Start by marking “Such a Perfect Sister” as Want to Read:
Such a Perfect Sister

Such a Perfect Sister

Yet another of Phoebe Redmond's friends is getting married and once again, as bridesmaid, she must suffer the mortification of a taffeta frock that does nothing for her figure. As if she didn't have enough problems, her job as sous chef at a smart bar and restaurant is like working in a war zone under the command of a psychopath. To cap it all, the man she wants, Luke, is ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Orion Publishing (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Such a Perfect Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Such a Perfect Sister

Start your review of Such a Perfect Sister
Kristen
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Chicks who like flicks.
I like this book a lot, and it's one of the few that I've read multiple times. I don't know why I like it so much, because it's just a typical rom-com story, other than maybe I related to the main character a bit, and there's some humorous dialogue (also, it's not a horribly slutty, trash romance novel like you might expect). More interestingly though...does anyone else think the movie "27 Dresses" borrowed heavily from the plot of this book, or am I the only one who's noticed this? I feel like ...more
Niki
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
fun book to read:)
Bev Taylor
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
will phoebe always live in the shadow of her glamourous older sister, alex?

phoebe is cuddly with frizzy air that cannot be controlled. alex is a blonde with a model figure

phoebe has always been secretly in love with luke but then alex takes him away from her. is this genuine or is she just trying to undermine her sister?

phoebe is a hard working chef in a restaurant and can always be relied on to help others. but love seems to evade her

this is all turned around and matters fast get out of
L
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was attracted to this book only because of the sister problem the main character have. Inferiority. It took me awhile to get into the story, but I still managed to finish. I loved how awesome and tolerant Phoebe was to her sister's every selfish antics but it did get annoying. Alex was nothing but a selfish person and I really hated her since the beginning. I thought she'd be nice, but sadly no. She could go to such lengths to make her sister miserable and all because she was jealous of her.

Tania
quotes#496210

"It's our busiest night. I need you here," he'd insisted. "Ronan spends more time poncing around than doing any work, and Ian's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard." p124

Phoebe looked around the kitchen. It was gloriously cluttered, warm and inviting. The mismatched assortment of china on the old Welsh dresser was almost hidden behind piles of letters, family photos and old copies of the Guardian. A fat ginger cat dozed by the Aga. Thw whole room was filled with the rich
Karschtl
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
There were quite a few character in this book that I couldn't stand.
First of all of course Alex, the bitch. Her mother Shirley is just as bad. Spoiling one daughter and negleting and constantly criticising the other one. Luke is also a typical male asshole (although it's not made THAT clear, but hey, convincing a girl to sleep with you - and you know that she is madly in love with you - and afterwards drop her and go back to her sister...)
And also Phoebe really got on my nerves. Seems as if she
Babs
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
This is a typical chick-lit book which doesn't exactly tax the brain, but which is perfect for some holiday reading.

Phoebe Redmond is your typical "girl next door" character who is always the bridesmaid and never the bride. To top it all, her ""perfect"" sister Alex has stolen the man she loves and has just announced their engagement. The story winds is way through the typical chick-lit ups and downs before ending in the typically cliched climax.

As a bride-to-be myself I found the wedding
Sondos Ahmed
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
love it so much hope i can find the rest work of you my regrades from Eygpt
Suzie
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Easy read, you want to be the main character until the story gets a bit too "soap opera" cliche
Beautiful_Jade
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book.

It's a quickish, fun read and I loved Phoebe and Will.
Carol
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it.
Devina Dutta
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A book to curl up your toes with on a sofa and a huge drink. The storyline is not new but it makes in for an interesting read for all lovers of chicklit.
Lucy McLaurin
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This has been on my shelf for over four years now and each time I've picked it up - it hasn't appealed to me... until now! And I really enjoyed it. A lovely frothy girly book!
Eliška
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Místy jsem se fakt smála hodně, ale zkuste se smát v jedenáct v noci do ticha domu :)
Sharmili
Shirley
Aug 05, 2006
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Friend Zone
  • Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5)
  • What French Women Know  About Love, Sex and Other Matters of the Heart and Mind
  • Simple Abundance:  A Daybook of Comfort and Joy
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)
  • A Pinch Of Posh: A Beginner's Guide To Being Civilised
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • The Silent Twins
  • How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
  • Life and Other Inconveniences
  • Wine. All the Time.: The Casual Guide to Confident Drinking
  • The Royal We
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • Well Suited (Red Lipstick Coalition, #4)
  • The Garden of Small Beginnings

Donna Hay's first novel, Waiting in the Wings, won her the RNA New Writers' Award, and since then she has attracted praise from critics for Kiss & Tell and Such a Perfect Sister. She writes regularly for TV Times and What's On TV, and has a weekly soaps page in Chat