Start by marking “The Sixth Gate” as Want to Read:
The Sixth Gate

The Sixth Gate

(The Gate Trilogy #1)

Dr. Elisabeth Avery is a woman caught between two worlds. Little does she know that others like her, other half-breeds, are being hunted. When a creature drags a princess into the Netherworld, Elisabeth is determined to save her by any means necessary.

Meanwhile,
Published July 7th 2017 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Sixth Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sixth Gate

J.N. Bedout
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story blends the physical and metaphysical realms into a seamless narrative of good versus evil. There is deception at various levels that keeps the reader guessing, and the plot is epic in its scope. Rich background development adds a relatable depth to the main characters on both sides of the divide, especially Elisabeth, Malthael and Ki. But more impressive is the world building; the Netherworld, in particular, comes alive as its contrasting landscapes and creatures spring from the pages. ...more
Dianne
K.T. Munson spares no detail in creating her chaotic “worlds” filled with gates of passage, gates that also should also hold back evil from saturating the earth. Five planets, and the Netherworld are connected, but all is not well.

Dr. Elisabeth Avery has studied fringe science with good reason, she is part demon and knows the truth that other dimensions do exist. Not accepting of her dark half, she does not know she one of many being hunted for a power she possesses and her half-demon soul. Som
Kat
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tigers and spiders and murderous butterflies… oh my! Wow, talk about crazy-amazing world building! Multiple planets, a “Netherworld”, awesome animals, demons and half-demons, banished princes, particle spirits made flesh by science and demon magic. KT Munson has given us a little bit of everything and you just have to hang on for the ride.

Dr. Elizabeth Avery is half-demon (I confess, I latched on to her as a favorite right away) and a fringe scientist who opens with a demonstration that will kn
Misty Mount
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an epic fantasy tale with a straightforward message of acceptance at its heart. I’m impressed with the extent of world and character building. If I didn’t know it was impossible, I’d almost think the author had lived on these worlds because of the detail used in describing them. This is another great work from one of my favorite storytellers!
C.M. Skiera
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, fantasy
The Sixth Gate by K.T. Munson is a complex fantasy set in an original, imaginative world. A wide cast of characters bring this tale to life, as the protagonists discover a legendary ancient evil returning to power. The diverse set of characters must band together to not only defeat the vile antagonist, but in some cases, must literally battle their own inner demons.

The world building in The Sixth Gate is inventive, as characters travel between planets and even to the Netherworld during their ad
Aly
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great fantasy book with a wide range of characters.  It is engaging and exciting.  I was enjoying every moment of this book.  I wanted to read every bit of this book and it was hard to put it down.  I think it was a fun and memorable read.  *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Chris Angelis
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I read a book that balances awkwardly between literary genres. That can sometimes be great news, when written skilfully and in an original manner, though more often than not it’s a sign of a narrative that has escaped the author’s control. The Sixth Gate, by K.T. Munson, has no such dilemmas to combat as, I am happy to tell fantasy-fiction fans, it’s as pure fantasy as one can expect.
Part Assassin’s Creed, part Lovecraft, part Final Fantasy (there are even characters called Riku, Yuna,
D.J. Reid
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I really enjoyed this engaging and complex fantasy novel, with a host of memorable characters, set on five vividly described worlds, plus the Netherworld. The last was my favourite, cluttered with dark ruins under a brooding red sky and haunted by weird and wonderful creatures, including spider-like predators called Weavers and swarms of killer Shrikes. There are a few nods to Celtic, Norse and Greek mythology throughout the book, but mainly a very impressive amount of original and ingenious wor ...more
H.M. Gooden
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this book down. Although at first it was a little difficult to read, the rich world the author has created soon enveloped me. We see several perspectives here, woven together to form one solid piece even though at first you may wonder what the narrators have to do with each other. Amazing world building with a glimmer of legends I think I may have heard once retold in a fashion that is truly unique.
S.W. Wilcox
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy a good magic-gate fantasy and this one is written with YA exuberance. But while the text flows well, the sentence variety is a bit lacking for older readers. A sample: "It had taken him months of hard training to figure out how to scale a wall of such height. Luckily this was an old castle, made of stone, and it had been weathered with time. During his practice on less guarded towers, he had fallen more times than he could count, but in the end he had figured out the secrets."

Also, the a
Dale Lehman
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Born on the eve of a war that all but destroyed his kindred, the Shadow Clan, Ki is raised by the surviving elders. His whole life has been spent in training for just one purpose: to kill forty-two sinful people and collect into himself their souls, thus releasing them from their evil and becoming the savior of his race. Mission nearly accomplished, he discovers that his last two targets have committed no sin. One is a child too young to bear any guilt. The other is Elisabeth, a brilliant young ...more
Jessica
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fair warning: I loved this story and will be unabashedly singing its praises for the next few paragraphs.

I’ll admit that the blurb didn’t grab me. It sounded a bit like stories I’d read before. Boy was I wrong.

Fantasy, paranormal, and a bit of literary fiction all rolled into one, The Sixth Gate delivers on a lot of levels. Influences of Greek mythology and other lore (like the lost colony of Roanoke) play well alongside the author’s original ideas. The character cast is wide, but each was so ca
G.J. Griffiths
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, my-reviews, ya
I so wanted to give this book 5 stars because of the undoubted talent of the author to create new and wonderful, fantastical worlds and characters. They are varied and intriguing with events and incidents that constantly challenge the reader and encourage them to turn to the next page. The author has a gift for description and exposition that can put the reader fairly and squarely in the scene. There were times when it seemed as though a video game was being described in words but with the delig ...more
Tristen Kozinski
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The sixth gate's strongest asset is its characters, and the way the story compels them to interact. They are varied in nature and complex in their desires, abilities, and weakness. Ki and Elizabeth's journey together/relationship in particular caught my interest, as their connection is unusual and wonderfully contradictory. I will withhold specifics to avoid spoilers.
Another strong element is the story itself, which takes place across several connected world, many of which inhabit different tech
Happy Booker
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Sixth Gate is a Sci-Fi Fantasy story about Dr. Elisabeth, a half human – demon who happens to prefer ignoring her demon side. The world consists of five planets and the Netherworld. Elizabeth is a good seer. When all of the other seers are assassinated, Elisabeth has to find out whats going on.

At the same time, Elisabeth is also hunted for the powers; she is unaware of and also has her demon side to deal with as well. I found the story to be very well written. The world setting was by far th
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I recently read the prequel to The Sixth Gate, The Gate Guardian’s Daughter, and was pumped about reading this story. This is not a fantasy read that involves only two main characters, there is an expansive world development going on in this book. There are different worlds with its own race and guardians, as well as a Netherworld that has unbelievable creatures with its own royalty. Remarkable!

The main story is about Dr. Elisabeth Avery who is half human and half demon. Specifically, she is hal
Teri
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ya gotta love this author's mind that can create such details and imagery in this wonderfully complicated story. The gates are there for a purposes, one that it seems is not doing it's job. There is mayhem and chaos that keeps you turning the pages and getting to know these characters better. Don't blink because you may miss something. There is trouble on the horizon and something must be done to battle it. Will the darkness win out or will she accept herself as a whole and be complete. Deceit a ...more
Ada Wallace
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH... MY...GOD...! This book was incredible. I was so enwrapped in it's characters and worlds I read this whenever I had a chance (Thank you kindle cloud!). Munson has mastered the talent bringing multiple story lines into one and having them spread into different world and flow together. The characters were personable and I like how they all have their own paths that end up coming together by the lead character.
This is not just an awesome story but a melody of folklore turned into a whole new
Darque  Dreamer
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sixth Gate is dark, intricate, and fascinating! It will take you on an otherworldly journey full of shocking twists and turns. If you love vividly complex worlds amidst paranormal fantasy, you will not be disappointed with this one!

I really loved the complexity and depth of this one. It started off mildly confusing with all the POV's, but everything quickly came together, and the vividness of the world building made the mild confusion worthwhile. I enjoyed the different characters, and the i
L.N. Denison
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
True rating 4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this multifaceted story. The chapters were short and managable. Maybe a bit too short sometimes. The story comes at you from many directions, but it comes together in a neat little package at the end.

The secondary characters hold their own and help mould the story, which centres around Elisabeth, a half demon who is the key to everything. She encounters many obsticles along the way, which adds to the intensity.

The characters are well developed, and the narr
Hannah (booklattes)
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Oh my goodness K.T. really outdid herself this time!! The Sixth Gate is a stunning science fiction fantasy adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat for every twist and turn.

The interplanetary gates have existed between the five planets and the Netherworld for as long as living memory. Dr. Elisabeth Avery is a woman caught between two worlds. Little does she know that others like her, other half-breeds, are being hunted. When a creature drags a princess into the Netherworld, Elisabe
M.J. Lau
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
K.T. Munson’s The Sixth Gate is a highly inventive trilogy starter. It blends many aspects of fantasy and sci-fi creatively: there are assassins, demons, sentient stardust, and mythical animals across five different interconnected worlds. For the most part, these disparate parts interact in entertaining ways.

The novel begins with lots of shifting POVs to develop the various worlds and characters in the story line. The minimal amount of dialogue early on made it hard to get a sense of each charac
Kate M. Colby
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
The Sixth Gate by K.T. Munson blends elements of fantasy (demons, magic, gates/portals to other realms, ancient curses, etc.) with dashes of science fiction (interplanetary travel, Elisabeth's scientific research, etc.) to create an intriguing new universe, complete with various planets and hell dimensions. It follows a large cast of characters from different planets, whose paths intertwine as an ancient evil force emerges with the goal of conquering all the planets for himself.

This universe of
Anna Lane
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Sixth Gate feels epic as events unfold on five planets. When I picked up the book, I wasn’t aware of a prequel with Elisabeth as the main protagonist. Her appearance comes much later in chapter 7. If I had known about the prequel, I would have paid more attention to chapters in her point of view. She is the main protagonist who rises to face the evil.

I have read a light sci-fi romp by the author, but the style here is dark and so much different. The author certainly has a talent for being ve
J.B. Darroch
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying I don't usually read Sci-fi Fantasy novels. That being said, K.T. Munson's The Sixth Gate was very complex with many worlds. I was drawn into these worlds quickly with the expansive descriptions the author created. I was immediately pulled into this book and could not put it down. The detail in describing the different worlds made it very easy to picture. The character development was brilliant. This may have been the first novel I've read from K.T. Munson, but it will ...more
Travis Starnes
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from Review Copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Sixth Gate is a sprawling fantasy story about, well, that’s a bit of a problem. The book has some difficulty pinning down what the story its telling is actually about.

When I say the story is sprawling, that isn’t an understatement. Munson has built a complex world that, if taken by itself would be pretty interesting. It’s clear the author ha
Alex (Briennai)
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dr. Elisabeth Avery is caught between the five planets and the Netherworld since she was born, as she is half demon. She has denied her demon side for years but has been able to work well as a seer since she is connected to both worlds. As seers are strangely assassinated and a princess dragged into the Netherworld, Elisabeth may be the only one who can solve the mystery.

Meanwhile, on the planet of Hystera, a Keeper and his assistant must investigate a string of mysterious suicides. Citizens wit
Stephanie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Sixth Gate is an epic fantasy that centers on several stories surrounding different characters that eventually find their worlds connecting. There's the half demon, Dr. Elisabeth Avery, the only seer left in existence, Ki, desperate to repent/assassinate the ones he's been told have sinned, and Kerrigan and Jinq, investigating several suicides and spirit animal disappearances.

The Good: The prose and descriptions in this story are written masterfully. Worlds are described in detail and incor
John
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
The Sixth Gate By K.T. Munson is an interesting fantasy novel that has some issues, but ultimately redeems itself as the novel progresses forward. The main characters that are introduced within the novel take a while to be fleshed out, but settle into believable characters as you read on. The relationship between Dr. Elisabeth and her would be assassin Ki-- far fetched as it would be, is intriguing and had some rather humorous elements to it, and Elisabeth's relationship with her father feels ge ...more
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

Lately, I've found myself gravitating towards stories and books that incorporate a lot of magic and the impossible through them. My entire reading back list for the last two months consists of nothing more than other worlds and destinations, as well as other beings, or heroes and heroines with incredible abilities and courage so when The Sixth Gate by KT Munson landed on my kindle I was very very excited.

'Never before had anyone told her how to connect to their planet, and no
K.T. Munson is an independent author. First published at 5 years old in the young writers conference, she has pursued writing ever since. She maintains a blog creatingworldswithwords.wordpress.com that is about writing and her novels. She was born and raised in the last frontier, the great state of Alaska.

The Gate Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Gate Guardian's Daughter
  • The Nowhere Gate (The Gate Trilogy Book 2)