Start by marking “A Match for Melissa (Honor's Point #1)” as Want to Read:
A Match for Melissa (Honor's Point #1)

A Match for Melissa (Honor's Point #1)

Melissa Southwood goes along with her ambitious father’s matchmaking schemes until one event throws all into question.

Amidst balls, carriage rides, dinner parties, and danger, Melissa must navigate an arranged courtship as well as the attentions of another nobleman.

Which aristocratic suitor will win her heart?
Published July 7th 2017 by Prism Book Group

To ask other readers questions about A Match for Melissa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Match for Melissa

Sharon McGregor
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a reader of Regency romance before, but if this is a sample, I might have to change my reading habits. I really enjoyed this book. Melissa is at the age where she should be finding a husband. Her wealthy father is set to find her a suitor amongst the titled set, but his choice is not Melissa's, although she agrees to give him a chance. Will Melissa's heart and faith lead her to the right man to become her husband? I loved the period descriptions—of the clothing, the carriages and ...more
Carlene Havel
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book both surprising and delightful. First of all, the author created a group of distinctive characters who made me care what happened to them. Also, the heroine was not the typical Regency lass looking for a title at the expense of her values. Yes, she wore those yummy fashions of the day (well, who wouldn't love those hand-crafted gowns??) but she kept a level head on her shoulders through a series of exciting adventures. Melissa's father was the one bent on climbing the social la ...more
Victoria
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a determined father eager to launch Melissa into English society, her mind and heart keep drifting back to the man she nursed back to health after he’d been robbed. He can’t forget her either, but her father has accepted another man’s courtship for his daughter.

Well written and heartwarming regency. Melissa’s desire to find a man with a strong religious faith brings an uplifting meaning to the story. The novel unwinds into a delightful romantic ending.
Amber Schamel
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet story set in regency England. I appreciated the fact that Mark cared for his intended's reputation and kept things proper, which I found to be historically accurate. The story has a nice mix of characters as well.
Brenda
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Which aristocratic suitor will win her heart?

My Thoughts:

I don't read much inspirational romance so the premise of this title was somewhat surprising in the blatant Christian vein.
I had not expected a story b
Lisa
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet and highly inspirational Regency romance. Karsten’s debut shows a true enjoyment of the historical era. The story comes from the nouveau rich who desire to be part of London’s elite at any cost—marrying into it, if no other way.

Melissa visits her former companion, now serving as housekeeper to her bachelor minister brother, and comes across a wounded man. They later meet again through their mutual desire to serve others. The wounded man is none other than Lord Russell, reluctantly s
Janet
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Melissa Southwood is out walking when she stumbles across an injured man, with the help of her former governess Miss Priscilla Cleaver & Reverent Cleaver they rescue the young man Mark Russell who is the new lord of the manor. Melissa is summoned back to London by her rich merchant father where she goes along with her ambitious father’s matchmaking schemes. Amidst balls, carriage rides, dinner parties, and danger.
This was a well written Christian novel .The characters were well portrayed, th
Gina Burgess
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karsten does an excellent job with the historical part of this story. Great attention to detail. Her descriptions bring the era alive.

Characters are very well developed. Quite a good element of faith, and Melissa is adamant of marry in the faith. I found it hard to imagine that with that strong will to marry in the faith that she didn't see through several of the characters. Nonetheless, she perseveres and wins her man. Of course.

I found each page of the story to move the story along... none of
Nancy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Southwood has an ambitious father that has decided she will marry a titled gentleman. He goes about it as he does his business. Melissa goes along with it to please her father. He finds an impoverished nobleman but she can't quite come to agree to the match. In the mean time Lord Russell has decided he needs a bride and goes to London to find one. They are each looking for a mate with their values. They have met in Russelton when she saved him after a robbery. Now can they come together ...more
Barbara
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First book in the series called Honor's Point and I know I will be looking for more . Looks like this might be a new Author and if this book is anything to go by I hope she does well. The story was well written with other people in this book making it all come together as a whole.I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Susan Thomas
Christian books aren't really my genre of choice, but I could appreciate that this was well written with witty dialogue. I enjoyed it, but the quotes took me out of the story.
I received an ARC copy of this book from netgalley.
Maggie Hesseling
Honestly I did not finish this novel because of the writing style, it just wasn't for me. It felt too modern for the time in which it is written. An example of this is with the discussion regarding sanitation...not a topic for women at the time and especially not in the country, where sanitation barely existed.

It's just not the novel for me.
Irene Onorato
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan Karsten is a talented writer; a true weaver of words. A Match for Melissa was written and engaging from beginning to end. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Carrie Sue
Lotlil
Dec 12, 2017
Debbie
Jul 02, 2018
Susan Karsten lives in a small Wisconsin town, is the wife of a real estate broker and mother of three, mother-in-law to one, and grandma to two baby boys. Her hobbies include fitness (mostly jogging with her friend, Sandy and her friend's dog, Millie), quilting (definitely taking a back seat to writing), and reading.
Her love for writing developed while in college where she earned a BS degree in H