Start by marking “Turn Back Time (Alex Mercer Thriller, #2)” as Want to Read:
Turn Back Time (Alex Mercer Thriller, #2)

Turn Back Time (Alex Mercer Thriller #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
A dangerous cult disbanded years ago. Now they’re back, and they want revenge.

Alex Mercer spends his spare time operating a blog for missing children—a pastime inspired by his daughter’s recent disappearance. Another relative goes missing. As he follows up on leads coming into his site, the police department is inundated with a rash of missing persons cases. The incidents
Published June 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Turn Back Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn Back Time

Anie
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
One of the scariest books, I've ever read. I was too afraid to leave the room, after reading it. The scariest stories are the ones, that could really happen... to anyone.

There is this spooky and really dangerous cult, that was disbanded, years ago, when leaders went to prison. Now the are out.

Alex Mercer runs blog for missing children. After a relative goes missing, he posts about that to. He has really good detective skills and has a vital part in uncovering what is happening.

Scary good book.

I
E.J. J.  Lane
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent and riveting page-turner that had me gripping my seat. I haven't flown through a book this quickly in quite a while. The characters were well-rounded and easy to relate to. I found myself quickly invested in what would happen to each one, from the main characters to the background characters. Claflin has crafted a fantastic tale that had me glued to my kindle each and every chance I got.

"Turn Back Time" is a standalone tale, so even though I had not yet read the first in the Alex M
Texas
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Girl In Trouble #1 - What a Thriller! A well written thriller, with believable characters, that grabs you and doesn't let go until you finish the book. The 11-year-old girl is amazing in her handling of the horrible situation. I contacted the author to do reviews and she graciously sent me this book. No vulgar language or sex. 5*

Turn Back Time #2 - Another thrilling book. A well written thriller that takes place six months after A Girl In Trouble ends. More heartache is in store for the family i
Pam
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another riveting tale from Stacy Claflin! Alex Mercer is trying to get his life in order after his daughter had been kidnapped & rescued. He wants to make something of himself before he tries to get together with Zoey, his daughter's mother again. He is acting as his father's assistant & has a blog that he has created about missing persons. Who knew the next missing person he blogged about would be his sister's mother-in-law. Would they find her in time? Is the same person or group beyon ...more
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Turn Back Time brings back some of my favorite Stacy Claflin characters. Alex, Zoey, Macy, and Luke. They are no longer teenagers and have lived a heck of a life. Macy was kidnapped and taken to a cult when she was a teenager. Luke and Zoey’s daughter was kidnapped also. Now Luke’s mother has been kidnapped. It seems this family just can’t get away from the cult.

What I continue to take away from this series is the strength of family. The character’s families never lose hope, never give up, and n
 B. Sinsational
Fabulous Book!!
A nightmare for any parent is if their child go missing, having experienced that has bonded this family constellation close. When a beloved "extra" mother dissappears without a trace, and then like a veritable conundrum a myriad of other seemingly unrelated people also goes missing, but are they all subjected to the same thing? The mystery deepens and captures the imagnation in a brilliant way. Vivid characters brings the reader up to speed on the past history of this family, thei
Andi
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first thought was "Man I'm glad I'm not a Mercer or married to one!" Stacy Claflin really loves to torture the Mercer family.

In Turn Back Time, we find Alex 180 degrees from the opening of Girl in Trouble. He's looking for ways to make himself good enough for both Arianna and Zoey. He moved back in with his parents, but he's running a blog for missing kids and teens and working. Best yet, he sees his daughter every day after school. The change in 6 months is amazing to see.

But when his siste
Kirstie Ibrahim
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read the Gone series and loved them all. The first Alex Mercer book was also great. Saying that, I think this one topped all of them. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time waiting and wanting to know what was around the next corner. I was enjoying this so much I tried to slow myself down reading as I wasn't ready for it to finish.

There's still more to this story I think and of course more to Alex's story and I can't wait for the next instalment.
Michele Douglas
Interesting but underwhelming

I enjoyed this book, but I didn't feel the same excitement as the first Mercer book. I did find her descriptions of the rituals the cult used chilling. However, the storyline regarding the leader of the cult was a little underwhelming. At times, it felt that there was something missing in the cult and the plot was flat.
Energy
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved that while the story was still focused on Alex, it incorporated the previous supporting characters and put them into focus.
The cult is back and Alex's loved ones are getting dragged back into it. Turn Back Time is a fast-paced read, that has you screaming at Jonah and the cult and cheering on Lottie, Macy, and Luke.
Diana
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Macy is trying to recover emotionally from her abduction by the cult she was a part of in the past. Lukes mom Lottie has been missing for days and their lives are turned upside down. With a crazy cult leader looking to get revenge on the people who betrayed him. Rollercoaster of emotions. Really good story, I really enjoyed it from start yo finish. Definitely recommend.
Lisa Shepherd
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read!!

I really liked the Alex Mercer books! I can't wait for the
Next installment! I love the way all the books intertwined with Macy's story and also Dean's List. I've also downloaded some of Stacy Claftin's other books and they're next on my list to read!
SouthernAngel
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one hooked me and just wouldn't let me put it down!!! It's a suspenseful and action packed read that will stay with you after the final word.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Brenda Sweeting
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the series slow at time but it picks up again. I think their should be a book 3 about Alex becoming a cop and getting back with Zoey, and the birth of Macy and Luke baby and Luke's mom moving on with her new guy.
Laurie Murray
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even without having read the first book in this series, I was able to follow along and see what Macy, Alex, Luke, and Lottie were all dealing with. There was a strong bond between family in this book which shows that family can deal with all sorts of issues. Great book.
Samantha  Reavley
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Truly amazing

I've this author I've read a lot of her books and she never lets me down. Another brilliant book and brilliant story line. READ ALL HER BOOKS EVERYONE YOU WPNT BE DISAPPOINTED
Gea
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Captivating from beginning till ending!

With so many strong characters who went through a lot and are still not out of trouble.

We get to read the point of view of a madman and if he will succeed in bringing his perfect world to life.

I received a free copy and this is my honest review.
Nati
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very gripping story. Alex is trying to recompose his life when he sister's mother in law disappears. Alex, Mach, Luke and Zoey are forced to face all the demons from the past again. You can't put the book down until the ends of the story.
Rachael
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A real page turner. The story drew me in and kept me glued to the pages. The drama was intense and the characters incredibly believable.

While I haven't read the first book in the Alex Mercer series, or the Gone series, I don't feel that I was missing anything in the storyline.

Juliet G. Medina-Despard
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

love the series and it gets only better! Read the first book Gone and could not wait to read the next Completed three books out of the series in four days !!
Roni Pollack
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Read all of the gone series.Each one was better then the other if that's possible. Can't wait for the next Alex Mercer series.
Denise Maycock
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first book

This is the second book in the series and although it has a good storyline the ending was too rushed.
CAROL VANATTA
No Spoilers but

I really hope there is a third ALEX MERCER coming soon.
That little teensy nugget left me anxious for more
Alison K
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book and I hope the next book comes out soon.
John Wright
Jun 10, 2018
Alyson Sran
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wonderful!! twisty turny my kind of book for sure. I'm absolutely loving the Alex Mercer series keep it up Stacy YOU'RE AN INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL WIRTER!!
Donna Burrow
Sep 05, 2017
Joseph
Sep 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stacy Claflin writes about complex women overcoming incredible odds. Whether it's her Gone trilogy of psychological thrillers, her ongoing Transformed paranormal saga, or her Seaside Hunters sweet romance series, Stacy's three-dimensional heroines shine through.

Decades after she wrote her first stories on construction paper and years after typing on an inherited green screen computer that weighed
More about Stacy Claflin

Alex Mercer Thriller (2 books)
  • Girl in Trouble (Alex Mercer Thriller, #1)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99