Start by marking “Ghost Town (A Viola Valentine Mystery Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Town (A Viola Valentine Mystery Book 2)

Ghost Town

(Viola Valentine #2)

Every day at dusk, in a small Louisiana town, the dead emerge from Lorelei Lake. And travel writer Viola Valentine must use her “gift” of seeing ghosts to rid this town of its apparitions. Viola struggles not only with the task at-hand, but hopes that this evolving ability she obtained after Hurricane Katrina will help her reach her beloved Lillye.

Yet, the more Viola st
Published June 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Town

Start your review of Ghost Town (A Viola Valentine Mystery Book 2)
Jeanne Adamek
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I very much recommend this book & the first book in the series (A Ghost of a Chance) to anyone who wants to read a very different type of mystery. The characters are well drawn & complex--even to Stinky, the cat.

I was drawn in Ghost Town from the beginning, and remained absorbed throughout the whole book. I have to amit that I didn't always like the choices that were made, but understood why they were made.

This different approch in a mystery novel intrigued me--it
Tanya
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this series a lot- it makes me laugh and cry and get angry. Good signs. Viola is an angry and stressed out lady, just trying to make it through life. I love that she is learning to accept her gifts and that she is working hard to keep her dream job. I also like that she is not perfect, but she's working on getting better (at least in some aspects of her life).
Melinda Labuscagne
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like the Germans would say "Wunderbar".
As you can see I like the book a lot. Viola is so angry at what happened to her in life that it is clouding her rational thinking and acting inappropriate, but it looks like she is getting her act together.
Her husband may not be the smartest, but he is like a lovable teddy bear and very devoted to her. She must give him a chance again.
Susan Clark
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wiw!

The author does an excellent job of making us care about her characters so clearly that he want them bash Viola, the main character, over the head every time she’s mean to TB. As for the mystery, I double-dog dare you that you WON’T figure it out! Lots of characters to feel quite passionate about. Good read
Nicole Tul
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Scooby Doo meets the ghost whisper

I don't think this author likes Yankees , it's thrown around quite a bit about us northern people . The last book the sister was pregnant, 2 book the kid is two years old if not older , it bounces around to much .
Barbara Mulnix
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book!

This book was great fun and I loved every minute of it. This series deserves more than five stars and it's a pity it had to end, but I'm hoping there will be more from Ms. Claire and Viola Valentine very soon.
Jeannie Lawrence
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Love the characters & the story! I'm so excited that I found these books. Hard to out down & keeps you interested. Give it a try you won't be sorry.
Elizabeth
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm still hooked... Even though the editing issues are becoming more obvious. The writing is engaging, but the little malapropisms are a tad distracting. Where's her editor?
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The characters are endearing, the locations and images evocative, and the mystery is enthralling. I stayed up way too late last night reading this, and I don't regret it. I really like this series!
Beth Wilson
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I really enjoyed this book. It was as good as the first one in the series, maybe better. I admire an author that does that! I look forward to the next book.
Danon Dastugue
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Claire's books really move. Can't wait 'till the next one!

betty  Faulkenberry
May 31, 2019
Laleah Jo Ebentier
Sep 04, 2017
Cherie Claire
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brynda
HELEN KNUR
Feb 11, 2018
Dalene W.
Mar 12, 2018

• Praying for Peace (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #3)
  • Ghostly Fears (A Harper Harlow Mystery Book 13)
  • The Devil and Miss Prym (On the Seventh Day, #3)
  • Ghost Story
  • The Marvelous Ms. Medium (Lost Souls Lane #4)
  • Lions and Tigers and Ghosts, Oh My! (Brady Paranormal Investigations Book 5)
  • Three Shots of Disaster (The Mysteries of Bell & Whitehouse, #3)
  • We Were Here (Modern Love Stories, #1)
  • Geoducks Are for Lovers (Modern Love Story, #2)
  • A Touch of Ghost (The Mysteries of Bell & Whitehouse, #5)
  • Ready to Fall (Wingmen, #1)
  • Picture Perfect Lie (Kings of Castle Beach, #1)
  • Big Talking Man (Kings of Castle Beach, #2)
  • Picture Perfect Summer (Kings of Castle Beach Book 3)
  • The Cleaner (The Messes, #1)
  • The Perfume Garden
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone #11)
  • Scharlette Doesn't Matter and Goes Time Travelling
Cherie Claire grew up in south Louisiana, with mud between her toes and a rabid love of Mardi Gras parades. Born in New Orleans and now living in Cajun Country, she couldn't help but write about her unique, colorful state.

Cherie is the award-winning author of several Cajun historical romances and The Cajun Embassy series of contemporary romances and the Viola Valentine paranormal mystery series.

Viola Valentine (3 books)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (A Viola Valentine Mystery Book 1)
  • Trace of a Ghost (A Viola Valentine Mystery Book 3)