Start by marking “Love: A Tangled Knot” as Want to Read:
Love: A Tangled Knot

Love: A Tangled Knot

(Tough Scratches #1)

2019 American Fiction Awards Finalist - Coming of Age, Family Saga, Inspirational, New Age Fiction, Romance/General

2019 IAN Book of the Year Awards Finalist - Young Adult

2017 New Apple Book Awards SOLO Medalist Winner - Young Adult Inspirational
13th National Indie Excellence Awards Finalist - New Adult Fiction

If love is true, how long should you wait?
How much pain sho
Published August 5th 2017 (first published September 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love

Start your review of Love: A Tangled Knot
Anna Casamento Arrigo
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Ms. Chang-Lim manages to weave a well-crafted, beautiful tale of love, coupled with all the conflicts and trials of relationships. A VERY well written, page turner! Highly recommend!
Robin Morgan
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I read this book via an Amazon-US KINDLE download.

While this book fits this genre quite well, I feel it also might be suitable for the more mature YA reader as well.

Young lovers who seemed to be smitten by each other from time to time make errors, errors which can and will have a profound effect on their lives. The biggest of these is when the young woman and high school senior winds getting pregnant by the guy she’s apparently in love with. In this book by the author, Eichin Chang-Lim, Kayla O’
Myron Stenzel
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As readers, we search the pages of a book to find something. Most of the time, we search for a means of entertainment, relaxation or just to pick up a book to pass the time. What we fail to realize at times is that we are searching for more than "just a story". We search for true meanings that will allow us to take on life's challenges with strength and the purest of heart.

Have I lost you? Stay with me here. Ms Chang-Lim took me on that search when I opened the pages of this well-defined and mea
John Dolan
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Tough Scratches' is the debut novel of Taiwan-born Eichin Chang-Lim.

Being a frequent reviewer of independently-published books, I often find myself reading material that is outside of my preferred genres. Nevertheless, I must confess to approaching this YA coming-of-age romance with a greater-than-usual degree of trepidation.

I need not have worried.

Ms. Chang-Lim approaches the story without sentimentality and the cloying (and sometimes irritating) emotions accompanying many rite-of-passage/roma
Martha Perez
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Tangled Knot captured me right from the beginning to end you will love Russell and Kayla’s characters by making mistakes in life we all know we will pay the consequences in every bad decisions. This story is reality of life we all should learn no matter how good a person is things could spiral out of control even when you’re not at fault you could be at the wrong place Russell makes a wrong choice that will affect everyone’s life and pay the price for years. Fantastic story a page-turner has l ...more
H.M. Holten
Nov 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Touching Love Story

Kayla has ideas about what she wants to do with her life. Her friend Breeana’s head is full of boys. Then Russel turns up and turns Kayla’s world upside down.

Kayla falls in love and everything else goes out of her head. Russel is as infatuated, and the result is predictable.

From then on everything goes wrong for the two hapless lovers. Imprisonment, Infatuation leads to love, an unplanned pregnancy, and finally Russel’s wish to please his Kayla results in a long prison sent
Dee
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the title indicates, love can be a tangled knot, but is it possible for it to be untangled? This novel explores both sides of that issue in a well-written story that this slow reader went through in record time. Starting in high school, the story follows the lives of Kayla and Russell, their ups and especially their downs. I loved the ending, which I won’t reveal, but what it took to get them there was a testament to love and forgiveness. This is a good, clean romance that I recommend to anyo ...more
Angie Dokos
May 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
great story

Relationships can be so dang hard. This was a great love story. There were lots of ups and downs but I like the way it turned out.
Kathryn Svendsen
I loved this book! It was full of clean romance, and dealing with the tough stuff of life when facing the consequences of a bad decision. I loved how Kayla and Russell remained devoted and strong in their relationship with one another through teenage pregnancy, single parenthood, prison, forced separation.

I have the greatest respect for those people who face difficulties and are able to not only face their situations, but improve their situations as Kayla worked at throughout the novel. I found
Abby Vandiver
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2

Here's a book that a lot of people can relate to, I know I could.

Kayla and Russell are high school sweethearts who have to grow up quickly. Life, many times, destroys love, however, there are times when love endures. This is that kind of story. Kayla stands by her man through thick and thin, and Russell learns how to be a man, taking care of his responsibilities.

This is a well-written story, which holds your interest. A short read at about 160 pages, it flows and the characters are believa
Karen Ingalls
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well-written story of love between two people who fall in love while in high school. Kayla gets pregnant and Russell wants to give her an appropriate wedding and ring. However, Russell makes a fatal decision that challenges their unconditional love. Is Kayla strong enough to raise her daughter on her own? Can Russell move on with his life?
Joseph DiBartolo
This was a beautifully written emotional ride about teenage Kayla. It was fast-paced and kept you turning the pages to see what could possibly happen to her next. Follow Kayla through her teenage years as she attempts to overcome the many obstacles that lay before her. I'm looking forward to see where the story goes from here. Well done by a very talented author. ...more
Mark Jones
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartfelt and timeless story of a young woman overcoming hardship against all odds...very sweet! ♡ :) Mark
Kristy Volchko
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming read

Ordered this book through Kindle Unlimited, enjoyed the story very much. Eichin Chang-Lim is a talented author. A lovely, heartwarming read. Five stars.
Themarcusg
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed being invited into the lives of Kayla & Russell. The quick pace of the storytelling felt like a reflection of how life feels sometimes, which made "Tough Scratches" even more relatable; life keeps happening, even when it does not feel pleasant. This really puts the reader behind Kayla, pushing for her to get back up again & persevere. She's the everyday hero, the face we may look past in the grocery store, but see staring back at us in the mirror.

It felt great to read "Tough
New Apple Literary Services
Oct 19, 2018
Cheryl Fynes
Oct 24, 2017
Eichin Chang-Lim
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Author-Colin G.
Aug 13, 2017
Richard Cezar
Apr 21, 2018
Eichin Chang-Lim
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Claudia Marcela
Stephanie La plante

• The Girl Behind the Gates
  • Whisper To Me
  • Take Height, Rutterkin
  • Malchediel - Warrior Angel (Wings Unfurled)
  • The Rosewood Whistle
  • A Day Like This
  • Limitless Mind: Learn, Lead, and Live Without Barriers
  • Rising Up
  • The Weed That Woke Christmas: The Mostly True Tale of the Toledo Christmas Weed.
  • Scaleshifter (Scaleshifter, #1)
  • The Black Dragon (Scaleshifter, #2)
  • With Angel's Wings
  • Masters of the Elements: Resonance (A Paragon Series Book 1)
  • The Protector (Sophie Lee, #2)
  • The Wish Carvers
  • Jacob's Extraordinary Day
  • The Tethered Soul of Easton Green (The Tethered Soul, #1)
  • The Second Life of Everly Beck (The Tethered Soul, #2)
Dr. Eichin Chang-Lim is a semiretired optometrist, a multi-award-winning author, a wife, and a mother to 2 children. She and her husband had a private optometry practice in Los Angeles. They live in Orange County, California.

In a recent interview, the author said, “You might have noticed that romance and inspirational are my niche genres. I write romance because I find it to be an intriguing genr

Tough Scratches (2 books)
  • Finding the Path (Tough Scratches #2)

News & Interviews

With more than 5.7 million votes cast and counted, the 14th Annual Goodreads Choice Awards are now official. Launched in 2009,...