeth
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I’d like to thank Clare James for a copy of More in exchange for an honest review*

A few months ago, a lovely lady called Clare James emailed me and asked if I would like to review a copy of Before You Go, her debut novel. Yes, I would love to, was my reply and I loved the book. You can see my review HERE and that Noah was my Mancandy Monday a few weeks ago HERE.

A few weeks back she emailed me again asking if I would love to review More, the story of Jules and Foster. Well yesss, of course I wou
Briana
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star, new-adult
So DNF @whatever%

I may pick this book back up later but it’s not really grabbing my attention at all. And it’s not anything specific, it’s just not grabbing my attention at the moment.

3.0 star rating since I didn’t hate it but I still didn’t finish it
Marisela Chavez
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Jules and Foster, couldn't ask for anything more. Well done Clare, can't wait to continue the series.
☆Jamie☆
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars! More is the companion novel to Before You Go. We got to see more of the relationship between Jules and Foster, and how they each dealt with the accident that mars their history.

Summary:
Jules Taylor and Foster Sutton have been friends for a long time. They met their sophomore year of high school, and each secretly fell for the other at first sight. They, along with Noah, start as just friends, fearing the other doesn't want more, but it's impossible not to see the sizzle between them.
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)
Favorite Quote(s):
“That’s the thing—your heart can be bleeding on the inside and nobody knows. You’re just expected to get on with it—even though it burns like a son of a b*tch.”
“I sigh at the cutest scene in my living room. Foster is curled up on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn watching Ratatouille. The big, tough man.”
Favorite Character: Tabby.
First Line:
“I bite my lip when his tattoo peeks out from under his shirt.”
My Musings: Clare James seems to have a penchant for having beautiful cov
The Book Trollop
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, reviewed
This author gave me this book in exchange for an honest review and I honestly enjoyed it...
This is a companion novel to the first, Before You Go, remember that one???

Now here is my review for

More...

This book was just as good as the first one. It kept me entertained, it was an easy read, and it was just the kind of book I needed to read. It gave me a happily ever after and put me in a good mood.

The story was told in Foster and Jules POV and I am glad I got a good look inside their minds.
Even i
Janhvi
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-book
I'd read Before You Go by Clare James some time back and really enjoyed the story. It was authentic and it stayed with me. So I was pretty excited to start the companion novel to it as I had been waiting for Jules and Foster's story as soon as I'd finished Before You Go. The tension between them was present in the last book and it just got all the more hotter in More. I really enjoyed delving into More.

Jules and Foster had been together before a terrible accident which left one of their friend d
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
And she's done it again Ladies and Gentlemen, another story you'll get completely lost in.

There are two sides to every story and in MORE we get both those sides. I love knowing what both main characters are thinking, helps me bond with them more.

I absolutely loved Jules from Before You Go (Book 1) and I love her even more now. She just brings a unique spark to any story and I'm so happy that we got to read about hers. I also love how Tabby and Noah are back and we get to read how they're going.
Karen
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

The author gifted me this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am a little (OK maybe a lot) OCD about reading books in order. While this is a standalone novel, I am glad that I read ‘Before You Go’ first. It introduces Jules and Foster and hints at their complicated history. You won’t miss anything by not reading BYG first, but it is definitely worth a read.

‘More’ is Jules and Foster’s story. Jules, Foster and Noah have been friends since childhood. An accident and the events leading
« previous 1 3 4 next »
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Read to Review-More- CLOSED for Sign Ups 74 59 Aug 11, 2013 07:12PM
Advanced Copies f...: Win a $25 amazon giftcard or 1 of 7 ebooks 1 7 Jun 20, 2013 08:14PM
Making Connections: 25 gift card and 7 ebooks! 1 11 Jun 20, 2013 08:12PM

• Then, Again
  • Given to You (The Killer Next Door, #3)
  • Shattered by Fate (Fate's Path, #2)
  • Defining Love (Volume 3)
  • A Brand New Ending
  • Fall from Love
  • Stealth (Satan's Savages MC, #3)
  • Kissing Fire (Edge, #3)
  • Checkmate With Bishop (Hellion MC #5)
  • Finally (Windy City, #1)
  • The Bad Boy Billionaire's Wicked Arrangement (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #1.5)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Safe Haven, #2)
  • Lost (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Shattered Soul
  • Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers, #3)
  • Wreaking Havoc
  • Tick to the Tock
Clare James is the author of steamy contemporary romance and new adult novels: BEFORE YOU GO,MORE, DIRTY LITTLE LIES, TALK TO ME, and JUST LISTEN. A former dancer, Clare still loves to get her groove on—mostly to work off her beloved cupcakes and red wine.

A fan of spunky women, gorgeous guys, and super-hot romance, Clare spends most of her time lost in books. She lives in Minneapolis with her two

Impossible Love (6 books)
  • Before You Go (Impossible Love, #1)
  • Not Without You (Impossible Love, #3)
  • Talk to Me (Public Lives, #1; Impossible Love, #4)
  • Wednesday (Impossible Love #5)
  • Never Be Tamed (Impossible Love #6)
“close the blinds in the tiny studio. Foster mumbles what I assume is a thank you from the futon. The sorry sack didn’t even” 0 likes