Start by marking “Alpha Male (A Real Man #14)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Male (A Real Man #14)

Alpha Male

(A Real Man #14)

LAYLA

For the last two years Lachlan has been my personal bodyguard. Although I don’t feel in danger and don’t need someone constantly watching me, because it’s Lachlan, I can’t help but feel safe.

I love him.

He is big and strong, with training that makes him deadly. Anyone who is stupid enough to cross him learns that swiftly.
But I’m too afraid to tell him how much I
Published June 26th 2017 by Jenika Snow

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Male, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha Male

Start your review of Alpha Male (A Real Man #14)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Super sweet. Super short., Super hot!

Layla is the virginal heroine and she's madly in love with her bodyguard, Lachlan. How does he feel about her? "I love her, want her as mine, and I need to show Layla that she was meant for me." Thanks for making his feelings and intentions abundantly clear from the get-go, Jenika! As the first book I've ever read from this author, it was an amazing introduction and I'll definitely be looking out for more of her work.

Release Date: June 28, 2017
Genre: Erot
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

description

descriptionNot a huge fan of this cover. The model isn't how "I" pictured our hero. The composition is also weird with the way all the text is positioned.description

description

descriptionI enjoyed this one. I don't really have much to say about it. It was super short. Super insta. Super hot. No angst or OW/OM drama. Virgin heroine. A hero that hadn't had sex in years. All wrapped up in a couple sweet epilogues. Not my favorite of the series, but it was still a nice quick and enjoyable read.description

Sophia Triad
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would always stay close, and always have her back.
But what I really wanted was her heart.

I always have had a soft spot for bodyguard stories.
Janie
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this one but I needed it to be longer dammit. Jenika Snow writes a loyal, dirty talking alpha like no other. Love the epilogues too.
Barbara➰
Oh how I love this series. Lachlan is one of my favorites. Mine! Mine! Mine! 😍
"From the moment I saw her, I knew she would be mine."

“Watch as I fuck you, as I take you as mine.”
Karla
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25 stars!
♡Tonya♡
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic series

I could read these Real Men stories over and over. They keep a smile on my face each time I read one. Hot, sexy and safe....bring on the next one!
Dee's Reading Zone
This is just one of the series that I really have enjoyed reading by Jenika Snow. The men are all alpha males but Lachlan was so much more! Strong, protective, possessive and very loving to heroine, Layla Lancaster, daughter to a wealthy senator, Jonathan Lancaster!

"She was my job, or at least that’s what I tried to tell myself to make it easier to be around her. But being her bodyguard for the last two years made that an impossible task."

"Lachlan was quite the looker, but not in a handsome kin
Deniz
I love reading bodyguard trope..
Raine
Good short

Very steamy short of a rich young coed and her sexy bodyguard protector. The problem was that it was too short :-(
Chitra *CJ*
"Alpha Male" is the story of Lachlan and Layla.
A sorta forbidden insta-love tale between the heroine, who's the senator's daughter and a sweet little virgin, and the obsessed hero who's her bodyguard.
It delivers exactly what its blurb promises, and if you like sweet and cheesy short reads, you'll like this one.
Average sex scenes, and two epilogues.
Safe
2.5/5
Danielle
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!

I love Jenika Snow's A Real Man Series, and this is a great addition to it. Just as the title states, Alpha Male is about an over-protective, obsessed alpha male body guard and the virginal daughter of a senator that he protects. She's as in love with him as he's in love with her, and that makes for one steamy combination when this Alpha Male decides it is time to claim his woman. If you're looking for a realistic depiction of a love story, look elsewhere. This is quick and sexy escapism
Kate
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lachlan & Layla = Bodyguard & Principal

Two years of unacknowledged burning lust, desire & passion for each other - you just know when things boil over it's going to be hot!

Lachlan was alpha with a capital A... the things he says are just as caveman as the things he does. At one point there I was like Layla - stop talking & just do it already! LOL.

Janice Somers
I really don't want this series to end anytime soon. As with the previous, Real Man stories, this is just as hot with dirty talking, sexual tension and a lot of "MINE."
Lachlan is hired to provide his services as a personal bodyguard to Layla and for the last two years he has loved her from the first time he laid eyes on her.
Layla is a college student and daughter to a Senator. She has loved him from the first time she saw him. She knows he is always there watching her, even when she can't see h
C
Shelves: totally-safe
4.5/5
Hot fast safe read

-insta love
-OTT alpha
-H hasn't been with anyone in years
-virgin h
-No OW Drama
-H didn't confess his feeling for 2 years
-HEA with 2 epilogues.
Shahla's World
Shelves: arc, short-read, instalove
It was quick, delicious and oh so intense.

There is something about these type of stories you can't help but be infatuated with. They are over in the blink of an eye but still stay with you after time.

I highly recommend this story which I'm sure all you book lovers will enjoy! The perfect read if you have a short commute to work or just need a pick me up.
Renee Entress
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, and dirty talking naughty fun

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Lumberjack (A Real Man, #1)
Virgin (A Real Man, #2)
Baby Fever (A Real Man, #3)
Experienced (A Real Man, #4)
Roommate (A Real Man, #5)
Arrogant (A Real Man, #6)
Feral (A Real Man, #7)
Dirty (A Real Man, #8)
Viking (A Real Man, #9)
Blacksmith (A Real Man #10)
Brutal (A Real Man #11)
Kilt Me (A Real Man #12)
Mine (A Real Man #13)

This is Lay
April Symes
This was a quick, spicy, yummy intense read and oh how I loved every moment of it.
Lachlan is hired to provide his services as a personal bodyguard to Layla and for every moment of the past 2 years, Lachlan has loved her from afar and kept himself professional but as she is now 18 , his protection, obsession and love for her is growing more intense. He is a good guy , albeit a bit possessive and quiet who takes his job seriously, especially when it comes to a certain beautiful someone.

Layla is a
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Another real men!! I have maybe 1 more and I am caught up!! This was fast pace can read for a mini lunch break with some steam.

LachIan has been pinning for Layla for few years since he has been her bodyguard watching and protecting her from a distance. Not wanting to make a mistake, as for Layla she also has been pinning after him but she thinks he doesnt see her more then a job. They start to get closer and those blurry lines start fading and well they take that relationship to the next level
Mitch C.
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: rant-and-rave
This should be titled 'Bodyguard' instead of 'Alpha Male'.

Lachlan have been drooling over Layla for two years. His body to guard, daughter of a senator, Layla.

Layla have been pining for Lachlan as well. But scared of what her father might react, she didn't do anything. Just let him guard her body, but not her heart.

Then one night, after the party, everything changed.

After two years, married.

After two more years, preggo.

Very fast smut for a 60-something pages.

Hold on to it.

Julissa
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Won't be reading anything with the "Alpha Male" in the title anymore unless:
a. Shifter book/story
b. Is already in my reader from awhile back/ before this book.
I just feel like this sorda man is waaaay overrated. Yeah there was a time like 3 years ago when Kristen Ashley shocked the very core of my system with this specimen. I was shocked, excited and thought "Oh my gawd where's the restraining order"! I ate that shit up! But all good things tend to get repeated to a timely ugly death. Just like
Andrea
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love from this Real Man series!

Another great short and hot read!

Bring more on!
Astraycat
Super short but super hot, and great epilogues.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Jenika never fails, her instance writing style, instance style, I was trying to recall where or how I could her ...the point is when I see she is coming out with another Real Man book, I am so there!!! ... she will never let you down ... if you have a busy schedule but you enjoy a quick read full of hot steamy moments! instant pull the trigger, GO!!! this is so the author for ya! I keep looking for a way to describe her writing ... but nothing quite fits ... imagine if you will, a horse waiting ...more
Arys
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alpha Male (A Real Man, 14) by Jenika Snow centers around Layla and Lachlan, her bodyguard. This was a very rapidly paced story. The beginning starts out with showing some of the day to day interactions of their lives and gives you a feel for what the last 2 years have been where Layla and Lachlan only have admitted their feelings internally.

When Layla's friend asks her to come to a party and Lachlan comes as her bodyguard it provides an opportunity for them to finally reveal to each other the
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Jenika Snow sure knows how to write a fast paced insta love sexy romance with characters that you just can’t help but enjoy. Alpha Male was another good addition to this series of novellas but one I wanted to be longer just because I feel that the relationship between Lachlan and Layla was one that deserved to have a longer book in my opinion. The body guard falling for the person he is supposed to be pr
MillsyLovesBooks
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alpha Male is the next novella in Jenika Snow's Real Man series. The Real Man Series is a collection of fast paced short, hot standalone reads. The only thing that is common throughout is the Alpha Male "Mine" attitude!!

Layla is the daughter of a politician who wants 24 hour protection for her. She likes to be independent as much as possible but agrees to have a bodyguard in the background.

Lachlan is the bodyguard, tasked with keeping Layla safe. But he's about to cross the line of being in the
Amy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alpha Male
Jenika Snow
5 stars

This was a fast and really good read. This one has to be my favorite. NICE JOB!
Lachlan was hired to guard Layla -- the Senator expects him to keep her safe. Heading off to a party Lachlan will not let anyone touch her. He has loved her since the day he laid eyes on her but she is off limits.

Layla only wants one man. But he won't touch her -- he wouldn't because he is her bodyguard. He is supposed to keep her safe. Being with him would not be safe. I really enjoyed
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alpha-male
3.85 Stars

It was good, but not as good as the previous book.

Lachlan is Layla's bodyguard and has been in love with her since he started protecting her. But he has vowed to keep her safe and he is sure her father the senator will not be happy if he made a move on his daughter.
Layla has been in love with Lachlan for just as long, but she didn't know that he wanted her just as much.

I enjoyed it, was short, sweet and well written. But I wanted more passion and more build up!

Looking forward to the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Bought and Paid For
  • Jingle My Balls
  • The Mountain Man's Kitten (Thickwood, CO, #7)
  • Loving the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO, #6)
  • Planting His Seed
  • Promised to the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO, #4)
  • Built for Love
  • Love At First Kiss (Love comes first, #1)
  • Branded by the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO #2)
  • Jealous Russian Stalker (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #92)
  • Sticky Fingers
  • Mr. CEO Jerk (Loving a Bennett Boy)
  • Making Her His
  • His Secret Treasure
  • Carnal Alpha (The Alpha's Obsession, #1)
  • Kidnapped by Bigfoot (Folklore, #1)
  • Mr. Director Sir
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

A Real Man (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Lumberjack (A Real Man, #1)
  • Virgin (A Real Man, #2)
  • Baby Fever (A Real Man, #3)
  • Experienced (A Real Man #4)
  • Roommate (A Real Man #5)
  • Arrogant (A Real Man #6)
  • Feral (A Real Man #7)
  • Dirty (A Real Man #8)
  • Viking (A Real Man #9)
  • Blacksmith (A Real Man #10)