Start by marking “There Is No Dragon In This Story” as Want to Read:
There Is No Dragon In This Story

There Is No Dragon In This Story

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Poor old dragon. Nobody wants him in their story. Not Goldilocks, not Hansel and Gretel - no one. But Dragon will not give up! He shall continue on his course of finding someone who wants him in their story. ANYONE. His boundless enthusiasm surely won't get him into any trouble. Surely ...

A glorious story about dragons, heroes and ice cream with sprinkles. From author Lou
Published July 13th 2017 by Bloomsbury

To ask other readers questions about There Is No Dragon In This Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Is No Dragon In This Story

Anniken Haga
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Oh my dawg, this book!
It has everything I like.
Dragons. Nice drawings. Adventure. Action.
On top of that, it was just so cute!
I couldn't help but smile a small, sad smile almost throughout the whole thing!
Poor Dragon.

I also really liked the subtext in this book, and will recommend it to everyone with a kid, as well as for a few adults.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor dragon is sick of being the villain, he wants to be the hero, so he decides to find a new story to be in, one where he can be the hero for once.

A fun story with plenty of humour and many characters children will recognise from fairy tales.
Christina Reid
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brilliant! Dragon decides he is tired of being the villain and he doesn't feel like capturing any princesses or being defeated by any knights. So, of he goes to search for another story to be in. The Gingerbread Man doesn't want him, Little Red Riding Hood doesn't want him - everyone keeps telling him that there is no dragon in their story.
Will he ever find a story where he can be the hero?
This would be a wonderful read-aloud for children aged 5+ who are already familiar with all the traditional
Rafaela
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tão tão tão fofo!!

EDIÇÃO PT:
Não Há Dragões Nesta História!
Autor: Lou Carter
Editora: Minutos de Leitura
ISBN: 9789727932085
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Bloomsbury Australia for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Dragon is sick of being the villain all the time and just wants to be the hero in the story - any story! After he exhausts all his options, an errant sneeze causes the residents of the fairytale kingdom to beg the dragon to join in the story and save the day!

What a fun romp, and with such a sympathetically drawn protagonist, too! Poor old dragon is always the villain and he's now fed up with having to fight
Hannah
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1000-books
We all want a change from the every day and expected. To branch out and try something new, to break our fated mold and challenge a long held trope or stereotype.

Well, this is exactly what Dragon tries to do. Sick of being slayed by the knight after trying to capture the princess, Dragon goes in search of a place in other stories - however he soon discovers that there's no place for him in Pinocchio, Goldilocks or many of the other traditional tales he knows.

But, when disaster strikes, and the gi
Helen
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the playful intertextuality in this. The gingerbread man, Pinocchio, Goldilocks, Cinderella, the three pigs, the frog prince, Hansel and Gretel, Jack and the beanstalk, Peter and the wolf, the frog prince and the three billy goats gruff all make an appearance. I liked the absurdity of the ‘hero’ creating the problem in the first place, I liked that the dragon is holding the storybook as you read it, and I liked the false ending. Overall, it’s just a fun and playful book with lots to see ...more
Ana
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
One day, the local resident dragon decides to walk off his post.
He no longer wants to "capture any icky, frilly princesses".
Instead he wants to be the hero of his own story.

So he goes wondering, trying to find a place that he'll fit in.

But all the other stories already have heroes. No one needs him anywhere.

Until he meets a certain giant...

Fun alternative story about a very unusual dragon featuring a lot of childhood favorites like Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs.
Lisa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, love dragons. A dragon who is tired of the typical dragon story quits and decides to join another story. With everyone saying that their story has no dragon in it, where does he go? What happens will make you giggle and enjoy yourself. This is a great book to do for a storytime and a craft. SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Benjamin Smith
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragon wants to be the hero, not the villain, and thus begins his journey into other fairy tales, but none of them want a dragon in their story. He accidentally disturbs one story, which leads to a catastrophe for all, can he be the hero they need?

Love this story, and the varying illustration types. A new favourite? Maybe.
Katie-Marie Armstrong
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book for KS1 children who are becoming more confident readers. The connections between a variety of popular fairy-tales opens up a window of opportunities for discussion about the authors depiction of the dragon's role in these stories.
The English Bookshop at Cook & Book
Poor dragon doesn't want to be the bad guy any more, but nobody wants him to be part of the story... A fun and clever way to talk about being different, and the search of belonging. This is a delight.
Anna
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children, French teachers, Parents and Caregivers
A wonderful, funny story for young readers! I bought this book to use as a Primary French teacher, and wow! Beautiful illustrations and a unique story. I recommend this book to any parent or teacher hoping to introduce a new French picture book :)
Nella
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Theme has been done before; great addition to fractured fairy tale stories
Lolly Meekings