Start by marking “Stealing Silence: The Silent Lands Chronicles - Volume 1 (Dystopian Ecological Saga): (Book One of The Silent Lands Chronicles) Dystopian Ecological Saga” as Want to Read:

Orphaned. Alone. Starving.
The land is dying. As resources dwindle, the population is placed at the mercy of a secretive government, which operates on its own agenda. Critical top-level scientists researching the ecological disaster have gone missing, their disappearance a cold case file that haunts the local constabulary.
Desperate for answers, the police captain hatches
Published June 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Silence

Eric Lahti
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Most dystopian books - at least the ones I've read - focus on the world falling apart from war or some external input that tears the fabric of the world apart and spits on it. Darl's precipitating event was ecological, a slow slide into chaos as the food begins to run short. The world ended not with a bang, but with a whimper, leaving everyone with too little to eat and an uncertain future.

Into this mix comes Avalon, a young woman trying to care for her sister and avoid dying by inches from star
Lana
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this dystopic novel, the first in the series. It is so true to what is happening in our world today that it is even more frightening, we are living an ecological disaster and unless we do something to stop this we too will end up dying of hunger and drought, The planet is heating up, climate is going crazy with floods and hurricanes and the destruction of much needed crops but apart from this we too are seeing the eradication of our bee colonies and many know that with ...more
Christinaraven
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great beginning to a series. I liked the concept and the story did not disappoint. A bit of action, mystery, and a world slowly dying due to scarce food, the story was fast paced without felling rushed. Just enough background was included to hook me in. I was just sad that it ended, but know the others are coming out soon so I can see what happens next. I really liked that the story was not depressing or nasty or boring in the slightest. Just a great book that was well written!
Joanne Hampton
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an exciting story. The days that only the government can give the food needed for the human body, why? Avalon, a teenage girl was caught stealing food from a government greenhouse. Sent to jail and was quietly taken out to help find out what was in the fertilizer used in the greenhouses. Love this book! I received a complimentary copy of this book.
Ola Adamska
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
Good short distopian story. Usually There is an apocalypse but here its something different. Something happened to The soil and in the end food started runing low.
In that kind of World - Avalon lives outside of the community. What will happen when she will be catched by Cops? And who did this to The soil.
If you like distopian reads but with no zombies or anything spectacular its book for you!
LooseBoots
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story. I was captivated right from the start. A young girl is an expert thief but is stealing simply to live and to feed her and her sister . She gets caught but turns out the police men that caught her is one of the good guys. I won't spoil the story line but needless to say I will be following the story with extreme interest . Another winner here I think.
Raewynn
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not a Genre that I usually read but, I grabbed this and jumped right in and wow, it was great.
A real page turner and something you can read in one sitting.
I think these young ladies are a force to be reckoned with and I look forward to what comes next.
Well done.
Elizabeth
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A clever and brave heroine in a book appropriate for a mid-grade reader.
Phthon
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different from what I usually read, but excellent. I’m off to read the next one!
The Mysterious Reader
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stealing Silence, or as Kindle prefers to call it “Stealing Silence: An Ecological Dystopian Adventure - The Silent Lands Chronicles: (Book One of The Silent Lands Chronicles) An Ecological Dystopian Adventure” is definitely a great book, whether or not you want to use the ridiculously longer version of it’s name. Actually, to be fair, that long name is pretty accurate. This really is a pretty darn good “ecological dystopian adventure” with a premise that’s actually (scarily) possible.

I’m actual
Lamar
Feb 08, 2018
Natasha Clark-French
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. The concept is intriguing and unique. Avalon is interesting and actually lives up to her reputation. One of the problems I've encountered in other books is that we're told how amazing the protagonist is at a specific thing but then they fail over and over again so we're not shown how they deserve their reputation but thankfully Avalon is adept at her skill set.
The writing is done so well I didn't even realize time was passing. I was so sucked into the story that I didn
s. lynn  crippen