Start by marking “Obey (His Command, #1)” as Want to Read:
Obey  (His Command, #1)

Obey

(His Command #1)

In the dim lights of Aurora’s premier kink club waits for an alpha eager to take control.

Billionaire Crawford Daniels has bedded submissives before, but he’s never given one his collar. That privilege is reserved for the man who’s strong-willed enough to tell him, no, but whose pretty lips always say yes. Crawford wants more than a pet—he wants a partner. Someone to pampe

Published June 26th 2017 by LoveLight Press

Start your review of Obey (His Command, #1)
Gerbera_Reads
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

The book was an okay read. I love omegaverse. This promised to be a good book after reading the blurb. Owen, the counselor, at first appeared to be very unsure of himself, second guessing himself and his feelings.

Daniel, the swanky millionaire is poised and self confident. They feel the connection between them right away. It promises to be great romance and hot encounters. But it starts to drag for so long, and when finally they get to the bedroom, there are so many pages of it that I
annob
Aug 01, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: fiction
Dnf @ 32%

Reading the blurb I thought the mix of an ABO universe with BDSM kink would be right up my alley, but it turned out to be exactly the opposite.

On top of that, the way the characters and their actions were written came across as stilted. Which in a way makes sense for a debut—since this apparently was the first book written by a single author under the pen name Piper Scott, rather than the three anonymous writers the name had consisted of earlier.
Trio
Best thing about Obey is the world Piper Scott builds, there are some unique twists and very specific ideas I really like. Of course there's terrific chemistry between the main characters and the D/s relationship is nicely done.

Michael Dean does a wonderful job infusing emotion into these guys, especially Owen.
Theresa
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very unique Omegaverse story. Two progressive men, an Alpha and an omega, go into a BDSM relationship as equals. The Alpha was reported to be an experienced Dom. He talked about training the omega as his sub. The book covered almost a year of their relationship. Surprisingly, there weren't any play scenes. There was only a punishment scene. The obvious was totally missed by the author and the editor. What a bummer. Thus, my low rating. ...more
haletostilinski
Not as great a reading for my sophomoric venture with this author, but some I feel can be forgiven because it's relatively short - so a lot was skipped forward, very fast paced near the middle to end - and it was probably one of Scott's first (all their works have been published only since 2017, basically, so a relatively new author) but with the first book of this author's I read, which I really liked, I think the author can only improve from here.

Also, this does have mpreg, so if you don't li
Kyuteepie
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it

Sometimes a cheesy, kinky love story is the best after a bad day.
Courtney Bassett
A really unique and wonderful take on Alpha/omega and D/s

Someone recommended this book to me, saying that the Alpha/Dom was unusually respectful of the omega/submissive, and they were absolutely right. He wasn't weak or indecisive by any means, but he made it clear that the omega had his own freewill and choice, and never made him feel like a lesser person. He made it clear that he'd rather pleasure than punish, though both types of encounters were sizzling hot.

I still haven't read a lot of A/o
Candice
Meh. I didn't really care for Owen wanting equality and then giving into Crawford's demands so easily. I mean, there was no resistance whatsoever. I have friends that are the strongest people I know and yet are subs. It's not that I don't understand, it's Owen's past and what he does for a living that had me pondering his decisions. I didn't buy the lack of resistance.

(view spoiler)
AussieMum
DNF 77%
The world building here was interesting but the relationship development was a little boring. There's no real tension. No excitement. Owen, the omega activist, all but looks in the alpha's direction and forgets everything he's fought years for.

Plus, there's no real kink. There's (view spoiler)Having so much stuff off-page was disappointing a
Rachel Emily
Michael Pauley is the perfect voice for this series, and I really enjoyed his narration for this story.

I thought I had reviewed this one already, but I didn't. I love this series, I thought this one starting things off for the series was a bit short and skipped over so much of their time together, but overall I enjoyed Crawford and Owen together.

I received an audiobook copy in exchange for an honest review.
Mimi
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Taylor | LostinReadingRomance
So I liked it but it needed more. I needed more connection and I needed more pages for the story to unfold.

If I keep going with the series I might switch to audio because Michael Dean can add to the experience.
Zoe
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Didn't manage to finish.

I don't often write reviews and even rare for me is not finishing a book, I may force myself to finish in the future but right now I am quite irritated by the first 40%.
What attracted me to this book was a story of a man who fights against a culture of discrimination against omegas and forges a life for himself helping other omegas who have been abused and neglected. I was intrigued by Owens past which left him injured internally and was looking forward to a tender and lo
Kendra T
I wanted to love this. I really did. The Omega universe was well written, and I loved how Owen was a counselor for Omega rights. He really believed that Omega's should have choice and be their own person. Loved this about him, and also about Crawford who agreed even though he was an Alpha. So why 3 stars? well, I think I was just looking for a bit more romance to the story. The premise is set up pretty well that Omega's should have rights, but they should also be able to let their guard down and ...more
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars!
SoCalBookReviews
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic all the way through. The only thing I felt disappointed about was that the ending was a little abrupt for my taste. I just wanted more of these guys. This book was the perfect amount of Sweet and Hot with a bit dirty added in. The scenes between Owen and Crawford were Hot and I loved that Crawford was able to get Owen to open up and be himself and let loose after the trauma of his past. Loved this book and I hope we get the rest of this series in Audio

Audio - Once again M
Myriam
Mar 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book is a case of one missed opportunity after another. As the author states on her website she had "Omegaverse plot bunnies" that led to this series of books. After reading this I have to ask where exactly. You could strip the a/b/o aspects out, come up with another handwavy explanation for the mpreg and this story would still be same run-of-the-mill verging on boring Romance it presents as now.

The kink is so mild that it really doesn't need the BDSM label. A little chastity, a few visits
Mirjam
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok

“I’m a slave to your word.”

The story is set in the city Aurora where Owen Ellis works as a counsellor at the Stonecrest Omega Rehabilitation Center.
The Center was founded by omega Daniels, Crawford's father.

When Crawford meets Owen, there is an instant connection between them, Crawford was smitten

I understand that this is a short novella, but still things developed very fast. Like the collar after the first date and the cock cage after the second date. I was looking forward to a bit more B
Fallon
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Ended at 17% I could already tell that the S in this tale was a contradiction and the D was overly confident.
K.M. Neuhold
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Hot!

super hot, just wished it was longer! Great characters, great story. BDSM was very light but well done. Looking forward to checking out more from this author
Nora Phoenix
I like M/M, I love paranormal, and I appreciate BDSM. You’d think that Obey would be a no-brainer, then, but it didn’t quite live up to my expectations.

First of all, Obey is too short to fully flesh out characters. To be fair, it’s presented as a novella, so it’s not like the author deceive us. Still, in a novel this short, character development is limited and that affects our emotional involvement as readers.

The story is set in Aurora, and apparently omegas have been abused and need rescuing, b
Jammie Bebout
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having never read this author before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say that I was definitely not disappointed. The plot was interesting, the writing impressive, and the characters complex and well thought out. Authentic and engaging, these characters completely draw you into the story, and you just can't help but become invested in their lives. These two beautiful men, one slightly broken but resilient, the other confident yet compassionate, come together as one in this stunning p ...more
Bea
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I felt like we learned too little of the main characters, and as such it was hard to feel invested in the story at all. It seemed to me that the romance took a secondary role when compared to the BDSM elements of the story, which is fine and all, but it really didn't seem like the characters were in love anyway, with the way their relationship was written. There was a lot more telling than showing here.

Easy read, but it's still not something I'd readily recommend to anyone who's looking for ligh
Amber
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Obey by Piper Scott. It was well written and nicely edited. The characters were nicely developed. I loved Crawford and Owen. They were great together even if Crawford manipulated Owen at the beginning of their relationship to get him to where he wanted Owen to be. In the end, it all worked out beautifully, and both Owen and Crawford got their HEA. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
dbbks3
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting concept

3 1/2 stars. I loved the cover.

My first read of a story set in this world of Alphas and Omegas. I loved the emotional caring relationship between the two hot MCs. I wish their story could been longer. I wanted more. I did not like the use of the phrase "piss slit".
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sexy and oh so hot! I loved Crawford and Owen's story. This is an M/M romance with Mpreg, and I loved how sweet and dominating Crawford was with Owen. And the ice cube is definitely a kindle-melting scene! The descriptions were so visceral and heart-felt. I absolutely loved it! I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ...more
~nikki the recovering book addict
Obey? Yes, of course!

This was a lovely read! The series really is getting better and better. It’s interesting to see how Owen comes to terms with being a sub when he’s an Omega counsellor, helping to rehabilitate abused omegas to understand their worth. So that was a bit of a juxtaposition but a really interesting one to see unfold. It was also very sweet!!
Tiaesha Inabinett
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Blah

This story had no real depth. It seemed to have no plot and when the story seemed to get good it ended. I wish she would have focused more on Owens issue with fertility and the pregnancy than the bill up to the relationship.
I am not sure if I will read anything else by this author.
PS. The BDSM sex scenes we ok.
Rachwithheadinabook
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Should he obey?

Obey is a good mpreg story which has an alpha/omega dynamic.
Owen is the omega who believe himself to be broken by his past, he meets Crawford who is an alpha that wants him so Owen has a choice whether to carry on as he was or to Obey.
Kim
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alpha Obey

Love the start to this series and I can't wait to see what's next.
Owen, an Omega carrying a secret and a distrust for doctors meets an Alpha, Crawford, who changes his whole world.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Expensive
  • Dear Daddy, Please Love Me (Naughty or Nice, #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Daddy's Bite
  • Dear Daddy, Please Hold Us (Naughty or Nice, #3)
  • The Accidental Everything (Nerds Who Knot #1)
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • Lucien (The Marchesi Family, #1)
  • Collaring Chaz (Dante's Infernal #2)
  • Daddy Wanted (Rent-a-Dom #1)
  • Taming Dante (Dante's Infernal #1)
  • Omega: The Complete Series (Evan's Alphas, #1)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Something About Loren
  • Dear Daddy, Please Spank Me (Naughty or Nice #2)
  • A Pebble for Lewis (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice #5)
  • A Home for Ben (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #3)
Piper Scott debuted as a trio of authors looking to write together for fun. Their collaboration led to three novella-length books (Love Me, Save Me, and Keep Me,) before life sent them in different directions, leaving just one author with an omegaverse plot bunny that wouldn’t leave her alone. Obey was born several months later… but the plot bunny never left—it multiplied.

Left to her own devices,

His Command (5 books)
  • Beg  (His Command, #2)
  • Stay  (His Command, #3)
  • Heal (His Command #4)
  • Breathe (His Command #5)