Start by marking “Double Major (Portland Storm, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Double Major (Portland Storm, #4.5)

(Portland Storm #4.5)

This is an alternate cover edition for ISBN10: 1515018512 / ISBN13: 9781515018513.

This is a novella of second epilogues to books 1-4 in the Portland Storm series. It is approximately 35,000 words long.

It’s the NHL’s draft day, but the whole Portland Storm team is back together for an entirely different event. Complete with a double wedding, an unanticipated guest, overdue
Published May 27th 2016 by CreateSpace (first published September 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Double Major, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Major

Dali
It's live!

Novellas give us glimpses and slices of life of characters we love and probably wouldn’t get otherwise. I anticipate them giddily and I certainly savored Double Major.

I’ve enjoyed the Portland Storm series from the start. So this short in which everyone in their hockey family comes together, that gives us beautifully bright beginnings and some difficult and heartbreaking ones is just perfect.

There’s something for everyone because all the main characters from previous books get to star
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

Fans of Catherine Gayle’s Portland Storm series will no doubt love this latest novella, Double Major. In the middle of the off season, two players marry in a double ceremony. Along with the excitement of the wedding there are a lot of changes coming to the Portland Storm family and this book gives us a little insight into what is happening next.
This story is told from various points of view from characters we have spent time with bef
Patricia
ANOTHER SWEEP FOR GAYLE!
While this book didn't have any hockey games, it was full of hockey players. Unlike the others, it was also relatively tame, almost (but definitely not) family oriented.
Which is to be expected, since the story revolves around weddings, and the beginnings of families. I loved it, from the bridal girls's night out, to the final I-do's, with all the adventures in between.

Merged review:

ANOTHER GREAT SHOT FROM CATHERINE GAYLE

Unlike other books in this series, this book is very
Teresa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't love novellas. This one gets 5 stars because....BABS!!!
Irina
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice novella in addition to the series, especially Jamie's parts. *sigh*

___

Komplette Rezension auf Deutsch: http://buecher.ueber-alles.net/?p=20288
Diane Lynch
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Double Major (Portland Storm #4.5) by Catherine Gayle The Portland Storm are gathered at Eric Zellinger/Dana Campbell’s and Brenden Campbell/Rachel Shaw’s double wedding. Between the festivities and the NHL draft, it is a busy couple of days affecting all the teammates and their families.

Jenn
Double major was not only a story about two couples sharing a wedding day, but it also gave us updates or life changing moments for other members of the Portland Storm.

Dana & Eric - sharing a wedding day with Soupy & Rachel, as well as getting awesome news.

Nicky- who is book 6, finding support and love from the guys and realizing he needs to change his life around.

Babs- getting good news and double bad news all in one day, and making a commitment to Nicky and his team. He also had good a
Marisela Chavez
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness I just loved this book. Dana, Eric, Brenden and Rachel all get their happily ever after. Cam and Sara wind up talking to someone unexpected and it turns out to be an amazing outcome. Liam and Noelle discuss their future. And Jamie and Katie young love means saying have to say goodbye..
Debbie
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
by Catherine Gayle
novella 4.5

Gayle’s fantastic short of second epilogues to books 1-4 fills fans in on some of the goings on between the team and their mates, all taking place within the timespan of one day. And with an economy of words she keeps fans in the know.

It’s the much awaited double wedding day of Rachel and Brenden (Book 2) and Eric (Zee) and Dana (Book 1). All the Portland Storm team, their wives, families and girlfriends are in attendance but not all the celebrating is ab
Pam Nelson
Double Major
Omg a double wedding!! I loved this novella we get to see all our favorites and see what they are up to and what they are getting up to. It’s a wonderful addition to the series.
Dana & Eric I loved getting to see them get there HEA, I was a little confused with some of it because I didn’t read book 2 or 3 and didn’t know that Brenden and Rachel were together or even getting married so that was news.
I have to say it was still great to see how everyone is doing and give some hints
Julie
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun novella. I enjoyed the wedding(s) and catching up on a few of my favorite characters. There was one pretty surprising conflict introduced in this that I can't wait to get the full story on. I'm wondering how Ms. Gayle will weave that into a future book since the main characters have already had their story told.
Dar
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having only read the previous book in the series, I still was completely enamored with all the bits and pieces in this story
Ruth
This was a good way to update all the readers about what was going on with all the couples from the books so far, tie up some loose ends, and set the stage for the next set of books. By turns funny, sweet, maddening, and heart-breaking.

The one thing I didn't get was why would two professional hockey players schedule their weddings for draft day, knowing that it could affect their guests? And especially with Rachel being the GM's assistant? She should have been at draft day. Unrealistic drama.
Simonne
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance
I loved this novella! It was a perfect way to catch us up on the couples from the first four books. Every couple that was featured in those stories had a significant chunk of the screen time. Everything took place at the double wedding and Catherine Gayle beautifully intertwined everyone's stories and some surprises! I just really love this series!
Lora
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I loved having a chance to hear from all of my favorite characters from the previous books and the wedding of the century - at least for hockey romances!! I can't say enough about how much this is my favorite of the series so far!!!
Jennifer F
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, sports, novella
This was an up date of the books so far in this series. It was good and I still have more want to knows so I hope these characters continue to be acknowledged in the future books.
Rosemarie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double Major was just "ok". Seemed to jump around too much to keep track of the characters. Made me cry!
Casey Leigh
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous multi-story collective of various characters and their unwinding tales. Lots of love, a few ups and downs and family loyalty be it through blood or choice. Simply a fabulous series.
Moey17
Easy quick read, nothing special, by nice to revisit the characters in a simple novella.
Tina "IRead2Escape"

4.5
Siran
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I read one other book that the story was told by multiple charaters. I really enjoyed that book. Double major is told by multiple charaters as well. In fact, it was told by the people. Those people are Portland Storm player and their wives or girlfriends.

I have loved reading about the lives of these hockey players from the previous five books. To have them all in the sixth, made it that more enjoyable. I could actually picture myself being that the double wedding that took place.

I am looking for
Aly
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

So, the first thing I'm going to point out is that we get to hear things from the perspectives of all our favorite characters, some newer than others but all loved just the same(especially Babs). I loved that it wasn't just focused on two characters as it seems to fit this book the best. It's meant to be a sort of epilogue from the other books and I'm really glad that Catherine Gayle chose to write from different perspectives. I def
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, I loved getting a another glimpse of all the characters I've grown to love, and they all got just enough face time that I was hooked all over again. We get to see how each couple (and a few other characters) have moved forward and grown, and it's a great look at their team dynamic off the ice.

The setting is the double wedding of Eric and Dana, and Brenden and Rachel, two perfect couples finally tying the knot. At the same time, Liam is worki
Diane Lynch
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I would definitely start with the other books in the series before reading Double Major. This novella is a quick update about everyone’s lives in the off season while attending the dual wedding. It flashes back and forth between all the main characters of the Stor
Kim
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved every book in the Portland Storm series and this one is a great addition to the series! It is a collection of epilogues to the first four books in the series, so we get to revisit some of our favorite couples. And the story lines are just as emotionally driven as ever, with real issues and with all the messiness that comes along with real life

The novella gets everyone back together, but this time it isn't for hockey. It is for a double wedding within the Portland Storm family. I lov
Kristal Taylor
This was one of the short books in the series in which everyone in the hockey family comes together for a perfect book.
It is refreshing to feel the love and connection between the players and they extended families. Everyone tries to focus on the weddings of the day (Eric and Dana) and (Brenden and Rachel) but there is the wonder of what is happening at the NHL draft. Wow that was unexpected. How will the draft affect the team? Liam's worry about Noelle liking Sweden when she gets there and wha
Cristina Valencia
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double Major by Catherine Gayle
Double Major is a must read for fans of the Portland Storm series! All of our favorite characters come together here and it is narrated from multiple POVs. I found this novella to be particularly emotional and I'll admit to shedding a few tears. It was great to revisit the characters from the first books and not just on the sidelines this time.

I continue to crave the full story of Babs and Katie but we get more sneak peeks here so I'll take what I can get!

Some of the events that take place ar
Pam
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful extension of the Portland Storm Series. The many different views of the different characters makes this a unique book. It is refreshing to feel the love and connection between the players and they extended families. Everyone tries to focus on the weddings of the day but there is the wonder of what is happening at the NHL draft. How will the draft affect the team? Liam's worry about Noelle liking Sweden when she gets there and what their future will look like. Nicky, trying to ...more
Jane
For Double Major two best friends on the Portland Storm team celebrate a double wedding with the six-year old son of one of the brides providing entertainment. Sara and Cam face an unexpected guest and find out some long kept secrets. Jamie or 'Babs' has a stress filled day with his brother's draft pick, his best friend on the team being traded and Katie revealing her plans. He still finds time to help another teammate. This is a short story of a very eventful day with the NHL draft picks happen ...more
  • Seduced by the Game
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • Flirting on Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #1)
  • Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Out of the Game (In the Zone, #3)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • The Changeup (Men of the Show #1)
  • Takes Two to Tackle (Santa Fe Bobcats, #3)
***Please note that series numbering of the Portland Storm series is different at Goodreads than it is on Catherine's website or at any retailer. Goodreads policy will not allow the series numbering to match anything else. If this confuses you, please complain to Goodreads, as it is not Catherine's fault.***

Catherine Gayle is a USA Today bestselling author of more than forty contemporary hockey ro

Portland Storm (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Breakaway (Portland Storm, #1)
  • On the Fly (Portland Storm, #2)
  • Light the Lamp (Portland Storm, #3)
  • Delay of Game (Portland Storm, #4)
  • In the Zone (Portland Storm, #5)
  • Comeback (Portland Storm, #6)
  • Dropping Gloves (Portland Storm, #7)
  • Losing an Edge (Portland Storm, #8)
  • Game Breaker (Portland Storm, #9)
  • Defensive Zone (Portland Storm, #10)