Start by marking “The White Raven” as Want to Read:
The White Raven

The White Raven

This is a new cover edition for ASIN B06XK439B4.

In her thirteenth life, Aven has settled into the now witchcraft-friendly Salem where she has found true happiness and friendship, maybe even love. Despite her contentment, the truth of Aven's existence haunts her. When she dies, her Spirit is forced from the Veil to live again in the body of a stranger.

Does the elusive
Kindle Edition
Published June 2017 by FiveFold Press (first published April 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The White Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The White Raven

Start your review of The White Raven
Mischenko
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
See my interview with the author and my full review @ https://readrantrockandroll.com/2017/...

Aven is living the happiest life she’s ever had, and she’s had twelve others before. She lives with memories from her past lives and unfortunately her deaths too, including the remembrance of her murderer-Morris Stiles.

“This is the happiest I’ve ever been. I have been through so much pain and suffering in my previous lives, but here I feel like I’ve finally found a place where I belong and can thrive.
Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger)
This well-written and fast-paced story of witchcraft is filled with great characters, awesome magic, humor, romance, and lots of intense emotional action.

I really like Aven, the main character in this story. Her friends are more like family and her animal friends are extra special. I'm very happy for the wonderful romance she found with Cal. I'm also saddened about a devastating loss and about all the terrible pain and loss Aven has suffered throughout each of her lives. I believe there is more
Carrie D. Miller
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
POSTING ON BEHALF OF Romuald Dzemo from Readers' Favorite (with permission).

I enjoy books with bold plots and quirky perspectives and The White Raven by Carrie D. Miller offered more than that. In some strange way, the author had me thinking about Sita, the lead character in Christopher Pike’s Thirst. Aven is living her thirteenth life, and she isn’t sure how many more lives she will have to live. It could have been easier for her to keep on living one life after another, except that her past
On My Kindle BR
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book with the option of leaving an honest review.

The White Raven is an amazing story of love, friendship, magic, and the price of magic!

Aven is an atypical protagonist and I instantly liked her. She has led several rough lives and has used her magic to harm in self-defense or to mete out justice to those who have harmed her. In other words, Miller created a realistic character whose use of magic rings true to how an average person would react to the challenges Aven
Zahra Hudelot
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The White Raven is such a wonderful debut novel. It's an excellent escape into fantasy. The characters are whole and lovable. The story continues to evolve throughout while maintaining a pace that is exciting without being too hectic. It's witchy, fun, exciting, and well-considered. It is certainly hard to put down, and I am happy to recommend it.
Evan Fort
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book - once I started, it was really hard to stop. I loved the characters and how they interact with each other. Cannot wait to read the sequel!
Ron Trumbla
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carrie Miller’s debut novel The White Raven is truly a magickal experience and journey. It is rare for a book to bring to me tears, but several times while reading, tears fell. The characters are full of heart, well rounded and feel like you have known them for years. They truly come alive in the book as I accompanied them through the adventures. It was a struggle to set the book down when real life was calling and I was sad when I finished the book wanting to continue the journey a little bit ...more
Natalie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? So I've always had a soft spot for books featuring witches, especially if they're in a contemporary setting, all stemming from my love of Cate Tiernan's Sweep series as a teenager. However, there actually isn't a huge selection in this category. Lots feature witches in entirely fictional settings, or are high fantasy, or are set in the past or alternate history, or are YA (not that I don't like it, just sometimes want something with adults) but not a ton in the modern day.

Marion Hill
I never thought I would like reading a book about witches. Well, that’s the power of reading. You can end up liking something unexpected.

The White Raven by Carrie D. Miller is the story of Aven Dovenelle. Finally in her thirteenth life, she has found stability and happiness in the now witchcraft-friendly Salem, Massachusetts, where she has opened her own shop. But something threatens Aven’s stability and happiness by the presence of a dark magic connected to one of her past lives and a elusive
Beth
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The is not my normal genre to check out, but I love jumping out of the normal run of the mill, that normalcy box, easy to see the ending kind of reads. I tend to read mysteries ... but lately I've been reading lots of those Alpha male reads ...after a while ... it fun for me to check out new and totally different genres to break that mind and try something new ...if you are like me, you might enjoy ... Carrie did contact me for an honest review and thoughts ... In this book you will be ...more
Jenny, The Distracted Bee
(4.5 stars)

Carrie D. Miller weaves a lovely tale of fantasy and the violent power of hatred.

She has a great flow to her writing, and I’m feeling just shy of “5 stars” because I felt a tad jolted out of that flow with a few scenes towards the end. Basically when she changed from Aven’s POV to those of very minor characters.

I’m usually not a Wiccan-fantasy type of gal, but Miller draws you into Aven’s world quite easily, and leaves you feeling pleasantly full. I think there’s room for more from
Christina
When reading this book, I found myself transported. The world that Ms. Miller has built her story into brings you into a new world. This book is an amazing mix of all my favorite things, Magic, romance, mystery, and twists! I would say this book is a great read for the adult that longed to go off to a magical school as a child. Or watched three sisters on tv, do magical things. I have read this book 5 times now and each time I find something new that is my favorite part!

Very beautifully written
Debbie
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story featuring a witty, likable cast of strong women, magic, love, furred and feathered animal companions and lots of unexpected plot twists...
Treat yourself to a great escape. Looking forward to her next book and more of Aven!
ginger rodriguez
Amazing!

My first time reading something of this genre in first person, and I loved it. I loved the balance of characters, flashbacks, mythical aspects, and reality. So well written, and easy to delve into! Can't wait to read more!!
Ruth Phillips
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Could not put the book down for very long. Just had to keep reading, and now hoping that there is going to be another book. Great story, wonderful characters!
Sue Mydliak
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are really into Witch stories...get this one. It's also AWESOME! Another hard to put down book.
Kristi Howard
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

This book was fun and exciting to read. I loved the characters. Makes me wish I could wield a little witchcraft myself. I will definitely look for other books by this author.
Shonola Box
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before I even begin with my review of The White Raven I must admit to being very excited to read it (little kid at Christmas kind of excited) as this book follows a similar genre to one of my all-time favourite books! As soon as I started to read The White Raven, I couldn’t put it down. It captivated me right from the beginning (as if by magic) and all the way through I couldn’t stop smiling as I went on this amazing journey Carrie D. Miller provided!

Now, on with the review…

Firstly, we follow
Jewel Hart
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A magical, mysterious and suspenseful tale that takes readers on a journey unlike any other.

Aven Dovenelle is a beautiful, witty and spirited witch who has lived thirteen lives and suffered many deaths. Having found her home in modern day Salem, Massachusetts, she lives a contented life. Her best friend, Josephine Riddle (also a witch) and her daughter Sylvia, are always by her side and she is now ready to open a quaint magic shop selling her concoctions and charms. Many of the witches in Salem,
L. S.
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The White Raven gave me literal chills. Not just once or twice, either. Several times.

How many more lives must Aven live through? She's on lucky number thirteen now. So lucky, in fact, that she settled in modern-day Salem, touting witchcraft freely. A fitting location for the mysteries of Aven's past lives to haunt her. And everything was off to a great start, too.

I could honestly go on about this plot for days, it was that good. The thematic continuity was crafted so well. Not only did the
Amy Margulies
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel guilty. Why? I started reading The White Raven yesterday morning and finished it this evening. I admit I didn't do much else with my time and read every single word carefully but it is a reasonably long book and it would have taken Carrie Miller a really long time to write such an amazing novel and I greedily ate it all up in one weekend. Oh well, I will have to forgive myself for that.

Speaking of forgiveness, the author brings the reader so many opportunities to experience essential
Esther Rabbit
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very satisfying story to read. It had been sitting on my kindle for a while, and when I finally got to it, I couldn't put it down because it has all the ingredients for an enjoyable ride: magic, adventure, romance and friendship, all wrapped up into an epic story.
The novel has huge potential for a sequel, and I'd gladly encourage it because Aven is a kickass heroine with plenty of stories to tell.

Dyane Harwood
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many wonderful reviews of this book and that's exactly how it should be. I'll keep my review short-but-sweet. This was a wonderful book and the storyline kept surprising me in terms of originality. I'm a major fan of superbly written witch-themed novels and "The White Raven" definitely rises to the top! Now I'm just crossing my fingers and toes that Carrie D. Miller might write a sequel or another witch-themed novel!!! All in all, a fantastic read.
Alicia Murphy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book.. now one of my all time favorites. It is the story of a witch that is cursed to reincarnate every time she dies. From 12th century to the present she has lived 12 harrowing lives. The story is mostly of her current life, with love, happiness, diabolical acts, revenge and an ending that is heart warming, utter devastation, and a plot twist I didn't even expect!!
Mary
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

Interesting read, the story was sweet and touching. One that I'll read again in the future just to see what I've missed in the first reading. I enjoyed the fantasy of it and the reality of the characters within the bonds of friendship.
Hollie Mansfield
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Authorial Debut
What an emotional roller coaster! I laughed, I cried, I got angry and I cheered! I thought it was a good mix of action, emotional bonding between characters, vivid imagery and good character development. I can't wait for the sequel!
Rachael
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was addicted to this book instantly and refused to put it down. The story is beautiful. I absolutely adore Aven and Jo, their friendship warms my heart. Is it possible with the epilogue ending that a sequel could happen? Definitely in my top 3 books I've read this year!!
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! A treasured favorite. I feel like Aven is a friend forever You have to read this - It's an adventure you won't forget! ...more
ALISON A O BRIEN
Great story!

I read this book in one sitting. The story draws you in. The characters are interesting and the magic is out of this world!
Cheryl Sterling
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining with solid, believable characters.

• The Memory Painter
  • The Witches Walk (Haven Harbor Book 1: The Witches of Haven Harbor)
  • The Fortune Teller
  • Secrets of the Chocolate House (Found Things #2)
  • The Witches of BlackBrook (Witches of BlackBrook #1)
  • The Time Collector
  • Legacy of Magick (Legacy of Magick, #1)
  • A Secret History of Witches
  • The Witch's Kind
  • The Library of the Unwritten (Hell's Library #1)
  • Maul: Lockdown
  • Bloodtree River
  • The Deep
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
  • The Sparrow Sisters
  • World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects: Part I
  • The Rosetta Man
  • Gorillas in the Mist
Carrie D. Miller was born in Kansas on October 31. She credits her vivid imagination, as well as her sugar addiction, to being a Halloween baby. In a former life, she was an executive in the software industry for many years. Her career in the technology world included software product management, website design, training, and technical writing just to name a few. Although Carrie’s written a great ...more