Start by marking “Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously” as Want to Read:
Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously

Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously

“The world has a way of defining you if you don’t know who you are before you get out there.” —Candace Cameron Bure

As a woman in today’s world, you know what it’s like to feel pressure on all sides from clashing cultural expectations. How can you stay true to who God has uniquely created you to be in the face of the script you’ve been given? What’s more, how can you stand
Published April 24th 2018 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Kind Is the New Classy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kind Is the New Classy

Start your review of Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Important, relentless, practical, and oh so convicting. Just a few words that I would use to describe this book.

Five books later and Candace can still move me and she writes the things no one else wants to write. And she does it with so much self confidence.

I am so proud of the lady that Candace has become and she is not afraid to share her Christian walk with the world.

The Tips and the Your Turn at the end of each chapter is worth gold to me. Candace lays it all out there for the reader.

What i
MissBecka
This was a bit more religion based than I expected.
It's written by Candace Cameron Bure so I expected some religion would be in any of her books. I guess from the synopsis I assumed there would be more life based lessons than scriptures?
Ah well.
She has some great ways to keep your cool and stay kind & classy in everyday life outside of scriptures. I just wanted more of that.
She is adorable and super sweet so it was nice having her read this audio to me.
Like a big sister chatting with you about l
Sunshine Rodgers
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber ♡
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like Candace Cameron Bure as a person. This book offers good tips and insights for everyone to be kind and compassionate toward others. I appreciate that she is bold in her Christian faith and doesn't hesitate to share it.
Amber
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a pretty good inspirational biography about how Candace Cameron Bure the actress who plays DJ Tanner on Both Full House and DJ Fuller on Fuller House tells how she stays kind in our chaotic topsy-turvy world today through her time on the view and more through her Christian faith by giving advice on how to be kind as well as gives bible verses and more on being kind and to be an inpowered person. If you enjoy books like this, be sure to check this book out at your local library and where ...more
Rhonda
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I should have known better. I really like Candace but her outspoken religious views annoy me. I guess I was hoping this would be lite on religion. Nope. I think I made it thru 15 minutes. You don't need to be religious to be kind. Oh well, guess I'll just wait for some more Fuller House.
Jessica Ashe
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
I listened to this as an audiobook and thoroughly enjoyed it! Candace is the narrator which I generally don’t prefer from the author but she did an outstanding job and her voice is sweet & peaceful, quite like the book itself.

What a perfect uplifting Christian read that embodies what Christ longs for us to embody. Candace touches on many different topics from embracing kindness in all aspects of our life, hosting with friends and family, loving ourselves, posture, bible reading tips all the way
Alana/MiaTheReader
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
The message was good, and I love hearing Bure speak, but as a book Kind is the New Classy did not seem very cohesive. It seemed to me to be without a timeline or a clear process Bure went through to learn what she has and put it into practice. It was more of a short rundown of her thoughts and a few experiences on the matter, in no particular order, with some tips. Still a great concept and definitely an encouragement to be kinder to everyone in my life.
Lindsay Nixon
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me begin by saying I am NOT a reborn Christian and possibly the farthest opposite demographic possible (scientist, atheist) and yet I loved this book.

I adore Candace... she's so cute and always seems so happy (HUGE fan of Full House and Fuller House) and picked this book up because I liked HER. Admittedly she does quote the bible a good bit (especially at the beginning, she then tones it down) but mostly those quotes are being used to support a good point she has already made.

This book is
Dawn
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The overall message of this book is a great one. We need more kindness in this world. And repaying rudeness or nasty comments with the same type of behavior never solves anything. And, as a person of faith, we are called to act in love to ALL people whether we like them or not or want to be nice or not. This was a great reminder of that.
Ash
Candace Cameron Bure's Kind is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously is a simple guide of how to respond to another person's wrath.

Cameron Bure wants us not to go down to their levels but stay at an elevated one; To stop, take a breath, and respond logically and graciously. Hate begets Hate and Cameron Bure wants to obliterate our "Me First mentality. " She wants us to use kindness in every step of our lives: at work, with friends, and with strangers.

I really enjoyed Kind is the New Cl
Ellen Peterson
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this concept... Kindness!!!
I'm not sure how Candace Cameron Bure survives
swimming in a sea of sharks with vastly different
beliefs. It must be her unwavering belief in God.

I must say, at times, I'd think how this is coming
from someone with much different economic situation
and struggles. Then I'd think... stop it! We're all
people with the same needs, we all have struggles of
some kind and... we all need kindness extended to us.
Our world needs more kindness.

Kindness is indeed classy. C
Lindsey
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Candace new book. I listened to her book on audio. That's definitely the way to go. i agree with her to always treat everyone with kindness. She gave stories of people treating her with kindness. Also others who didn't and she could been mean back but instead she was the bigger person And was kind. She talked about her faith and about her testimony how she became a believer. I can't wait read her other books. She's a great role model.
Sharon Huether
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kindness is a choice. Kindness is in God's plan...We are in the image of God. We are his handiwork.
Good manners shows others we feel they are worthwhile. Putting others first. When talking to someone five them your full attention.

Kindness isn't always agreeing.

Smile, listen, say please and thank you. Be patient.

Kindness starts out small and grows. It begins in the home with yourself and other family members.
Lori
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice book about learning to be kind to others. Candace writes her book about being faithful to God. and using those beliefs to be kind to others. She offers many chapters of how to learn to be a better person by being kind. A pretty good book.
Stephanie Pettus
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great, easy read from Candace. Kindness and manners go a long way.
Kim
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It’s simply written with scripture intertwined. I’ve just come out of a doctoral program and I feel like I stopped being kind to myself and therefore could not be truly present and kind to others. I feel renewed at the end of the program and this was a great book to get me back in the right direction.
Sharon Rose
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book. Seriously!
Deanna
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was growing up watching Full House, I used to long for people to call me DJ. It never happened . But I digress, back to this book.

I didn’t have really high (or low for that matter) expectations for this read. I had never read anything written by Candace Cameron Bure before. I like her as an actress, thought the topic was intriguing and enjoy following her on Instagram so I thought, “What the Heck?!”

Much to my delight, I truly loved reading this book. And I highly recommend you read it too
Christina DeVane
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 🌟 I really enjoyed this practical book on being kind, but especially in situations where you don’t agree with someone or people have been hurtful, rude, degrading, unkind, etc.
Candace is a classic example and truly lives this mantra. I don’t agree with where she draws her lines on everything, but she’s so gracious about it you can’t help but like her!
My favorite theme was dealing with social media conflict. You will never get your point across or change somebody’s mind through media argumen
Meg
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed this book overall and would read more books by Candace but the middle of the book lost me a little bit.I was really enjoying everything that she had to say and already, I have been taking the lessons she lives by and applying them to my own life, but a couple of the chapters in the middle seemed to drag for me a little bit. I enjoyed hearing her stories and seeing how she has applied her own lessons to her own life. If I had not lost interest in the middle chapters, this would have bee ...more
mlhruby
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved listening to this book! It was a gentle reminder of the things we already know but sometimes forget and an punch on the shoulder to do better. I wish every woman could read this book and follow her lead and wishes for us all to be more kind and classy. We need to stop
criticizing each other and tearing each other down. Let’s use kindness in all scenarios. I learned so much from this book and plan to carry on these basic principles in pure and sincere kindness. A small gesture can make a w
Jasmine Chang
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how genuine Candace is with her faith and that she's unapologetic about what she believes in while still being kind, open-minded, and receptive to different perspectives. This book challenged me to be a better person to those around me. I thought I knew what my life's "mission" was, but Candace made me totally rethink it by being the kind of rare but powerful role model we all need in our lives.
Jennifer Frost
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are a big Candace Cameron Bure fan you will love this book. This book is written with the Christian faith in mind along with amazing advice on being kind. These are lessons we all need to be reminded of as adults. I quite enjoyed the entire book!
Cathy Hodge
Jul 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
No, no NO ! This book is a thinly veiled Autobiography in which the author does LOTS of evangelizing. She makes some good points, But I felt I was tricked into a book I did NOT want to read.
James Bradford
Aug 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Complete tripe. Nothing on the book indicates it's going to be filled with a bunch of proselytizing New Age Christian bullshit.
Erica Locke
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Amy
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great reminder to live more kindly! Candace is truly an amazing person and this shows in her book. She gives real life scenarios, her struggles and how she leaned on God to overcome the challenges. For me, the book motivates me to find more things to be grateful for each day and to take a breath and evaluate my response before jumping into things. Great read!
Kristin
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Let me preface this review by saying that I love Candace Cameron Bure. She is a class act. I follow her on social media and I have read several of her books. She is inspiring and encouraging. A book about being kind and classy?! Yes, please!! This world needs more of both and definitely more conversations about both!!

The first thing that you should know is that Candace is bold in declaring her Christian faith and beliefs. I, personally, love that. This is something else that we need more of in t
Rachel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book to be uplifting and lovely. Candace has a relatable voice and stories that connect with us readers even though we haven’t grown up in the spotlight as she has. She shares a lot of ordinary stories, lessons, and perspectives that she fought to keep even when life brought her into fame and fortune. She’s stayed grounded in faith with beautiful character, and that made me respect her greatly.

Many of the topics in this book were simple and likely already taught to us elsewhere, li

• Full Circle: From Hollywood to Real Life and Back Again
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love, & Baking Biscuits
  • Point of View: A Fresh Look at Work, Faith, and Freedom
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
  • Let's Be Real: Living Life as an Open and Honest You
  • Everyday Holy: Finding a Big God in the Little Moments
  • Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose
  • Godwink Christmas: Stories
  • Remember God
  • Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People
  • This Too Shall Last: Finding Grace When Suffering Lingers
Candace Cameron Bure, actress, producer, New York Times bestselling author, beloved by millions worldwide from her role as D.J. Tanner on the iconic family sitcoms Full House and Fuller House, Hallmark Channel movies, former co-host of The View, inspirational speaker, and Dancing with the Stars Season 18 finalist, is both outspoken and passionate about her family and faith. Candace continues to fl ...more

News & Interviews

“Kind and classy women celebrate the other women in every room rather than sizing them up.” 10 likes
“Your integrity is worth so much more than proving a point or having the last word.” 7 likes