Start by marking “Honest Intentions (Safeguard, #5)” as Want to Read:
Honest Intentions (Safeguard, #5)

Honest Intentions

(Safeguard #5)

USA Today Bestselling Author Kennedy Layne continues the Safeguard Series with this fast-paced romantic suspense novel that leads the SSI team on the trail of a serial killer who continually seems to be one step ahead…

Coen Flynn has always done the right thing, even it meant siding against his own family. His sense of justice was what led him to take a job in law
Published September 19th 2017 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Honest Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honest Intentions

Start your review of Honest Intentions (Safeguard, #5)
Coco.V
Jun 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (6/1/2019)! ...more
Steph
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 ice cold stars for HONEST INTENTIONS!

After finding her friend's dead body during a Colorado snowstorm, Brettany Lambert is completely devastated. She's so glad that state police investigator Coen Flynn is on the case. Coen hates lying to Brett, but she can't know that he's part of Safeguard Security and Investigations, the group tasked with locating and apprehending serial killer Shepherd Moss, the man he's certain had everything to do with her friend's death. Coen is sure that Brett could be
Behind Closed Doors Book Review

Amount of sex 1 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5
Review: When it's cold and you're trapped having a hot guy protect you is pretty cool! The book is set first at a mountain retreat for the wedding of Brittany's friends. Something bad then happens (I don't want to spoil it because what makes the book great is its surprises and shocks). Brittany meets Coen who is set to protect her. Cupcakes and tea bring this couple closer with a lot of thrilling twist in turns.

I read Honest
Mari
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017reads, arcs
This is my first book by Kennedy Layne while probably not the smartest idea to jump in mid series I think I caught up ok though I don't know the nitty gritty of the ongoing investigation. It runs on a bigger scope the search for a serial killer on the loose. This particular installment may or not be separate yet to be determined if it has an effect on the whole picture. It ticks all the things I like about romantic suspense, story, action and the banter. In this case a strong silent hero and a ...more
Kari Hansen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adam is the photographer who will take any risk to get the perfect picture and that is how his latest escapade has landed him in the hospital under the care of Alex his sexy nurse.

Alex has everything money can buy however due to a tragic incident ten years ago she has spent every day since then trying to make amends to her mother for something that wasn’t her fault.

From the moment he met Alex his feelings for her were something he had never felt before and he knew that they belonged together.
Joanne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good series

I’m really enjoying this series. It’s full of suspense and intrigue. When each of the SSI agents find love it’s because of a serial killer who’s targeting innocent victims. This book was no exception. I can’t wait for the conclusion to this story
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honest Intentions by Kennedy Layne
“protector turned lover, 5 stars”

This is my second read of Layne’s and once again I highly enjoyed it. I was taken on this murder suspense mystery and in the end got some answers. If you’ve read any of this series before you know they are on the hunt for a serial killer who escaped from prison. Well that still stands even by the end of this story, but you do meet a new murderer. I honestly didn’t see what happened happening before it did.
Coen is ex-military and
Davia
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I was not sure I was going to like Coen. But as it turned out I liked him a lot. He is kind of uptight and rigid until finally he losens up as he lets Brett in a little. The search for Moss continues and becomes closer to SSI. I am so excited to see what happens next Loved Kaylea! Write on.
KnottyGirl Reviews
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honest Intentions is the fifth book in Kennedy’s sexy and suspenseful Safeguard series, about a group of ex-military men who have been brought together by Townes Calvert. For those of you who haven’t been following along in this incredible series, this is the series description…

“ Safeguard Security & Investigations (SSI) is owned and operated by Townes Calvert, a retired Marine Gunnery Sergeant who returned home to the States a bit more damaged than he'd care to admit. Not that anyone could
Ashley Jasper
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
What rock have I been living under? I mean how is Honest Intentions the first book I've ever ready from Kennedy Layne?!? Especially since romantic suspense is my absolute favorite type of book to read. I will say that since this is the first book in the series I read, it was a hair confusing at first to keep all the players and terms straight. But once I got into the guts of the book, it all flowed together and made sense. Holy chilling intensity! I was guessing whodunit from page one.

When what
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
This was my first venture into Kennedy Layne’s writing and I’m kicking myself for not diving in sooner. Without knowing the back history from the other books, it took me a few chapters to get completely invested. Once I was though, I was all in!

Safeguard Security & Investigations (SSI) are hunting a serial killer who escaped from federal prison. When Brettany’s friend ends up dead, it is unclear whether she was another victim of the serial killer or if there’s another killer to watch out
A
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kennedy Layne wrote another great book! Honest Intentions keeps following the story of the psychotic serial killer, Shepherd Moss, and the awesome alpha men of the private investigations company SSI. Honest Intentions is Coen's story, and he meets his match in Brettany Lambert. I love watching the strong female characters take on the men, and there are lots of serious and funny moments in the book. The other investigators pop in to help and harass each other. Coen and Brettany get their happily ...more
Leah Keys
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book five of the Safeguard Series. Coen is on the hunt for an escaped serial killer and he is watching over Brettany in case she is the next target. When Brettany’s friend ends up dead they don’t know if she was mistaken for Brettany or if there another killer on the loose. Brettany is not looking for a relationship but when she lets Coen close to protect her will she be able to protect her heart? Will tough ex-military Coen fall for this sweet, All American teacher? Full of twists and ...more
Pamela Greving
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Coen has been put on detail to protect Brettany Lambert after her named popped up on a list of possible victims of Shepard Moss. After a murder at a wedding Brettany was attending, Coen's cover gets blown. When it is believed that one of Brettany's friends murdered Heidi, Coen insists on not leaving her side. This puts them in close quarters which makes their feeling heat right up.

I really liked Honest Intentions. I have read other books in the Safeguard Series and enjoyed those as well. I like
Allena
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A suspenseful, page turning 5 Star read with wonderful characters and a few twists and turns. An amazing addition to the SSI series that any suspense lover will enjoy.

Coen Flynn, operative for SSI, has been tasked with keeping Brettany Lambert safe from serial killer Shepherd Moss.For the last month he has been discreetly keeping tabs on her while keeping an eye out for the sadistic killer.

While the other members of his team think the serial killer is nowhere near Coen’s gut is telling him
Ellen White
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Brettany was going to the wedding as a guest, being held up the mountains. A scheduled place, even more so when she stumbles upon a woman that was murdered. Because of the snow it hampers there investigation. Who they though and who it is, it is like a cat and mouse game. With the snow storm halting much progress. This one seemed to drag and couldn’t get into as like I have her other book. Didn’t like the.shorten name of Brett keep thinking it was a guy, but knew the killer was after another ...more
Jacqueline
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brettany Lambert is a small town teacher whose live is turned upside down when her friend is murdered...

Coen Flynn works for the SSI team, and has been protecting Brettany from a serial killer, but is it the right killer?

A great book with intrigue and thrills galore. Brettany seems like a perfect person, and Coen is her dark side.

I loved the book, it perhaps isn't a full blown romance but there is definitely a romance element.

Not a sizzler but a great read and a change from the average romance.
Poppy
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of Security delivers again.

Coen is up and I wasn't disappointed in he and Brett's Turk. Coen is the alpha male all wrapped up.

As Moss's twisted,evil game ups it's ante there's another two deaths and they are well constructed.

I could gush and gush but won't give anything away.

CAN'T wait for Towne's book
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We are getting closer to the serial killer. Seems he is always one step ahead of our team. What we think is the serial killer's MO is actually a farce. Not only are we surprised to find out who this killer is and why we are also surprised by the guy that is so much worse sneaking in.
Toi
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

This book brings us Coen and Brettany who he's been assigned to protect and/or watch out for from a distance - what happens when a line gets crossed and he has to step out of the shadow.
April
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful

On the hunt for a serial killer the team of SSI agents find love with the ones they are sent to protect. Great characters and a storyline that has it all ,love suspense and murder! Kennedy's done it again.
Nancy L Brockman
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kennedy writes a good mystery. Can't wait until the next book comes out.
Beverly NURBIN
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

I wanted to put the book down. Too gruesome....but I couldn't. Very well written. Loved the main characters. They didn't want to get involved.
Shey Houston
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing series!

From the first book to the 5th, this series keeps you on the edge of your seat. Reading all 5 books in under 3 days now waiting anxiously for book 6!!!!!
Susan Jordens
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My goodness what an incredible and nail biting story. Such suspense,action and intriguing build up as the story unfolds. It was interesting reading of the developing attraction between the two main characters . I highly recommend this to you.y
Verna ONeil
Judy Schoepf
Aug 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Jax (Titan #9)
  • Fractured Honor (Crimson Point, #1)
  • Forsaken Duty (Red Team #9)
  • Cabin 2 (Steele Shadows Security #2)
  • Cabin 1 (Steele Shadows Security #1)
  • Strike Fast (DEA FAST #4)
  • Hot Pursuit (Black Knights Inc., #11)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
  • Something in the Heir (It's Reigning Men #1)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • Justice for Erin (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #9)
  • Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)
  • Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas, #1)
  • Her Devoted HERO (Black Dawn, #2)
  • Destruction (Dogs of War, #2)
  • Deadly Creed (Red Team #8)
  • Retribution (The Dogs of War, #3)
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her ...more

Safeguard (6 books)
  • Brutal Obsession (Safeguard, #1)
  • Faithful Addiction (Safeguard #2)
  • Distant Illusions (Safeguard, #3)
  • Casual Impressions (Safeguard, #4)
  • Deadly Premonitions (Safeguard, #6)