Start by marking “Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)” as Want to Read:
Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)

Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  650 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
From USA Today bestselling author Katie Reus comes the second book in the ALL NEW Redemption Harbor series where sparks fly and so do bullets…

He's a former Marine, her new fake boyfriend, and the only way to escape her dangerous past.

Published September 26th 2017 by KR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Savage Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Rising

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
DNF @ 47%

Okay...so, I feel awful for giving up on this for a couple reasons...

1) I received this as an ARC...so I can probably say goodbye to future ARCs from this publisher.
2) I love Katie Reus. Her Darkness series rocks my fucking world.

But alas, I am nothing if not always 100% honest...

And I just can't get into this series. I DNF'd book one of this too. I had hoped it was an anomaly...but obviously not.

I guess this series just isn't for me...and I can't put my finger on why. It's a great plo
Nicola
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in Katie Reus' Redemption Harbor series brings us a fast-paced romantic suspense centralising around former marine, Zac Savage and single mum with an aptitude for cracking safes, Olivia Carter.

description

This couple are pretty quick off the mark in falling for one another and falling hard, yet at the same time take their time in crossing the line treating us to plenty of build-up. However considering Zac doesnt give his heart away easily, Olivia has her little girl to consider and they're
Claire Robinson
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - She was a mission. Nothing more... Stars!

We return to Redemption Harbor for the second book in Katie Reus’ new Romantic Suspense series. Savage Rising gives us Olivia Carter’s story, oh and let’s not forget the delectably broody Zac Savage.

I am pretty sure I have said it before, and I’ll likely say it again, no one writes RS like Katie Reus, she equally nails it in the PNR genre as well, but as a reader I just know that when I sit down with one of her books (whatever the genre), it’s goi
Carolyn Reilly
Savage Rising is book two in the Redemption Harbor series and can be read as a standalone. The story is fast-paced and action-packed and the characters are intense and interesting. Zac Savage and Olivia Carter have incredible chemistry and Savage is seriously hot. I love this series!

* I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Carvanz
Wow! Just wow! This book was one high octane read! It starts off fast and furious and it doesn’t slow down.

Olivia is being threatened and manipulated into doing a job that could land her in jail and losing her daughter. In an attempt at safety she flees to Redemption to seek the help of her best friend. She finds assistance there and along with it Zac Savage. Together they enter into a world of high tech extractions and acquisitions. In other words, they’re going to make a heist.

I loved Olivia
Bev
I love it when a baddie turns good, even more so when it's the heroine! I really liked both Olivia and Savage, and when Savage went into protect at all costs alpha mode ... be still my beating heart.

For me, Resurrection was the better of the two books for me, I absolutely loved that one.

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: insta-love, safe, arc
Although a bit slow to start, this is still a highly enjoyable read. It had insta-love, action, suspense, heat and an adorable happy ending. And its Katie Reus so of course there's a crazy amount of heat too :)

In the newest edition to the Redemption Harbor series, we meet Olivia and her daughter, Valencia, who showed up last minute in book one with danger trailing in their wake.

In her younger years, Olivia used her privileged upbringing and education to stage some heists and cons with her then,
Ezinwanyi
Sophie Eastlake is one of my favorite narrators and she really gives this series an energy that is befitting such incredible writing. This audiobook doesn’t necessarily follow book 1 but I encourage everyone to read the series in order because it will give the reader a sense of the players and their history.

Zac Savage is a former marine working special contracts when he is tasked to play pretend boyfriend to Olivia Carter, who is being blackmailed to do a theft job. Olivia has a daughter Valenci
Irene

He’s a former Marine, her new fake boyfriend, and the only way to escape her dangerous past...

Savage Rising is such a good read.
The storyline was entertaining, the drama excellently done and characters that you can't help but fall in love with.
I love how Katie Reus captures your mind and heart with her words. Every page has something that keeps you turning the pages, you can't stop yourself from wanting to know what will happen next.

The Redemption Harbor series is a must read. Excelle
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Katie Reus is the Queen of romantic Suspense! She does such a good job of filling a story so full of exciting action and suspense without sacrificing the romance of the main couple. Even having a Hero who starts out in denial about his feelings for the heroine shows more romance than you can find in some books.

I love KR's Alphas. They have the protective caveman gene down pat and I love every single one she creates. Her heroines are not those silly "yes please" little girls. Her heroines are wo
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️

4 Savage Stars!!

In Savage Rising we meet Zac Savage, Olivia Carter, and Olivia’s adorable daughter Valencia. Olivia is a college friend of Skye’s (from Resurrection, book #1) who finds herself being blackmailed by a former partner in crime....literally. In Olivia’s younger years she did some illegal things, now her past has come back to haunt her. Naturally Olivia flee’s to her old friend for help and to keep her daughter safe.

photo 40212D1A-1DFC-4052-8F4E-07FFAD12F707_zpsut4pl3nz.jpeg

The chemistry between Savage and Olivia is instant, so when Savage
A Klue
Just look at that cover, folks. Doesn’t it just seem to scream, “Hold it right there, and read this book!” OK, maybe not. Likely more like, “Stick ‘em up. Hands where I can see ‘em!” Well, you might want to consider having those hands holding a copy of this new release by Katie Reus. Though not nearly as heart pounding as book 1, Resurrection, because really how you can you ever top coming back from the dead, as usual Ms. Reus does gives us a likeable main couple you will want to see get their H ...more
Kim
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars
Olivia Carter and her daughter have come to Redemption Harbor in need of help. Her past is coming back to haunt her and those she cares about are in danger. Fortunately her friend, Skye is part of a security agency there and can provide assistance. Olivia has made mistakes in the past but has already had repercussions from them, and just wants to be a good mother and provide them with a safe life.

Zac Savage is former Marine and CIA contractor who is now working with his friends at
Laurie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My first thought when I hit the end of Savage Rising was “Yeah, I’m gonna be giving this one 5 stars”. I loved it from start to finish. I never even put it down once I started it. It was packed full of suspense, intrigue, and oodles of chemistry. It has a sexy Ocean’s 11 vibe to it, except without the anti-heroes, just a group of good guys trying to protect their friend.

Olivia had made some huge mistakes early on in her adult life, mistakes she regretted. Once she found out she was pregnant she
Dísir
‘Savage Rising’ is as I expected: a thumping ride of blackmail, fast love and mowing down just a few more baddies in the fictional world along the way. But it’s also what I’ve come to expect of Katie Reus’s writing. Like many of the RS books, Reus’s recipe of suspense honed over many books is dramatic action written with gusto—the punches and kicks go flying and the guns are whipped out with alarming frequency—as characters often ill-suited to each other fall inexplicably hard, then rush to get ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Savage Rising by Katie Reus

Spy games. Sexy adventures. Dangerous occupations.
A captivating second book in the Redemption Harbor series where close friends have made a family. Where ex-spooks have created a business that protects the innocent. Where Love can be found when danger threatens.

So much fun, action, and entertainment. I can’t wait to read more of this romantic suspense series and this author.
Dawn
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a fan! This is a fantastic book and series with great characters who each have a special skill set, and I love that the women each are just as awesome in their own way.

This is Skye's friend, Olivia, and her daughter, Valencia's, story. Valencia is deaf and after making some bad choices when she was younger Olivia has decided and tried to make sure none of those affect her daughter's life. When one comes back to do just that she immediately leaves for Redemption Harbor and Skye.

Their she mee
CC

I loved the first book in the series. This one was a bit of a let down. Just not nearly as much chemistry. I liked Zac and Olivia, but the story was just not that interesting/exciting to me. Not enough kid time with Zac. Here's hoping book 3 is better!
JoRead
Second installment in the Redemption Harbor series but can be read as a standalone.

Zac and Olivia team up to bring down the man that is threatening the people Olivia loves the most. As an ex-marine an CIA contractor, Zac Savage is trained to go into the most difficult and demanding under-cover operations so it really was no problem pretending to be boyfriend to the most gorgeous woman he’s ever seen in her life. The real problem is how to pretend when there is real attraction between the two?
T
Book Him Danno
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series can be read as a stand alone but honestly you will enjoy the characters and story more if you read the first book in the series.
If you have read the author Kaite Rues this book is what you have come to expect from her series. Bad guys, blackmail, insta love, with boot kicking face punching fast pace story.
I would love to say this book surprised me but in all honestly it is very much like all of her books. The characters feel they do not deserve love find the one women they become obs
Barbara
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars!

Our return to Redemption Harbor provides another fabulous adventure as Skye’s college roommate Olivia, needs help after she and her daughter are threatened by a man from her past. Blackmailed into doing an illegal heist or risking her daughter’s life, Olivia’s only choice is to go through with the job, figure out the details, and stop him before anyone gets hurt.

Zac Savage, Redemption Harbor consultant and former Force Recon, poses as Olivia’s obsessed ex to work the heist with her. Det
Tami
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reus-katie, netgalley
4.5

Another explosive read by an amazing author. I see one of her titles pop up and it's like Christmas for me LOL. I loved reading this romantic suspense. And this cover is kind of HOT.

Rithy
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
whoooooohee! Katie has my number and oh how I love it!

fantastically sexy, hot, broody alpha male? ✔
sassy but sweet heroine? ✔
adorable baby girl you can't help but melt for? ✔
hot panty melting sex?✔✔✔
Awesome, engaging storyline that's make you read from beginning to end in one sitting? ✔✔✔

So yeah it's worth a read or 2 ❤❤
angelblue
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before, I usually prefer to read PNR or a good UF heavy on the romance. UNLESS it's a Katie Reus CR. Whenever I see her name pop up on Amazon, I know without a doubt I will have a deliciously steamy, action packed, nail biting suspenseful read in store for me. Savage Rising delivered all that (pssh... like I ever doubted it would) and then some. The plot was smoothly written and the character's were relateable and engaging. And as usual with Katie's books, I was so totally engrossed ...more
T.M. Payne
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)
Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: 9/26/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
This is book 2, and wow let me start off by saying I claim Savage. This book gives us everything you'd want in a suspense romance novel. We get the bad guys, the good guys and strong female characters.

We met Olivia back in book one and knew there was going to be trouble. Well, she brings it to her friend Skye and her crews door, and ever
Sandy S
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date September 26, 2017

Having a child changed everything for Olivia—she vowed to keep her little girl safe from the mistakes of her past. But when the most dangerous person she ever met blackmails her into doing one last heist, the world she’s so carefully built goes into a tailspin. Frantic, she heads to Redemption Harbor in search of help. Sparks fly when she meets Sava
Zita
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-arcs
Intense attraction between partners in forced crime…

This is the second book in The Redemption Harbor series that can be read as a stand-alone.

When she was young Olivia Carter got into the profession of thievery, a rebellion against emotionally non-supportive parents and she was good at what she did. A child is a huge responsibility and having one was the incentive to reform her ways. Using the skills she’d refined through illegal acts she now works for a boutique security firm helping companies
April Symes
We go back to Redemption Harbor for the 2nd book in Katie Reus’ new Romantic Suspense series. Savage Rising gives us Olivia Carter’s story and what a story it is. Olivia is being threatened and manipulated into doing a job that could put her in jail and her daughter taken from her, where she would lose custody. That scares her terribly and she flees to Redemption to seek the help of her BFF Skye who works for this security agency who can help her. Its there that she finds help and along with tha ...more
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
More about Katie Reus

Redemption Harbor (5 books)
  • Resurrection (Redemption Harbor #1)
  • Dangerous Witness (Redemption Harbor #3)
  • Innocent Target (Redemption Harbor #4)
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be