Start by marking “Protectors of the Wood #1: Phoebe Comes Home” as Want to Read:
Protectors of the Wood #1: Phoebe Comes Home

Protectors of the Wood #1: Phoebe Comes Home

The Protectors of the Wood Adventure Novel Series is the fully illustrated story of a group of misfit teenagers who save the world from climate change. Book #1, Phoebe Comes Home, begins as Phoebe arrives back in Middletown after a year away at college. That night she dreams that a strange green man comes out of a thunderstorm to her window and says, "Everything is at stak ...more
Published June 7th 2017 by Protectors of the Wood (first published July 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Protectors of the Wood #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protectors of the Wood #1

Olivia Rosane
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, unique, and timely coming of age story. Phoebe Hood returns home to the small town of Middleton after dropping out of college when a series of knee injuries disrupt her soccer career. On her first night home, as she worries about what her future holds, she has a vision of a strange green man telling her, "Everything is at stake." Puzzling over the dream's meaning, Phoebe reintroduces herself to her home and discovers that things have changed in her absence. Scutter's grocery ...more
Tamara Kachelmeier
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book, I really loved all the illustrations! I was fond of the main character Phoebe and I enjoyed reading her thoughts as she battled her inner trials and tribulations. The mysteries of the Hidden Valley were delightful, magical, and intriguing. I related to the struggles Phoebe faced when she noticed the Mom-and-Pop stores trying to surviving in the world of chain stores and how this was impacting her home/environment/culture/heritage. I throughly enjoyed escaping into th ...more
Rachel
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an enchanting and worthwhile read. It is young adult fiction that proposes a hopeful future for all of us.

The protagonist, Phoebe Hood, returns home after dropping out of college due to an athletic injury. Throughout the novel she reconnects with her community and overcomes depression. Phoebe also deepens her understanding of her town's history and takes the first steps in becoming a mystic and environmental activist.

It's a very unique premise and the author deftly blends social r
Jim Linsa
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sophisticated points of view bounce off of one another in this easy to read adventure story that begins to take the reader deeper into the political and spiritual debate over climate change with the future of the world at stake. Leaves you definitely wanting to find out what's going to happen in Volume 2. Great for young people to develop insight into this crucial issue, and to feel empowerment in their own personal, immediate experience. The illustrations brilliantly bring the story to life.
Hélène Filion Onserud
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book and I think that a book about climate change for this young adult generation is extremely relevant at this point intime.
Olivia Kachelmeier
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the book. I liked the idea of the story about Phoebe and her problems. It sure went into detail and I like that. I could picture the things in the book in my head. I loved how there was some pictures in the book that could help with the explaining. One negative thing though, I thought it started slow BUT it did got better. It was building up the story, I get that. It got better, so I'm happy about this book. I would read the second one.

Rebecca Newberry
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like how the book was illustrated. The thought out storyline behind the climate change was very intriguing. character's story lines kept us wanting more.
Jonathan Vergara
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the lyrics included in Phoebe Comes Home. The illustrations are amazing! My favorite image is in Chapter 14; I love the double page images. I also like the mysterious qualities associated with the Dreamstone. When Phoebe finds out about her ancestors and how they are protectors of the forest, I yearned to find out the mysteries along with her.

My favorite lyrics, from the song in chapter, "We can find a bridge to cross, there must be a way”.
Tom E.
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this action adventure! Can't wait to read more. Very timely subject. Here's to the future. Congrats!
Gabriela Beez
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! There aren't many books in the ecofiction genre so I am very happy to have read this book. I love the lyrics that are in the book!
Ceci Charles-King
Nov 25, 2017
Edward Guzman
Jul 12, 2017
John KixMiller
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alice Kixmiller