Start by marking “Extinction: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Hell on Earth, #3)” as Want to Read:
Extinction: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Hell on Earth, #3)

Extinction: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel

(Hell on Earth #3)

Continue the epic story of mankind’s struggle against extinction in Book 3 of the bestselling “Hell on Earth” Series: EXTINCTION.

VAMPS: After dealing with his rival, Pusher, and escaping the clutches of treacherous Prime Minister, John Windsor, Vamps and his last remaining friend, Mass, set out with the mysterious Aymun. A man who came from the gate that imploded on Oxfor
Published June 28th 2017

William Bitner Jr.
Genre - Apocalyptic/Horror
Pages - 278

Just finished reading “Extinction: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Hell on Earth, Book 3) by Iain Rob Wright. Well, Iain has done it again! In a world teeming with demons and evil angels, heroes will come from the most unexpected places, and villainous reprobates will come from, well, the same place. Expect the unexpected and you will be fine. The plot moves so fast you may lose your breath. And look out for flying objects, as I was reading this book I found mys
thebonebreaker
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am going to be a bit ambitious with this review. Rather than one book review, I am going to give you three. (I thought that I was going to be reviewing a trilogy, however thankfully these 3 books are hopefully only the beginning.
I present to you the Hell on Earth series (Books 1 - 3)

Iain Rob Wright is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors. When I finished book one of this series, I immediately had to read book two, and when I finished book two, I immediately jumped into book three. Now,
Todd Oliver
This series started out great! I loved it! It's a biblical apocalypse. Gates to Help are opening all over the world and demons are coming through to claim Earth and escape from Hell. The demons try to eliminate humanity to weaken God. Books 1&2 were very enjoyable. They were narrated by Nigel Patterson. This series takes place in the UK. Nigel had the perfect accent for this series and even did an great American accents for the few Americans in the story. Book 3 sadly uses a different narrat ...more
Mylene
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They’re all back!!!

I love everything that Iain Rob Wright writes. My favourite part is that he always brings back characters that you have learned to love in a new adventure. His stories are truly character-based and they will take you an amazing ride. You never know where his stories will go and who will pop up next. If you haven’t read this author yet, you need to get started, as I promise you, you will end up reading the entire catalog of work.
William Mead
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I would recommend this to anyone who likes these types of novels
Keeps you in suspense and on the edge of your seat
Kevin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The third instalment in the Hell on Earth series was probably my favourite so far. There are so many great characters in these books and we got to see them all a little further into the apocalypse in this one. Iain ties up some of the overall plot threads nicely in this one but opens some others. I thought the books were going to be a trilogy but I now wonder if he will continue on. I’d love to see a novella about Vamps in the future. The book moves at a fast pace and is action packed from begin ...more
Richard Tolleson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I had to drop this down to three stars due to the ending. It doesn't stop so much as it just ends. Although the book doesn't say so, it's pretty clear this was written with a sequel in mind. I've pretty much had enough. We never spent enough time with any of the characters to be fully invested in them, and the gimmick of the story wore off by the time we got to the end of the third book--at least for me.
Jennifer Tooker
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Armageddon

Full disclosure – I was provided a copy of this book by the Author as part of his Advanced Reader’s group, however I have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own.

The gates of Hell have opened. Demons and fallen angels alike roam the Earth freely laying waste to all in their path. Humanity has been reduced to a fraction of what it once was, but those who remain continue to fight. Guy Granger has succeeded in making the trip across the ocean from the US to the UK an
michael kelly
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Guy, Good Writer, Good Book

This book is the third in the series but unlike many series it stands up as a good read without having read the previous books. That said there is a thread that runs though almost all of Mr. Wright's books not just this series. Almost all of the authors books have a connection some more then others. If you enjoyed reading this book or any of the writers previous works, I highly recommend going though his entire catalog many of which he will gladly give to you for
Alan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ooops! Assumption.

There's a quote in Silence of the Lambs which goes something like this, "never assume, it'll just make an ass of u and me." When I reached the end of this book, which like it's predeccesors I thoroughly enjoyed, my first thoughts were...what the ......? I had assumed that the series was a Trilogy! I couldn't believe that I'd reached the finale. Thankfully, confirmed by a frantic internet search, I found out that more was still to come. To other readers I say, don't make my mist
Kaye Nutman
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Third of this series... excellent read.

When I finished book 1 I knew I would want read books 2 and 3 as soon as possible, and having come late to the party I was able to do so immediately as they’d already been written. This book does not disappoint. Whilst some ‘good’ characters are lost and others survive, the ending to book 3 hints at other worlds being involved. Loved them! Sad there is not a book 4 to download, so I’ll just have to explore other books by the author. If you enjoy this genre
Terri
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I have been enjoying the series but I thought this book was a bit rushed at the end. I felt the first two books were more character driven and this book started that way, but ended in a big rush and kind of silly in Hell. It seems like there will be another book coming and I will read it since I am vested in the series, but I hope the author brings it back around to the tone in his first two books. That being said, I would like to see a little romance between Tosco and the General!
Joy St John
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best ever

Although it's the apocalypse, I can't help but love this world and it's all because of the author's mastery with characters and with action. He is an amazing storyteller! This is my third in this series. I think I'm in love with Iain Rob Wright. I can't, nor do I want to read anyone else. Now this is the risk you take should you choose to pick up his work. Well worth it! Even though hell factors into the storyline in a big way, I'm in heaven. I'm gushing; I know!
John Brunton
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its a hell of a journey to the end of the world

Extinction is the 3rd book in iains hell on earth series and without any spoilers it is a gory non stop action packed ride. Though it does help to read the first two entries in the trilogy but these books are not for the squeamish. There is abundant blood and gore, it in a horror novel what do you expect.

A journey well thought and one all horror fans should make, just be careful what gates you choose to open
Amy
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and compelling read!

As like the other books i have been unable to put down this amazing book. The story is so gripping i am eager to turn the page to find out what happens next. Even when I think there is no more that could happen something else grips my attention. Iain Rob Wright is an amazing author and now definitely among my top favourites. I can't wait to read another of his books!!!
Steve Abrams
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new twist on helll on earth

A new twist on the theory of bell and demons. Full of likable characters and enough new ideas to keep the story moving. A fun and quick trilogy. I am a Wright can and will keep reading his stuff. Always a new and interesting story with characters you can identify with.
David Hudson
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series of books is like many of the author's other works.

His formula: 1) something bad is about to happen; 2)I we meet a bunch of people in a series of vignettes; 3) we follow those people around. Some die, most do not. Improbable connections occur throughout; 4) people survive and the story ends.
Kay Smillie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And so ends the Hell on Earth series, or does it? Most horror novels bore me and the UK hasn't had a decent horror writer since the late James Herbert, but Iain Rob Wright is his natural successor in my opinion. Wright keeps the story going at a brisk pace with little time to draw breath. This has been an excellent series with this book the best of the three.

Ray Smillie
Deedra
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Audible:I guess the narrator does make or break the book.This was not good from the first few sentences.The narrator repeated lines over and over in the beginning.I just couldn't get in to it.Nigel Patterson was much better than Brad Gillam. for this series.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Linda
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Loved it! Mr. Wright's writing flows and the character development is so well done. I read this book in one sitting it was that hard to out down. Humans even flawed becoming heroes to battle evil and save the world. I look forward to more and highly recommend this series and others by this talented author.
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Iain. I finally read it EXTINCTION

The third story of the series (The Gates). What a great book it was. I loved how you brought characters from the last book back. It was like going back to your favourite soap and wondering will they live or die. It was well written with lots of tension hoping humanity will be restored. Liked the end also. Well done😄🔰

chris balden
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Roller coaster ride.

I really enjoyed this trilogy and I enjoyed the characters.
Vamps the gangster turned good guy with his gang mass and rick.
The sea captain looking for his kids in the UK and the kickass General in Portsmouth.
Excellent story and I'm sure I will read more of his books.

pat greenwood
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

This book is a good read although in parts it is a bit scrappy. There is certainly a fourth book potential especially if it focused on the war in he'll as the earthly struggle is not really relevant now but the celestial struggle is.
Kimberly Trivette
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wanting more...

As always, I am left wanting more. Iain makes you a part of the whole book. I felt I was right there with these characters. I am excited to see what he has in store next. Typically entertaining characters in other stories, I can't wait to read more about Damien.
Debra Robinson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The whole series....great!

I enjoyed the set of books. The flow of the storyline from book to book was very smooth. I recommend this series for the action/horror fan, it'll keep you reading.
Lorraine
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Extinction was AMAZING!!

Book 3 of this series, was an intense read. Our heroes, are still fighting to reclaim their lives, and end their Hell on earth. Gathering together, those who will help them, to close the Gates and kill the demon hordes. A MUST READ!!
Connie Rocke
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Story

These series of books have an interesting take on what the apocalypse can be and how people react. Good reading for entertainment. Reads almost like a movie - I can see the characters clearly.
Trish D
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick, enjoyable read.

I really enjoyed this series. They are quick moving and entertaining. And yes, scary! In this series, I appreciated the religious references, but liked that they weren't shoved down one's throat.
Martin Wilkinson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect finale

This third book in the series is a brilliant read and the characters flow through the chapters with ease. As gripping as the others books with storylines keeping you interested throughout and recommended read .
Michael D. Hansen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Damn.......

.....this series is the best!!!!! If you want action, blood, guts, honour, love, hate, humanity, demons and angels..... then this series is for you!!! AND THERE IS A FOURTH BOOK COMING SOON!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Iain Rob Wright is one of the UK's most successful horror and suspense writers, with novels including the critically acclaimed, THE FINAL WINTER; the disturbing bestseller, ASBO; and the wicked screamfest, THE HOUSEMATES.

His work is currently being adapted for graphic novels, audio books, and foreign audiences. He is an active member of the Horror Writer Association and a massive animal lover.

Chec

Hell on Earth (3 books)
  • The Gates (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • Legion: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel (Hell on Earth, #2)
“Why do we only realise who we are at the end of a long journey in the wrong direction?” 0 likes
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” Albert Einstein” 0 likes