Start by marking “Christmas at the Lake (Great Escapes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Lake (Great Escapes, #2)

Christmas at the Lake

(Great Escapes #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  109 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Sometimes love gets forgotten …

Hugely successful Lexi Stuart is used to guys pursuing her, but for all the wrong reasons. Sure, she’s beautiful and rich, but the men in her life never seem to want anything more serious than just sex. It’s a stark reality she’s become used to.

Published September 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Lake

really liked it 4.00  ·

☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was a nice holiday read. I was happy that Lexi was finally able to find a man that liked her for her. Since her money always attracted the wrong people. I was happy that her and Adam got their HEA in the end. He was such a nice guy and I'm glad that their families got along too.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Not having read other books by the author before, I was really intrigued by the synopsis and the cover! Right away we get to meet Lexi Stuart, after multiple fail attempts at finding love, she is quickly losing hope of ever finding Mr. Right. All of those that have shown interest in her are after her money and she is tired of being used. So when it comes time for her to meet the rest of her family at a retreat in Lake Tahoe, Lexi is ready
Book Reading Gals
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Christmas At The Lake

Series: Great Escapes Book #2
Author: Charlotte Blake

Genre: Romance, Holiday

Blurb: Sometimes love gets forgotten …

As a code writer in Silicon Vally, Adam Hunt doesn’t have to worry about money. And as a heartthrob in general, he
Tracey-J
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This was a nice little Christmas love story, I kinda wish that I’d been able to read it closer to Christmas but I enjoyed it non the less.

Lexi has all but given up on finding love until she meets Adam over a Christmas break at Lake Tahoe.
This book is told in the 3rd person, the writing flowed nicely I was able to picture the beautiful snowiness of Lake Tahoe and I’ve never even been there.

I enjoyed the relationship between Lexi
Penny  Mooney
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book about people finding themselves and learning to love. Lexi had reserved rooms at Black Bear Lodge by a lake. for Christmas. Adam was staying there with his family. The pass was closed behind Lexi leaving most of their family caught for a few days. Lexi and Adam had a chemistry between them. This book contains insecurities, demons from the past, sexy scenes, jealousy, lust, determination, and love. Can Lexi leave the past and her insecurities behind her? Will Adam still want to see L ...more
Cindy Hardegree
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas at the Lake is a book you';ll want to cuddle up with when the weather gets chilly, it will definitely warm you up, could even inspire you like it does me about the thought of skiing. Good story-line, flowing smoothly with the great buildup of anticipation. Great characters with flaws only love could diminish and sizzling attraction. Sexy, raw, emotional, a read I really couldn't put down until I finished the last page. .
I received this as an arc and am voluntarily submitting my review.
Carole Mckee
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Story

Lexi has everything. Money--lots of it--beauty, a healthy career, and confidence. So why is her confidence suffering when she meets Adam? He's good-looking, financially secure, kind, and athletic. The complete package. It all starts at a resort in Lake Tahoe, and with a family Christmas. Great story. I couldn't put it down. Loved it.
Belinda
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written story about Lexi, an accomplished woman with money who seems only to attract men who want her for her money or sex. She meets Adam at a resort she is staying at with family for Christmas. He wants just Lexi. Lots of action and self examination. The characters are well developed. Highly recommended.
Laurie Bailey
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Determination!

You go Lexi! Ms. Blake has some of us pegged with this story. At least she has the sense to realize that there is that "put off everything else to accomplish goals" in those that truly understand this story. Thank you Charlotte.
Cherye Elliott
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #2

Was there a lake?
Doesn't matter. I like the whole concept of the book. Money, job, things, are great.....they can buy you tons of stuff. Without fun, happiness, friends and love might as be the old Lexington.
A. Hart
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this Christmas story. Super good read for curling up with a cup of tea.
Starr
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
SouthernAngel
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, heartwarming read to get you in the festive spirit.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Grandmaking553
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable

Very enjoyable, lots of romance, action and mystery. Great topic to write about, first book I have read by Charlotte Blake VERY GOOD
Jessica
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this book. Loved the characters and really felt like the story was well written.
Ann (Fanni Ann)
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A new author to me, once I got into the style of writing I was interested enough to want to know the outcome of what happens between Lexi and Adam

I received an ARC and voluntarily leave my opinion
Carol Sandford
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smashing

Loved this storyline, and I definitely would love to visit bear lodge. What a magical setting. Smashing Christmas story all round
June Faulkner
Oct 23, 2018
Pamela J. Greb
Apr 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Love's Journey Home (Lincoln Love Stories #2)
  • Moondance
  • The Billionaire's Stray Heart (Burke Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Illegally Wedded (Legally in Love, #6)
  • Deal with the Dragon (Immortals Ever After #1)
  • Empty Threat (The Black Pages, #1)
  • Raven's Rise (World on Fire #3)
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit
  • Jessica & James  (A Snow Valley Collection)
  • Rhapsody and Rebellion (Enduring Legacy #7)
  • Arizona Forever: A love story
  • The Rancher's Temporary Engagement (Sheridan Sweethearts #1)
  • Alaskan Hideaway (Northern Lights, #3)
  • Nice and Naughty (The Reverse Harem Diaries Book 5)
  • The Knowing (The Knowing #1)
  • Against the Magic (Twickenham Time Travel Romance)
  • A Buss from Lafayette
I am happy to call the San Francisco Bay Area home, where I lives with my husband, two kids, one dog and three cats. I started writing at an early age, but have only been writing novels for the past five years. I love the idea of love conquering all, and that is what drove me to begin the Great Escapes series, where the reader follows couples meeting up in exotic locations around the world. In thi ...more

Great Escapes (3 books)
  • Falling For You (Great Escapes Book 1)
  • Between Friends (Great Escapes, #3)