Start by marking “Baby Feminists” as Want to Read:
Baby Feminists

Baby Feminists

An irresistible timely lift-the-flap board book featuring lush illustrations of your favorite feminist icons as adorable babies!

Before Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mae Jemison, Frida Kahlo, and others were change-making feminists, they were . . . babies! In this board book that's perfect for budding feminists, lift the flap to discover what these iconic figures might have looked l
Board book, 24 pages
Published October 2nd 2018 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Baby Feminists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Feminists

Jacob
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any book with hidden flaps is an instant hit for my daughter, and one that also helps inspire greatness and equality is amazing!
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow! Love, love, love!
I love the featured movers and shakers and I love the sentiment, "Everyone of them has fought for equality for women and men. And, baby...so can you!"
Earl
A cute lift the flap board book that showcases feminists as babies.
Chinook
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
We were browsing in Tattered Cover today and I was so tempted to buy this for the girls, except that those flaps wouldn’t last a week in our house.
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
What a fantastic concept for a board book!
Lauren Waters
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh out loud while still championing figures throughout history that have impacted women.
Kristin
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet and surprising little book.
Jam
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet little thing. : )
Julia Smith
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of "BE A FEMINIST, BABY! FEMINISM FEMINISM FEMINISM!" books now. This one isn't trying so hard, so it feels...approachably cool. It's *actually* fun (lift the flaps!), cute (I didn't know I needed to see Frida Kahlo and Mae Jemison envisioned as babies, but I did), and has a good but not overwhelming handful -- not avalanche -- of notable people for a fresh new human to begin learning about.

The one drawback is that it does still reinforce a gender binary, particularly in its def
Erin Buhr
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Board book genius. The text is simple and repetitive but has depth. It’s the perfect use of the lift-the-flap feature. And the last line - perfection.
James
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
my cat did not like this book.
Elizabeth Rhodes
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book! Engaging for kids and super fun to read.
Eva_Amaré
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b
Mama got us a book about feminists? Shocker! It has good size lift up flaps and cut outs, both of which we're partial to and the baby versions are really cute. Especially RBG. We suspect we will be reading more books like this one. There was some confusion as to why Obama was in here, but mama said you don't have to be a woman to be a feminist.
Lisa Bonack
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Start 'em young, that's what I say! This book features prominent figures from all walks of life (RBG, Frida Kahlo, Malala, and the only man featured, Barack Obama). "Before they were [insert accomplishment], they were *lift the flap* a baby!" A cute way to introduce the very young to feminism.
Brett
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one's got one or two odd editorial decisions but the illustrations and concept is pretty darn appealing. It's also a 'lift the flap' book which bebe loves. The artistic treatment of Gloria Steinem and Dorothy Pitman Hughes is also very clever.
Michelle Gray
Themes: equality, all people begin as babies
Jessica
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Conners new favorite board book. The lift the flaps are fantastic.
Marti M
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute! Let my son pick out a book in Barnes and Nobel and this is what he chose! No complaints here :)
Kendall Ball
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
It's cute, but not original- just following in the footsteps of several other books with Frida Kahlo on the cover and "feminist" in the title. And why is President Barack Obama featured in this book?
Bonnie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
A cute introduction to famous feminists, just by seeing them drawn as babies.
PQ
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a great flap board book. Underneath the flaps you get to see great feminists as babies. The flaps are a little hard to flip but it still is fun with a good message.
Abby
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents and kids
Recommended to Abby by: Carly Siuta
A simple picture book about famous feminists, this book is my daughters' current favorite!
Molly
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
A cute lift and flap board book featuring several feminist icons as adults and then as babies.
Jeimy
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The text is too repetitive for my taste, but I love everything else about this lift-the-flap book.
Elizabeth