Start by marking “Dating You, Hating You” as Want to Read:
Dating You, Hating You

Dating You, Hating You

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  11,966 ratings  ·  1,855 reviews
All’s fair in love and work. The first standalone romance by New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Christina Lauren (Beautiful Bastard) is a sexy, compulsively readable romantic comedy that dives headlong into the thrill and doubt of modern love.

Despite the odds against them from an embarrassing meet-awkward at a mutual friend’s Halloween party, Carter and
Published June 6th 2017 by Piatkus

To ask other readers questions about Dating You, Hating You, please sign up.
Kelly Ballenger I would have to say this is a very tame book compared to the BB series. I have not read the Wild Nights series yet.

·  11,966 ratings  ·  1,855 reviews

Melissa
*4.5 stars*

At the moment, I find myself on what I’m dubbing a Christina Lauren bender. Four books in as many weeks qualify for this finicky reader—one driven by mood and prone to bouts of boredom, staved off only with a flux of genres. Turning the last page of one book and wanting to instantaneously reach for another—written by the same author(s)—is a rare occurrence for me. Like spotting a unicorn rare. It’s actually taken a bit of willpower on my part to pace the binge sessions. Putting off th
jessica
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the fact that this has been compared to ‘the hating game’ means that my expectations were probably a little too high… but christina lauren have written some of my favourite contemporary romance novels, so i felt my expectations were justified. however, some of their usual swoon-worthy touch seemed to be missing in this book.

the most noticeable difference was this story hardly focused on the relationship between the two main characters, meaning there definitely was not enough interaction between
Christy
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

photo 19059905_10103882866965348_4760445361041642440_n_zpsqrkydjrs.jpg

Dating You/Hating You was so much fun to read. If you are a fan of books that make you laugh out loud and the enemies to lovers troupe, this is a must read!

What I really loved, is that it didn’t start out as an enemies to lovers story. Carter and Evie were set up by their mutual friends (who were a hoot!) and really hit it off. It seemed like there would be a few dates and maybe even a relationship in their future. Then the merger happened. Both of them are married to their job and whe
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳Another master piece is coming out way ladies and gents...

➳ARC kindly provided by publisher, in exchange for an honest review...

➳Pre-Order Link:
Amazon

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Pouting Always
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Evie's friend sets her up with Carter, at a Halloween party, Evie is initially embarrassed but can't help but admit that they've hit it off. Though both are agents living in LA and dedicated to their jobs they tentatively decide to begin a relationship together. Things get even more complicated when their firms merge and the two end up pitted against each other for the same position and it becomes difficult for them to reconcile their romantic feelings with the problems at work.

I thought t
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Authors}

His smile is warm and slow, and when it reaches his eyes, something inside my chest turns over in defeat.

photo 18673131_10154385238032441_2492893627409658094_o_zps1lhargxb.jpg

DATING YOU HATING YOU is the latest “enemies to lovers” standalone by the dynamic writing duo Christina Lauren. It is packed full of their usual snarky banter, and a Hero and Heroine that readers are sure to fall in love with.

Evie Abbey and Carter Aaron meet at a mutual friend’s Halloween costume party. They instantly hit it off and end
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

“Evie’s in denial, trying to convince herself that she hates Carter.”
“Ohhhh. I like Carter…”
“You realize he’s my nemesis, right?”

This book started out as a light-hearted romantic comedy, before taking a turn into seriously angsty territory, and then rolling out incredibly important themes that made it such an relevant story to be told today. I was so impressed with this story -- not only was it entertaining and enjoyable, it also sent a strong message. A truly
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
NOW LIVE! | http://amzn.to/2sa2Bxk

"Simply put, Evelyn Abbey is my former almost-girlfriend-turned-archnemesis-turned-tentative-ally whom I would now very much like to permanently seduce."

description

I LOVE all things Christina Lauren and Dating You Hating You was no exception.

Basic premise: Evie and Carter meet at a Halloween party and instantly hit it off. I loved their first meeting, which was filled with the awesome banter I think the writing duo has become known for:

I can't stifle the laugh this tim
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦This is a pretty enjoyable office romance with plenty of humor to keep you entertained from cover to cover. After two companies have been merged, the heroine and the hero of this book find themselves competing to keep their job. To make matters worse they are very attracted to each other. So who is going to stay and who is going to take a hike?

➦I'll make this one very short and just say that I felt like the usual Christina Lauren magic was missing from this one. I needed either more interaction
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
I didn't really finish reading this one because I was too bored to continue.

I think this book is more fitted for a RomCom movie vs. book. I would probably finish watching it too. But to dedicate hours of my life into reading it...no can do! 😜

I am still and will always be a Christina Lauren fan and look forward to their next book.
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I know it’s too early to name my top book for 2017 since there are still six months to go, but Dating You/ Hating You is definitely one of my top 2017 reads!

I was a bit on the fence when news about this book first came out because the blurb reminded me of The Hating Game, one of my absolute favorite books. Now that I’ve read it, I think it’s safe to say that the only relevant similarity is the competing against each other aspect of the story. And that’s only a
Whitney Atkinson
DNF at 144 pages.

this book is centered on two people competing for a job, and it's hitting a bit too close to home for me atm. in order to save it from getting one star, i'll finish it later.
Gabby
Thank you to Gallery Books for sending me an ARC.

Christina Lauren is one of my favorite authors of all time, so it kills me to say I didn't really enjoy this book. I see a lot of people already comparing this book to The Hating Game but the only thing this book has in common with The Hating Game is that it's an office romance that follows a male and female lead who are competing for the same position. This book follows Evie and Carter and they are both talent agents in Hollywood, trying
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Dating You / Hating You is my first paperback read for the year. There's something about holding a book that makes it feel extra special. And the pretty cover was the icing on the cake.

If I had to pick one sentence from the book to sum it up that one would be it. Carter and Evie (or as Carter likes to call her, Evil) were an amazing couple whe
Kat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-n
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this trope similar to “The Hating Game” where two people secretly totally dig each other, but become total crushing enemies when they are forced to compete after a merger at work. Carter and Evie have a complete meet-cute when they are the only singles at a party and both come as Harry Potter characters. I love the adorkability there. And you have to sympathize with them when their boss (who is completely hateable) pits them against one another. Carter isn’t a jerk. He’s not som ...more
Jonetta
Evie Abbey is a highly successful features talent agent at Price & Dickles in Los Angeles. She meets Carter Aaron, a television literary talent agent at CT Management, when they both attend a costume party hosted by mutual friends and they're the only singles. Turns out they really clicked, even though they worked for competing agencies. When circumstances play a cruel joke and they end up not only working together but in direct competition for the same job, things get...well, complicated.

W
Jacqueline's Reads

4.25 Loving It / Awesome Stars

Every time I see a new book by these authors I get a tingle inside. I JUST LOVE everything they write. Dating You / Hating You is their newest standalone and I would describe it as witty, comical and a touch sassy.

The thing I like about Dating You / Hating You is how well it’s written. My reading was effortless and at times it felt like I wasn’t even reading, I felt like I was a part of the story and going along for the ride. I love this low muss and low fuss kind
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Not gonna lie this gives me The Hating Game vibes, and I am here for it!

Also, my first Christina Lauren book, which one should I read next from them?
Heather
3.75/5

I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed this! I loved the aspect that it follows 2 Hollywood agent's and really liked reading about their job! This book also talks a ton about sexism in the workplace which def. needs to be talked about more.
The chemistry between the 2 characters was sizzling and there were some steamy bits in this book as well.
I will be filming a mashup review & talking about this book in more depth soon!
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I loooooved this! It was one of the best romances I've ever read. I loved how plot-driven it was and I liked both of the main characters. Evie was a really great female lead and I was rooting for her the whole time. The setting of a Hollywood agency was super interesting and I enjoyed that there was even a little enemies-to-lovers situation thrown in.
*TANYA*
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Oh boy!! This book took me FOREVER to finish I kept trying to come up with excuses to avoid reading it. It’s not bad, per say I just didn’t care for it. I was told it was comparable to The Hating Game. Nope, not even close. Sorry.
Dating You / Hating You is a standalone adult romance novel written by writing duo Christina and Lauren. Overall, I liked this story but I've read a similar storyline that just blew this one out of the water. Hands down, no competition. That being said, I really appreciated the authors including the subject of gender inequality in the workplace. This topic was bold and loud, and pretty awesome. All in all, Dating You / Hating You was an enjoyable, easy read and I wouldn't deter anyone from check ...more
Stephanie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun reading this book! It was so cute and funny. I was smiling my way throughout almost the whole thing.

Ok, first I need to talk about the part I found really relatable. Evie is 33, single, child-less, does not own her own home, and feels like she's behind on life. Other than the fact that she has an actual career and not a dead-end job she hates, ahem, it was like she was describing all of my inner life panic. I loved this passage, which is basically all things I have thought at o
Alex ♈
New trend - age-shaming?

She chewed my ear off how old she was, and she wasn't married, and all others were married and had kids, and she was soooo old... blah blah blah
The woman was ONLY 33!!!
And then they introduced me to him and he was 28...
Would I read about her complaints how old she was and how young he was?

Embrace your age, honey!!!

I want my ear back!

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
What a great story! Copy received for review consideration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's something about the way the writing duo Christina Lauren strikes a chord with me. From the very first books I read by them, I was hooked.

They have the unique ability to create memorable fun, sarcastic, sexy, witty characters that seem to become a good friend.

Dating You/Hating You is their first standalone. All of the other ones have been part of a series. So it was interesting to be introduced to new ch
Rachel E. Carter
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much fun. I thought I read another book by this author and didn't enjoy, but this book was everything I wanted in a fun chicklit slightly-more-sexy kind of way -reminded me strongly of The Hating Game.
Sylvie
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, fame, dnf
DNF @52%

I just couldn't go any further with this book, so I'm currently putting this book on hold and won't rate it. It was extremely boring. So, I may or may not pick this up in the near future.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Mega meh. I think I have to give up on Christina Lauren after this one. Womp :c
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I just loved it!
This was an amazingly funny and romantic and adorable and sunny Hollywood-Agent-Romance!
I loved Carter & Evie soo much! And all the co-stars too!
This book needs to be made into a movie asap!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Meags
3 Stars

The wonderful writing duo that is Christina and Lauren are auto-buy authors for me when it comes to all things contemporary romance. But although this particular book was reliably fun, sexy, and well-written, it fell a bit short of my expectations and ultimately left me with some niggles when it came to the characters and their behaviour throughout the story.

This started out well. MCs Carter and Evie meet at the Halloween party of some awesome mutual friends and they hit it off immediate

• Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3)
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • No Excuses: A Memoir
  • Training To Love
  • Hexomancy (Ree Reyes, #3)
  • Spandex and the City
  • Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work, #2)
  • Hold Me (Cyclone, #2)
  • Muhammad Ali: Unfiltered
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Roman Crazy
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)
  • Taking the Heat (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #3)
  • Public Relations
  • Hannah Both Ways
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more
“You look like you’re cycling through a lot of things right now.”
“Like what?”
“Like whether you should kiss me or punch me.”
“It’s a daily struggle.”
8 likes
“I think I’m only now realizing how hard it must be to be a woman. Too thin or not thin enough. Do your job flawlessly, but don’t show up any of the men. Speak up, but don’t be bitchy. Smile. And then you have people like Brad totally playing into it. I” 6 likes