Start by marking “Hazel of Heber Valley (Rocky Mountain Romance, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hazel of Heber Valley (Rocky Mountain Romance, #5)

Hazel of Heber Valley

(Rocky Mountain Romances #5)

Hazel Adams can’t help but be intrigued when Wyatt Coltrane rides into the sleepy town of Midway. Her childhood friend and one-time beau Nathan, however, keeps getting in the way of any possible relationship, claiming that Coltrane is bad news. Hazel is quite sure that Nathan’s simply jealous and unwilling to see her with another man. When the truth about Coltrane comes ou ...more
Published July 24th 2017 by Blue Ginger Books

To ask other readers questions about Hazel of Heber Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hazel of Heber Valley

Katie W
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes it takes a traumatic experience to make a girl realize what she truly wants and that's just what happens with Hazel. I have a lot of feelings about this one. First of all, it almost had a vibe of "The Music Man," with a new man waltzing into town who bamboozled almost everyone. Secondly, it takes place in Midway and I love the setting. In fact, some of my ancestors were of Swiss descent and settled there, so this story made it easy to visualize the place and time where they lived. Thir ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
A sweet story of unrequited love in a small town. Nathan can't get over his bad luck in the romance department, especially since his first love wants to remain friends. He's full of angst and jealousy, trying to protect Hazel from the slick new stranger in town. As much as Nathan ponders Hazel's great attributes... I thought she was an idiot. Seriously, no common sense! Her thoughts and choices were frustrating and while they created the conflict for the story to move forward, I found her hard t ...more
Mara
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read in this new series. They're all standalone novellas, but with a common theme. This one takes place in the small town of Midway, Utah on Pioneer Day.
Nathan Siddoway doesn't have fond memories of the last few Pioneer Day celebrations--2 years ago he finally got the nerve to kiss Hazel Adams but it didn't work out, and last year he became engaged to Meredith, only to have her leave him (and town) 3 months later.
The morning of Pioneer Day a new guy rides into town.
Emily F
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This is my favorite of all the Rocky Mountain Romances I've read!! It was well done - unique and plausible plot, relateable characters, and a story that drew me in. It was sweet and clean, I'd rate it PG. This is a great example of how westerns, even if they're short, should be done.
Cathy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I hadn't heard of this series, Rocky Mountain Romances, but I might have to go in search of the rest! This is a really fun one set in the late 1800's, in a super small town in the mountains of Utah.

I liked the whole feel of the book. It really felt old, I liked that. I also really liked the small town feel with the whole town getting ready for the 24th of July parade. And the plot was really well done. I liked the way you don't know for sure that Coltrane is a bad guy or a good one until Hazel f
Robyn Echols
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Characters

Lots of angst over a disappointing courtship. Then Hazel meets a dashing newcomer the day of the big Pioneer Day celebration. Is he right for her, or should she look again at the hometown man she doesn't want to love because she's afraid romance will ruin their friendship.
Louise Pledge
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annette Lyon is one of my favorite authors, and I especially love when she writes stories with bits of history from my favorite state in the Union! "Charming" and "Delightful" are both adjectives that come to mind for this one.
Donna Campbell
Dec 31, 2017
Sami
Aug 09, 2017
MRS H A STRIPP
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2018
Jessica Miller
Jul 27, 2017
Renea Westlyn
Aug 18, 2017
Annette Lyon is a USA Today bestselling author, a 4-time recipient of Utah’s Best in State medal for fiction (twice for novel-length works and twice for short fiction), and a Whitney Award winner for BAND OF SISTERS. She's the author of over a dozen novels, at least that many novellas, a cookbook, a popular grammar guide, and over a hundred magazine articles.

She’s a founder and regular contributo

Rocky Mountain Romances (7 books)
  • Utah Sunrise (Rocky Mountain Romances, #1)
  • Idaho Fairytale Bride (Rocky Mountain Romances, #2)
  • Montana Gold (Rocky Mountain Romances, #3)
  • Ride for a Bride in Wyoming (Rocky Mountain Romances, #4)
  • New Mexico Enchantment (Rocky Mountain Romances, #6)
  • Colorado Dreams (Rocky Mountain Romances, #7)