Start by marking “Hart of His (Cale & Mickey #2)” as Want to Read:
Hart of His (Cale & Mickey #2)

Hart of His

(Cale & Mickey #2)

(Alternate cover edition for ASIN B01M9HDE4H)

Moving in with Mickey Hart has taught me a few lessons.

523 square feet is really f*cking small. Sharing a bathroom is the worst idea ever when you’re a damn paraplegic. Never lie, no matter what. And one more thing...

I'm madly in love with this girl.

Warning: Strong language, mature content, drama, and angst included. Shirt sold
Published by Annie Arcane (first published November 21st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Hart of His, please sign up.
Annie Arcane Helloooo!

*waves happily*

This little gremlin is now available for pre-order on Amazon!! Yayyy!!! Okay, I'm done being weird now...

Helloooo!

*waves happily*

Thank you oodles for the interest!!!

Hugs,
Ann(less)

Jilly
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hey, just noticed that today is Friday the 13th. *Cue psycho music*
What does this have to do with my review? Absolutely nothing. It just gives me an excuse to drink a Bloody Mary for breakfast while I write this.

So, this novella is set after the first book, but it's not really a story exactly. Yes, events happen, but that's not really the point. This book is more about getting into the head of our paraplegic hero, Cale. We had glimpses into his thoughts in the first one, but here we get indepth.
Yamna Rashid
Everyone has a limit. Everyone has a breaking point. Even Batman.
That's the problem with loving a superhero, especially one who works alone

I have decided that I am never missing a book by Annie Arcane again. Like even if she writes total shit (which she won't) I would actually read it. Because even if she wrote shit, you know what would be there in her books? Awesome humor

"Are you just going to stand there?" I retorted tersely.
"Would it make you feel better if I sat down

I don't know w
Dianne
I felt like I was shot through the heart and author Annie Arcane is to blame as she tells a frustratingly beautiful and sweet tale of what real love is, warts and all. Cale is a workaholic, a man with a heart of gold and list of frustrations a mile long. He is a paraplegic, but he loves with all he has, to the point of pushing away the one woman he cannot live without. Oh, and he might just be a little bit of a pig-headed man-child, too.

Mickey is a force to be reckoned with. Sure, she has flaws,
Catherine ♡
*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my full and honest opinion.*

Actual Rating: 5

So I read Hart Broken six months ago, and it was a book that completely tore apart my heart, stomped on it, and put it back together again. Cale and Mickey's journey was so much more than a love story, and I was ever so excited to read a little bit more about them.

This book did not disappoint. Firstly, let me just say that if you're looking at the description and thinking, "92 pages? Please, what c
J. Saman
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book and read it in one sitting simply because it's the sort of book you can't put down until you've finished. There is just no way to stop once you've started. Cale... yeah. He's the sort of protagonist that drives you wild because the gorgeous man can be as sweet and loving as he can be stubborn and pigheaded. Because you cannot get enough of him while at the same time, you want to smack him upside the head. And Mickey... flawed and beautiful Mickey was as always a pleasure to ...more
CeCe
I was a bit disappointed. It was not as good as the first book.
Jessica Jesinghaus
When I finished Hart Broken I was hungry for more of Mickey and Cale's story and this little morsel does not disappoint.

As a novella, I think this was a well executed story, but I'm greedy and I wanted more! I would've loved for this to be a teensy bit longer with a little more development of some of the plot points: What was the big project / contract that had Cale so work-worn and distracted? Why was it so important? What is the history between Cale and Dixon Rush? And how did Dixon know anyt
Erin Daniels
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another win for Arcane! Hart of His was one of those bendy, twisty affairs, which also perfectly describes my emotions as I read this. Cale and Mickey's relationship deepens and endures and it was amazing, as a reader, to see those little mannerisms and nuances that all couples go through as they become solidly connected. That's an aspect of this book that I feel the author got exactly right and it became sort of a reward for people like myself who have read the first book. Just like with Hart B ...more
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ebook of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Annie Arcane!

Who knew a novella could make me feel so much. This was the second instalment of Mickey and Cale's story, and although short, it is utterly entrancing and touching.

What could go wrong in a relationship where both parties are incredibly hard headed? Yup, I kept muttering "Idiot" and "Poop Face" under my breath as I was reading. Yup, I totally physically engages with the book. I spoke to my p
Emma Jaye
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The angst, the anger at his own condition and the world came through loud and clear. This installment, and it is an installment rather than a fleshed out plot, felt choppy and uncoordinated in places. Although I love internal thoughts in a book, the amount between dialogue had me scrolling back and forth to refresh my memory of the actual conversation/action.
I remember admiring Cale in the first book, but in Mickey's words, he's a butthead in this one.

He's working himself to death, pushing peop
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Amanda Siegrist
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, once again!

Oh man, so much goodness in this book. I wanted more. So much more, especially of Cale. There's just something about him that makes you love him and want to smack him behind the head for acting the way he does sometimes. I guess that's why Mickey loves him so much.

It was really cool to see more about his disability and the way Mickey treats him like nothing is wrong with him. The best. I love that.

The only part that kept me scratching my head was who the heck is Dixon and
Marie Silk
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up to the Mickey and Cale story! I loved the direction it went and am looking forward to more.
Romance Rehab
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All reviews posted originally on the blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

4.5 stars!

There’s no one like Annie Arcane in romance land today. Her writing style is unique and fresh. So unique and fresh, in fact, that it might not be for everyone. Folks who are content with genre norms might not dig her style. But for the rest of us? It’s a totally entertaining breath of fresh air. And those of us who “get” her will be fans for life.

So, in Hart Broken, Cale met Mickey, and she was kind of a mess. He p
Saunders
parked - not a complete series - book 2 of something
Lucky
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing I love the most about this book and the first one , is that am somehow always surprised when I hit the last page .. like idc I want more ❤
I love it
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Wow – there are many thoughts swirling in my mind after I finished that book . First and most important - I did not want that story to end. It felt special – not just because of the characters but also because of the writing style.

I am careful when it comes to comparisons. Often I read lines like “if you liked book “x” you are going to love book “y” which basically compares writing styles or authors directly. And once I finished reading book “y” I felt there was nothing similar about the books.
Badass Bloggettes
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hart of His, a novella and the second book in the Hart series, focus is Cale. The book is a very quick read that has me conflicted regarding the hero, Cale Windermere. The reason is his change from book one. My head is spinning because I ended Hart feeling Cale is a strong man who wants a relationship. His handicap is secondary to the man’s inner strength and personality. Everyone deals with a disability differently but there is one truth that I’ve always found is a good person is a good person, ...more
Raven
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but powerful!

I loved Hart Broken and enjoyed this one even more. Cale is still a stubborn alpha male, which is what made him attractive to begin with. Moving in together has put a strain on their relationship and Mickey is the glue that not only holds them together but also makes them stronger as a couple.

My only complaint is the bomb dropped near the end of the first book hasn't been addressed or mentioned yet. I really hope this will be explored in the third book because it's next on my
Colleen
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Read because of an online review of Hart Broken (Cale & Mickey #1) which was listing novels in a "best reads....." category. Not one of my favourite best reads even though well written. I read the whole series only because of Cale & Mickey 2-4 were short.
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hart of His is the second novella in the Hart series by author Annie Arcane. If you read my previous review of Hart Broken, you already know I fell in love with main character Cale Windemere! This novella is told from Cale’s point of view, two months after moving in with Mickey. It’s short but definitely jam-packed with good stuff and provides an even more in-depth look into Cale. The story sort of jumps back and forth over the course of a few weeks, outlining arguments, breakthroughs and a vari ...more
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Real, bold and humorous! In order to really appreciate this story, you need to have read the first book Hart Broken. This novella is about one the main characters from that book, Cale. The story is told from Cale’s point of view with a few parts switching to Mickey’s and it is a very intense read. In this story, we get the nitty gritty about Cale’s insecurities and doubts. He is at war with himself and with war there are always casualties.

Cale is a great character but was not the most emotionall
Diane plourde
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I generally don't read short stories because they often lack the in depth emotions, plot and the fully developed characters. I had read Hart Broken #1 and really enjoyed it, so since this was a continuation of their story, I took it. I was far from being disappointed by this 5 star novella.

I really loved it because it had an hint of intrigue to it. It captivated my undivided attention until the very end and then, I wanted more. In my opinion, what makes a story standout, are the characters. I
Eleanore June
Why would a book in a series I enjoy, with characters I like only get a 3? I've been trying to figure this review out for days now, and here is what I've come up with:

- It's close being a better book. If I break it down to the plot points and the actual story -- I'm all in. It ticks the right boxes. BUT being that close makes the negatives stand out more for me.

- Too much was left unsaid. Not unsaid by the characters, unsaid by the author. More than once I had to read reread sections to figure o
Lara
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with an ARC copy in return for an honest review.

I loved the first book in this series. The subject, the detail, the writing style and the character development were amazing. I found this novella somewhat confusing and sometimes hard to follow; I wasn't sure if the inner dialogue was Cale or Mickey. I still loved the subject, the realism of living with a disability and the writing, however. Ms. Arcane brought Cale's feeling alive. I missed not knowing more about what Mickey was act
Ruby McDemon
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story as much as the first. For most of the story I couldn't help but laugh. I know that it may sound mean, but come on. Seriously. Who wouldn't laugh seeing the big alpha male getting bossed around by the little girl. I do feel sorry for the buy and feel for him when Micky shuts down on him. What I really would have loved though would to have been a fly on the wall when Annie was asking her friends questions for this book. I know their insights probably helped make the story as gre ...more
Jenny
Plot rating: 3.5 stars
Dialogue rating: 3.5 stars
Storytelling rating: 3.5 stars
Story ending rating: 3 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 3.5 stars
Lisa
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of Cale and Mickey’s story…which leads to another one, so hang on folks, it’s a bumpy ride!! Annie’s writing is unique and dare I say quirky? She enjoys torturing her readers through the hills and valleys of a relationship, however the drama that occurs is completely believable and enjoyable. When this one ended, I felt like I was suspended at the top of the roller coaster before it proceeds down the first hill. It’s still not moving…..get on the next book Annie!!!
Lisa Aiello
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angsty-romance
Wow. That was a fast read. I absolutely love these characters and they way they interact with each other. Book 2 was good (I preferred Book 1 as it was more of a build up of their relationship), but this was very enjoyable.
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Mickey and Cale? Yes please.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Ugly Girl Ties the Knot (Ugly Girl Series #2)
  • Station Alpha (Soldiering On #1)
  • Live For This
  • Crazy in Love (Matt & Anna, #1)
  • The Write Man for Her
  • Broken (1Night Stand, #100)
  • Love is Blind (Love is #1)
  • Baby Kisses (Romance on the Ranch #3)
  • Community Service
  • When Our Worlds Collide (Our Worlds, #1)
  • The Dance
  • Ghost of a Promise (Phantoms, #1)
  • Thousand Yard Bride
  • Reckless Endangerment
  • Fight for Her: Volume 2 (Fight for Her, #2)
  • Forget (Changing Colors, #1)
  • Consent (The Loan Shark Duet, #2)
  • Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)

Romance with wounded heroes, disabled characters, alpha males, and angst.

Annie doesn’t like long walks on the beach, getting dolled up, or fairy-tale endings with a boringly perfect hero. She’d much rather be rock climbing, shooting guns, or ending on real love with a deliciously imperfect hero. And hugs. She likes hugs.

She also has a B.Sc. in Biology and feels kinda sorta weird re

Cale & Mickey (4 books)
  • Hart Broken (Cale & Mickey #1)
  • Hart of Hers (Cale & Mickey #3)
  • Hart of Mine (Cale & Mickey #4)