Start by marking “Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte

Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte

(Lady Mechanika Volumes Day of the Dead Special)

After suffering a tragic loss, Lady Mechanika takes a trip to a small Mexican village just in time for their DIa de los Muertos celebration. But the festivities turn truly deadly after the arrival of the Jinetes del Infierno, the mythical Hell Riders. Collects the complete Lady Mechanika Day of the Dead special, La Dama de la Muerte.
Published September 26th 2017 by Benitez Productions

Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒
Fantastic!
Review to come.
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
*** Received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ***

The art in this book is phenomenal! Seriously, I know there's a coloring book for this series and I really want to buy it now because the art is breathtaking! The lines and the colors give it such a distinct tone that is such a cool blend of the themes of Dia de Los Muertos and steampunk. I usually want every comic to be a live-action TV show but unless we're talking some Bryan Fuller realness, I don't even know if we could capture
Scarlet Cameo
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rc-17
This were awesome! Honestly, I need to read more of Lady Mechanika, 'cause I'm amuse!

This book is not exactly an accurate exposition of "Day of the Death" but isn't that far away...but that's a discussion for other time, I just want to point that.

The story of this book is good, just good, probably I could enjoyed more if I read something about lady Mechanika befote, 'cause there's cero to nothing about her story, but we saw a good character development and the plot make us believe that she's an
Alina
The storyline is interesting and dramatic, keeping your attention, and is a perfect prop for the simply excellent graphics, exactly like I have become accustomed. I think this is the main reason that draws me back to the series of Lady Mechanika's adventures: the attention to details, the beautiful curves, just the right mix of époque and steampunk, even the gear contours. Keep 'em coming!

***Note: I received a copy curtesy of Netgalley and Diamond Book Distributors & Benitez Productions in e
Steve
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The story was pretty good, but it's really the artwork that keeps me coming back to this series. It's simply fantastic! More, please!
Florin Pitea
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Western, rather than steampunk, but utterly satisfying. The graphics are astounding. For a detailed review, please visit my blog: http://tesatorul.blogspot.ro/2017/11/...
Kaitlin
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a re-read for me as I read the first few issues of this on Comixology a few years back I believe and I really enjoyed reading the physical edition too. It's again stunning and ties in a lot of culture, which is pretty cool. The art was fun and the drama exciting. 4*s from me!
Chad
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best art and story yet from all the Lady Mechanika rereleases. Lady Mechinka travels to Mexico during the Day of the Dead while she's mourning a lost love. The town she visits is plagued by "Demon Riders" and she pits herself against them.

Lady Mechanika looks gorgeous in her Day of the Dead makeup. In fact, all of the characters look amazing in their getups. I loved the characterization and stories of the locals talking about their loved ones and what the Day of the Dead is actually all about.

R
Uma   ~Books.Bags.Burgers.
(I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review)

MINI-REVIEW

After reading the mini graphic novel about Lady Mechanika I was thrilled to see this title on Netgalley and HAD to read it. This was a lot longer and even more wonderful. The artwork was as gorgeous as before if not even better. I love the extra artwork the author provides at the beginning of the book about Lady Mechanika's clothing and her weapons. I would LOVE to get my hands on a physical copy o
Mimi
I received an ARC through Netgalley, for which I'm grateful. This does not, however, affect my review, or how friggin' much I love this series.

This was probably my most favourite installment yet. It had everything; culture, heart and action. And even though the premisse isn't a new one (little Mexican town is terrorised by a gang of bandits...), it's presented in such a way, that it does not feel stale at all. On the contrary.

The artwork is always top notch in this series, but the details in thi
Rianna
44/45 books read in 2017
Provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Actual rating: 4,5 stars

Amazing addition to the Lady Mechanika universe. I absolutely adore the art. The combination of steampunk and Dia de los Muertos is brilliant!
You could definitely read this volume as a stand alone, but I want to bet you'll be interested in the rest of the books too :)
Dislaimer: This is however the most violent book out of the series (nothing sexual, just gory) and although it is definitely log
Tanya Tate
Received from Netgalley  and Edelweiss in exchange of honest review.

Five Stars!

This is my first Lady Mechanika novel and it didn't disappoint. The artwork in this book was beyond anything I seen before and the story was pretty good. Even tho I haven't read the other LM books, I understood what was going on with the Lady M and how she become to be. So all over  it was pretty good and wouldn't mind reading some more novels dealing with her..
Jessica Strider
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pros: gorgeous artwork, touching story

Cons: makes the locals look ignorant

Mourning the death of a friend, Lady Mechanika makes her way to Mexico, where she’s coerced into joining the Day of the Dead festivities.

This graphic novel gathers a 3 issue storyline.

As with the previous volumes the artwork is simply gorgeous. I love the costumes and make-up associated with the festival. There are some beautiful double page spreads.

I enjoyed the story, though it does depend on the ‘superstitious natives a
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was provided a copy of this book through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Upon first requesting this book, all that was going through my head was “holy shit, I love that design in the cover!” That’s what led me to request it and when I opened it I knew I would just be in awe of the art. The colors and lineart were mesmerizing, kept you focused on the story and wishing you could spend an eternity soaking in the intricate details. (I saw an art so beautiful I cried???)

As for the story,
Chloe
4.5 star rating

"The mind is not always given to know that which the soul seeks" - Joe Benítez

This was a wonderful graphic novel and I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading it, this review will be for the three sections as a whole and not individually, just because I think that's easier and gives the piece/review a more fair feeling.

This graphic novel is also currently under 'read now' on NetGalley, which means that you don't have to make a request for it you can just read it straight away!

The fi
47Time
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-fantasy
This volume is by far the most emotional one so far. A massacre humanizes the main character better than in previous stories and several dramatic scenes may draw a tear from the reader. A group of men decide to prey on the fears of Mexican villagers, but Lady Mechanika won't stand for it. Her first move ends badly for her and for the villagers, but her determination will win out in the end.

Lady Mechanika is greaving for her dead friend Dallas, so she takes a train to Mexico. A blind healer named
Carina
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017, netgalley
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The plot and art were okay. Nothing amazing though but it was a good and quick read overall.
Catherine Girard-Veilleux
*I received an ARC of this book through Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review*

Lady Mechanika arrives into Santa Catrina, a small village, during the Día de los Muertos festival after suffering a loss. The Jinetes, horseback-riders from the world of the dead, come to the village to collect their offerings. Lady Mechanika then decides to act to save the villagers.

By Joe Benítez

What struck me first was how gorgeous all the artworks are! In fact, they are jaw-dropping with the flamboyant colou
Albert
Jul 24, 2017 added it
Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte by Joe Benetiz proves beyond a doubt that this is Benetiz's character and he has a firm handle on developing Lady Mechanika into one of the few Steampunk characters that will transcend into the mainstream. Whether that be in comic form only or in all literature.

Reeling from the death of her closest friend and confidante, Lady Mechanika leaves England for a small town in Mexico where she can hide away and find solace. She needs time to grieve and deal with th
Yzabel Ginsberg
[I received a copy of this book through Netgalley.]

Not sure where chronologically this volume is set, among the other ‘Lady Mechanika’ ones. In this story, Mechanika travels to Mexico without a goal, grieving for her friend Dallas, and finds herself taking a room in a village whose inhabitants are about to celebrate the dead.

The characters she meets throughout the pages were in general endearing and friendly, passing along their traditions and encouraging Mechanika to have fun for the sake of fu
Adam Fisher
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just wow....
As a "Dia de los Muertos" special miniseries, Joe Benitez (and crew) bring tradition, history and a shocking amount of violence to Lady Mechanika.
Basic story boils down to this: Lady Mechanika is out travelling randomly after suffering the loss of a loved one (at what point in her story does this come in? Who is this guy?). She arrives at a small Mexican town that is about to celebrate Day of the Dead. Making friends with the peaceful innocent villagers and learning about the ho
Katie Kempski
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Steampunk and strong women? Sign me up.

Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte is beautifully done in both art and story. This is my first Lady Mechanika, and I didn't feel at a loss at all considering that I was jumping in midway. The first half of the story is exposition, introducing the characters just enough to make you care about them and be devestated when they're attacked and killed by some ghostly figures (and it's really not easy to make a reader care about an entire village, so well done
Andreia Nuno
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the type of comic that never disappoints! Beautiful art mixed with a great story.

The tale starts with Lady Mechanika on a journey, trying to put a tragic event behind her. In the small town of Santa Catrina, it’s that time of the year, the celebration of the Dia de Los Muertos. As she learns more and starts enjoying herself, a mutilated boy comes into town before collapsing. He is the latest victim of the Jinetes del Inferno, a group of gods that require sacrifices every year. If they do
BookDragon
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte dives into a short little story during a dark time for Lady Mechanika. This gives us a little but more of a dark life that she used to live and her determination to live a better life and be a better person. 4 out of 5 stars for me. Lovely graphics, fun story!
Timothy Boyd
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
These mini series are great Steampunk reads. Very nice art and good stories make them a great enjoyable read
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of Lady Mechanika La Dama de la Muerte TP from Net Galley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Lady Mechanika La Dama de la Muerte is a side story following the events in volume three. I would have rated this a three and a half star, but honestly the artwork is just so stunning that I had to bump it up at least half a star for that. Seriously, I think I might have to see if I can buy a print or two from this volume. Even though it is a side story, it does contai
Paul Franco
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Fair warning: I HATE the Day of the Dead. . . or better to say it scares the crap out of me. The scariest night of my life was one of these festivals on the tiny island of Janitzio in Lake Patzcuaro, in the state of Michoacan in Mexico, where this whole thing originated. So I’m gonna try really hard not to let that affect me, but I doubt I’ll succeed.
A curandero—think witch doctor—leads Mechanika to a small Mexican town on the night of the festival. Among the people she meets is a little girl wh
Jason Brown (Toastx2)
Lady Mechanika, part human and part machine, is haunted. As a detective in early 20th century England, she has done things she regrets and caused people she cares for to die. The Lady, running from her past and pain, heads across the ocean.

In Mexico, she arrives and is welcomed by the citizens of a small town. Lady arrives November 1869, on the Day of the Dead and celebrates life and loss with them. Her red eyes are explained away and beautifully melded with face makeup in the classic sugar skul
Kevin
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first encounter with Lady Mechankia, an English lady with mechanical limbs travelling the New World. Originally published in a three part series this compilation let's you enjoy the complete story and all the accompanying artwork. And that means artwork is a good place to start.

You're not exactly picking up a graphic novel for stick figures that would be at home in an XKCD comic strip, but this one? Wow. It's stunning and vibrant. It's one of those that indulges in flourishes, the fr
Toni FGMAMTC
The artwork in this comic is amazing. The amount of detail on the cover is what drew my attention, and the inside is even better. Every scene could be featured as wall art. This is the first comic I've read featuring Lady Mechanika. I didn't feel lost, but there was a touch of mention from a previous installment. It made me want to read the others out of interest, not because I was confused with this storyline. The female lead is a sort of vigilante hero after a group of villains torturing citiz ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ghosted, Vol. 4: Ghost Town (Ghosted, #4)
  • The Spirit, Vol. 2
  • Five Ghosts, Volume Two: Lost Coastlines (Five Ghosts, #2)
  • Doomsday Clock #5: There Is No God
  • Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time
  • Delilah Dirk and the Pillars of Hercules (Delilah Dirk, #3)
  • Solo
  • DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 5: The Death of Illusion
  • Secret Avengers, Volume 2: The Labyrinth
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 2: The Weeping Angels of Mons
  • Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds
Joe Benítez is an American comic book artist who has worked on such titles as "JLA", "Superman/Batman", "Detective Comics", "Supergirl", and "Titans" for DC Comics and "The Darkness" for Image Comics. He also co-created and penciled the sci-fi series "Weapon Zero" and the dark fantasy mini-series "Magdalena: Blood Divine" for Image. In 2005, Joe published his first creator-owned mini-series "Wrait ...more

Lady Mechanika Volumes (4 books)
  • The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse