Start by marking “Taming the Lion (Shifter Wars #3)” as Want to Read:
Taming the Lion (Shifter Wars #3)

Taming the Lion

(Shifter Wars #3)

For Marco, heir to the lions' throne, seizing control of the Cave of Whispers from the bear clan is more than just a quest—it's fulfilling the legacy of his breed. But the latest crusade has left Marco gravely wounded in enemy territory and in the hands of Alicia, healer for the bears. An irresistibly sensuous adversary, Alicia presents a serious problem. She carries the s ...more
Published August 1st 2017 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Taming the Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming the Lion

Sissy's Romance Book Review
'TAMING THE LION' by Kerry Adrienne is book Three in the "Shifter Wars".  This is the story of Alicia and Marco.   I have not yet read the previous book but feel this can be a standalone book.

Alicia healer for the Bear shifters.  This book opens to the aftermath of a Bear and Lion fight/ war seen.  Alicia is going off to make sure that all the bears have been treated  and no one was left out injured somewhere.  While looking for hurt bear she runs in to Marco who is a Lion Shifter who is hurt an
Janet Robel
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! Ms. Adrienne writes the best shifter novels I've come across in quite some time. Plan on carving out some time to read this because you won't be able to put it down. Alicia is a strong protagonist who doesn't think twice for her own safety when it comes to helping others. She is also a bear shifter who is loyal to her clan. Marco is a sexy lion shifter so he and Alicia are sworn enemies. Theirs is a romance that develops throughout the book as we take this journey with them. I love t ...more
The Owlery (Elizabeth)
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was amazing!!! I had not read any Shifter Novels before picking up this series but I am not sure how any can beat Kerry Adrienne!! The romances are steamy and LOVED following Alicia's and Marco's story!! She finds him wounded after the battle of the bears and the lions and even though they are enemies she tries to heal him and he tries to protect her from his clan!

Marco had a bad rap in the first books in the Shifter War series and I was worried where this book would go with his story but
ErinMickC
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, paranormal, shifters
In the first two books of this series, Marco is the villain. Going into Taming the Lion I was sure he’d be unredeemable. I was wrong, Kerry Adrienne did a great job at making me want to like Marco. She wrote him at his absolute lowest point, hurt and dying, and then put Alicia straight on this path. He was so desperate that I couldn’t help wanting to see him get better in order to see how he’d save the entire shifter population of Deep Creek.

Although it was hard to not root for Alicia and Marco,
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01LLPI3VO
Reviewed For NetGalley and Carina Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Pack bonds are tested in the Shifter Wars as the lion heir must choose between his legacy and his mate

For Marco, heir to the lions' throne, seizing control of the Cave of Whispers f
Stacey
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Taming the Lion is the third book in the Shifter Wars series. I haven't read the previous books, and while I felt this works ok as a standalone, I did feel like I was missing some of what was going on from not having read the other books.

This book picks up after the bear clan was attacked by the lions. Bear healer Alicia goes out to check the surrounding lands to see if there were any injured bear shifters. Instead she finds Marco, heir to the lion throne, gravely injured. She feels she has no
Ginny Lurcock
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
While this is the third book in the series, it's the first one I picked up. It was easy to catch the thread of things, though. A battle had just happened where the lions attacked the bears to reclaim the magical land that the bears were inhabiting. Marco was previously an asshole in the universe, so I'm actually kind of glad that I didn't have that hanging over my head.

It was actually pretty entertaining story. Fast paced. Lots of conflict and things to overcome as our bear shifter female Alicia
Sarah McDerment
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars.

Taming the Lion is book 3 of this Shifter Wars series. I read this book as a standalone and managed to grasp the story easily, so this book does not need to be read in order.

The premise of this book intrigued me, I love forbidden romance so when I saw this one I thought it sounded right up my street. I did enjoy it, the story kept me entertained enough to read it the whole way through but there was a couple things that bothered me about it.

Kerry Adrienne has such a descriptive way of wr
Lynn Reynolds
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
As I start to read this tale, I can almost hear the characters talking in my head. It’s like a movie with sound but no picture. But it does leave me wishing there were pictures. I found it interesting how I’m reading a book where people are dealing with unrest when we are, in a way, going through the same thing.

Alicia is trying to do her job but you can almost feel the tension she’s letting off. Marco shows how stubborn the other side can be but we just have to be patient while their “walls” cru
Belinda
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Fast-paced woodland shifter romance! Get in the book and hold onto something... Wow! If you love fast-paced shifter romance, natural health, learning from your elders and follow the quest for world peace, you're gonna love Taming the Lion. This is definitely the Maserati of the three books thus far - and so's the sexy feline hero. The world, situations, and characters are so developed at this stage, Kerry Adrienne breaks free with faster pacing, more excitement, amazing plot twists and situation ...more
Katherine Yearwood
Shelves: paranormal
The shifter wars have come and gone. There were losses on both sides. Now it’s time for Alicia to do what she was meant to do. That of saving the wound. But, on her last outing, she came across her destiny.
Marco heir to the lions’ throne, was severally wounded and in the enemy territory. Expecting to die, until one bear shifter refused to let him do so.
Taming the Lion was everything I was expecting. The romance between Marco and Alicia developed throughout the story, so when they finally got to
Angela Cramer
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Although this is only the second Kerry Adrienne book I've read, it didn't take me long to fall back in love with with Deep Creek all over again.

This time Alicia is the focus. Healing bears from the latest battle with the lions. Never could she imagine she would come across such pain as she felt from Marco. Never would she imagine she would help, not only a lion, but heir to the throne.

In the amount of time afforded in the novella, Adrienne takes us on a wild ride as only she can of ma
Nikki Brooks
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alicia may be a bear shifter but her healer status trumps species and when she finds Marco suffering from horrific injuries, her Healer duties take priority and she hides him away to let him heal.

Marco can't believe that the little bear shifter is healing him. if her clan finds out she will be toast, especially as he is next in line to lead the Lions! They are both drawn to each other but this is Romeo and Juliet on steroids with claws! It's going to take otherworldly intervention from Shoshanna
Heather
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved! Ok, so before you read this book you must read the prior two. Not really a stand alone. This book takes place right after the battle for the Cave of Whispers. By this point in time I really really dislike Marco, but Alicia is a healer and must help him. When she finds him, he has been shot and is critical. She is drawn to him, and like any wounded animal Marco is a complete a$$ towards her.
I loved the interaction between these two and how Alicia gave attitude right back to Marco. I love
Samantha
This is the first in the series for me and I have to say I'm in love. Taming the lion is about Marco and Alicia and how eachnof their clan/prides and recovering from the aftermath of the lion attack on the bears for the Cave of Whispers.

Alicia is a healer and she will help anyone including the wounded lion she's found. Marco is now heir to the pride and getting wounded wasn't high on his list to do today but when the angel breaks through to his hiding spot he will have his whole life changed.

Th
Florence
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely incredible I could not put it down and read it from beginning to end..
The lion and bear rivalry comes to a head when the lions attack the bears.. So many lives lost but from tragedy can come awakening and new beginnings and hope for a new future for the shifters of Deep Creek if the can survive the threat that is coming.. Marco is injured badly during the attacks and Alicia finds him and her healers heart knows she needs to help her enemy but will she be able to save hi
Cindy Fong
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love does not discriminate.

Alicia is a bear healer. Marco is a lion leader. When fate brings them together, they must first accept what they are to each other in order to save the shifter of Deep Creek Alicia finds Marco injured after the battle between the bears and lions. Her code as healer did not allow her to leave another species to die and there was something about this particular lion that drew her to him. Risking everything, Alicia is compelled to help save the life of the Sen Pal heir
Amanda
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was alright. I finished it and really did like the concept. I have not read all the other's in this series but think this book is fine as a standalone. However, it would probably be better to read the first two books in the series.

The world building in this book didn't give me as much as I expected and parts of it just fell flat for me. I thought it was ok and not disappointed I read it but definitely not one I would reread. Considering whether to try the other stories.

I received an
Denise Van plew
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author knows how to satisfy my craving for paranormal with this series doing the job just fine. When things go to the left field you will be not going anywhere for a minute. Especially when we get to follow the tantalizing Marco and see how Alicia treats him. Your shown that even those that would be most unlikely to mesh actually can because the matters of the heart rule. the heat that sears in this one could also scorch anything not right. She will also draw several chuckles from ya thanks ...more
Dmcl
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The attack on the Cave of Whispers has taken a tremendous toll, and mountain lion Marco is near fatally wounded. Bear Healer and trained medic Alicia finds him and is compelled to obey her oath and help him. What follows is an excellent story that takes us deeper into the Deep River world and puts Marco and Alicia along with his twin Mason firmly in the middle of a greater threat to the entire shifter community - lions, bears and wolves. Will they be able to unite the Shifters against this commo ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taming The Lion

Taming the Lion by Kerry Adrienne is truly about how two cultures can be so different and yet so alike. The bears have been fighting the lions for so long and out of that fighting Alicia finds Marco. As Alicia heals Marco he begins to realize thst the bears are not that much different from his own clan and that famiky and love is the most important. Adrienne writes with such strength and character that you cannot put these books down.
Monica
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the bad guy needs a 2nd, 3rd, or 50th chance. I do love when bad guys turn good. Kerry Adrienne did a fab job turning someone nonredeemable into someone who is. Sometimes when you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up and thats what happened with Marco. Alicia being a healer when she stumbled onto Marco...its just not in her to walk away from someone so injured. This was just going from the get go and I enjoyed it more than book 2 which was a little slow for me. Good job!
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Well written and continuing the story of Deep Creek Nation Park, it is a fight from the beginning not just between shifters but to accept someone as they are and not what you think is acceptable, loved the meaning that I got from this book but then everyone always gets a different lesson from each book they read. Instead of reading this book is so well written that the words form pictures in your head till you feel like your part of the book and watching it happen
Stacy Ross
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love really does conquer all

Another great book. Can the bears and lions really work as one after all that has happened ?
Will Mason ever experience the visions Marco did?
I can't wait to read the next book to find out what they will be fighting.

Alicia risks everything to save a lion, the enemy.
Nikki Bao
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marco didn't think his life would end up this way. Gravely injured in bear territory. Suddenly an angel with red hair appears. Unfortunately, she's a bear. Alicia is unsure what to do with the lion she found. She hates them but was taught that all life is precious. How are two enemy shifters supposed to deal with the fact that they are mates?
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Taming the Lion

This has been my favorite one so far from the series! I loved the danger and risk in this one. I’ve always been a fan of enemies to lovers trope. I liked the characters but would’ve loved to learn more about them. Overall though I enjoyed the story and like where things are headed for the series.
Kimberley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alicia was the bears healer and after the attack she was searching for injured bears. Going off on her own was not the smartest thing but she ran across Marco a lion while out. He had been shot while trying to attack the bears. Now the hard decisions how to get him healed and where to take him the hardest decisions are yet to come. I love this series
Jill
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marco was the bad guy in the first two books and this is his book. I wasn't sure if he could be redeemed but I loved his book. The war has happened and now there are wounded and casualties on both sides. Alicia is a healer for the bears but she may be over her head with this alpha lion. Loved this book and hope there are more to come!!!
Lori Hammons
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's devastating to both sides when the lions attack the bears. Alicia and Marco's love develops out of the battle as she gives up something precious to save his life. The writing of this author continues to keep me enthralled and I can't put her books down till they are done!
Ronald Andrzejewski
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very well written and I love the way the series is taking shape. The main characters are well thought out and never a disappointed character. Easy read.
USA Today bestselling author, repped by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency. Believer in human rights. Love my kids, my cats, and music.

Shifter Wars (4 books)
  • Waking the Bear (Shifter Wars, #1)
  • Pursuing the Bear (Shifter Wars #2)
  • Claiming His Lioness (Shifter Wars, #4)