Start by marking “Rogue of the Highlands (Rogue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue of the Highlands (Rogue, #1)

Rogue of the Highlands

(Rogue #1)

She must tame a Highland barbarian…before he steals her heart.

Rogue, Book 1

With the death of her elderly husband, the Marquess Newburn, Jillian Alton is relieved that she will never have to endure another forced marriage. Until his long-lost son reappears to claim his title and holdings.

Left penniless, Jillian reluctantly accepts a tidy sum from the Prince of Wales to “
Published June 26th 2017 by Entangled: Select Historical (first published October 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue of the Highlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue of the Highlands

Start your review of Rogue of the Highlands (Rogue, #1)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: 'Rogue of the Highlands' by Cynthia Breeding Rogue of the Highlands by Cynthia Breeding My rating: 4 of 5 stars 3.5 Stars'Rogue of the Highlands' by Cynthia Breeding is book One in the "Rogue"series. This is the story of Lady Jillian Newburn and Ian MacLeod . This book was first published in 2012 and is now being released again. Jillian has suffered harshly from the men in her life. From her father who 'sold' her to a husband that abused her physically and mentally. Now Jillian ...more
Space Cowgirl
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wee Bit of Faerie Magic Saves The Day!

Jillian was married to an old, mean Marquess, Rufus, but not for long. He died, and she was put under the protection of his adult son, Wesley, her step son. The Prince Regent wants her to also see that, Ian MacLeod, a Scottish Laird, learns to mingle with the ton, and find an English wife. He has inherited an English title, so he must act like an Englishman.

When Ian shows up in his kilt, plaids and claymore sword, Jillian realizes she has a big job ahead
Deborah Roussety
Great read
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Rogue of the Highlands by Cynthia Breeding was published in 2012 and is now being re-released. The heroine, Jillian, has long suffered at the hands of the men in her life. Her father basically “sold” her to a much older and abusive husband. When he passes, Jillian is determined to regain control of her life. She longs to buy back her family home, launch her younger sister into society, and live the rest of her life in
Linda
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The blurb is a very good prognosis of the story which had me turning pages till the end. Very well written & I totally loved both Jillian and Ian.

Ian is my idea of the perfect Highland hero. Strong, protective, loyal. Earthly and without pretension, he has no time for the hypocrisy of the English ton and their simpering debutantes. Jillian while proper is nowhere like the worthless, artificial young ladies. She is intelligent, compassionate and caring.

There were so many little touches in the
Maggie Whitworth
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was great , so descriptive and adventurous, I loved every page .
Ian was how I expected a braw highlander to be , stubborn, protective, a bit obnoxious, humorous , lovable , over sexed , and not scared of anyone or anything .
Jillian the typical English Lady , proper , opinionated, non rule breaking, big sister.
Together they were perfect .
I received an advanced copy of this book and chose to submit a review
Cheryl
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very entertaining read. I loved the connection between the two main characters, Jillian and Ian and there were a number of laugh out loud moments. There is also a despicable villain on the scene with treacherous intent. There is also a magical element in the story. The settings are in England and the Highlands, so there is a balance of how some of the English and Scots felt about each other.
Brittany
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This was definitely interesting. The book definitely makes your hate the men in Jillians life. They were all jerks. I did not care for any of them including Ian. Ian was so involved with what he wanted he didn't stop to think about what Jillian needed.
Tammy
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this historical read. Ian and Jillian are great characters with great chemistry and the story has plenty of suspense and drama to hold your interest throughout. It really draws you in and takes you back in time. A very entertaining read.
Annette
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ROGUE OF THE HIGHLANDS : is a great read. It has everything you want, romance, humor, a wonderful hero and a mistreated heroine who needs his gentle touch. Really good repartee as well.
Carole Burant
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such an enjoyable story and there were so many instances where the hero made me giggle with his antics, I loved it!! Highly recommend.
Morgan
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Was not exciting and did not keep my interests.
Michelle's Galaxy
Great book

The characters are wonderful, the plot very interesting. I had a hard time putting it down! You won't be disappointed.
Jocelyn
So this one was almost a DNF... I managed to get to the end of it but Hoo Boy... what a story...

First, I did like Ian, although I think he was an idiot at times (**cough cough, mistaking another woman for the one you love... cough!) I liked the brash Highlander who wouldn't necessarily conform to the English Aristocracy. But he had honor and I'm glad that he and Jillian got their happily ever after after all.

Jillian's character was ok.. I liked her and I loved that she stuck up for her horses
Gail
Can't finish this one. History's bad-and it's trying to be a spy story. And the writing is not what I'm in the mood for. Too much focus on sex and how beautiful everyone is, especially the hero and heroine. Also, the villain is over the top and I don't particularly like reading the villain's point of view. My own particular preferences. The actual writing is well crafted. If this is what you're looking for, you'll probably like it.
Jillian
I love a book with the refining-the-highlander plot!
shirley kretzschmar
Kathleen Hettle
Sep 30, 2018
Maria Dariotis
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great fast paced read, Ian and Jillian had amazing chemistry plenty of intrigue keep the pages flying. A loathsome villain keep things interesting. This was my first ever read from Cynthia Breeding and i will be looking into the rest of her books.
I recieved a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This is my honest unbiased opinion.
Jemma
rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Wolf of Kisimul Castle (Highland Isles, #3)
  • Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #1)
  • When a Warrior Woos a Lass (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 6)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Highlander's Stolen Love: A Medieval Scottish Historical Highland Romance Book
  • Highlander's Lionheart: A Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Claimed by a Highlander (The Douglas Legacy, #2)
  • Three Abductions and an Earl (Parvenues & Paramours, #1)
  • Chained By The Fierce Highlander: A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Darling Duke (Heart's Temptation #6)
  • Journey to the Highlands (Clan Grant, #4)
  • The Seduction of Emily
  • What a Woman Desires
  • Her One True Love
  • Betting the Scot
  • Beware the Rich Man (Rich Man | Poor Man | Beggar Man | Thief #1)
  • A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3)
  • A Protector in the Highlands
An avid reader of anything medieval, Cynthia Breeding has taught the traditional Arthurian legends to high school sophomores for fifteen years. She owns more than three hundred books, fictional and non-fictional, on the subject. More information on Arthur, Gwenhwyfar and Lancelot can be found on the Historical Account link.

In addition, she has won numerous awards including the Holt Medallion,

Rogue (6 books)
  • Rogue of the Isles (Rogue, #2)
  • Rogue of the Borders (Rogue, #3)
  • Sister of Rogues (Rogue, #4)
  • Rogue of the High Seas (Rogue, #5)
  • Rogue of the Moors (Rogue, #6)