Start by marking “Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)” as Want to Read:
Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)

Shanghai Tang

(Dan Roy #4)

Shanghai Tang - a fast paced and heart pounding action thriller from the wildly popular Dan Roy Series
A betrayed assassin is thrust into the secret life of Shanghai's underworld
Dan Roy, ex Black Ops legend, is becoming a new legend in the infamous blood fight tournament called Kumite, in Hong Kong. He is carving himself a new life, when disaster strikes his loved ones
Published June 30th 2017 by Hard Wire Publication

To ask other readers questions about Shanghai Tang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shanghai Tang

Start your review of Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)
Blair H. Prigg
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

This was an enjoyable read, but, it was the second book in a row that dealt with corrupt politicians. It makes you wonder if part of the corruption is true. Yes, I did say the book was enjoyable, because it made me stop and think about what is going on in our own government today. Also, there were enough errors that should have been caught in proof reading that I could only give it four stars.
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are times I wish I could give 20 big fat stars for a book, and this is one of those novels. Having recently read a lot of lighter rom-coms I was more than ready to get my teeth into a good thriller - and this is one damn good thriller!

I must confess to having a 'thing' for Dan Roy. In addition to having been Black-ops, he has a humanity about him which, although never getting in the way of the task in front of him, slips through every now and then. This book, the fourth in the Dan Roy
Satrajit Sanyal
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been looking forward to the release of this book since I finished "The Tonkin Protocol" — and I am pleased to say that Mick Bose did not let me down! If Mr. Bose writes to entertain, I hope that means he is going to be writing for a very long time because I am definitely entertained...

I have lived in Washington DC and I have visited Shanghai and Hong Kong on business — the description of those cities and places in them (like the Four Seasons in Shanghai) is spot on. I attended GWU and I
Pete
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller fans
This is a very workmanlike thriller. I think that it is better than the previous Dan Roy books as, although there is still a lot of action the focus has moved towards the story line, and the plot is much stronger as a result.
Dan Roy is a great character, and the exotic locations in this book are very evocatively described, the villains are suitably unpleasant and the two connected sub-plots, in China and the USA are handled very neatly.
Mick Bose is getting more confident in his writing, and I
Luc
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
After his latest adventure in Myanmar, Dan tried to settle down but the itch never went away. And when it itches you have to scratch, so he went to find whatever he is looking for. What he does not know (yet) is that he really trying to find himself. In this quest he has ended up in Hong Kong and as usual where Dan goes, trouble will soon find him.

In another action-packed adventure Dan is not only confronted with the Chinese triads, betrayal by fellow Americans, but also with his own
Teresa Collins
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is a well-written, action-packed thriller that will take you on a non-stop roller-coaster ride. A ride that includes spies, Triad gangs, corrupt government officials and greedy company executives. All of this wrapped up in the awe-inspiring land that is China. Mick Bose writes so well that you can easily picture the crowded, bustling city of Shanghai, as well as the surrounding countryside. Add to all of this, fully developed characters that feel like people you know and you have a winner
Irene Adam
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free advance e-copy of this book and have chosen to write an honest and unbiased review. I have no personal affiliation with the author. Another great Dan Roy adventure. He is soo troubled. I hope he can find himself. There are plenty of secret agents, dark villains, action, adventure, and danger. The Chinese Triads are dark and ruthless. There are secrets and political involvement reaching all the way to the USA. An average story line but worth the read. I look forward to reading ...more
Carol Simmons
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story

Dan Roy a man with a purpose who will repeatedly put his own life in danger to help save innocent people. He is not afraid to die to keep others safe. He knows the country of China well not letting us limited use of the language keep him from completing his tasks. This author against keeps the reader unable to put book down. Will continue following this gifted author.
Cherie
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it from start to finish!

Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. It was action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. Dan Roy is a very complex man, who does awful things for the right reasons. He takes care of the helpless and innocents. It's impossible to not love him. The heroine Xiao is also a courageous and complex woman. There is just enough sexual attraction and tension to make it interesting. A really great plot and ending!
Michael Goulette
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I rarely give any 5 stars so this was good. The kumite championship fights at the beginning of the book was a nice touch. Lots of action and was a quick read. The only problem I found with the book is the description of the Glock 22. It does not have a safety latch as was mentioned in the book. None of the Glocks have. The safety is built into the trigger. It will go bangwhen its pulled but wont go off when dropped.
Don
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
He writes a good story but it is more difficult to understand everything as it all happens in China. Then add all those Chinese characters, places, streets and it takes away from your reading enjoyment. I doubt Dan Roy could be as good as he paints him, some impossible situations that he didn’t need to create, would have made it more believable.
Anna Lopez pugsley
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well done

Exciting, riveting,very enjoyable!
A lot of twists and turns and things happening you don't expect. This is a serious page Turner.
So sit down, get comfortable, get a bunch of snacks together along with a cooler full of your favorite beverage s cause you're not going to be able to put the book down!
Seth Parker
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Invincible main character. Good suspense an technical information. Fast read enjoyable

Again a good thrill but Dan Roy is portrayed as invincible. I do enjoy reading them but need to rethink the main character
Michael
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Somewhat predictable, but interesting.

I read the Kindle edition of the book. I came across a few errors that should have been caught by an editor. Character development was pretty well done and the plot seemed a bit predictable.
Kerry Dillenburg
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A winner worth your reading time

It's difficult to continually come up with witty or meaningful ways to express my appreciation for all of the work the author put into his work. Suffice it to say you will not be disappointed in spending time within Mick Bose' world of intrigue.
Alvin Youman
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite

This is the third Dan Roy book that I have read. Did not feel as if the characters were well developed and the story was difficult to follow. Would not recommend this book
Jasmine
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written thriller!

Enjoyed this book immensely! Very reminiscent of Jack Reacher series. Good plot and character development. Looking forward to reading more from this author!
DAVID A HABEDANK
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay Book

Book was okay, just not my cup of tea. Takes place in China, so too many unpronounceable words and names for my taste. Also, not enough action. Hopefully next book is better.
Chaplain Stanley Chapin
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting story

A Little unbelievable, but worthwhile. Much better editing would uncovered the mistakes. Intrigue was fairly good, although could have been more intense.
Kenn Goslin
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How does a hero like Dan Roy always seem to find trouble???

Not what I was expecting for this installment of Dan Roy's adventures. Where is Lin Ya n anyway??? Keep reading!!!
Curtis Hawk
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good fast story with plenty of action and great characters
Dan Roy is an all time patriot.
Andrew Riess
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A GOOD THRILLER

I enjoyed reading this story as the action started on the first page and continued to the end of the story.
Debbie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unstoppable

The fourth in the series is just as good as the first. Good story. Interesting cities. Dramatic situations. Eccentric characters. Dan Roy is unstoppable.
Guerrino Ruta
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Very good storyline. Action packed thriller, but the ebook has far too many spelling and grammar errors.
lesley Benrimoj
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another rip roaring tale

A fine story with breat characters. P!enty of action with several suprises on the way.
Bose tells a good yarn
RALPH J. PESANT
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very good read

I have now read all 4 books. This one was my favorite. I await anxiously the next one.This author is here to stay.
Peggy Pancherz
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Characters are realistic and get better and better. Storyline continues to grow and develop.
Susan
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shanghai Tang is is the fourth book in the Dan Roy series. You can read this as a standalone but it makes more sense if you have read the previous books. There is a lot of violence.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat all of that info here.The action started at the beginning and continued throughout the book. The storyline is average and formulaic, but is still worth reading.Overall I enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to see where Dan travels from
Charles G. Tegan
May 12, 2018
Glenn E. Erb
Nov 26, 2017

• Lion (Will Slater #2)
  • The Chimera (Black Force Shorts #2)
  • Ciphers (King & Slater #3)
  • Bull (Will Slater #5)
  • The Victor (Black Force Shorts #1)
  • The Coast (Black Force Shorts #5)
  • Savages (The Jason King Files #3)
  • Wolf (Will Slater #1)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Lynx (Will Slater #4)
  • Warrior (The Jason King Files #2)
  • The Tribe (Black Force Shorts #3)
  • Hawk (Will Slater #6)
  • Jack Hunter: Origin Story (CIA Assassin Book 1)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Cartel (The Jason King Files #1)
  • Caged Animal (Noah Wolf #15)
  • Bear (Will Slater #3)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy #1)
  • Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)
  • The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)
  • Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy #6)
  • Scorpion Down (Dan Roy #7)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy #8)
  • Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy #9)