Start by marking “The Wedding Dress” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress

(The Wedding Collection #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  31,852 ratings  ·  2,336 reviews
Alternate cover edition for B005ENBASO

Four brides. One Dress.

A tale of faith, redemption, and timeless love.

Charlotte owns a chic Birmingham bridal boutique. Dressing brides for their big day is her gift . . . and her passion. But with her own wedding day approaching, why can't she find the perfect dress...or feel certain she should marry Tim?

Then Charlotte discovers a vin
Published June 2017 by HarperCollins Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Dress, please sign up.
Hannah i would recommend Francine Rivers to you. She's a wonderful Christian author, and has some great books. My favourite is the Mark of the Lion…morei would recommend Francine Rivers to you. She's a wonderful Christian author, and has some great books. My favourite is the Mark of the Lion trilogy-it follows a young Jewess who is a household slave to a Roman family and has to trust in God for her strength. Great series, both Christian and romance! Also A Lineage of Grace is great, too.(less)

·  31,852 ratings  ·  2,336 reviews

Sophie
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
UGH.

I did not know that this was "religious fiction," going into it. By the time I figured it out (which wasn't too long - all the characters have the same language about God and Him and churchiness) I wanted to know what happened in the end so I skimmed it. For that I give it 2 stars.

I was so disappointed that it is as religious as it is. I mean, why ruin a decent story? It's one thing if religion is specific to a character. If that's who they are, fine. Details like that add to dimension and
Jenn O'Brien
As a whole, this was a good story, I liked the characters (especially in 1912) and I liked the concept of figuring out the history of the wedding dress; but somewhere along the line, I think this book suffers from a little bit from identity crisis. It cannot figure out if it wants to be a mystery, a contemporary romance, a historical romance, a Christian fiction, a supernatural fantasy, or commentary on social inequality. It felt like too many cooks adding an ingredient to the pot and you turn o ...more
Katie
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First posted on my blog, Legacy of a Writer.

I was blown away by this beautiful, awe-inspiring tale of one dress that spans—and impacts—the lives of four special women. The Wedding Dress revolves around Charlotte Malone and her discovery of the dress within an old, beaten trunk…and the path down memory lane that it took her on.

While Charlotte was the main character this story revolved around, there were a lot of other central characters as well. And while one might think that this would get confu
Deanne Patterson
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-copy
Wow,this book was mystical,magical,sweet,sassy,spunky,redeeming and it felt like fairy dust was sprinkled within the pages. I absolutely loved it!
Erin
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

What if one wedding dress found its way to four different women over a hundred year period? How would it get to them? What kind of women would they be? How would their love stories end? Is it possible for the dress to fit them all? Rachel Hauck provides a modern day Christian romance that made me believe in the magic of this story. A totally endearing story from beginning to end.
Abbi
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, this book!!!!! This is officially one of my all time favorite books!
Full review here: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspo...
Kimberly
May 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Obsidian
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
My own fault for buying this book without double-checking the genre. I have to be in the mood to read Christian romance. Most of it doesn't float my boat at all. This one was distracting with the asides to prayers and seeking out God. It didn't feel organic to the story at all. Coupled with two boring characters with the same voice I was not in the mood to continue the book.

The characters I read were Charlotte (present day character) and Emily (living in 1912) taking place in Birmingham.

I think
Casey
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Wedding Dress” belongs in a league completely its own, with a tapestry of love stories that will, as the cover endorsement so perfectly stated “leave you breathless.”

I was easily impressed with this novel. Four women. Four generations. Four love stories. One dress. The story has a tinge of the ethereal, but what’s the point of fiction if you can’t enjoy the chance to make a story capture the light of the impossible?

With four stories to weave into one, I thought parts of the plot would fee
Roxanne
Dec 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I blame myself for this one. I jumped into this because I saw it was on sale for the Nook, checked Goodreads and the rating was fairly high, and thought the plot looked interesting. If I had researched a bit more, I would have probably discovered that this was VERY religious in nature and wasn't at all the historical fiction that I thought it was going to be. This read like a Duggar wrote it and I don't mean that in a good way at all. I'm not against Christian novels when they are presented that ...more
Gwendolyn Gage
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: almost-favorites
This charming romance blends both Contemporary and Historical through unique characters spanning a hundred years. Meet Charlotte, a wedding boutique owner who takes pride and pleasure in helping brides find that special dress that will make them feel like a princess on their wedding day, but flounders when it comes to her own upcoming wedding. Meet Emily, a suffrage supporter trying to please her family and society, and losing her identity, freedom, and shot at happiness in the process.

The Weddi
Staci
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Beautiful story.

Main character Charlotte is living in today's world with all its modern conveniences and technology. Secondary character Emily lived during the early 1900s. Despite the large time span, both women went through a journey to find their true love. The wedding dress that bound Charlotte and Emily together was a representation of God's love. This was a lovely novel about love. A perfect Valentine Month read.

My gratitude to the author for an autographed copy of The Wedding Dress. I was
Lan
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some caveats before I get into the meat of this review:
1) I am a Christian and I knew this was Christian Fiction going in.
2) I usually hate this kind of Christian Romance fiction.
3) I received this as a gift and was repeatedly asked about it and therefore obligated to read it.
4) I probably would have given this book a 2.5 if there was an option for that. It just depends what you're into.

I'll start with the negative: this book was about what I expected. To me, Christian fiction seems to be one of
Glenajo
Brought Me to Tears

Charlotte owns a wedding dress boutique, and has a true gift for finding the perfect dress for every bride that comes her way, that is except herself. Somehow, she just cannot move forward with her wedding plans, so she visits a local historical estate for peace and quiet, but instead discovers they are having an antique sale to raise money for the foundation. She finds herself bidding on a trunk, then discovers that it holds a beautiful wedding gown, thus she begins a journey
Karina
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really liked this book!! I was surprised I found myself wanting to read it considering some of the reviews. IDK why ppl are saying it is really preachy Christian. I didn't feel it was come to Jesus!! at all. I'm a Christian but it is not really my reading genre. This was a sweet feel good story about a girl with a broken heart and no family. It really was sisterhood of the traveling pants (insert wedding dress) through 100 yrs kind of story. I finished it with a smile on my face. :) Yes ...more
Stefanie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so very much loved this beautiful story. The back and forth between the present and the past of 1912 made the story that much sweeter.
I haven't read anything by Rachel Hauck before, but she penned this story beautifully. I'd definitely read more from her!
A wedding dress tying four women together over a span of 100 years. Definitely a tale worth reading!
Kathy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
4.5 Highly Recommend

Content: Clean, Christian fiction but not overly preachy
Melody
Loved it!

There is so much I loved about this book. First, I really enjoyed the dual timeline. It was so well done and kept the suspense going for both stories. I also loved how the characters didn't talk the same way depending on the era. The dialogues felt appropriate for the time period. It's one of my favorite aspects about The Wedding Dress, because I really felt like I travelled back in time every time the story would jump back to 1912.

I also really appreciated that Charlotte was smart. I'v
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing love story

I know this book has not been release yet, but I had won a copy of it on facebook and the minute I got it I could not put it down. The book is not just about a wedding dress but about a love story and how four amazing lives were touched by a dress. The story also talks about the struggle of a each young women trying to make a choice that will impact there lives as well as the lives of others around them. God uses a time in each young women's life to show his love for them, t
Beth Vogt
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Rachel Hauck's novel The Wedding Dress from the opening line and finished reading the last page with tears in my eyes. I'd anticipated reading this book for many months, and Hauck didn't disappoint me. She seamlessly wove together the stories of 4 women who are brought together by one wedding dress. Throughout the novel, Hauck highlights the importance of love, faith, choices, freedom and family. Hauck skillfully handles multiple POVs--and just when I'd decide which character ...more
Courtney
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This novel was absolutely amazing. The way that two different timelines wound together to create one story was beautiful and very easy to follow. Normally this particular type of novel doesn't appeal to me, but I must make an exception this time. You will not be sorry for reading this book, it is absolutely worth your time.
Charlene
3.5 sweet stars!

A light and sweet story that follows the history of a 100 year old wedding dress and four brides.

Overall I enjoyed this story of freedom, redemption and faith. It was sweet and I liked that it was set in the present and past.

The reason for the low rating is that I found it a little strange in places and the attempt to link with the gospel didn’t work for me as I think it crossed the line of magic rather than supernatural.

I read this book along side the audio which was narrate
Jelena Milenković

Would’ve given it 3 stars for the story is quite interesting but the writing and the characters that were all alike and rather 2-dimensional decided against it. Well that, and the poor translation.
Cecelia
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does an old wedding dress, a man dressed in purple and two engaged women have in common? Those elements have a lot in common in this book! Engaged, Charlotte has yet to find the perfect wedding dress for her upcoming nuptials. She and her fiancé, Tim, have not even mailed out their wedding invites. When Charlotte purchases an old wedding dress at auction, her whole world changes as she goes on a quest to find out the former owners.
Emily’s story (one of the former wedding dress owners) is se
Kalena
3.5*** This is the third book I have read by Rachel Hauck. I really wanted to like this book more! My favorite characters were Taffy Hayes, Mary Grace, Dixie, and Tim--the secondary characters' storylines were the most interesting to me. The supernatural elements were a bit much in my opinion and I openly admit that I am not much into wedding dresses either. Narrator was very good. Honestly, I read this one because I enjoyed Once Upon a Prince. I am finding that I enjoy every other book by this ...more
Jodi
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Her lips covered his, light and trembling at first, then with growing confidence and passion as he drew her into himself and poured his love into her."

I wasn't sure what to expect with this novel. The cover drew me in, the synopsis sounded enjoyable. At times it did get a little confusing keeping track of all of the characters from different eras, but all in all I enjoyed it.

****This is where I wish there were 1/2 stars. I would go with a 3.5****
Sally Whiteside
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know this was a religious romance book but hey it grabbed me enough and kept me intrigued. It wasn't over the top on the religion which I thought was great for me and my liking. I loved the story line and the fabulous characters. This was a pleasure to read and not gonna be my last by a long shot. Splendid!!
Jessica Gillies
Sisterhood of the travelling wedding dress?
Interesting read, I had difficulty telling the characters apart at some points but that was likely because I listened on audio and therefore wasn't as focused. Personally I preferred the author's Once Upon A Prince series but also enjoyed this, especially the historical fiction aspects.
Kelsey Hanson
While this may not take the prize of worst book I've read this year (A Whole New World by Liz Braswell still narrowly holds that position), this one is a STRONG second place. Get comfortable folks this could be a doozy.

I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like this book once I realized that it was a Christian fiction book (somehow I didn't pick up on that when I read the back of the book). I really hate that so many books in this genre come wrapped in a historical fiction package.

A few notes

Chapters: 27
Pages: 343
Genre: Christian fiction, Christian chick lit
Rating: 5 stars
Charlotte owns a bridal boutique she loves helping brides but can’t bring herself to plan her own wedding. Charlotte and Tim had a whirl wind relationship that ended in an engagement after only a few months. Charlotte ends up buying an old trunk at an estate sell that has a

• By the Light of the Silvery Moon
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • Winter in Full Bloom
  • Baroness (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Rebellious Heart
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
  • Maid to Match
  • The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
  • A Lasting Impression (Belmont Mansion, #1)
  • Always the Baker, Finally the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #4)
  • The Irish Healer
  • The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance, #2)
  • Queen of the Waves (American Tapestries)
  • Into the Free (Into the Free #1)
  • The Guardian Duke (Forgotten Castles #1)
  • There You'll Find Me
  • Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii
  • Made to Last (Where Love Begins, #1)
New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

A RITA finalist and winner of Romantic Times Inspirational Novel of the Year, and Career Achievement Award, she writes vivid characters dealing with real life issues.

Her book, Once Upon A Prince, was made into an original Hallmark movie.

She loves to hear from readers. She also love

The Wedding Collection (3 books)
  • The Wedding Chapel