Start by marking “Everywhere You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
Everywhere You Want to Be

Everywhere You Want to Be

From author Christina June comes Everywhere You Want to Be, a modern tale inspired by the classic Red Riding Hood.

Matilda Castillo has always done what she was told, but when she gets injured senior years, she watches her dreams of becoming a contemporary dancer slip away. So when Tilly gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend the summer with a New York dance troupe,
Published May 1st 2018 by Blink

Erin
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review.

I clicked on this YA contemporary fiction ARC for the Red Riding Hood retelling label and I stuck around for the incredible female friendships that Tilly has with her roommate, Charlotte and stepsister, Tatum and also for the world of contemporary dance. As an aside, when I owned a television I spent a couple of summers totally obsessed with SYTYCD USA & SYTYCDCanada. So many great routines, but it was the contempora
Lisa Mandina
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my 2nd book by this author, and once again I enjoyed it. You can read my review of the first book here: It Started With Goodbye. While both books are standalones, they both include the same characters. We met Tilly, our main character in the first book. But this time she gets her own story, as she goes off to NYC to hopefully make her dream of being a professional dancer come true, in what is her last hope she feels after the accident that caused her ankle injury. This was a pretty quick ...more
Christina
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks to everyone who has read and rate/reviewed! I would be so grateful if you would copy and paste your review onto Amazon, B&N, and any other favorite retail site. Thank you!
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Warning, unpopular, sarcastic opinion below!

Billed as a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE is more a case of writer Christina June shoving down readers’ throats who to root for and against and how to feel about characters. We’re supposed to empathize with poor, sweet Matilda, dancing for her last chance at a professional career or she’ll be forced to **gasp** go to college at Georgetown.

On the first day of class our angelic heroine meets a not so nice girl named Sabrin
ضحى الحداد
If you like New York you might enjoy this book for this reason alone .. there was no story to mention, or at least that would stick with you .. the romance was barely there and no much context in it
it was a story about self growth and discovering yourself .. but it was really boring for me
Beth Summer
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. Like, so so much, I cannot even explain. I'm a huge fan of Christina June's debut, It Started with Goodbye, and was so excited to learn that this book's MC is Tatum's stepsister, Tilly (who's an antagonist for a good portion of It Started...) Tilly always fascinated me and I wanted so badly to learn everything about her, so this book is a gift!! Tilly is an incredibly rich and beautifully developed character.

What I loved: DANCE!!! I've always had a fascinatio
Kate
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Center Stage meets Little Red Riding Hood! Christina nails the atmosphere of NYC and its magicalness. I love NYC and this book took me right back there (which I needed because I'm skipping BookExpo this year as it's still too soon after the loss of my mom to go on vacation). I loved this even more than It Started With Goodbye, although Tatum and Abuela make appearances throughout, which was lovely. I also tend to read a lot of YA thrillers where female friendships often lead to murder, so it was ...more
Kimberly
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fun and sweet. Loved the NYC setting and I have an urge to go back just to walk the Brooklyn Bridge (ideally without the rain). I said it with It Started with Goodbye and it still applies here, I need abuela in my life.
Rachel Strolle
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everywhere You Want to Be is the perfect book for anyone who has ever been stuck at a crossroads at an important point in life. Loosely inspired by Red Riding Hood, it follows Tilly as she fights to choose between a dream that doesn't belong to her and a dream that might not love her back. I absolutely adored it and can't wait for others to read it!
Leigh Smith
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just adored this book. I loved watching Tilly navigate the city, new friends, and her newfound independence. And of course a cute fella. And cameos from Christina’s first book, which I LOVED. Highly recommend.
Suze Lavender
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Tilly's biggest dream has always been to dance professionally, but when she misses every important audition because of a severe injury, she doesn't know if she can make it happen. There's one last chance for her to show the world how well she can dance, a prestigious summer dance program in New York. Tilly doesn't hesitate and packs her bags to explore the city. She hopes she'll secure her future as a dancer here, because she's just deferred her admission to Georgetown University. Tilly has lied
Kira Brighton
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quick but lovely read with a lot of fun characters.
Lisa Maxwell
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captures the magic of visiting NYC for the first time. Is an awesome follow up to fans of the characters from IT STARTED WITH GOODBYE, but you can read it as a stand-alone too.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
#FirstLine ~ I hated lying to my mother.

This book was fantastic. Within this book there were some amazing characters who will take up residence in your heart. I adored that this book has deep themes and explores friendships, dreams and New York City. It is one of those books that makes you believe in dreams and in the people who chase them. Everywhere You Want To Be is a story loosely based on Little Red Riding Hood a book that you will not soon forget and may even become a new favorite.
Melissa
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last year, I read Christina June's debut novel, It Started with Goodbye, and could not get enough of it. I'm still recommending it all the time. I feel the same way about Everywhere You Want to Be. In fact, it's possible that I love it even more! Christina managed to make me laugh and cry several times. I also was smiling a lot and nodding in sympathy with Tilly.

I loved seeing New York City through Tilly's eyes. It made the city feel even more exciting than it already is. The whole dance aspect
McCall Hoyle
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about Christina June’s second book, EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE. Matilda Castillo is a girl readers can root for as she struggles to find her place in the world. Like so many girls, Tilly is torn between what her parents believe is best for her and her own dreams of the future and a career in dance. This book also has a sweet romance, a great friendship, New York City, and a fairy tale re-telling. What else could a reader ask for? I loved it!
Katherine Locke
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so so much. If you love Stephanie Perkins and Miranda Kenneally, Christina June is your next addiction.

Full disclosure: Christina's my CP ;)

BUT I LOVE THIS BOOK. You should definitely read IT STARTED WITH GOODBYE and then join me in eagerly awaiting EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE!
Lelia Nebeker
This book is so sweet and honest and beautiful. GREAT characters--I love how the main character tries as hard as she can to show compassion towards the rival dancer who's making her life so hard. There's a sweet romance underlying the story, but it's really about following your dreams, even when it means risking everything. Plus, it will transport you to New York City!
Katy Upperman
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucky me -- I scored a very early read. More on this book's adorableness to come, but for now, contemporary dance + NYC + cute drummer boy = yes, please!
Tonja Drecker
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taking a nod at Red Riding Hood, this tale follows a girl's decision between dancing dreams or a path her mother laid out for her.

Tilly is all set to go to Georgetown as soon as summer ends, but until then, she has the chance to dance with a temporary troupe in a show in New York. Little does her mother know she's actually already informed the college that she'll be enrolling first a year later. She's determined to use the troupe as a stepping stone into a dancing career. If she can. There aren'
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Blink publishing. All opinions expressed are my own.

This turned out to be the perfect weekend palate cleanser for me. I've been rereading so many fantasy books that I haven't wanted to read anything. I picked this up on a Saturday afternoon and it just reinvigorated my reading brain! To that end, while I did enjoy every minute, I found it slightly forgettable. Allow me to explain.

1. The characters. So this is a companion novel to Christina June's debut, It Sta
KayCee K
I don't know where to start with this book because I just love it that much. I read It Started With Goodbye and enjoyed it; was one of my favorite reads of 2017. But this one blow past that one. I don't know if it was because it's based around dance, I love anything to do with dance. Or because of the lead character passion. Or because I already know a bit about this world & characters because of her other book. I just found that Christina's writing had grown in this book, the pacing and cha ...more
Liralen
Wait, this was supposed to be inspired by Little Red Riding Hood? I guess I can see the barest outline of that (there's a grandmother, a red piece of apparel, and some food)...

It's a cute YA read but a little short on tension. I'd have loved to see the stakes raised: Tilly enters the book with a bit of romantic drama, but she solves that pronto, so that's the end of the relationship tension. She's the star student and never struggles in class, so there's never really any doubt that if anyone get
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
YAYYYY
- I love the dance aspect, especially when they finally performed!!
- Red sunnies and sassy Abuela = ICONIC
- Great step-sister (also step-dad tho not as prominent) relationship
- Good resolution on the mean girl arc, really uplifting ending
- Latinx rep (tho not ownvoices)
- Really fresh YA contemporary retelling of Red Riding Hood
- I really wanna check out Tatum's book now!!
- Was really touched by the theme/message of pursuing your dreams
- NEW YOOORK <3

HMMM
- I wanted more dance feels durin
Lindsay
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
The beginning was intriguing and then it quickly turned into a soap opera. Instead of a novel focused on Tilly's one and only passion (dance) we get a drama between a dancer that hates Tilly, her almost boyfriend that she dumped, and exploring NYC with her new roomie/best friend that is her stepsister's clone. Dance was barely included. When Tilly called Tatum, all Tatum talked about was her and her boyfriend. Everything was about Tatum&Seamus. She was obsessed with him and couldn't live lif ...more
Jessica Higgins
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Labeled as a retelling of Red Riding Hood, Everywhere You Want to Be goes deeper with life lessons that hit home and should be taken to heart.

After a serious injury takes Matilda Castillo away from her dream of becoming a dancer for a year, she is afraid all hope of achieving her dream is lost. But when a once in a lifetime chance comes her way, she jumps at it. She has been offered the opportunity to spend the summer in New York and perform. She has already made a commitment to go to Georgetown
Erin Cashman
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this re-imagining of the classic Red Riding Hood tale. In this charming story, Tilly spends a summer in NYC to pursue her dream of becoming a dancer. She faces tough competition, but it's impossible not to root for the determined Tilly. This coming of age story has it all, strong friendships, a sweet romance, a realistic family dynamic, all against the backdrop of New York City! I highly recommend this fun, delightful book!
Paula Bothwell
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everywhere You Want to Be - PG
Violence: none, mischievous meanness
Language: nothing offensive
Sex: no sex, a couple kisses

My rating is for what it is, which is a great book for high school girls who like clean romance and heroines they can relate to. I suggest you read the first book *It Started With Goodbye* before reading this one because there seems to be a good backstory between our heroine and her sister which was apparently addressed in the first book.
Joli
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
rating 4.5 out of 5; review coming soon
Kourtni R.
This was so freaking cute. And I loved seeing more of Tilly's story. Full review to come.

Thank you to Christina June for sending me an ARC!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Operation Oleander
  • I'm Not in the Band
  • This Broken Wondrous World (Man Made Boy, #2)
  • Brave Enough
  • Christmas at Barncastle Inn
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)
  • Big Water
  • A Door County Christmas: Four Romances Warm Hearts in Wisconsin's Version of Cape Cod
  • Portrait of Us
  • The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls
  • Kingdom of Ash and Soot (The Order of the Crystal Daggers, #1)
  • The Alaskan Catch (Northern Lights #1)
  • Promising Azra
  • Love and Other Hazards
  • Clara's Soldier: A Retelling of the Nutcracker
  • Wrong in All the Right Ways
  • Jack of Hearts
  • Jaclyn and the Beanstalk
Christina June writes young adult contemporary fiction when she’s not writing college recommendation letters during her day job as a school counselor. She loves the little moments in life that help someone discover who they’re meant to become – whether it’s her students or her characters. Christina is a voracious reader, loves to travel, and hopes to one day be bicoastal – the east coast of the US ...more