Start by marking “Pretty Reckless (Addicted Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Reckless (Addicted Hearts, #1)

Pretty Reckless

(Addicted Hearts #1)

I'm a bad guy.

I've lied, I've cheated, I've stolen.
Cold. Hard. Calculating ... I lived on the edge of chaos, and it almost cost me everything.

The last thing I need is a girl like me.
Gorgeous. Broody. Sexy as sin ... Kat sauntered into my life, with her Coke-bottle curves and Devil-may-care attitude and turned my quiet life upside down.

Getting this close is a bad idea,
Published August 19th 2017 by Jane Anthony

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Reckless, please sign up.

Birna Björnsdóttir
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony.

HAWT! Whowsa! So hot, it might actually give you blisters on your fingertips!

This book was seriously addicting! Maybe it’s only fitting as the book focuses on two addicts.

The complexity of the characters and their situations was astonishing.

Each with their own demons to battle but so much alike - both need each other's strength at different times (as most of us could relate to) but are they strong enough to hold each other up?
When you are b
Coco.V
Mar 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/30/2018)!💝💝

Blurb:
Two years ago, I watched my girlfriend die.

We chased the high, night and day, searching for that magical fix that would cure the pain. But in the end, the escape she lived for took her from me.

Now, sober and rebuilding the life I almost destroyed, the last thing I need is another beautiful project dragging me down. Especially a Greek goddess with a sharp tongue and a drinking problem. But hidden inside Katarina's charcoal gaze is a broken soul crying o
Debbie
I fricken loved Kat! Her sharp tongue and fuck you attitude won me over with a quickness! Give me a flawed character who is strong, independent and a quick witted and I'm all in. Kat has issues and rather than deal, she covers them up with an iron clad attitude and a shit ton of liquid courage.

This is a beautiful, emotional and honest look at how addiction can seep into a person's life and take over in ways you would never think possible. Every addicts road out of denial and into recovery is a c
Socially Book Nerd
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of Jane Anthony, The power of her words, has got to me. The viseral, hedy feeling left me gutted. The story of addiction isn't a romantic one in notion, but the intense feeling and characters, begs to differ. The strong connection between Kat and Chase feels like two magnets, crashing together with such force it knocks you on your knees. The underlying addictive quality of their relationship, sucks you in and traps you. until your left shaking in withdrawls, when it's over.
Sara Oxton
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony a great four-star read. This is my first read by this author, and I hope to read some more. This is a stand-alone romance and is the story of friends to lovers, but it’s not your normal friend to lover where they went to school together or a typical meet cute, these two friends broken people who have addictions and if you know anything about addictions you know it’s easy to swap one for another.
Jane Anthony has done something not many authors can, she has dealt w
Jan
Two broken souls who find one another.

This is my first book by this author and it was pretty damn good.

The story was addictive, the same way the characters struggled with their own addictions I couldn't get enough.
I read page after page with hope for these two lost souls.

Kat was a woman who has no self-worth, drinking, partying, a string of one night stands and nothing to show for her life but misery and nights of more alcohol to numb the pain.

Kat is a very much the fiery Greek character wh
Dani
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Early BETA read*

This emotional journey is one I won't forget for a while. There are some scenes that will leave you fanning yourself and in need of a cold shower. But the scenes that will stick with you are the heartfelt, incredibly beautiful, raw and emotional ones that seem to linger. Both characters are flawed, they're broken, but they're real. So real in fact that you're left filled with heartfelt emotion wanting to see them find some semblance of happiness.

Kat, to be honest, she wasn't my
Melissa Fisher
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jane has outdone herself on this one. An emotional rollercoaster read that touches on subjects that affect so many at this moment. Addiction isn't something to take lightly and it's a hard thing to break/ to control. But once you find that control, you hold on tight and don't let go. Kat and Chase match each other perfectly. And some of the scenes between these two.... hot and heavy, leaving you breathless. Love it! Love all the feels!
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony is a story about a broken woman who has demons and her fight for life. This story is an emotional reality to many people around the country, everyone will relate to the characters in this story. This is not my first book by this author but with each book I have read of hers, she has never let me down on a good emotional story. Her writing style is such that it will pull you in from the first word until the very last. Her characters will take you on an emotional ro ...more
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty Reckless
By: Jane Anthony
4 Stars

This was my first book by Jane Anthony and I have to ask myself, Why? This story flowed perfectly and kept me engaged until the very last page.

Katarina Andropolls oh wait…I mean Katarina Andropoulos. No one ever gets her name right and that’s basically how her life is spinning out of control. Never getting anything right. Alcohol is her drug of choice. Everything seems to get better with a messed-up life when you down drink after drink.

Going home with comp
Tamara Harrington
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
I was absolutely addicted to this book and could not put it down, so it's fitting that Jane wrote about two addicts. Jane writes about the true grit when it comes to matters of the heart and how we all have to work in order for things to work out.
Kat is an absolute shambles but doesn't realize how bad it all is until she meets Chase. She has the ambition and does want more for her life but it all has to truly fall apart for her to realize that her life a state.
Chase has his own d
Mona williams
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg you rocked this book! i just loved it! another awesome book you wrote! it had me in tears on some parts. its about two people with demons from there past. can these two help each other heal them? read to find out what happens in this touching story of courage. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Angela
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony is a sublime read- an angsty, dramatic, warts and all glimpse into the life of an addict and the toll that it takes on life (and love). This is a story of personal demons, damaged and flawed souls, of denial, of strength and courage, overcoming obstacles… and most importantly, it’s an inspiring story of love and hope.
I hadn’t read anything by this author before, so I wasn’t entirely sure of what to expect. But I needed a bit of a change of pace from the bo
Eileen Robinson
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, arcs
Bangor Belle Book Besties
I received an arc copy of this book in return for nothing but an honest review.
This was the first book i read from this author, so i wasn't sure what to expect, but i love going into a book having no expectations. This book does cover addiction, but there is so much more to it.

Kat, 25 yrs old, fantastic make up artist with dreams of hitting the big time. She is most definitely wreckless, she sleeps around, mostly not even remembering the guy or his name. Very soon into
Renee
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Pretty Reckless is the story of Kat and Chase. Chase was in a past relationship filled with addiction and loss. He can't get over the past no matter how hard he tries. He believe that Desire won't let him go. That he couldn't save her and his punishment is to spend his life alone and without every knowing what real love is. Upon meeting Kat, Chase sees in her a woman who needs saving. A new addiction fo
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of Book Addict.live,
I don’t know where to start, Kat and Chase were a complicated couple. Even though I never doubted their love for each other. Kat is reaching a desperate time in her life. Waking up next to guys she can’t remember being with the night before. Going to work smelling of alcohol, things come to a head before long. Kat has not known Chase for long, but he tries to give her a helping hand, but no sex. Chase has been down his own rabbit hole and tries to help Kat
Lozzie
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless was incredible! The standalone by Jane Anthony had me on a rollercoaster of emotions, and I loved every single minute of it!

I loved everything about the novel, especially the characters. Chase and Kat were imperfectly perfect for each other, and even though they were each other’s weaknesses, they were also each other’s strengths. I loved how despite everything, they tried to be there for one another.

It also highlights the danger of alcohol and drug addiction. It was written incr
Lisa
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony is an emotional and tumultuous stand alone story about two broken people finding each other and trying to be better. Everyone deserves to find their happily ever after.

Kat puts on a front of being tough and not caring, but her life is on a collision course and she’s been through a lot. She meets Chase, who seems like just this good guy who eats right and doesn’t drink. He has quite the past too, though, and neither of their families are perfect. This wasn’t a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Pretty Reckless was fantastic love story; that grabbed my attention right away. Jane Anthony did an amazing job with the storyline. The feelings I had reading the book were mixture of happiness, sadness, and a feeling of understanding.; when you have read the story to fully understand what I mean.

This love story deals with two different kinds of addiction and brings two people together who end up falling in love with each other. I found it interesting how Katrina and Chase first met, he was a p
Katie Kearney
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony was a wonderfully written dark romance novel. It tells the story of Kat, a hard partying makeup artist, and Chase, a golden hearted mechanic with a past he would rather forget about. When these to meet the sparks start to fly immediately but after a series of failed relationships Kat is more the one night stand kind of girl. Chase is determined to get her to change that. Throughout this book you see both of these characters deal with a wide range of personal issue ...more
Up All Night With Books
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony was an emotional and addicting ride. This book focused on the very tough subject of addictions, not only that but it showed that addictions can be more than just for drugs and alcohol.

Kat and Chase meet by pure happenstance, but are drawn to each other instantaneously. Both are battling demons and addictions, and as they become good friends they understand each other on a level that they've never experienced before. But is that enough to defeat their addictions?

Ch
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless - Jane Anthony
I was given this book for an honest and unbiased review.

Jane Anthony is a new author to me but one I will definitely be following after reading this book.

Kat and Chase are cut from similar cloth, both battling their own demons of addiction but it's the emotional connection that endears these flawed beings to the reader.

Every emotion is tackled as they navigate their relationship and although it's not an instant hit of HEA, there's a slow build to a beautifully dam
Jessica McCrory
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless is an incredibly powerful story. It is not a simple boy meets girl- boy and girl fall in love- minor turmoil- everything is wonderful again- story. It will rip out your heart and force you to take a hard look at the pain that some people have to deal with. It is an uplifting and heartfelt love story about two people who fight desperately not only for each other, but to overcome the addictions threatening to drag them down. This author does a PHENOMENAL job at portraying multi dim ...more
Niki Roge
Shelves: favorites
Jane has upped her game with this book, hold on for one hell of a ride. Two broken, addicted people are somehow able to find each other but despite the love they feel, they just can't stop hurting each other. Jane has done such a fabulous job with creating the perfect representation of us normal, flawed people and showing that even with our flaws, we can overcome and beat our problems. From drugs to alcohol, denial to avoidance, this story brings you on a roller coaster with Chase and Kat as the ...more
Konny
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony is a standalone romance novel.
Meet Kat, shes a 25 year old very talented make up artist, a bit shallow and high maintenance.
And there is Chase. He works as a mechanic. He has only recently fixed his life. Both meet and hes smitten with her. Is he crazy enough to jeopardies it all?
Kat and Chase both have issues and a difficult past.
Pretty Reckless is a emotional read, it is raw and it is gritty. I read it in one sitting, I couldnt put it down. But Pretty Reckless i
Michele McMullen
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chase and Kat are not your cookie cutter love story. They begin as unlikely friends and grow into so much more. This journey is laced with loss, hurt, addiction , forgiveness and the realization that we could all use a bit of happiness. We know that they deserve to be happy ! They will have to learn together to overcome those demons and triggers that bring them down.
I loved Kat and Chase's story. Jane made the characters feel so real. If you have ever experienced a loved one or friend that batt
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ebook of this novel from the author, and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Jane Anthony!

Swoon!!! This book was so swoon worthy. It deals with serious subject matter - it’s heavy and dark - but still manages to be exceptionally sweet.

Chase and Kat are complicated. They’re fractured humans who need to help each other mend their fissures. They have demons that are rooted in them - a lifetime of them. Seeing them revealed throughout the novel is heartbreaking yet done in a beautifu
Joy Westerfield
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! I absolutely loved this book. This is the story of Kat and Chase and how their relationship begins and ends?Throughout the book they have many challenges to overcome. Their chemistry is explosive! I laughed, cried, was angry and sad while reading this book which indicates to me how great it is. If you want to know how they end up, you must read this book! Just amazing!
AuthorTanner Chase
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Jane has woven a rich and beautiful tapestry of words and emotions. Kat and Chase crawl from the mire of their addicted broken lives to find each other. Broken hearts can heal, addiction lasts forever. Addicted to each other, these two are a match made in Heaven out of salvaged parts.
Gladys
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty Reckless by Jane Anthony is a good book. Complicated, intense and gritty. This book is a harsh and emotional read. I am posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Last Lie She Told (Lies and Misdirection, #1)
  • Breaking the Cycle (Rocking Racers, #1)
  • The Beauty in Deception (Hawk Creek #1)
  • Power Struggle
  • Aldin's Wish (Enchanted Immortals, #1)
  • Color Blind
  • In the Heart of Yesterday (A Heart Story, #1)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Heaven's Rejects MC Vol. 1 (Heaven's Rejects Bundle)
  • Dr. Fellatio
  • Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)
  • Anchored (The Crashing Tides Duet, #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells (Not Another Billionaire Romance #1)
  • Her Savage Mate: a Sci Fi Alien Alpha Romance
  • Ryder's Surrender (Hell Yeah!)
  • Escape With Me
  • A Covert Affair: A SEAL Romance Novel
Jane Anthony is an Amazon best-selling author of contemporary/erotic romance. She writes hot blue-collar dudes, raunchy rockstars, and fun feisty heroines. Her work is gritty and real and will have you cursing her name and begging for more. Jane gives a bit of herself and her quirky knowledge in each novel by incorporating her love of music through a book-specific playlist and adding things unique ...more

Addicted Hearts (2 books)
  • Pretty Ugly (Addicted Hearts Book 2)