Start by marking “Hush” as Want to Read:
Hush

Hush

A federal judge running from the truth.
A U.S. marshal running from his past.
A trial that can plunge the world into war.

Federal Judge Tom Brewer is finally putting the pieces of his life back together. In the closet for twenty-five long years, he’s climbing out slowly, and, with the hope of finding a special relationship with the stunning Mike Lucciano, U.S. Marshal assign
Published July 12th 2017 by Tal Bauer

To ask other readers questions about Hush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hush

Start your review of Hush
Gigi
This book comes out at midnight and I JUST finished it. This review will be short and sweet.

I LOVED it. It reminded me of the glory that is Enemies of the State with a Federal Judge and US Marshall taking the place of the POTUS and a Secret Service Agent. While Enemies of he State reminded me of a Tom Clancy novel, Hush reminded me of a John Grisham novel. Lots of legalese and plenty of twists and turns.

The romance was lovely and the sex was hot.

For the first time, there was nothing between
Bibi
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Final thoughts

I don't think I've ever given a Tal Bauer book less than 4 stars ( his Executive Office series is exceptional), Hush, on the other hand, was too maudlin and sappy for my blood and gore appetite. I eye-rolled and winced all through.
Mike and Tom were just ridiculous not to mention the vast and repetitive info-dumping. I'm upset, this is certainly going back for a refund.

Update

A third of the book gone and I'm bleeding boredom.

I feel for Tom really I do, but his introspections concer
Sophia Triad
"Your Honor, the court is assembled and everyone is ready for you."

So...where do I start with this review? I will start by stating one major fact:

This is not one story, but two stories. And they are so distinct as night and day. Story 2 starts when you hear the first gunshots, around in the middle of the book.
Then, the focus will change, the pace will change and the story will become a court drama and a conspiracy theory adventure before you say 'rainbow'.

And yes the first part, the first s
Jenni Lea

Damn. Just... damn.

This is how you write a book.

This is my favorite read of 2017. Possibly my favorite of the decade.

This should be read by everyone, regardless of genre.

This deserves more than five measly little stars.

This moved me.

My eyes have been opened. Never will I be able to go back into my little bubble of ignorance.

I... have no more words. Just... damn.

Renée
Reread 3-3-18 in preparation for Whisper's release.

~4.5 stars!~

Loved it! The first half is purely relationship-focused (my Kryptonite - if Tal ever writes a whole book without suspense, I'll trip a bitch to read it, no lie).

And then the second half was more of what you're used to from the Enemy series.

If I had my way, the relationship would stay front and center, and the sexy times would be a tad more descriptive. Hey, a girl can dream.

It was long, but not a single gratuitous word is used. I wa
Jaime
If Tal Writes it...I will read it!!

This is a story that is full of pulse-pounding moments, espionage, mystery, and a romance on top! Another political thriller that makes you say...hmmmm, what if??

I love this authors writing style simply because the characters are real and the content is so plausible it is frightening!! Mr. Bauer mixes together fears of WWIII and combines them with a love story that allows you to connect and relate to the main characters. They become Real to you as you read the
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio: 4 stars
Book/story: 4 stars

This was one of those books that got better as I read/listened. The first half was slow for me. I appreciated that the focus was on the development of the MCs’ relationship, but at times the monologues got tedious and repetitive. I caught myself rolling my eyes at the insecurities expressed by each of the MCs. Tom with his “Mike wouldn’t be attracted to me because I’m not his type. I’m old and boring” and Mike with his “Tom is out of my league, I’m nothing but a
Jewel
Just a quick review...

I enjoyed Hush quite a lot! Two likable MC's, a lot of relationship building and a suspense plot that was fast-paced and caught my interest.

The first half of the book was a little slow on the pacing for me, but was all relationship building and I loved watching Tom and Mike find their way to each other. The second half of the book picked up the pacing quite a lot and was mostly suspense. I do love this author's suspense stories!

The plotline was wrapped up by the end and our
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Another winner from Tal Bauer! True to form this book was LOOOOOOOONG! Really long. But I was never bored.

Tal has quickly become one of my favorite authors when it comes to romantic suspense. And really one of my favorite authors period. Normally TBs books lean a bit more to the suspense side of things but TB really nailed the romance with Hush.

I loved the build up between Tom and Mike the first half of the book. Definitely more romance focused the first half and then the suspense po
Simone
***3.5 Stars*** rounded up because of Etta Mae!!!
Bildergebnis für basset hound gif

If someone had told me more than a year ago that I would read a political thriller one day and, to top it all off, enjoy it, I probably would have laughed in his face before taking off and running for the hills.

Well, apparently I didn't run fast or far enough, because the fever caught me and now I'm infected. Hush was my fourth novel by this author now and although not my favorite, I was once again impressed with the storyline an
ReadingAllNite
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More than 5 Stars once again! It’s going to be difficult to explain all of the feels that you will experience reading this book. Tal has once again wrung out my heart and mind with evocative descriptions, scintillating dialogue and alternating POV’s. Tom Brewer is the newest judge on the federal court, a “baby” judge. And no one knows the biggest sacrifice he made to get there nor what it has cost him. He’s admired Mike Lucciano, a federal marshal at the courthouse, for a while but when Tom disc ...more
Ele
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: who-dun-it
*4.5 stars*

Really liked it. Really, really liked it. A little too wordy but I was never bored. The mystery was pretty good but I mostly loved the first part. It's been a while since the last time I 've read such an authentic romance like the first chapters.

Can't wait for Kris's book!
Chris
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW - Tal really knows how to kick ass with his political thrillers. I loved this book and wonder how much of this stuff really happens behind the doors of world powers and their leaders. While Tom's closeted issues and reflections on the 90's became a little overdone, his chemistry and growing relationship with Mike was awesome. I really enjoyed the build between these two and I loved the fact that they maintained their passion and determination for their roles and for each other. Mike was a gr ...more
Denise H.
*** Action, thrills and sexiness with Tal Bauer. ***
We open in the killer's mind, the elite Russian sniper assassin. We are in the future, battling Russians.
Federal Marshall, Mike, 37, is guarding a Federal Judge, Tom, 46, during dangerous cases.

We are privy to their internal thoughts and deepest longings. Mike has just found his boyfriend cheating in their own home, and Tom, has had a closeted, celibate life for 25 years.
Each of these men want the same things in life; someone to love and be
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
It's official. I am trash for this author. Since I couldn't stop reading Tal Bauer's books if I tried, I hope that Whisper doesn’t traumatize me. Having read the synopsis, and knowing what I know from Hush, I am bracing for impact. In this case, foresight will most likely send me to the floor as I cry...

I always have a hangover when I finish Bauer's books, and Hush was no different. It is a smart, deeply moving, and gripping story.

The romance between Tom, the closeted federal judge who is as ki
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Come inside the book...

Etta Mae is waiting for you..and she wants to play...

HUSH.....I am so not telling. ***No Spoilers***

This book has....

1. A Gorgeous Prose.

2. A
3. Complex well Developed Characters.

4. A well-planned multi-layered researched storyline.

5. Diversity, beautifully explored, and wonderfully written. .

Now, about that plot twist.....HUSH...but, I loved it.

The Beginning was the building of the world and the characters. The Midpoint- The romance get hot and steamy and every so sw
Christelle
**3.5 stars**
This is a tough one to rate and review. It’s a long book so it may explain why I sometimes got really enthralled and sometimes unconvinced. Despite a tempting blurb.

Let’s start with my niggles to get them out of the way.
The plot has an interesting baseline but I found both farfetched details and a lack of development. It was either not enough or way too much for me. I’m not saying more not to spoil anything.
While I really loved the MCs, after a while, their relationship went too mu
Jaya
OTT, cheesy, cringeworthy scenarios and extremely improbable and unbelievable plots!

I couldn't stop inhaling it though
Ariana
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Hands down, one of the best books that I've read all year and certainly the best suspense novel I have read in a while.

Also, I can see that this book isn't part of a series, but I am in desperate need of Kris' story. Desperate.
Tina
OMG... Once again Tal Bauer left me speechless. It's beyond words how he managed to write a story like this.

Hush is emotional and thrilling, sometimes soooo heartbreakingly sad *sobs* and just brilliantly written. I'm in love! It's definitely one of those books you just can't guess what is coming next.

The ending made me jump up and down with joy… so Tal, please don't let us wait too long for the sequel! It’s going to be Kris’s story, right? Right????

Guys…read it! It's brilliant!

PS: Etta Mae, gir
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! It felt a little rushed at the end but the overall story had every single one of my emotions on fire! I was totally overwhelmed with all the feelings. So very good.

This is a horrible review. I can't get my thoughts together. Read it.
Eugenia
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVED this book when I read it. Here’s my original review for the text version. I was excited to see the audiobook version come out and I jumped on it. Joel Leslie. He can be a great narrator and he can be a ho-hum narrator.

In this performance, he lacked the oomph the thriller needed. His voices for he two MCs were hard to distinguish at times. He also didn’t bring the strength I thought required of Mike, a US Marshall. Nor did he bring certainty to Tom’s
Mindy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, age-gap
This book was just amazing.
description
If you haven't read this yet you should.
Karla
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!

"Hush" sure took me by surprise it was so different from the other books I've read by this author and not in a bad way, I quite enjoyed it.

description

Federal judge Tom has been assigned a high profile case and the all eyes of the world focused on him. U.S. Marshall Mike is assigned to work at Tom's courthouse and be his personal protection.

description

I definitely enjoyed the ride with this one. Filled with some action, mystery, twists and turns. The part that took me by surprise with this story was how
⚣Michaelle⚣
Audio Review 09Jan2020: No Change

Joel Leslie did an AMAZING job with the voices and accents...

Noticed more how it felt like Enemies of the State, but since that's also a favorite I'm not gonna complain - and once again I'm confident that I will read (or listen to) absolutely anything that Tal writes.

Edited to add: Oh hey, so you know how I asked for a second book, or at least one with Kris? LOL, me asking for that in 2017 and then Whisper comes out in 2018? I know I'm not psychic but I love how
Becky
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great complex and utterly intriguing tale that had me engaged the whole way through the book. This author does not disappoint and the numerous five star ratings here are thoroughly deserved.
Teal
After reading Enemies of the State, I suspected this author wasn't for me, but since this was available through KU I thought I'd give him another try. Nope, I was right the first time. I like his story ideas, but his writing style is too overwrought for my tastes.

DNF @ 10%.
☙ nemo ❧
this was a masterpiece of character studies, romance and thriller, but what i was most struck by was tom's shame surrounding his own sexuality.

i'm english, and we decriminalised male/male sex in 1967 (although, of course, i'm not implying the public accepted gay people immediately). foolishly, i assumed that the US had done so in a similar timeframe.

i was wrong. the US only federally decriminalised male/male sex in 2003. fucking 2003 . that's in MY fucking lifetime, and i'm fucking gen Z.

t
~Volha~
Another book by Tal Bauer is under my belt. I enjoyed the story in all its detail, suspense and love between men who are on the same page and know what they want from life. I genuinely do not care for in the closet trope - all the fear of discovery and possible second hand embarrassment give me the jitters. But the plot twists were so good, the characters were so well written and the amount of research was amazing that made me feel like I was right there with Tom in the court room swayed me to o ...more
Turning Pages At ...: Hush (M/M Buddy Read) by Tal Bauer 41 26 Mar 29, 2018 12:01AM
BR Josy and Simone 1089 9 Nov 21, 2017 01:09PM

• On Davis Row
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • One Giant Leap
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You (The Spectral Files, #1)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Femme
  • Yanni's Story (Spencer Cohen, #4)
  • Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
  • Someone to Call My Own (Road to Blissville, #2)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • The Weight of It All
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Galaxies and Oceans

Tal Bauer is an award-winning and best-selling author of LGBT romantic thrillers. He is happily married and lives with his husband in Texas. Tal is a member of the Romance Writers of America.

Website - www.talbauerwrites.com