Start by marking “Lovestrung” as Want to Read:
Lovestrung

Lovestrung

Lovestrung. A period of time during which love is pursued, but cannot be caught. Results in pining, angst and a broken heart.

Penelope "Pippa" Montgomery is lovestrung. Her condition started thirteen years ago, when Ethan Collins came to live with her family. She was only ten, and didn’t understand what romantic love was, but she knew Ethan made her feel special.

They grew
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lovestrung, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovestrung

Malene
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovestrung made me feel so good. It was such an enjoyable and very hot read thanks to some wonderful characters. Ahhh your first crush. I think we all can remember how it felt. The butterflies and the tingles. Penelope/Pippa is going through that with Ethan but it’s so much more than a crush. He needs a foster family and when he arrives to Pippa’s family she immediately knows he’s something special but also a boy with a traumatic past.
I enjoyed how the reader got to feel and see how they slowly
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

This was a great story, it was light and sweet with a great romance and a little bit drama but nothing serious!It was easy to read it and it was fun!This is my first book from Karen Ferry and I can't wait to try more books!

This book explores the relationship between Penelope and Ethan over the years from when they were kids to know that they are older and we can see how things are for them.I liked their banter!

If you are looking for a fast paced and steamy read this is perfect !

Karen Ferry
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

Apple Books ➡ http://bit.ly/LovestrungAppleBooks
Kobo ➡ http://bit.ly/LovestrungKobo
B&N ➡ http://bit.ly/LovestrungBN

I am SO excited! I absolutely adore Pen & Ethan, and I hope you will, too! 💕
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
4.5 stars - Their hearts no longer belong to them...

I felt as though I had won a golden ticket getting the chance to read an early copy of Lovestrung, lol!

Hmm, chocolate...

Whaaa?

Come on, peeps - if someone mentions golden ticket, you’re automatically gonna think of chocolate, right? *shrugs*

Huh, just me then *blushes*. Oookay, moving on... my analogy will make sense soon, trust me *smirks*

So, just like your favourite bar of chocolate, you savour each morsel until the very last bite as you don’t
Chelé
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhhh! I love the new glow of reading a new to me author and just being completely surprised by what they bring to the table!

Karen Ferry has crafted such a great friends to lovers story. Ethan comes to Penelope/Pippa's family under terrible circumstances but the amazing bond between them as children was instant and it only grew over the years. Childhood, teenager years, to adulthood.

This is such a feel good story. And I love nothing more then to enjoy those tingly FEELS!! Pippa is such a lik
Aaly
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

A feel good book, sweet, so swoony and « deliciously dirty ».
Lovestrung made me smile so freaking hard!

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. ***

Lovestrung made me smile so freaking hard. I was expecting something light-hearted and so swoony but damn it was more. Like the feeling butterflies and all the things in between.

Pippa and Ethan… the freaking sigh! The author wrote such a beautiful story when you understood what it feels li
Samantha
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since seeing the very first teaser/excerpt, I have been dying to read Lovestrung. Ferry's books are always full of emotion and beauty. I was super excited to get my hands on a copy and jumped into it immediately.
The prologue tugged at my heartstrings and pulled me right into things.
Chapter One ramped up the angst and from then on had me freaking out over their behavior towards one another.
Ferry always writes in an extraordinary fashion to make the reader get ALL the feels. As I read more
Autumn Grey
I loved Pippa and Ethan!! Their story alternates between the present and the past, which is really great as we get to see them getting to know each other from the moment they first meet.
These two characters are complete opposites: Pippa is more of a free spirit and Ethan is the silent, broody type which made for great banter. I loved the the push and pul. In the end they didn't have a choice but to give in.

The side characters were really well done! Love their dynamics, which made the story ric
Maïwenn  B
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To say that I’ve been looking forward to reading best friends to lovers’ story would be an understatement. Imagine the level of giddiness when Karen Ferry sent me an early copy of her beloved story!

Pippa/Penelope and Ethan’s story starts at a very early age, there’s no romantic feelings involved at first but their friendship blossoms through the years and Pippa start to long for something…more with the boy who understands her more than anyone.

Their bond is precious, almost unbreakable. But lif
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
**4.5 Stars**

I do love a good old friends to lovers story on a lazy Sunday & Lovestrung by Karen Kerry, truly did hit the mark. It’s was sweet, sexy & a good bit sinful.

Pen & Ethan have been best friends since they were children when sad circumstances brought them together. Fast forward to adulthood, & neither have been able to escape their first crush, their first kiss or their first love. However with Ethan still unsure he’s worthy enough of the only girl he has ever loved &
Juliette
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."

I started to read this book through the newsletter, and I was excited glad when I got an ARC. This book caught my interest since the beginning, and through the reading I got some surprises that kept more engaged to it. This a book is full of passion and angst. I highly recommend it if you are looking for something to read in one day. Of course, when it is published.
Karen Ferry is a new author for me, and I will continue reading her bo
Michelle
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Lovestrung!!! Karen Ferry did an awesome job of weaving a friends to lovers story between Pippa and Ethan. Ethan comes to the Montgomery family under some pretty horrible circumstances, and an immediate bond develops between Pen/Pippa and Ethan, they are best friends for years, they have feelings for each other but Pen thinks he's out of reach, and Ethan doesn't believe he's good enough. Pen goes away to Europe for a year, and when she comes home the chemistry is just as explo ...more
Kis Baadsgaard
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Ethan and Pip <3 if you a into a book from a author that can wirt, you have to read this one <3
It's a book with warmth, desire, friends, secrets and a hope for the future.
I have a book of the author Karen Ferry on my Kindle and now i'm looking forward to dive in to it.
My recommendation is: READ IT <3 <3 <3
Kerry Foster
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I can honestly say that I love this book. The relationships.. You could feel the tension between the two. A brilliant read.
Karen Sedgman
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovestruck had me lovestrucked such a great read! This story was sweet, beautiful with all the goosebump feels, oh and all those hot and steamy moments! All the characters were all so loveable! A must read!
Naomi
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Penelope meets Ethan when she is ten years old when her parents foster him as a thirteen year old. She instantly feels an affinity for him as well as being sympathetic to the loss he feels, even though she does not really know much about his background. They form a close friendship over the next five years. Except Penelope feels more for Ethan than just friendship and she doesn’t want him to think of her in a brotherly way. It’s more than infatuation, Penelope knows in her heart of hearts she lo ...more
Jay
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jacquie
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*heartfelt sigh* That's exactly what I did when I finished Lovestrung, a swoony, sexy, slow-burning best-friends-to-lovers romance that captured my heart and soul! Did I mention the SIZZLE??!! Uhmmmmm, yeah...this one has a good bit of steam, even if it's a slow burn!

I loved this dual POV and Ms. Ferry did an outstanding job going from the past to the present, filling in the backstory in such a way that you really feel like you know these amazing, lovable, strong and sassy (Pippa/Penelope) and b
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
It's been a long while since I've read a book by this author. It was a great enjoyable story that also had something unique that hasn't been told very often. You'll have to read it to know what it is but I've definitely loved the story and really enjoyed how it was told. The characters had depth to them and you could see them grow throughout. Can't wait to see what the author has in store next!

Ethan and Pippa first meet when they are kids. Ethan has been placed into her family's care and along
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovestrung is a fast paced, sexy story filled with banter and friendship between the two main characters. Karen Ferry did a great job of weaving a friends to lovers story between Pippa and Ethan

What I loved about this book is that it was such easy reading. There was just the right blend of drama and angst to keep me turning the pages. The characters were just gorgeous. I particularly enjoyed the flashbacks as they really helped me understand how their friendship began, how important they were to
Helen (Blissfully Bookish Besties)
Lovestrung is my new favourite book from Karen Ferry! This sexy, hot, emotional, friends to lovers romance had me hooked. Ethan and Pippa met at a young age and always had a great connection. When they're all grown up, Pippa wants more from Ethan but thinks he never 'sees' her. She goes on a year long trip to get him out of her system once and for all. Obviously this doesn't work, and it turns out, Ethan has always 'seen' Pippa but had his reasons for keeping his distance. Karen Ferry takes Etha ...more
Karenj
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this... so passionate!! So cute ! Tiny but of angst but not over the top... just a wonderful love story that builds up and takes it time but gets there in the end with a whole load of sizzle !!

I adore the way that Karen Ferry weaves this story, taking us from childhood friendship, teenage crushes...to full on adult lust! Are these two destined to be together or will Ethan's insecurities.. or even his secret life put a stop to them exploring the possibility of true love?

You'll j
Carrie Youngcourt
An awe inspiring love story that will make you swoon!

Penelope and Ethan have known eachother sense they were kids and have had a habit of gravitating towards eachother. But as they grow up they shift from being best friends to friends but when they go there own ways in life can they remain friends?

Can Ethan and Emma find there happily ever after or are they destined to live without eachother in thier lives?

I haven't read a book by Karen Ferry that I haven't loved and this one is just as good a
Dimaris rossy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things to know about this book:

Best one from this author so far.
Loved how the author gives key moments of their childhood without concentrating to much on them. That way the reader doesn't get desperate.
Ethan has a dirty mouth to die for.
He is also a man of few words but he has the perfect words.
You will love how supportive, caring and dedicated Pep is from an early age.
She never waivers, she is a strong character.
Their welcoming family will warm your heart with dogs included.
There is so m
Elmarie Pieterse
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh WOW!!!!!!! I've just finished this gem and let me tell you guys I've LOVED this book so much!!!! This is definitely one of those books that would stay with you forever!!!!! The love between Ethan and Penelope are your once in a lifetime kind of love, the love that every person wants and deserves!!!!! OMG and the passion between these two had me fanning myself a couple of times Haha it was so HOT!!!!!!!! I was hooked from the first page right up till the end!!!! I had all the emotions while re ...more
Lisa Chambers
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovestrung was a beautifully written love story. The path that Pippa and Ethane take from childhood to adulthood is both thought provoking and inspiring. Karen Ferry does an awesome job and I'm a fan.
Zetti
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pippa has a connection with Ethan, and in some ways she doesn’t really understand or should I say, she doesn’t want to accept the reality that comes with the connection. Pippa is more vulnerable than she seems, and that gives her character a fragility that shines through this book. It shows depth to her character and shows that even the heroines of books have their weaknesses. In order to gain true strength, you must accept that you do have weaknesses too, it’s healthy and it makes me connect wi ...more
DrivenbyBooks
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 stars*
It's been a long while since I've read a book by this author. It was a great enjoyable story that also had something unique to it that hasn't been told very often before. You'll have to read it to know what it is but I've definitely loved the story and really enjoyed how it was told. The characters had depth to them and you could see them grow throughout. Can't wait to see what the author has in store next!

Ethan and Pippa first meet when they are kids as Ethan has been placed into her
Haley Saunders
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashleigh
I think this is one of the few friend to lovers book that I have read. I really enjoyed the storyline and premise. Ethan is drool worthy even though he has a past and some particular interests that don't really appeal to my personal preferences. Penelope was a character that I really connected with though. I enjoyed reading her POV and about her struggles. Her desire to explore and not settle with what she has always known is completely relatable. She lovesick heart over Ethan endears you toward ...more
Romance Retreat: Excerpt from LOVESTRUNG - Prologue 1 8 Oct 28, 2018 06:42AM
Anglophile and bookaholic Karen Ferry is a native of Denmark who loves Italian food, travelling, and spending time with her laidback husband and active children.

When she’s not busy working in the shipping industry, she dives into New Adult, Contemporary Romance, and Romantic Suspense – the same genres she loves to write.
She can never get enough of romance or collect too many book boyfriends, eit