Start by marking “Wild Embers: Poems of rebellion, fire and beauty” as Want to Read:
Wild Embers: Poems of rebellion, fire and beauty

Wild Embers: Poems of rebellion, fire and beauty

"They have lightning in their souls, thunder in their hearts, chaos in their bones."

Nikita Gill's poetry has captured hearts and minds all over the world; her inspirational words have been shared hundreds of thousands of times online, been plastered across placards on international women's marches and even transformed into tattoos. This collection will showcase mostly un

Published November 16th 2017 by Trapeze

To ask other readers questions about Wild Embers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Embers

Lucy Langford
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5*****

Taken from 'Belle':
'She sacrifices her freedom, her most treasured possession, for her father. She stands out from the crowd and reads in a time where education for women was unheard of. Her kindness and willingness to give to others is where her true beauty lies.

And yet, in the fairytales we tell our children, we first introduce her as beautiful rather than fierce, kind, independent, intelligent, giving, full of light and powerful. Even her name is a testament to outward beauty.'

After re
Nat
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, arc
Wild Embers 2-- bookspoils

Wild Embers explores the fire that lies within every soul, weaving words around ideas of feeling at home in your own skin, allowing yourself to heal, and learning to embrace your uniqueness with love from the universe.

Featuring rewritten fairytale heroines, goddess wisdom, and poetry that burns with revolution, this collection is an explosion of femininity, empowerment, and personal growth.

I went into this not knowing what to expect from the author, especially after a bit disconnected with the
Wild Embers is a collection of poetry and prose written by Nikita Gill. This was my first experience reading from this author and I enjoyed it a great deal. This collection is split into seven sections that are separated by an untitled poem themed with that section's subject matter. Based on my perspective during my personal reading experience, topics include self-worth and growth, resilience and healing, rewritten Disney and fairytale princesses, self-awareness and self-acceptance, a woman's st ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Being, power, understanding, strength, femininity.

5 More Words: Beauty, art, control, feminism, fairytales.

This was absolutely incredible. Breathtaking. Captivating. Haunting. I just can't get my words into an appropriate semblance of sense to actually review it.
Nicay │The Nerdy side of a Queen
“And if they berate you and push you down, and break you and tell you over and over again how you are not enough, remember how Pluto had once dissolved to being nothingness and is fighting its way back into being a planet again.”

There was so much feels while reading this poetry book. And I can’t coherent the words how to describe this beautiful art. This poetry tells all the heartaches, self-love and being strong no matter how hard the challenges are.

This was my first poetry book written by Niki
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Oh man, Nikita Gill's poems never cease to amaze me. Soulful, lyrical and touching. Some of them almost made me tear up. It inspires me to keep going and never give up on my dreams no matter how many times I stumbled. *sighs* Just beautiful.

Here are my favorites:
- Your Heart is Not a Hospital
- The Sun and The Moon
- Forgiveness
- Dark Days
- The Art of Unmissing
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
hello new favourite poetry collection 😍😭

tw: abuse, mental illness
Lea Dokter
2.5/5. There are definitely a few gems in this poetry collection, but I feel like Gill needs to break out of her comfortzone. There is quite a lot of repetition in the symbolism and metaphors she uses, and the amount of almost-but-not-quite motivational speeches made me grind my teeth at points. Gill definitely has potential, but in my opinon her work needs more polishing and a splash of maturity.
Jenny (Reading Envy)
I loved the cover and title of this, and was even really into the first few poems, which used a lot of science and outerspace metaphor to discuss bodies. But then the poems switched over into a trauma, psychology, not-really-poetry mode. At least, not literary poetry. If this is going to a be new thing in the world of Instagram and Tumblr poets who are really employing words to deal with trauma (and wow is the word trauma mentioned in this volume a lot, a lot, a lot)... well I think this is okay ...more
Jo (That book-hoarding geek)
I went into this collection of poetry by Nikita Gill, really not knowing what to expect and it did not disappoint. The cover alone would be enough for me to buy the book though. It's simply beautiful.

"You cannot burn away what has always been aflame"

Nikita Gill can certainly write. Her poems are unique, personal and I can say that a good number of them I could relate to. I had to reread a few of them to understand them fully, as a couple are told like they are going round in a circle. The theme
Marty :} (thecursedbooks)
I absolutely loved the writing and the subject of this collection. Nikita Gill is one of my favourite modern poets, this is the second book I read from her and I have to say that her writihng improved very much. Her poems also had more substance and the fact that she included a section where she speaks of fairy-tales and how they are toxic to our society, how we should recreate them to create more feminist narratives is amazing!!

I don’t know about you, but I mostly loved fairy-tales because of h
Carlene Inspired
There are stars glittering
inside you
that have never been
handled.

It is no surprise that Nikita Gill, Instagram poetry sensation, has released a collection of poetry focused on female empowerment. Gill is recognized for her short, powerful poetry that liken women to wolves, storms, and protective anger against the forces that seek to harm and destroy us. Wilder Embers has poetry for the mind and body, giving readers powerful verses about self-love and breaking the chains we've been locked into. Th
Brittney Andrews (beabookworm)
Someone I loved once told me that there are fragments within us
that are the same age as the universe, and because we are matter,
we can never be destroyed. That a part of us will live forever and ever,
and that in making us the universe was celebrating itself,
we are its living, breathing joy.

description

After reading this collection of poetry, I was left feeling strong like a warrior, worthy, inspired and empowered. Why this poet hasn't received as much recognition as 🍯"She Who Must Not Be Named" 🐝
Stephanie Gillespie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, poetry

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wild Ember is a collection of poetry and prose written by Nikita Gill. This was my first experience reading anything from this author and I highly enjoyed it. I will be picking up more of her writing in the future.

My favorite section was that of the rewritten fairy tale heroines, these poem were magical and everything I never knew I needed. This poetry collection was filled with poems about su
Nanly
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-cry, poetry
Maybe it's because Wild Embers by Nikita Gill was the book I was reading when my mother passed away last year, but I feel like this is one book I will never be able to forget. During my loneliest moments - when I felt so lost and broken - I was able to find comfort and understanding in the words on these pages:

"How comforting to think that there are so many universes.
Perhaps one where the Titanic did not sink,
one where humanity is kind to the earth, not a curse.

Possibly one where magic is real
wh
Thomas
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always find hard to rate poetry books, so before writing down my feelings and how I loved reading this poetry book by Nikita Gill, I wanted to explain why I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.
To me, (and in my humble opinion) it is almost impossible to find a poetry book where you love every single poem written in it. I mean you always have some favorites, ones you love more than others, and some you didn't really connect with.
While reading 'Wild Embers' I had a lot of favorites but also some (and a ver
Gretchen Gomez
a revolutionary collection that will rock your entire existence! filled with poems of healing, survival, feminism, self-love, and more! nikita also rewrites fairytales and goddesses from greek mythology. this is the collection you need to read right now! nikita has such a powerful astounding voice. i need all her work. i felt like a different person at the end of this poetry collection.
Julia Sapphire
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, verse
Adibah Atiqa (elentiyareads)
RTC
theresa 🌸🥑
beautiful and strong.truthful and breathtakingly honest.its a celebration of womanhood,courage,self love and kindness.i LOVED all the poems,but the one about Belle is my absolute favourite.
Madhulika Liddle
Nikita Gill’s Wild Embers is mostly a collection of poetry, with the odd bit of (somewhat poetic) prose thrown in. A few common themes run through the work: recovering from trauma, learning to love yourself, learning to let yourself shine, being strong, being wild, being yourself. Gill approaches these in a couple of innovative ways (for instance, she rewrites some popular fairytales to make their female protagonists independent of Prince Charming and completely in charge of their own destinies; ...more
ellie
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhat of a controversial opinion, but I preferred her other book better. This was very easy to get through but I didn't really feel a lot, you know? I wanted my heart to feel full or at least something. there are beautiful words here, but they are just not my favorite words. i liked some of them enough, though. i will definitely still check out her future works because i enjoy her style!
Alicia Cook
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

This woman can write her heart out -- literally, her heart and vulnerability and strength are on every single page of this opus.

The cover is beautiful, just wanted to get that one out of the way.

I LOVED THIS BOOK. SO, why not five stars? The book would have benefited from small amounts of copy editing - in the first 25 pages of the book, the wording or structure of a few poems confused me, leading me to re-read it until I realized the rhythm of the poem. One poem (p. 8) spoke in a circle, and
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful collection <3
Akanksha Goel
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most beautiful book I have read in my lifetime. Words do not come to my mind, when I want to describe this book.
Nikita Gill has given an all new dimension to the world of poetry with her simple yet complicated, short yet deeply meaningful poems.
I have always questioned the fairy tales that we have been told since my childhood, and Nikita Gill has beautifully reshaped them and told the world that how they should have been.
If correct ideas are sown into the minds when they are young, I feel
Krissy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. The beauty of this book is indescribable. The metaphors, the messages, the raw truth of it all is beyond beautiful. Every woman should read this poetry collection. I loved it so much that I'll definitely be buying the paperback sometime. What an amazing writer.
Jenny Lee
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received this to read and review from NetGalley.

This collection of poems is full of self love, strength and reminders that you are stronger than you think. There are lots of nods to space and how miniscule we all actually are. Reminders that what happens to you shouldn't define you.

It's a very nice collection for people on the path of learning how to love themselves.
Insanity.
‘Why didn’t you leave him?’
Because, you will say quietly,
he had convinced me
I was no longer human."

There are definitely some really strong ones here and every word is very beautiful and right... but for me it's just not powerful . It didn't make me shiver from emotions, it didn't make me feel anything more. I was missing some really strong emotions.
Nikita Singh
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Orlanda Machado
Original Blog Review: https://myescapebookscoffeetea.wordpr...

Bookstagram: http://instagram.com/booksofsalem

Buy this book on The Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Wild-E...

”review”/

To be honest with you when I started reading the poems I was like “what… no… I don’t like it , my rating will be awful”, but then everything started to get better and I honestly really enjoyed this book.

The poems talk a little about magic which is awesome because I do believe in magic, I do believe in witches, I
Goodreads Librari...: wrong book information 4 22 Jul 20, 2017 12:31PM
Nikita Gill is a Indian Sikh writer brought up in Gurugram, Haryana in India. In her mid twenties, she immigrated to the South of England and worked as a carer for many years. She enjoys creating paintings, poems, stories, photos, illustrations and other soft, positive things. Her work has appeared in Literary Orphans, Agave Magazine, Gravel Literary Journal, Monkeybicycle, Foliate Oak, MusePiePre ...more
“She is alone.
And oh
how brilliantly she shines.”
35 likes