Start by marking “In this Breeze (Lake Shore University, #1)” as Want to Read:
In this Breeze (Lake Shore University, #1)

In this Breeze (Lake Shore University #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
A nerd. A quiet art student. A nobody.

Or perhaps, just some girl.

These are the non-spoken titles I've been known as since I started at Lake Shore Uni almost two years ago now. When given the chance to leave my horrific childhood behind - I didn’t hesitate. In fact, I was ecstatic to have the door hit me on the ass on my way out of town; because the only two things I actu
Paperback
Published August 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about In this Breeze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In this Breeze

Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

After reading the Cut series by Kathleen Maree, I thought that I would know what to expect when I began In The Breeze but I soon found that it was completely different but equally addicting as her first series! Kathleen has us tumbling into love with three very different characters whose hearts are etched with each others names and they are forever intertwined. It wasn't long and I was on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, and gnashing my tee
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this Breeze is the story of three best friends, which turns into a love triangle. Ethan is the campus star basketball player, Jase is the hot bad boy, and Bree is the nerdy art student, who has a big choice to make. And that's all that I'm giving up, because frankly, I'm still jacked up so I don't want to give anything away in a rant. It's an off the charts angst filled journey, especially with the serious past demons that they are fighting, and I'm still feeling the effects. Ethan is so perf ...more
Romance Between The Sheets
In this Breeze is a college romance that involves three friends and lots of drama.  This is a new author for me and I enjoyed the story although some of the drama within the friendship triangle did wear me down.

At times I found myself quite angry with Bree and her inability to make decisions however she is only young and hindsight is a great thing.  Ethan immediately had my heart, he was such a good friend to Bree and he is genuinely in love with this girl.  The way Ethan cares for her and is so
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Sit back eat a Reese and decide if you are going to pick Ethan (Eth) or Jase?? Breezy I sure hope you know where your heart is going cause right now mine is torn between both boys. Do you pick safe or what your heart yearns for since you were a little kid? That is a tough one and I hope my heart doesn't get broken or one of those boys cause it's almost like the trio should stay together and move onto the next level.
Bree had a horrible childhood and both these boys have protected her since she w
I Dont Get Sundays
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
When your heart belongs to two men, how do you choose? You follow your heart right? Wouldn't that be simple enough. Well life for Bre just isn't that simple. Growing up with a not so good dad and not having a lot of life's luxuries makes you hang on to those closest to your heart. She has hung onto Jase and Ethan since they were kids.

Now entering their twenties and trying to figure out life, Bre is very confused about the actions that come from both of these men in her life. Jase has returned a
Tiffany Readz
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Not What I Expected

From the blurb, I was ready to read a gritty tale of three friends and what they had to do to survive. What I got, was good story line that needed more umph, to match up with what it sounded like it should have been.

Brianna, Ethan and Jase have been friends since they were kids and after a traumatic event in Breanna's life, that Jase was a participant in, they started to drift apart. Ethan became the "good one" while Jase learned to live as the "bad one."

Our little Brianna was
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
omg killed me now. can I have bk 2 like now. This book had my emotions going every which way, just when I thought it was going one way bam it changed. every page had me wanting more. Jase, Ethan and Breanna are amazing. Ethan and Jase saved Breanna, they've always been close but when she needed them the most they were there and Jase has no regrets he would do it all again but his life isn't one he wants for his Breezy, she deserves more, like what Ethan can give her, he's always loved Bree but b ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
In this Breeze was an exceptionally well written book that grabbed my attention right from the beginning of the story. Kathleen Mare did an amazing job with writing this book. The emotions I went through from laughing to crying; it was certainly a wild roller-coaster ride. The friendship between these three friends was great to experience from childhood to adulthood.

I loved the way that Ethan and Jase were always there for Breanna "Bree". She always had a rough life from a early age until she l
Sheena
Absorbing love triangle…

Three childhood friends bound through loyalty and love..this is a wonderfully told bittersweet and powerful young adult love triangle… this is the type of the story that has to be read not described so my review will be correspondingly brief…

The complexity of the characters and their relationships with each other is absorbing …. Bree, who tells the story from her perspective, is a fragile young woman…. the product of a traumatic childhood; Ethan and Jace are complicated
2kasmom
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college, basketball
Breanna is best friends with Ethan and Jason. Though to her, they are just Eth and Jase. She tends to have all sorts of nicknames they come up with. Bree and Breezy as the most common. She doesn't really care. She is just glad to have such good friends.

Eth has been in love with Bree and does not know how to tell her. They do everything together. He cannot imagine a world without her in it.

Jase lives a much harder life. Things do not always go his way. He is afraid of the danger his life could b
Traci
Shelves: new-adult

description

Link to Review: https://wp.me/p7bgOg-AU

Received and ARC from author in exchange for an honest review.

One girl, two boys, unconditional love. One she can’t live without the other her heart can’t beat without.

Breanna (a.k.a. Bree and Breezy are nicknames for her) has grown up with her two best friends for years. Ethan (Eth) and Jason (Jase) are her world. They are the two people who protect her from everything and anything. Bree is shy and keeps to herself. She hides in her art and under the ar
Lisa I
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this book and I have to say it did not disappoint!! In this Breeze is the first book in Kathleen Maree's new Lake Shore University Series following the lives of three childhood friends Bree, Ethan and Jase. I was pulled into they story instantly and my emotions are all over the place. One minute I would be feeling, thinking and wanting one thing and the next I would be pushed in a different direction for what I felt for the characters.

Bree had a
United Indie Book Blog
Bree , Ethan and Jade are friends that had 1 thing in common , their childhood memories aren't of the best and on different levels but they had each other ❤

Life changes and Bree along with Ethan are off at University. It's like they're Beauty and the Beast , she's the nerd and he's the jock , I think you get the picture?!
I just adore Ethan and think he's the bees knees 🐝💓😉

I loved Bree !!! Her personality is awesome and I could so identify with her artsy fartsy boomworm nature ❤📚 our only differ
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Shelves: arc

4.5 Stars!

It's been a while since I've read a love triangle and In This Breeze has reminded me how much I love them! I love the feeling I get when I read about two opposite guys. I just don't know who I love more when it comes to Ethan and Jase. I just want both! Ethan, Jase, and Breanna all grew up as best friends. Breanna was one lucky girl to have both guys looking out for her. Ethan is the golden boy that girls dream about and Jase is the bad boy that every girl wants to take out for a ride!
Kitty
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review:
This is the second book Ive read by Kathleen Maree and what I will say is, Wow!
This is the second time I got lost in the characters, in Bree's world and felt every-single-thing. If you have read KM's work then you will know how her characters are so well-developed. It's extraordinary, but you really find it hard not to get invested in them, in fact, just try. Even if you don't agree with certain decisions, the characters she creates ARE real, which means the
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this one. Kathleen Mareé is a new to me author but when I read the blurb I knew I had to read this book. Bree has two best friends, Ethan and Jase. Lately, Jase has been not so present in Bree and Ethan's lives. Bree is a quiet girl and keeps to her self. She's a little naive and sometimes seems younger than her age but I still loved her. Ethan is a jock. Everyone on campus knows him. He is super protective of Bree. Jase is the bad boy. He was a little bit of a mystery. The ...more
Mariah
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m honestly torn on this one because I wanted to rate it 5 stars. I feel so many aspects of this book were done so well. The mystery and the build up surrounding Bree, Jase, and Ethan. The development of the characters was top notch. The problem is that I just don’t know if I liked Bree’s absolute naivety. I feel so much more was put into outside details rather than the relationship between Jase and Bree. Mostly, I feel like Bree lived in denial regarding Jase and Ethan.

Because I’m torn on this
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This will be a pretty vague review in some ways because I don't want to spoil anything for people. Bree, Ethan and Jase grew up together through some tough childhoods- all in different ways. But they have grown apart since Bree and Ethan went to university. When Jase reappears everything changes in Bree's life and will make her examine her relationship with both guys. I admit I love the early scenes with Eth and Bree. Movie nights are so sweet. It takes much longer to accept Jase since he keeps ...more
Patricia Johnson
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC for an honesty reply.
This story is not like other college romances. Its not fluffy. Its not light and easy. And its not all about the hot jock who the girl simply must have.
Its emotional. Its honest. The characters have depth.
And its more.
So much more.
Not usually one for love triangles, but I couldn't even say this was a true triangle, because their motives are all different and all the same. Breezy just wants her life to be the way its always been and that's having both of bestfri
Sarah O'Brien
Lost in the Breeze
Lake Shore Uni #1

Like all of Kathleen's books this one grabbed me straight away. I love a College setting. Add in a troubled main character Bree, her amazing best friend Ethan and her other hottie, mysterious best friend Jase and I had a book I could not put down. Normally when there is a female main character with 2 guys it is easy for me to pick my fave main guy. Not with this one. For the life of me, I could not pick who my book boyfriend was going to be. So I chose BOTH.
B
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series from this author, and what a gripping story it is! Breanna, Ethan and Jason have been best friends forever, and due to having a traumatic childhood, the two boys have protected her from everything. Breanna is a shy introvert, where Ethan and Jason are extrovert. All of the characters are complicated, and Breanna is confused and trying to sort out her feelings and life. No spoilers; this is a must read!
This is an emotional and bittersweet love triangle, whic
Natasha
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4* read.
The first book in this new series and my first book by this author and it was a great book to start with.
I'm going to keep my review short and sweet so as not to give anything away. It is a really deep story of young love mixed up with drama, angst and consequences. It isn't like your normal college romance type read and I did like that new fresh take on a college romance even if it wasn't what I'd usually go for.
I really enjoyed the story, there was a few parts which were less believabl
Joanna Saunders
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant writing once again from Kathleen Maree!
Super easy to read, and also as easy to get addicted to and fall in love with the characters.
I loved the character development and the time Kathleen Maree put into building the characters. I think this plays a big part in why I was so invested in this book and the outcome for the characters! I found myself feeling the struggle along with Bree, the lead female character, of the choices she had before her.
Loved the chemistry between characters!!
Kelly
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won't be continuing the series

The main character Is my least favorite type. She is extremely weak and needy and cannot take care of herself.
Kylie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! So easy to read, and now I can't wait for the next one!
Kimberly
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ohhh-na-romance
This was my first book from this awesome author. OMG this book y'all. Please do yourself a favor and read it. I loved everything about it, except one thing, and it's really more of a pet peeve than anything written. I love authors from other countries, but if you are going to place your book in America, I think you should not use terms in your own country that we don't understand. Other than that, this book was everything. It has such drama, love, angst, and gritty realness, I couldn't put it do ...more
Heidi Sturgess
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2017
I received a copy of this book from United Indie Book Blog. I read and reviewed this book voluntarily. This is my honest review.

Bree , Ethan and Jade are friends that had 1 thing in common , their childhood memories aren't  of the best and on different levels but they had each other ❤

Life changes and Bree along with Ethan are off at University.  It's like they're Beauty and the Beast , she's the nerd and he's the jock  , I think you get the picture?!

I just adore Ethan and think he's the bees k
Catherine
Sep 20, 2017
Helina Harro
Jun 30, 2018
Dany Mü
Aug 27, 2017
Kathleen grew up in the south-western suburbs of Sydney, where family holidays by the beach and tormenting her two younger brothers, was how she spent her early years. But at the young age of 11, when she submitted a short story to a talented writing competition through the NSW schools program, not only did she win it, but she quickly found a love for it as well.

Throughout her schooling, writing w
More about Kathleen Mareé

Lake Shore University (2 books)
  • Midnight Rain (Lake Shore University, #2)