Start by marking “Fiercely Emma (Cake #3)” as Want to Read:
Fiercely Emma  (Cake #3)

Fiercely Emma

(Cake #3)

Emma, older sister of renowned rock star Jake McKallister, has crafted a quiet existence for herself. Fiercely independent, scorned at work, and indifferent to relationships, she’s spent the past decade trying to move on from the crime that shook her family to the core. Living by a promise she made to herself as a distraught sixteen-year-old, Emma has sworn off marriage an ...more
Published July 11th 2017

Start your review of Fiercely Emma (Cake #3)
Whitney
J. Bengtsson keeps killing it! Her storytelling just keeps improving with each book, and she is going to be a force to be reckoned with. She has a knack for making her characters relatable - and I love her for it! The McKallister clan are just a sarcastic, loving family that have worked so hard to overcome tragedy. Bengtsson was able to flip between past and present to show the reader how beautifully this family has risen from ashes and how this affected our protagonist, Emma. The writing seemed ...more
boogenhagen
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Monique
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am hooked on this series and this author. I love the way she can unwind a story and keep me captivated. If you haven't started this series, and you love contemporary romances, then you need to jump on board and get started. I would recommend you start from book 1 to get the full experience of this families history.

Emma is the older sister to Jake and Kyle. Both these boys experienced something no kid should, more so Jake. And when the chips where down, the unlikely one to step up was the 16 ye
Melinda
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fiercely Emma (Cake Series Book Three) by J. Bengtsson

Hmmm where to begin with this? First of all, this is technically a standalone in the Cake series however, I would highly suggest reading books one and two in order to really appreciate Emma and her story.

What this family has gone through makes my heart ache. I can't even fathom what it must be like to grow up with the nasty shadows hanging over you. While Emma was safe at home, she still bore the brunt of her brothers kidnapping when her mot
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good but predictable love at first sight...

Emma is a bit of a self proclaimed ice queen, because of her past. She knows what's truly important in life, and she likes to keep things non-risky. Her job, her home, her sex life. She's going to a music festival where her rockstar brother is performing with her entire family to celebrate her dad's birthday. What she doesn't expect is the dirty hobo she picks up on the side of the road.

Indy... I mean Finn is a stuntman and kind of actor. Things in hi
Cc
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, favorites, 2017
Emma and Finn

Emma never really recovered from her brothers kidnapping, it had overshadowed her entire life.

Finn overcame all the adversities life put in his way and still kept his optimistic view of life.

These two with such opposing life views should never have worked together but they did much to Emma's surprise. (Finn was always sure they would go well together.)

This Cake Series is one of my favorite! The depth of emotions in these characters is amazing.
There are three more McKallister sibli
Taylor
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
OH MY STARS!! FIVE stars to be exact! I absolutely adore this series but was BLOWN away by Fiercely Emma! Top read of 2017, hands down.

I have no words for how amazing Emma and Finn are - just pleeeease do yourself a favor and read this series!!!!! You will NOT be disappointed! <3
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is the 3rd book in the Cake series and centres around Emma, the eldest daughter in the McKallister family.

Like the rest of her siblings, Emma was profoundly affected by a tragedy that occurred in her family when she was a teenager. The outfall was a lot of responsibility landed on her as she seemed to take up a parenting role for her younger siblings as they were struggling to cope with their grieving.

As a result of what she experienced in her teens she made a vow to herself, one that she i
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, audible
-- AUDIO REVIEW --

I can’t stop being blown away by these books. I had no idea, when I picked up Cake, that I was in for such a wild, emotional, multi-layered ride. I had no idea that, three books in, I’d still feel so needy for more. No idea that the punches would hit so hard, or that my heart would feel so full.

I had a moment of doubt when I first started Fiercely Emma. I mean, Emma is not an easy heroine and I was worried I would have a hard time connecting with her. However I’m learning that
Jacqueline
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Compared to the first two books of the series I just liked this one. It was sweet, funny, having me in a fit of giggles every so often, and then fiercely intense (as says the cover) when going through the traumatic experience Jack and his family had to go through. Everyone has there ways of dealing, and J. Bengtsson surely put it into perspective. 3, because I liked the story, but didnt love it.
Rebecca
I tend not to enjoy the whole "insta" trope but it worked well with Emma and Finn. He was such a sweetheart and such a good guy. It was nice to finally see the toil the kidnapping had on Emma as well. Overall, a heartwarming addition to the series.
Robyn
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Indian-Jones Stars

I have to say, this has been my favorite story in the series! I loved how the chapter flipped from past to present for Emma, to include Finn’s POV. I wouldn’t change a thing about this book—it definitely surpassed my expectations. I absolutely loved Finn and Emma individually, and together! Looking forward to the other siblings books.
Oriares
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. Seriously, I'm impressed how much the author changed from book 1 to 3. I can't wait for more. There are so many questions left. Keep them coming.
Lorna
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up. Loved the characters, the romance and the back story. Finished it with a smile on my face. This whole series has been pretty amazing actually, so if you love adult contemporary romance this is a must read series. This one just might be my favorite so far although I loved the first one a lot! Highly recommended!
Gloria
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sigh. Wonderful book. Absolutely loved it. Emma was a bit annoying, and when she fell in love with him it took me by surprise because she was pretty cold for so long. Finn was scrumptious.
Christina Wilson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, audio, favorites
I love Emma and her role with her siblings. I loved that we got flashbacks of what was happening with her and her point of view with the terrible thing that happened in their family. She is scared and there is good reason, but I am glad that she finds Finn.
Cyndi
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book in the series and so good! Each of the romances are hugely impacted by what happened to them in the past. They are a strong but heavily damaged family. When you read these books, read them in order. With each book more of the damage and story is revealed.
Emma is determined to never fall in love so she can avoid the pain of loss. She never wants children because she feels she can’t protect them.
Finn wants to be a husband and father. He has over come great obstacles but has kept
Melissa
I was pleasantly surprised that Cake, the first book in this Cake series, did not have a ton of angst within its story, despite the fact that all of the parts and characters of the story seemed to demand that angst be present. It was nice to read a fairly sweet story without all the drama. Well, this series was holding all of that angst inside until Fiercely Emma. Man, does this story have angst! Emma is a mess in lots of ways ... prickly and standoffish with everyone around her. But she has a p ...more
Cali Gals
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Emma, our heroine, has has a strong voice. Her determination even when paired with her fear, made her an interesting and exciting character. She was raised in the same home as her brothers (first two books in Cake Series) but she had a very different perspective and reaction to the trauma that occurred to their family.

Finn is our hero and I love him. His story is unique with a touch of sadness for me as the reader though in the telling of his story I do not think he felt t
Karen
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Book of the year!! I didn't love the main characters like I did Jake and Casey BUT the story was so real and told the "Cake" story from another angle. I suppose this could be a standalone but the previous two books in the series we're just excellent as well. I read Book one three times and loved it better each time.

I thought I truly could identify the main characters. I've been a tall girl with prickly personality and oldest daughter....I did not have the tragedy in my life like Emma's family s
One-Click
Audiobook - Narration Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt - kick ass!

Holy cow I loved this series from beginning to end!
The narration was stellar - they’re both great with voicing both sexes, but more importantly, they’re terrific story tellers which really brought this all to life.

Loved the fact that an event impacting an entire family was strategically doled out across the three books of the series. The entire story was told through the experiences of three different people and yet it all seamles
FS Meurinne
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviews
I just love every book J Bengtsson writes, they are full of emotions, they always keep me captivated and this is just the same. Emma is the older sister to Jake and Kyle (previous books), she always tries to help the family so much that she might not want one of her own. That’s until Finn comes into the picture. The past story and present one combined gives this book a special effect, heart wrenching feelings and hope that will keep you reading. Must read all of the books they are that good.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
How sweet. The poor family. And again, more layers of what Jake endured have come out from Emma's POV as well as how it affected her. Her relationship with Finn comes out of nowhere for her and bowls her over.

I can't wait for more from this author. I'm hoping it's Keith next.
Love N. Books
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pet’s $0.02

I wanted to like both Emma and Finn so damn much. But, while I absolutely adored Finn, Emma was a harder sell and she drug that out to the end.

Finn is just one of those guys you love right off the bat. He has a semi-bitchin’ job, if it didn’t injure him so often, he has a hilarious best friend, a crazy backstory and family and he loves with his whole damn heart. I dare you to try to dislike him. I looked forward to his chapters, because I needed more Finn and he made me laugh
Angie McGuire
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

Absolutely perfect. I listened to this book before I read it, and the narrators were sublime.

Emma was always so stuffy and such a woman who has a HUMONGOUS chip on her shoulder. You find out why on this book. It is just perfect. Finn is the funniest person, and I cracked up too many times. When there are two people getting to know each other, when one of them have walls as Bing as the great Wall in China, it makes it rather difficult. This book is more than just Emma and Finn... It
Christina
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one, just like the second book in this series, I really enjoyed! I loved the music festival plot this one had in it. I also really adored the hero in this book! Finn was swoon-worthy!! Maybe one of my favorite hero's I've read!

If you enjoyed the first book in this series, but are questioning continuing on, I highly encourage you to do so! I think they get better as they go! Plus, you get so much more of Jake's past along the way!
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!! Emma and Finn's story was so much more heartbreaking than the first 2 books in this series. With every passing book and more and more details about Jake being revealed, the more I cry about this family's experience. Finn is the perfect addition to the McKallister clan. Him and his family made me laugh so much, which I needed after all of Emma's flashbacks.
Yvonne Wood
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So like this family all coping with different aspects of Jake's childhood kidnapping. 4.5 from me. Especially liked the gift tent scenario classic smile on my face all through!
Julie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Emma!!
Tracie Payne
Emma was annoying and bitchy and hard to like. Lots of this was tell not show and there was barely any of their actual relationship. Don’t know why I finished it. Long commute I guess.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Love on the Rocks (Love on Tour, #1)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Repeat
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • The Pretending Plot (Caught Up in Love, #1)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 3
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Unzipped (Lucky in Love #4)
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)
  • If I Only Knew (Second Time Around, #4)
  • We Own Tonight (Second Time Around, #1)
  • A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
  • The Shark and I
  • Play Me (Love on Tour, #2)
J. (Jill) Bengtsson writes contemporary novels focused on love, humor, passion, and family. Her heroines are strong, nurturing, and quirky while her heroes are what dreams are made of - gorgeous, committed, and in need of a little saving. With her novels, you will rediscover the rush and joy of falling in love.

A stay-at-home mom for twenty-one years, Jill's debut novel, Cake A Love Story, was wri

Cake (5 books)
  • Cake (Cake, #1)
  • The Theory of Second Best (Cake, #2)
  • The Newlyweds (Cake #4)
  • Rogue Wave (Cake, #5)