Start by marking “Clay-Stained Memories (Stained Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Clay-Stained Memories (Stained Series #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Clay-Stained Memories (Stained Series #1)

Eva Parsons, a thirty-year-old single mother, is overtaken by her past on a lonely night. Captivated by memories, she begins by recalling her first sexual encounter. Despite Eva's youth during the violation, a cruel lesson is imparted-some people just want to use you.

Her mother turns out to be one of those people. She expects her daughter to keep a dark secret inside th
Published by Leigh Clay

To ask other readers questions about Clay-Stained Memories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clay-Stained Memories

Start your review of Clay-Stained Memories (Stained Series #1)
Boyko Ovcharov
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stainless Memoir!

Nicely written, very realistic, touching on deep psychological issues. This book reads as a memoir, but is filled with both good and bad recollections, urging the lady protagonist to live on, make the right choices, raise her kids wholeheartedly.
Overall, intelligent prose combined with overt emotions and inner thoughts.
Kelly Slater
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will have to forgive me, I dont usually write reviews- I usually only rate books but I felt like this book deserved more attention then that

This book is a major departure from my usual reading (fantasy novels), but I absolutely loved the honesty of this book.

The main character Eva faces a lot of real life trials and situations that I think most readers can relate to. I know a lot of the book seems to run parallels to my own life it some way. And I appreciated that the author was honest with
Crystal Caldwell
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is one that will get into your heart, even if you don't mean for it too. It is unique and messy. I mean messy in the best sense of the word. Messy like life is messy. Pieces of this tale are unsatisfying, and sad, and make you cringe. But it's real. As real as maybe anything I've ever read.

You look at this girl, Eva, and you know from the offset she's had a rough time of it. But it doesn't prepare you for the softer side, a side that is smart and likes to read. It really makes you th
Lucie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
This was a very difficult read that left me troubled.

Having said that, it was very well written, raw and honest. Eva, the main character, has suffered trauma and has descended into a life of addiction (coke addict and alcoholism). Given it is first person POV, the novel is very dark as we witness life through her eyes... the eyes of a very troubled individual. There are also lighter moments when Eva's compassion and humanity show through.

If anything, the book captures the journey of an addict...
_Randall__flagg
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book pdf fashion through my phone..grrr...but.....what a great page turner this is..it's not a genre I'd normally delve into...but...I was far from dissapointed..well written, and overall a very pleasant reading experience...hats off to the author ms theron ..
Shannon Guarino Joseph
Captivating!!

From the first sentence, I was concerned for our protagonist, Eva. She is a delicate soul who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I couldn't put this book down until I knew Eva was okay.
I can't wait to see what this author writes in the future.
Amy Shannon
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark, Raw, but not hopeless

This book was definitely raw and filled with darkness. It was a real as it gets. The writing was tremendous and showed the emotions of the author. Eva is a strong character, but more than that, she's a person. Living with the darkness of a painful past. This books deals with violence, sexual assault, and addiction. It's not a book that everyone can read, especially those with similar experiences, but if you can open to the first page, you can finish it and you'll want
Stephanie Perry
Stacia Chappell
Shirley
Pam Mooney
Jul 03, 2017
With her debut novel, Clay-Stained Memories, which released in November 2015, Summer hopes to embark on a writing career that is filled with unicorns and cotton candy and excellent live music...Wait! That's my birthday list.

I write because I love it. I write because it's a fun challenge. I write because I want to be like my favorite authors (Margaret Atwood, Stephen King, Toni Morrison, and Khaled

News & Interviews