Start by marking “Breathe In” as Want to Read:
Breathe In

Breathe In

Breathe in. Breathe out. This mantra gets Tessa Benson through the day.

The man she loves walks all over her, and she just wants to get by without her heart shattering to pieces. If she could find her voice, she’d scream.

Published June 27th 2017 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Breathe In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathe In

Start your review of Breathe In
Megan
This was such a scary and dark read. The book held my interest for most of the story, but I thought next abduction was a little much. I kept switching my opinion on who the bad guy was, but I was glad at what happened to him in the end.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.
Valorie
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Warning. This book contains some major triggers. It contains violence, sexual assault, and scenes of PTSD.

Tessa has a complicated love life. The man she likes, Tom, wants nothing to do with her. The man who likes her, Gerald, she wants nothing to do with. To unwind from her troubled life, Tessa goes out with a friend. What started as a fun night ends up in violent despair. Tessa is taken by two men, kidnapped and held hostage in a lone cabin. They videotape the mental and physical torture she e
Books After Fifty
In this story we meet quiet librarian Tessa and a*sehole Tom, not forgetting caring cop Tobin.

I must admit that when I first started this book I wasn't really 100% sure where it was going. I felt my interest building after the first couple of chapters but then BAM......got me!!! I needed to know what was gonna happen, and how.

A really well written book that makes you assume the author did her research. Couple of twists, and of course there's the love element. Really enjoyed this book and well
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gail
Tessa is tired of waiting for Tom to call so she's travels to his home one she has never been allowed to.Tessa just wants to know where she stands with Tom in the relationship.She has trouble getting out of her car because always second guesses everything.Tom is not happy she is there and lets her know it. He lets her know that they really didn't have a relationship and what they had is over. Tessa leaves and is tired of being everyones doormat and she tired of being scared of everything. Her fr ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and my word, it will not be the last. This story is well written, and is thrilling, suspenseful, disturbing, dark, emotional, and a heartbreaking read. I recommend this authors work for all dark story lovers, and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Peggy
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With this being the 2nd book I have read from this author I must say once again not disappointing! Well played throughout the entire book. The pages are filled with so much. The character.. well... I'll leave you wanting to know for yourself. The plot takes you every direction that you need to be to enjoy this read!
Kelsey
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty good story. Sometimes the MC can be a bit annoying...but I guess it's pretty dang hard to tell how you would react if you went through something like this. I loved the ending. I was sooooo scared the bad guy would be someone you didn't except.
Sara
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

This book far surpassed what I was expecting. It took a couple of chapters for me to really get into it, but then the book picks up and really takes off. Tessa is shy and unsure of herself and pretty much everything. She finds herself in danger from an unexpected source. That's all I'm going to give you, because I don't want to give anything away.

Suspense, danger, and a great mystery come together in this thrilling suspense novel!
Coco.V
Feb 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Breathe in. Breathe out. This mantra gets Tessa Benson through the day.

Everything changes in one night, when she’s snatched from the streets and tied to a bed, a camera set up to capture her dying moment. And the person who paid to watch her die...is still out there somewhere.

Tessa prowls dark neighborhoods
Jewel Hart
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathe In by award winning author, Michelle Bellon is a riveting story of one woman’s terrifying account of her kidnapping, torture and the vengeance she seeks. It is a must read, dark and thrilling story subjecting the reader to breathless anticipation while on the edge of their seat from beginning to end.

Tessa Benson’s love life is difficult and not so great. Sick of the relationships with the men in her life, vulnerable and struggling to find a voice of her own, Tessa decides to take a breat
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I received an arc through a group that normally offers romance based books, so a straight up thriller is not a genre I typically read. Hence, this is one heck of a book to have impressed and captivated me in the way that it did. I'd planned on reading it over a couple of days, but ended up reading late into the night (ok early hours!) to complete it.

Tessa can be annoying at times, but it makes her very human and real. She starts out as a doormat, allowing herself to be treated badly by others. I
Kathy West
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"We don't always get to choose who we want to be initially. But it seems, if we're lucky, we eventually get the opportunity to choose who we want to be in the end."

5 Stars!

WHAT A BOOK!!!!
This book was way more than I expected.
This book was raw and emotional. It didn't try to coverup or sugar coat anything.
Tessa is just a normal woman. She keeps to herself most of the time. She doesn't bother anymore.
After getting out of a short relationship, she feels lost.
One night she is kidnapped by two men.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read by this author, and the original page turner kept me on the edge of my seat cover to cover. Tessa Benson has been used as a doormat by the men in her life lately, and all she wants to do is get by with her heart intact. That all changes the day that she gets kidnapped, where she wakes up tied to a filthy bed with a camera recording every minute. And while she's getting tortured, something in her breaks, and she escapes with her life. Now she's done with peop ...more
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Eyes open. Darkness."

"Eyes close. Darkness. Where am I? I can't breathe. I'm so hot. Memory floods back. Eyes open wide."

"Oh god! Oh god! Oh god! Where are they taking me?"

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in."

Shivers Y'all this book was soooooo good!!!

Eeep...Okay my dark lovers....Don't these first few lines of my review just make you want to read?? lol Breathe In is one of those books that will suck you right in and keep you turning those pages until you are done. I r
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Michelle Bellon. I absolutely loved it! I was unsure what to expect when I picked up this book. The story told surpassed my any expectation I may have had. I don't really want to give anything away. I will say the story was extremely well written. I really enjoyed each character and what they brought to the book. I'm giving 4.5 stars because I truly enjoyed this book but I had a couple of left when the book was over. Why was Tessa so frightened and clingy in the beginnin ...more
Maria Logan-Montgomery
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tessa Benson is a Ph.D. librarian – smart and well-educated. Still, she falls victim to human sexual trafficking. How could this happen to such a smart person? Answer: it can happen to anyone.

In her award-winning book, Breathe In, Michelle Bellon explores not only human trafficking, but the importance of self-confidence in women, as well as the importance of being careful of who you date. In other words, if he treats you badly, walk away and don’t look back.

“Breathe In, breathe out” is a mantra
Page After Page
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tessa was just an ordinary woman, meek and mild and a little bit of a push over, particularly when it comes to the man in her life. That is until she learns how dark others can truly be, as well as finding the darkness in herself, as a cooping mechanism after surviving a brutal torture and kidnap, Never meant to survive she finds a way to escape, but the pain is far from over. Suffering from severe post traumatic stress disorder and without an outlet for her pain she turns to vigilantism, hoping ...more
No Shelf Control
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breathe In is a captivating crime novel that it really well-written, with a plot that keeps the reader guessing right up until the revelation in the final few chapters. Michelle Bellon expertly crafts a thriller that sees her complicated protagonist Tessa hell bent on revenge against the two men who brutalise her and in doing so, risks going somewhere that she can never come back from.

I really felt for Tessa, the ultimate pain and grief she felt following the attack was set to devour her complet
Book Blast
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Guardians of Eastgate: Book One of the Seer Series by Sherry Leclerc is a great fantasy book with a wealth of mystical creatures. With a map in the beginning of the book that details the lands that these creatures live in, the author sets the tone well, and gives the reader this added bit of information in order to fully enjoy the story. The names of the characters are particularly beautiful, from Maelona to Kelwyn and add to the beautiful sense of the story. Of course there is an ancient evil t ...more
Paragraph And A Half
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
WARNING: This is not a novel for the faint-hearted, but if you can handle a dark and twisted thriller then you 'Breathe In' by Michelle Bellon will hold you captive for several days. It follows Tessa, who finds her inner strength after undergoing a horrific ordeal and surviving. Out for revenge and with her own brand of justice. Will she make her tormentor pay, before he can hurt another, or will Tessa find herself back in mortal danger once again?

This page turner is fast-paced and exciting, and
Dani
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOW! I'm left a little speechless after that! My first book by Michelle and she's blown me away. This book is dark, suspenseful and I'm still recovering from the aftermath. If you like being dragged kicking and screaming through the darkness then you really need to one click this.

The story revolves around our heroine. As we slowly get to know her, we're pulled into her world. Breathing in. Breathing out. Try to stay calm, but trust me, with each turn of the page, there is no calm. Once you thin
Bev
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
This story is a very, very dark thriller. It has some things in it that might upset some people. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Tessa is trying to just get through each day with the man she loves. He is not a nice man. He walks all over her, belittles her, he is a scum bag! Then she gets kidnapped one night and tied to a bed. There is a camera on her to show someone or some people just how she is going to die! Can she get away? Who would do such a thing? You will need to read the book to find the answers.
Cassie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Michelle Bellon is a new Author for me & I'm glad I had a chance to read this one. Tessa's story was unexpected and very gripping. I did not want to put this one down - I needed to see what happens next, I needed to see if Tessa would make it out and how she would be affected going forward, I needed to see if my suspicions were right and I needed to see Tessa get justice.

I would recommend this one!
Pamela Greving
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I LOVED Breathe In. My favorite thing about this book is that there were multiple characters that the suspects could have been right from the start. There were little bits here and there that made you question your theories. Breathe In was a fantastic read and I definitely need to find more works by this author. I loved the suspense factor and give it 5 stars all the way!
John Thomason
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A no spoiler review. The subject is dark, but unfortunately, a part of our society lives in the dark. It is very well written, and broaches a subject in need of investigation. Violence against women in something that should not be happening, but it does. The story is well laid out, and blends together very nicely.
Tanz
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read of this author and it won't be my last!
I was on the edge of my seat through the whole book unsure of what was going to happen next!! I loved the suspense!! Definitely a book worth reading!! Keep up the great work Michelle!!
Carol Sue Denison
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read,great subject matter. Shines a light on abuse and how survivors of abuse can rise above

I didn't agree with how the heroine handled the situation,however,it spoke of empowerment for all women. A well written book
Joseph Gallagher
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Harrowing story well told
A strong lead character (eventually) Read the book to see why I say that
Controversial subject material well dealt with
I received a copy of this book in return for an an honest review and apart from a slowish beginning it became a interesting and intriguing book
Avril
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart pounding, palms sweating, thrill ride! Could not put this down once I started. Great writing, plot and characters. The mystery will have you on the edge of your seat! Definitely HIGHLY recommend!

• Carling (The One True Child #2)
  • White Collar Blackmail
  • Good-Bye Def Leppard: I'll Miss Those Jeans
  • For the Love of Armin
  • When the Side Nigga His Brother
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • Chasing the Red Queen
  • Brainwalker
  • Finding Hope in the Darkness of Grief: Spiritual Insights Expressed Through Art, Poetry and Prose
  • Crossroads and the Dominion of Four
  • Love is the Answer, God is the Cure: A True Story of Abuse, Betrayal and Unconditional Love
  • Virgil the Hound: Against All Odds, One Hound Breaks Away From the Pack
  • The Influence of Military Strategies to Business
Michelle Bellon currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her fiance and four children. She earned her Associates degree in Nursing and fills her free time with her love for writing. She has published three novels.

News & Interviews