Start by marking “Blood Sisters” as Want to Read:
Blood Sisters

Blood Sisters

THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER YOU CAN'T MISS!

Three little girls. One accident. A lifetime of lies. From the bestselling author of My Husband's Wife.

Three little girls set off to school one sunny morning. Within an hour, one of them is dead.

Fifteen years later, Kitty can't speak and has no memory of the accident that's to blame. She lives in an insti
Published January 30th 2018 by Pamela Dorman Books (first published June 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Sisters, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sherri I agree. You would think investigators could tell--unless the girls hitting the windshield somehow cracked the whole windshield so you couldn't tell.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lisa I'm assuming she was in the road already when her sister had pushed her. I'm not entirely sure either.

Miriam Smith
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twitter
"Blood Sisters" written by the talented and respected author Jane Corry is an engaging psychological and chilling thriller that keeps you guessing and flipping the pages till the very end!
The story does start a little slow in the very beginning, but that can be forgiven as it soon picks up the pace with simmering intrigue that certainly builds in tension towards the end, with a twist that I could not have predicted.
Three girls, one good, one bad, one dead. Alison and Kitty are bound by a secret
Berit☀️✨
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 2017, thriller
This was a very well done and unique psychological thriller...
An accident over 10 years ago one sister has carried the guilt for it, the other sister has suffered the physical consequences of it.... really don't want to say too much about this, but I thought the author did a really good job of portraying all the characters, and I think a lot of research took place to really get the character of Kitty right..... and even though Kitty had a brain injury and was really confine to quite a frustratin
Kaceey
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That unexplainable, special bond between sisters that no one or nothing can break! But what if it was never there to begin with?

Alison lives in London. Not so much living really but merely existing as she’s always looking over her shoulder, waiting for the past to catch up to her. Her guilt is all-consuming. Is it survivor’s guilt? Or something else entirely?

Kitty is living in a group home with full 24 hour care. Bound to a wheelchair, and dependent on others for her care. She’s able to commun
Norma * Traveling Sister
4 stars!

BLOOD SISTERS by JANE CORRY is a gripping, surprising, complex, and a suspenseful psychological thriller novel that had me totally engaged, entertained, and interested throughout the whole book.

The book starts out with a few situations that seem a little too coincidental and had me questioning where this story was going but as I continued to read and things became a little more clear it was absolutely unputdownable.  This turned out to be so much more than what first appears as just anot
Julie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blood Sisters by Jane Corry is a 2018 Pamela Dorman Books publication.

Squeaky clean school shoes
Shoulder bags bobbing
Blonde plaits flopping
Twopairs of feet. One slightly larger.
‘Come on. We’re going to be late.’
Nearly there. Almost safe.
Pavement edge.
Another pair of feet.
A scream.
Silence.
Blood seeping on the ground.
Spreading and spreading.

A tragic accident left Kitty with severe brain-damage and her older sister, Alison physically and emotionally scarred.

Years pass, and Kitty remains ins
Crumb
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addictive and Immensely Thrilling

Blood Sisters was an incredible psychological thriller. I’m not surprised though; whenever a book has a plot summary involving a secret of some kind, I’m ALL IN.

Alison is an art teacher and her medium of choice is stained glass. She holds classes at the college near her house. After one of her art classes, she sees an advert for a job opening as “art director” at a men’s prison. After considering the offer, and realizing she could use the income, she applies and
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 entertaining and original stars to Blood Sisters! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐.75

Blood Sisters was an engaging story of sibling rivalry and all that it entails! I found the alternating storylines between each of the sisters to be intriguing from the start. One sister is starting work in a prison, while the other is convalescing after some type of serious injury. As I read more, I learned that were was a horrific accident- but who was at fault?

While a couple of the scenes and dialogue were a little dramatic, and
Pauline
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed reading Blood Sister by Jane Corry, a story of sibling rivalry and half truths. This book kept me hooked and I did not want to put it down. A psychological thriller that kept me guessing until the end.
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends
I read Blood Sisters with seven of my Traveling Sisters and we were split into two different coulees. Overall we all enjoyed this story and started off curious and intrigued. In the end, some of us were left lost in the dense, green and weedy lush coulee and some of us along ended up lost in the shallow dry coulee looking for water.

Blood Sisters is a suspenseful light yet dark at times domestic thriller that explores a deadly secret shared by two very different women. Alison who is trapped by g
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
2.5 stars.

This book didn't work for me. I liked the idea of the story, but the execution fell flat. Most of the story seemed unrealistic and implausible to me. The characters, plot and mystery all felt quite primary and lacking and I found myself rolling my eyes throughout the entire novel.

I read this with the Traveling Sisters and they all loved it a lot more than I did (I hate being the outlier!). I strongly suggest checking out Brenda and Norma's fabulous blog to see their reviews:

Carrie
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Fifteen years ago there were three young girls heading out on their way to school when tragedy strikes the trio. After that day one of the girls has been buried by her parents, one lives in a care home with permanent brain injury and one walked away with the emotional scars of being the survivor of the tragedy.

Alison who has gone on to become an artist has never forgiven herself for being the one that walked away from the incident while her younger sister, Kitty, lives in an institution. Alison
Susanne  Strong
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars* (rounded up)

Alison always wanted to be close to her little sister Kitty growing up. She yearned for it in fact. Kitty however wanted nothing to do with her older sister. Kitty had her best friend Vanessa - and she was enough. One day while on their way to school, something happens that changes things forever for these three young girls: an accident leaving Kitty institutionalized, unable to speak and Alison feeling responsible.

Fifteen years later, Kitty is still non-responsive and Al
Marialyce
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars for a somewhat interesting story.

This story revolved around an accident where three young girls are headed to school and one of them dies, the other is paralyzed, while the third carries the guilt of the day around with her.

Kitty, lives in an institution where she can't speak and lives in a wheelchair. She has lost her memory until one day a strange man starts the process of her starting to remember how she got there. Her sister, Allison, is an art teacher trying to make ends meet when
Karen
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

I enjoyed Jane Corry’s previous book, My Husband’s Wife, but really feel that the bar has been raised with this latest release.

Told between two timelines, 2001 and from 2016 onwards, this is the story of Alison and Kitty, half-sisters but so very different in personality that they hardly seemed related at all. “Maybe it would be different if my sister was…..well, more sisterly. But instead, Kitty was constantly scratchy or downright hostile. It was like living with the school bully but never
Megan Johnson
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. You can tell because I stayed up way way too late reading it and was super tired the next morning.

Anyway, it's a great thriller and one unlike others recently (am I the only one who thinks they're all about the same recently?) I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy prison drama. Yep, betcha didn't see that one coming. Prison drama.

Could have done without the very ending but I'll let it go this time but that's mostly cause I'm team Clive.
Petra
Jan 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I won this book through a GR Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

Last week: "I'm half way through and there is no hint of "thriller" yet. Not one clue of one. Easy to read but boring so far."

Finished and my opinion has not changed from the comment above. Dull. Boring. No thrills whatsoever. Just a bunch of adults with very juvenile insecurities ("she doesn't love me the most", for example) going out of their way to "revenge' their imagined hurts. Some distastefully juvenile scenes. Lots o
Zoe
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Complex and twisty!

Full review to follow shortly!
❀⊱RoryReads⊰❀
3.5 Stars. An interesting mix of psychological mystery and family drama.

Alison is an art teacher, she lives alone in London and suffers from psychological problems resulting from a terrible accident that occurred when she was in high school. Although close to her mother, she's otherwise pretty isolated and unable to trust others. When pressed by financial difficulties, she applies for a job as an art instructor at a minimum security "open" prison. She's afraid of the inmates, horrified by some o
Shalini
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real sisters are more important than blood sisters, aren't they???
3 people : 3 girls growing up to 2 women with an accident in their midst ; misstep or murder?? Why was a kid with learner's license allowed to drive a car?? Where are kids' mothers?? What really happened on that day?? The answers to all these questions is hidden in the pages of this book.
This is the basic plot line told in alternate voices of two sisters, Allison and Kitty, in two different time lines; one is the present 2016-20
Sheryl
This is the first novel I've read by this author and it won't be the last. Ms. Corry had me hooked from the very beginning, Alison who is on the edge of being neurotic by running from something that has happened from her past, she's constantly changing homes and never lets anyone get to close to her. Her only acquaintances are the students who take her art classes at the local college. She is barely able to make her rent while just teaching the one class so when she receives a flyer in regards t ...more
Ken
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having really enjoyed The Dead Ed earlier this year, I was keen to read more from Jane Corry.

Also told through different perspectives as the chapters jump between step sisters Alison and Kitty.
Kitty now lives in a care home, unable to speak and suffering from memory loss after an horrific accident.
Whilst Alison has just started working as an art teacher in a prison.
Seeing the different directions that each siblings life has now taken was an interesting comparison, especially as Alison has taken
Nicki
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One accident
Two women,Two versions of the truth

This twist packed,gripping tale of sibling rivalry,lies,betrayals,abuse,love and hate is set in two alternating time frames and told from the alternating perspectives of step sisters Alison and Kitty.The story of the events before and after the accident are set in 1991 while the other chapters are set 16-17 years later.In the later day chapters Alison has changed her name to Ali,is a art teacher and is living in London while Kitty is severely disabl
Charlotte May
"Fear. Flu. Call it what you will. But something scary is seeping through my bones. Someone is after me."

I'm really getting into the thriller genre over the past few years, and this one was a great one!
It begins with two perspectives - that of Alison and Kitty. For Part One we are unaware of how the two women are connected. We are aware that there was an accident in Alison's past involving her sister, but other than that everything is left unclear.
This thriller works well as it is full of secret
Donna
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is my first book by this author. I thought I would like this one better than I did, but it was just okay for me. It is never a good sign when you have to talk yourself into staying with it. The start was slow. It did pick up in the latter half.

I didn't really care for any of the characters. I need to connect with at least one of them to really be pulled into the story and sadly that didn't happen. I wanted to understand them but they felt a little too distant. So 2 stars.
Tammy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, if you like your thrillers neatly tied up with a bow this one is for you. I gave it four stars because the intention was successfully executed but I really need to change genres for a bit.
Amy
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
Blood Sisters is Corry’s second novel and although I’ve had her debut on my TBR for awhile, I’ve never quite managed to squeeze it in. Now I’m kicking myself because I liked this one so much that I’m quite sure that I’ll end up loving her other book as well!

This is told via two viewpoints, sisters Kitty and Alison, it starts in 2016 then goes back to 2001 when they were children before some sort of accident that isn’t clearly outlined until much later. Corry did an admirable job at giving each s
Dannii Elle
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the author, Jane Corry, and the publisher, Penguin, for this opportunity.

This is the split-perspective story of two sisters. Since childhood they have shared nothing but the same intense dislike for each other. And as adults they share even less than that, when a tragic accident causes their paths to diverge in two very different and unforeseen directions. This accident is a secret better off buried, but the past has a
♥ Sandi ❣
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥ Sandi ❣ by: prior book by author
Thanks to Jane Corry, First to Read and Penguin for a chance to read this book for an unbiased review.

This is my second Corry novel, but will not be my last. I enjoy her talented writing style, with all it's twists and turns. Her character development is honed to perfection. She is able to take a seemingly normal story line and subtly work it into a story greater than itself.

Alison and Kitty are sisters - same mother, different fathers. Vanessa is Kitty's best friend, but very spoil
Shannon
Glen
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

Three girls set off to school, and one of them dies. Fifteen years later, the other two are still traumatized. One can't even speak. Someone is watching both of them, with an evil plan in mind.

A fairly good psychological thriller.
Kindle English My...: Blood Sisters by Jane Corry 1 6 Jun 10, 2019 02:53AM
The last chapter of Blood Sisters 1 15 Jul 08, 2018 04:30PM

• Godspeed: A Love Story
  • End of the Rope: Mountains, Marriage, and Motherhood
  • The Egyptian Years
  • Mad Blood Stirring: The Inner Lives of Violent Men
  • Sparks Off You
  • Maud
  • Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall (The Eyre Hall Trilogy, #2)
  • Moonlight Dancer
  • Girl in Glass: How My "Distressed Baby" Defied the Odds, Shamed a CEO, and Taught Me the Essence of Love, Heartbreak, and Miracles
  • Until My Soul Gets It Right (The Bibliophiles #2)
  • David's Song
  • Sebastian's Poet
  • The Wedding Cake Girl
  • House of Shadows
  • The Face of Trespass
  • Frat Girl
  • The Brighton Mermaid
  • The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)
Jane Corry is a writer and journalist who has spent time working as the writer in residence of a high security prison for men - an experience that helped inspire her Sunday Times bestsellers 'My Husband's Wife' and 'Blood Sisters'. Jane runs regular writing workshops and speaks at literary festivals all over the world. Many of her ideas strike during morning dog-jogs along the beach followed by a ...more