Start by marking “The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #2)

The Tomb of Hercules (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  5,705 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
From the author of THE HUNT FOR ATLANTIS, comes an electrifying new novel - prepare yourself for an adrenalin-fuelled ride.

An ancient warrior

For archaeologist Nina Wilde it's the opportunity of a lifetime. Her studies of an ancient text have convinced her that a tomb containing the remains of legendary warrior Hercules may actually exist. If she can locate it, it will be t
Published 2008 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about The Tomb of Hercules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tomb of Hercules

Patrick Gibson
Nov 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: testosterone
What do you call it when an author sets up a premise and promptly destroys it with a stupid sentence? There must be a term for it. Like ‘shitass?'

For example:

“the scientists were normally able to conduct their explorations with no interference from the outside world.
BUT NOT TONIGHT.”

Or this gem:

“It was not a place where anyone in his right mind would choose to be.
BUT SOMEONE WAS THERE.”

How about:

“The dart guns were designed to fire tranquilizers. But these were loaded with something else.
SOMET
Mark Muckerman
Jun 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Mike (the Paladin)
Ooooookkkkaaayyyy...... This is an action thriller that really didnt have enough action to thrill me.

I read the first book in this series where Eddie and Nina set out to find Atlantis. This seems to have gone so well and been so successful that our writer decided that a search for another mythical place was in order and would be a great idea.

Except of course that things don't go a lot differently in this book than they did in the first.

Well they don't go that differently except for the addition
Dan
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I know how I talked up this series after reading the 1st one. Granted, the genre is super-cliche but I thought Hunt for Atlantis was even good enough to get 5-stars. Why? Because that was an entertaining novel. McDermott apparently did not realize what made the first novel good because almost all of that gets lost here.

The Hercules stuff is good and this is where the book redeems itself a bit. But the problem is that it's not even really the main plot of the book! I won't get into the r
Lisabet Sarai
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I picked up a copy of this over-the-top adventure novel at a book swap, and read it on a long plane trip. Suffice to say that it kept be sufficiently entertained that I hardly noticed the discomfort of the cramped seats, screaming babies, and overly-enthusiastic air conditioning on my budget airline.

This book is apparently a sequel to McDermott's THE HUNT FOR ATLANTIS, which I have not read. In that book, archeologist Nina Wilde and her bodyguard/boyfriend Eddie Chase uncover the lost world of t
Emmie
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I like the series. It seems very promising. I'm not too sure about my feelings for the MC's. This series reminds me somewhat of the hunters series by Chris Kuzneski.
Michael
Oct 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Fun read… If you like James Bond or India Jones you’ll enjoy these books… This is book 2 and I highly recommend reading the book 1 first which is The Hunt for Atlantis. Though this book does stand alone, reading the first book will give the read a better understanding of the lead character's relationships.
Kimberly
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kimberly by: Alan
The book was full of action, great character building, and mystery. However, I found it a little dull after reading book one: The Hunt For Atlantis
Most of "The Tomb of Hercules" gave me a sense of dejavue. I probably wouldn't read it again.
Shelley
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Honestly, didn't finish this book, but am sending it and the rest of the series back to the library. I like the premise of the books, but one main character has begun to irritate me. So back they go. I have many more books on the shelf waiting to be read.
BJ
The second in this series, although I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first, I will go on to #3. Am enjoying the characters and the adventures. This one was a little bit over the top and I thought went on a little too long. Even though it took me awhile to read (I kept getting interrupted with library holds coming in!), I enjoyed it. Fun summer read!
adventure thrillers 16 44 Jan 24, 2015 12:43PM
Goodreads Librari...: Edited description becoming Default description 4 68 Oct 01, 2012 04:29AM
  • The Exodus Quest (Daniel Knox, #2)
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5)
  • Pulse (Chess Team Adventure, #1)
  • The Atlantis Prophecy (Conrad Yeats Adventure #2)
  • The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)
  • The 5 Greatest Warriors (Jack West Jr, #3)
  • The Prophecy (Payne & Jones, #5)
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
Andy McDermott was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and now lives in Bournemouth. As a journalist and magazine editor, amongst other titles he edited DVD Review and the iconoclastic film publication Hotdog. Andy is now a full-time writer.
More about Andy McDermott...

Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • The Secret Of Excalibur (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #3)
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • The Cult Of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • Empire Of Gold (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #7)
  • Temple Of The Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Valhalla Prophecy (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #9)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Revelation Code (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #11)
“a quick look of thanks. Then her eyes flicked up to something above him— Chase was slammed to the ground as a man jumped on to him from the catwalk above the processor, knocking the Wildey from his grip. Sophia dragged” 0 likes