Start by marking “As You Wish” as Want to Read:
As You Wish

As You Wish

(The Summerhouse #3)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  2,624 Ratings  ·  342 Reviews
One fateful summer, three very different women find themselves together in Summer Hill, Virginia, where they find they have much more in common than they realized…

Sixty-year-old Olivia’s first marriage was long and unhappy, but now she is a newlywed, thrilled to finally be starting her life with the man she’s always truly loved—even if they are getting a late start. Kathy
Published March 6th 2018 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about As You Wish, please sign up.

Beth
Three woman, all facing life altering decisions, are sent to a private retreat where they share in each other’s life stories, until an unfathomable opportunity arises…they can go back in time and change decisions they made to achieve the life they’ve always wanted. What would you do if you could have the life AS YOU WISH.

This is a slow building story that in the end had me completely hooked. If you don't like cheating the beginning of this book is going to be as hard for you as it was for me. Bu
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Jude Deveraux novel to read and I know now, that I will definitely be reading more!

This was such an atmospheric, fun, and enjoyable read. The three main characters were realistic and relatable with the different situations each of them faced and it was nice to have characters crossing a span of different age ranges.

This book really caught me off guard at some moments! The biggest twist, I definitely didn't predict happening and also the outcome from that twist, I didn't expect.
Kathryn
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay that was a bit weird but I rather enjoyed it. The story of three women and their lives, regrets, loves and possibilities. It turned in a way that I didn't expect which is why I say - weird... but a little different and fun.
Beverly Turner
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
First off, through the years I have read many Jude Devereaux books. And I have to admit it has been several years since I read one. This one was an ARC I won through a Goodreads giveaway.

Frankly, I had to work to make myself finish this book. Cardboard stereotypical characters that I didn't care about, stilted dialogue and great chunks of information dumped into the story instead of being woven in. And a premise that wasn't believable to be honest. I know this author can do better.
LaRayne
Mar 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing

Looked forward to this book but so disappointed. Characters were unappealing and unbelievably naive and stupid. Plot was boring and life changes for characters centered mostly on changing men. Ridiculous book,sorry I purchased. Read instead "Lilac Girls" or "The Wife Between Us," both great reads.
Carolyn
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: deveraux-jude
I just love the Summerhouse series and this latest addition is fabulous! Three very realistic women with real problems all given a chance for a "do over." That's right. Pick a critical time period in your life to live over again and get a chance to make a different decision that will change the rest of your life. You have three weeks for your "do over." What will you choose?

Great characters, great stories. I just loved it.
Obsidian
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have been playing catch-up with books that I read during my house renovation that I just didn't have the energy to post reviews about. When one has plaster and dust all over them you tend to just want to go to bed and put blankets over your head (at least I did). Getting my floors, walls, and ceilings back helped return me back to a semi-normal state. When the kitchen gets started I won't know what to do with myself.

Back to my review though. I should have known better than to buy this in hardc
Audra B
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
First time reading anything by this author. I picked it up on a whim at the library. I struggled with this...I enjoyed the characters and their individual stories, but I never understood the setting (maybe I should have read the first 2 summerhouse books?) and the entire concept was pretty ridiculous. Lots of holes in the story.
Joyce
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of three women with life altering decisions meet in Summer Hill,
Virginia where they tell each other their stories and realize that they have a
lot in common. They all have a chance to right the wrongs of their past if
They want to. Each one of these individuals wound up at the summer place
for a different reason. The story was well written with very believable warm
characters that just makes it an enjoyable read. I enjoyed the tale and
And look forward to her next book.
Up All Night With Books
***ARC received in exchange for an Honest Review***

Every once in a while you come across one of those books that just sticks with you, that at the end you feel like you lost your friends and humbles you. In, As You Wish, by Jude Deveraux, you get so much...fiction, romance, time travel, second chances, and true to life struggles.

Jude Deveraux, delivers an easy to read story. One of the things that got me about the writing of this book is how well the flashbacks are done. She delivered just enou
Linda
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Review to come. Thanks for Arc.
Joanne
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Read this because the time travel aspect appealed to me. Shouldn't have bothered. That was a minor part of the book. Before I could get to the time travel aspect I had to suffer through the first half of the book and a clunky, contrived setup putting these three women of different ages and backgrounds into sharing a summer house. It was weird that pretty much immediately they all share their life stories in painfully honest detail with two strangers. What a coincidence, the husband of each of th ...more
Amy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer House and Return to Summerhouse are two of my favorite novels and the plot lines are really my favorite.....love the ability to go back in time for "redos!" This one fell a little bit flat for me. I didn't connect with the characters as much and found Elise a bit simple minded....seriously, the black stallion? It vacillated between a good novel and a cheap romance. However, because this is my favorite type of plot line, I did love the last 1/4 of the book and hope she writes another one!
Leah
Apr 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This wasn't for me, which was disappointing. I loved the cover; it's beautiful. It was the best thing about this book. Although I did like the premise, I didn't like the story. The premise made this sound like the kind of book I would love, but I didn't. I didn't like the way the story played out. I thought that it should have gone differently. I also didn't like the characters. I expected them to make better decisions and to grow more as characters, but neither happened.
Maria
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The book began well with two women and a man, Olivia, Elise, and Ray, meeting at the request of Elise and Ray's therapist. They end up spending time together when Ray is called away and his wife takes his place. Up to this point the book is tooling right along but when Kathy takes Ray's place, it takes a dip for a while. Each talks about their pasts to each other and how unhappy they are at the moment, and then they get a chance for a redo by going back into the past for three weeks to change th ...more
Michele
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

As You Wish finds us back in Summer Hill, Virginia, with a whole host of characters–some familiar, some new–all of whom were affected by the decisions of three women struggling in their current lives.

I enjoy Jude Deveraux’s imaginative stories and how she brings in elements from classic books and even movies to draw a reader in. But, honestly, I feel all over the place about this book. I think it’s one that as a reader you just ha
Cheryl
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book on Goodreads. Three women find themselves together in Virginia. They are very different, Olivia is 61 and had a long unhappy marriage but now she is starting her life with the man she always loved,Kathy is in her 40's, married but her husband is in love with another woman, Elise is in her 20's with a troubled marriage. They tell their stories and then are allowed to go back in time for 3 weeks to relive and change things. They are able to find out what happens when their dreams r ...more
Trish
Mar 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Barb Eck
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed every book by Jude Deveraux I have ever read and this one is no different. I was lucky enough to win this book from Goodreads.

Three women meet at a summerhouse in Virginia. Olivia, 60, is a newlywed finally married to her long time love. She had been married previously for a long, unhappy time. Elise, twenty something, is married unhappily to a man picked out by her wealthy parents. He has a pregnant mistress and wants to get rid of Elise any way possible. Kathy, 40ish, is marrie
Sheila Melo
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free from Netgalley in order to prepare an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

FINAL DECISION: This book isn't really for me. The intertwined stories of three women combined with time travel/alternate realities was just too odd women's fiction. Not a bad book, but not one I would pick up again.

THE STORY:  Sixty year old Oliva is a newlywed with regrets. Not over her marriage, but over the years she wasted away from the m
Norma Smith
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
As You Wish was a great story to read. You meet three women of different ages. Coming together at the Summerhouse in virginia where they find they have alot in ccommon. Olivia is starting over after being married to a man she never loved. Elise is the youngest of the three woman but she is married to a man she has known all her life. The sad thing for Elise is she has never felt loved or cherished by anyone in her life. Kathy is a intelligent woman but, she fails to recognize her own talent. She ...more
Ann
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize this was part of a series until I was finished with this amazing book. This is book 3 in the Summerhouse series. Olivia, Kathy and Elise meet at Summerhouse and discover that they can go back in time to change a decision that could effect their lives in the future. The only question is are they brave enough to make that change. This is a remarkable premise for a reader to contemplate about their own life. A lost love, an abusive marriage, an unexpected pregnancy are all things t ...more
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Natasha
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Nic gave it to me for my birthday, because he knows I love this time-travel-relive-your-life type of story. It started out as a 3 for me, but it finished as a solid 5 stars. I really got into it, and stayed up way too late for two nights in a row. I liked the characters, and the premise of going back in time intrigues me. If you like that sort of thing, I recommend this book. I liked the writing style, very easy to read, and I will look for more by this author.
Becky Ingram
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't eager to read this as I was not that enthused about the Summerhouse series. However, this book ties into the Girl From Summer Hill much more than the original Summerhouse books, and while it was very light on the sexual content, it still had 3 great romance stories. The storytelling was quite cleverly laid out and I was engaged to the end. The time travel twist was great.
Angela
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I read this book to fast. I was so excited that I just ran right through it. I'm gonna have to reread, because I was left with questions. however it could just be a set up for future novels. I hope so, because I love the time traveling.
Pamela
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: so-not-for-me
I spent the day trying to like this book. I love Jude Deveraux...but this was. not for me. I'm not much into ladies of any age sitting around discussing problems, and Olivia caused most of her own. The naked running in the woods with the sixty year old, and twenty year old? Really. ? I'm not stripping down at sixty to run ,with a girl my granddaughter's age. Plus the choices were non productive. The book was to say I chose the wrong man...... ??? I found it boring, and so not up to her level. Tw ...more
Carrie
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
fun book. didn't love as much as the first summerhouse but still worth a quick read
Gerry Wendel
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected. This goes beyond chic lit and into another dimension 3/4 of the way in. Basically, three women marry the wrong guys and wind up happy, happy lives. It's HOW they manage to find happiness that's so cool. The author goes out of the box to achieve this in a light, it could really happen way, that makes you believe that it really did.

Yes, I sound confusing but I can't say anymore without giving away the story.

I loved this book. It helped to remind me that anything IS possible.
Reading
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I can sum up this story in one sentence:Three women who have bad marriages get the chance to have a do-over.  But the true nature of the story is that As You Wish is a What If story. What If you had chosen someone different? What If you had responded differently to situations? And not just one character is wondering "What If...", but three women are going to get the chance to see if their What If can produce happiness. That is the premise of Jude Deveraux's new book "As You Wish."

The friendship
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo

The Summerhouse (3 books)
  • The Summerhouse