Start by marking “Seven Shades of You (Twin Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seven Shades of You (Twin Hearts, #2)

Seven Shades of You

(Twin Hearts #2)

Her world was color. Canvas and paint. Indie O’Connell lived inside her head. Her voices the muse. And as a freshman at St. Peter's College, all she wanted, was to create a name for herself with the brush in her hand.

His world was over. Despite his humble upbringing, Kai Carter seemed to have it all. Captain of the swim team and a full scholarship. His golden boy status a
Published June 13th 2019

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

I love it, A.M. Johnson delivers a heartwarming,sweet,intense and beautiful story.The writing was poetic and flawless.From the moment I finished reading Let There Be Light, I was excited for Kai and Indie's story.

I fall in love with Kai and Indie, what they have was beautiful,realistic and intense.Both characters have a special place in my heart.I have so many feelings.

Such a beautiful story, I highly recommend both books in this series.If you are looking for stories with deep meaning a
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I kindly received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

“The hair on the back of my neck stood, goosebumps raining down my arms as she watched me.”

Y’all I don’t even know where to start! This book was so captivating, each sentence further drew me in. I fell in love with both Kai and Indie and their breathtaking love story.

“Making a girl smile wasn’t that hard, I did it on a daily basis, but I wanted to earn Indie’s smiles, every last one.”

When you first meet both characters they
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Indigo sees the world like her father Declan. In colors and whispered voices in her head. She bleeds paint on a canvas as a way to cope. She’s always been the other half of Royal. His mirror image living in his shadow and she’s comfortable that way. She has never wanted to stand out content in her own world then she laid eyes on Kai. A savior and best friend to her brother Royal but he’s never really given her the time of day like his other friends. When she learns he is changing h
Na
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love this book! It's one of those you can't wait to finish and at the same time don't want it to end at all!
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

description

I honestly believe that books choose you at the right moment when you need them the most, and this book is definitely one of them.

I have been reading A.M. Johnson since her debut novel, and with every book she releases, she not only gets better, she also steals a piece of my heart with each and every one of her books. So by now, I think she wholeheartedly owns me.

From page one, this enchanting, soul-stirring tale resonated with me. A.M. Johnson knows how to write characters you're desperate to
A.M. Johnson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SEVEN SHADES OF YOU IS LIVE!!!!!
Grab your copy now!
Click here: https://geni.us/pj0V
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
5 ’Colors’ Stars

Dear Future Reader,

I guess sometimes you find a book that turns your world upside down. Sometimes, you just can't shake the feeling 'my life will never be the same'. Sometimes, you read a book from A.M. Johnson, and always, each and every time, she steals your heart.

This book is the work of poetry. I can't phrase this lady enough, but what she did with Seven Shades of You, is unworldly, all kind of phenomenal. This book is what you call all-the-feels. It captures your heart with
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

Seven Shades of You by A.M. Johnson is a standalone book in the Twin Hearts duet. Indie, Royal’s twin sister, gets her story. Indie and Royal’s best friend Kai strike up a relationship. These two tortured souls come alive in a colorful palette of emotions. This poignant and chromatic love story is not to be missed! One-click worthy.
Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut)
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! I am completely blown away by the words A.M. Johnson has written within these pages! From all of the books she has written, this one is by far, hands down my favorite! I didn't want this story to end! I always hate that I'm a slow reader now, it takes me a few weeks to finish a book. Let me tell you, that as much as I wanted to devour this book in one sitting, I'm SO glad that my worm like speed let me spend more time with Kai and Pink. This right here is a TRUE masterpiece and on ...more
Kiersten (Frozen in Fiction)
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I was free. Because of her, I was free.”

This. book. Wow. A.M Johnson did it again with this book and I felt all the feelings reading this. A.M Johnson has a way with words and she doesn’t have to force her character’s chemistry at you, the chemistry is just there and it is raw and real — it comes naturally and that is probably the thing I love most about this novel.

I loved everything about this book. Indie and Kai are both flawed; they both have deep rooted issues that they need to work throu
Briana Holmes
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Huge thank you to the author who sent me an arc ! I was so excited for Kai and Indie after Let There Be Light and this did not disappoint, my heart was soft with these two.
L.J. Evans
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.M. Johnson does it again with gorgeous poetic words that you want to mark and save forever. Kai & Indie's story is heartbreakingly beautiful.

A 2019 Must Read!

Alissa
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites
“She could tell me to leave, tell me there was no way I could repair the damage I had done, and I’d walk away, with the feel of silk on my fingertips, her scent in my lungs, knowing I’d try again the next day. And the day after that.”

A.M. Johnson’s beautifully poetic writing creates an unforgettable story that is now one of my top reads of the year. Seven Shades of You is a tale of finding love in the most unexpected places, and sometimes it’s with the person you least expect to fall for. The po
Joyce Mercês
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019

description

I like to keep my reviews short and to the point, so here we go:

A.M. Johnson has a way with words that touch deep inside your soul. You can relate to her characters even if you have nothing in common with them.

Seven Shades of You is a delicious slow burn, one that is full of small touches, secret smiles and a love that's so pure, you can't help but want to protect them from the world.

I wish I was better at explaining how amazing the book is, but whenever I love a story, as much as I love this on
Ashley Jasper
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am speechless in the best kind of way right now. A.M. Johnson created something truly special with this book. I wanted to devour Seven Shades of You while at the same time wishing I could slow time down to savor it. This is the book you hug to your chest when you finish it (I did).

I was intrigued by Indie and Kai when I met them in Let There be Light (you don't have to read that one, but it might help understand a few references) and was tickled when I saw that they were getting a book. And I
Elle Spaulding
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could come up with words to describe how I felt reading this book. This author has an incredible way with words. She encompasses every feeling you could possibly want while reading a book. She pulls every emotion from you, the good, the bad & the ugly. My heart is so full. I can’t even fathom the intensity that is the love story that Seven Shades of You portrayed, it’s an absolute must read. Butterflies STILL linger thinking about Indie & Kai. Their love was beauty in the most c ...more
Stephanie Rose
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every book by A.M. Johnson and can honestly say this is her best work yet.

Indie and Kai gut you and put you back together in all the best ways. Both fighting silent battles, the way they reach out to each other despite their own crippling fears is nothing short of beautiful. I loved the nods to John Hughes, and the 80s references bring you back to a time where it was okay to believe in the perfect love and grab it with both hands, even if you think you aren't worthy. That is the es
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10 FAVORITE BOOK STARS!! MY FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR!! This story is EVERYTHING!! I absolutely loved Kai and Indie...they are PERFECTION!! This story hit all my emotion buttons and engraved itself on my heart. A.M. Johnson deserves an award for this beautiful book. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!! 💕
V Meade
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Indie and Kai brought tears to my eyes. This love story is the most real and down to earth story I’ve read. Indie could be any of us readers who’ve ever had a moment of self doubt. Kai is someone who is struggling and initially turns to alcohol and women to feel some relief. Indie and Kai both have demons to fight, but their story of completing each other and making each other whole is beautiful. Watching Indie and Kai as they fight their demons, deny their feelings and finally give in to their ...more
Christine
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow.

After Let There Be Light, I knew that Kai and Indie's story would be special, but this was extraordinary. The words that are on these pages are a brilliant work of art.

Everything about this story was stunning.....and Kai and Indie were absolutely mesmerizing. I'm a fast reader and I found myself reading slowly to fully absorb every word and to stay immersed in their world a little longer. Their love story was beautiful and heartbreaking, but my heart was so happy by the time the end came.
Lisa
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart is a slop of goo. A.M. Johnson can do no wrong. Seven Shades of You was everything I needed in life, and more. Brilliant and wonderful. My smile was like I put a hanger in my mouth in the end.

5 AMAZING STARS!
Sarah/DragonflyReads
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Question: How do you define beauty? Answer: Seven Shades of You

I always ask myself how AM Johnson writes such intricately stunning characters and weaves their story into this complete mass of unique energy. I don't understand it. She just does it again and again and I'm always here for her words.

Seven Shades of You is the second novel in her Twin Hearts duet. It reads as a perfect standalone centering around Indie O'Connell and Kai Carter. Kai is the best friend of Indie's twin brother Royal. Th
yasmin
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Indie and Kai 😍😍
This Literary Life
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was happy to see an email that contained an early copy of this book and I am happy to leave this review in my thanks!
I adored Let There Be Light in so many ways that I didn’t expect too, but it was Indie’s story that I yearned for. Both of these twins found the Light in their stories and they were beautiful.

As the daughter of Declan (my fave book boyfriend that Amanda has written!) who shares her father’s mental struggles I couldn’t wait to see how her story would go. Her father’s story showe
Zilpha Owens
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Pink Stars

Beautiful, fluid writing and a love story that was as sweet as it was intense, Seven Shades of You was easy to get lost in. Although, I think that’s the saddest prologue I’ve ever read from A.M. Johnson. But you know what? It pulled me in, wanting only to go deeper so that I knew by the time I was finished my heart would be ok. And the colors! The title is perfect.

Kai Carter with the heaviness on his shoulders is trying to find himself beyond the facade he’s created and wants to be
kgagnon
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Twin Hearts duet is so beautiful, and raw, and real! It is a poignant look at two flawed souls who, while fighting their inner demons, find the strength to show their vulnerabilities and the acceptance, comfort and love they receive in return is so honest and beautiful. Indie has a huge support system who understands her, including her twin, Royal. But she wants to make her own way in the world. Royal's teammate and best friend, Kai, is an admitted player. It is what he u ...more
Yolanda
Shelves: favorites
Seven Shades Of You is so beautifully written and my heart is full. Just like in Let There Be Light (book one-Royal and Camden’s book), it felt so good being back in the O’Connell twins world and Seven Shades Of You truly spoke to my soul. Kai and Indigo are absolutely everything and they seriously put me through a whirlwind of emotions. Both of them share similar issues and they needed each other more than they realized. They truly deserved each other and Ms. Johnson couldn’t have written a mor ...more
Jena Stelly
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ms. Johnson has this unique ability to write stories with such depth and detail. With Indie and Kai, it was no different. You could feel exactly what their characters were going through.
Indie was strong considering her issues. I absolutely loved that we see glimpses of Declan (her dad) and how he’s helped her cope. She’s amazing when it comes to Kai.
Kai, smh, Kai, he’s just got a whole lot going on. He’s such a good guy, with terrible coping mechanisms. There’s just something about Indie that
Shonte Graham
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever heard the saying color outside the lines, well A.M Johnson did just that with this masterpiece. This book had the perfect the words, characters and the surprises so freaking brilliant. This book deserved every star and then some. I felt each emotion right along with Indie and Kai.
To write a main character who struggles from mental illness in such a light, that shows Indie's strength, passion and talent had me pulling for her to keep pushing and fighting . Kai's character , was the
Kat's Books & Brews
I am in awe of Johnson, her ability to portray such emotion in her writing. She deals with subjects that aren’t light or fun to talk about in such a compassionate way, I felt it in my bones. The feels that fly off the page are so much to handle. Everything was on a higher level because it was a slow burn. The slower the better, everything is literally burn up and then BAM! It feels so good.

Read, cry, swoon, repeat. That’s what I do while reading a Johnson novel! Kai and Pink were just so damn c
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not busy with her three munchkins, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

Twin Hearts (2 books)
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)