Start by marking “The Proposing Kind (Brew Ha Ha #4)” as Want to Read:
The Proposing Kind (Brew Ha Ha #4)

The Proposing Kind

(Brew Ha Ha #4)

Hailey Tate is living the good life: A new book contract, great friends, the man of her—oh, who is she kidding, she never would have dreamed up pro-ball player, Connor Ryan. But somehow, they work.

So when Connor may or may not have proposed, it's left up to Hailey and her Brew Crew girls figure it all out. Ridiculousness, shenanigans, arguments, and reconciliations ensue…
Published July 11th 2017 (first published June 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Proposing Kind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposing Kind

Jacob Proffitt
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chaste, romance
This is fourth in a series and you really should read the others first. You should particularly read The Catching Kind before this one because this is a follow-on from that one.

Yes. A follow-on romance. That actually worked! And was even better than its predecessor! (I knew I was saving this year's exclamation points for something good!)

I was happy with the previous story. Or happy enough. So I was surprised that Quinlan would choose to continue on a bit after that one left off. This one starts
Mercedes
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baseball, young-adult
4.5

Ugh, I am so in love with Connor and Hailey, they’re adorable. If you want more of them read this, it was a nice little bonus story for them!
Bria Quinlan
Jun 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
STOP SIGN ICON

Welcome to The Proposing Kind! If you haven’t read The Catching Kind, you probably want to do that first because this is the reader-requested sequel. Plus, The Catching Kind is really funny. My mom and both her cats will tell you it is, so it must be true.

Don’t want to go read it? Well, pre-readers say you really do have to read it, but if you’re going to be all I Don’t Need No Stinking First Book, here’s what you need to know in super fast points:

Hailey Tate is a YA writer who g
Kathy Jo

First things first... if you have NOT read The Catching Kind then I would NOT suggest reading The Proposing Kind! If you want my personal opinion then I suggest reading the entire series in order. It's fun and super cute! I have loved every book I have read so far!

And now... on to my review... ;)

Hailey never imagined she would be dating Mr. Baseball/America's Most Eligible Bachelor, let alone maybe being engaged to him! How does one become maybe engaged?! Leave it to Connor to kind of, sort of
Tara
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read "The Catching Kind," you need to do so before reading this. And if you read TCK a long time ago, I suggest re-reading it before starting this one! I did, and this one felt like one, big, happy epilogue! Loved it. It has all the best parts of the Brew Ha Ha series...the characters we now know and love, humor, and romance. I love this series and hope Ms Quinlan keeps it going!! Like with Abby and Gavin (hint, hint)...

A great addition to this series and good, clean, sassy fun!
Annette
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Well that was adorable. I didn't expect to like it so much since it's not a new, budding romance story, but just a continuation of the characters story. But there were some really cute moments, and Bria has a real talent for writing romantic comedy.

Definitely read The Catching Kind first.

Content: implied intimacy, but nothing on the page. Couple lives together.
Sara Cardon
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So excited for this! More Hailey and Conner? Yes, please!

Hailey gets kinda, possibly proposed to... she's not really sure what to think about it (so funny). I enjoyed puzzling through what Connor means. He's spontaneous and yet strategic. I liked the changes happening in Hailey's life--when she wants everything to stay the same.

Amanda (Hootie) Clark
5 "I (bleeping) LOVE this series!" Stars

Ugh! I hate that it's already over but what a fabulous way to spend a rainy, boring day! Or really ANY day! This series has become one of my absolute favorites and I just spent the last few days reading the first three books again to refresh my Brew Ha Ha memory.

Hailey and Conner had the most unlikely romance that totally caught me off guard initially, because I thought she'd end up with someone else entirely in the previous book. Needless to say though
Fiction Aficionado
This is a fun follow-up to The Catching Kind, continuing Connor and Hailey’s story. Hailey’s left wondering whether Connor’s rambling, half-coherent conversation with her one morning means she’s actually engaged, and the emergency meeting she calls with her friends is...underwhelming. Doubts assail, her emotions see-saw as only a chick-lit heroine's can, and Conner wins mega points for being one sweet hunk of a guy. And you seriously do not want to miss this proposal! Another fun, clean read, al ...more
Sarah Monzon
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most epic proposal ever! (Disclaimer: there’s a little foul language in the book)
Tayo
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I always get very weary when authors write books purely due to fan demand. The reason for my caution is, often, when authors write books just for fan service, the plot suffers - it's like forcing a story. And that's exactly how I felt about The Proposing Kind.

The first book of this companion - The Catching Kind - was such a delightful read. The chemistry between the main characters were solid and the banter was funny. It was a quick, fun read. The Proposing Kind, felt like all the life had been
Sadie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I wanted it to be.
Callie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love seeing more of these 2!!

I loved The way the met in the original, so getting to revisit the "after the happily ever after" that so often gets missed was great. The ups and downs that you see in a new/old relationship, interactions with friends, and YAY ABBy!!!!! Bria's books aren't just all about the sex, they're qbout the emotions and the amazing women having them. Highly reccomend
Toni Shiloh
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best yet of the Brew Ha Ha series!
Jo
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK.  P.S.A.  If you haven't read The Catching Kind yet (and why on earth not!!) then you need to get to that first.  Then come to this.  Quickly.  Because I think you're going to need it.

I have missed the Brew Ha Ha crowd.  Even Abby.  (Or maybe especially Abby).  Anyhow, when you have a love for a series, and there has been a bit of a gap since the last one was released, you might wonder if the author will meet your expectations; if the writing is as strong as you recall; if the humour is as su
Susan K
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romance, PG-13 for some adult situations
This was another cute, fun romantic comedy by B. Q. These characters were fun to revisit, and what made me fall for them in "The Catching Kind" works here again as we find out more about them, their relationship, and their friends and how they interact with each other.
They endear your way into your heart and your head. Seeing things from Hailey's perspective, and seeing Connor's endearing qualities as she figures out his 'secret', as she worries about them
TJ
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSSS MORE HAILEY AND CONNOR!!! AND MORE ABBY!!

I wish all follow up books had a recap at the beginning like this one did. It would be so so helpful and good for my brain.

I loved this book too. Sweet and funny and sassy, just everything.

Abby is my favourite character! I so want to know her story and just more Abby and more Brew books!!

PS: WOW so many exclamation points here in this short short review. Can you tell I'm a fan?
Rachel
“Hails, I don’t want to take over your world.” He kissed the top of my head. “I just want to be in it.” And really, was there anything better than that?

Great ending to Connor and Hailey’s story. I loved that this story basically took place a few months down the road. This is the first time you get to experience the couple after they get together. In all the other Brew Ha Ha stories, they stop immediately after the couple get together. In this one you see Connor and Hailey interacting as an actua
RedRedtheycallmeRed
4.5 STARS

This entire series is utterly charming! Lots of humor, romance and just plain fun.

This book is a continuation of Hailey and Connor's story from The Catching Kind, which is one of those rare books that made me go from completely hating the male character, to loving him by the end. Hailey made me laugh with her cluelessness as to what Connor was up to ("Why is there sawdust in your hair?"), but I loved the fact that she didn't automatically jump to the conclusion that Connor was a cheater
Kristen Koster
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Satisfying Comfort Read

This book was exactly what I needed right now--a visit with old friends to catch up on all the ways their lives are moving forward and toward better things. In other words, a book of hope and normalcy.

Ms. Quinlan draws you into her quirky world and her characters are people you can imagine knowing and feel drawn from experiences and thoughts we've all probably had at one time or another. No? Just me? ;)

The romance here was the sequel for Hailey and Connor, the main chara
JW
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. I loved Hailey and Connor. They are wonderful together, and if the review were based only on them it would have a higher rating.

My problem is that I actually reread the other books right before reading this one and the contrast in how the friends were written in this book was like a slap to the face. I loved the strong friendships that were a focal point in the other books. Where were Ben, Dane, and Max in this book? Are they suddenly unimportant? And what
Radical Shipper
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern
I was SO looking forward to this book, so excited when I realized this was a continuation to The Catching Kind. I was sad that I was a bit underwhelmed.
The good: Connor continued to be cute, Hailey's freak out was realistic, (view spoiler). Abby was amazing. Jeweler guy was cool.
The bad: the plot point about (view spoiler) was obvious, I wanted more flu
Pascale
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
-'Ridiculousness, shenanigans, arguments, and reconciliations ensue… because, Quirky Girl Power!'-

This book follows "The Catching Kind". It is the sequel so it is definitely best to read the previous book before reading this one. But, the author is kind enough to give you a quick and quirky version of a story summary for readers who decide (unwisely) not to read "The Catching Kind". Bria Quinlan has a wonderful sense of humour which presents itself loud and clear in her stories. "The Proposing K
Cassey
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If The Catching Kind was not for you, then you're not going to enjoy this...and you're missing out. I loved, loved this settling into their relationship read...and the added dimensions to Abby and Gavin was fun. Especially the moment with Hailey, Abby and Jenna.

There was more of Brew Ha Ha being the best place, the awesome gang. Now just if we could get a Kasey and Max second story...and Jenna and Ben. Okay, I just want all the stories of all the folks.

Now to decide if Hailey is right about Abb
Liz
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean, writer, sports
Fun follow up for these two -- and yes there is a proposal or two in here.

This was good enough that I didn't exactly miss the sexy times which are implied.

I loved that there was tension among the ladies and that there's a resolution. I loved that Abby is brought into the fold more.... she needs her own book!

This is all about Hailey and Connor and navigating the next step in their relationship -- loved that too.

Why Sarah and John take such a side role in these stories is weird, especially since t
Vibliophile
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little different, still satisfying

This sequel continues Connor and Hailey's story, but broadens the scope to their extended & makeshift Brew family. While we can see where a lot of the marriage proposal is heading, it's still hilarious and delightful as it unfolds.

The problem with this book is that now there are so many more characters I want to see find their happily-ever-after now. Hurry up, Bria Quinlan! Write faster! 😉😄
Donna Miller
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome end to their story

This book was a great ending to Connor and Hailey story.

We start with Connor telling Hailey he wants to marry her only for Hailey to freak out.

This begins a story of did he really mean it and am I ready for that.

Connor is hiding something from Hailey and her brain goes to all the wrong places. When she find a out what it is she is in shock.

Loved this story am hoping that maybe their will be more to come
Pilar Seacord
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make sure to read The Catching Kind first. This one is not quite as good as the one before. Ms. Quinlan has a way of building a world of friendships and the fun and arguments that happen between them. Hailey and Connor grow closer but her friends still are not sure of him. Was a little annoyed at how much time Connor spent with his personal assistant Nick. Humor and great dialogue.
Melissa Salinas
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So cute!

This was adorable. I always want to hear what happens to characters after a book that's left open. This was just a cute little read. Although I do wish it had had a little more heat between Connor and Hailey though.
Gari
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clean, sweet, romantic

This is a great two book set. The characters are believable and endearing. Even the secondary characters are like old friends. These are well worth your time and money.

• Catch Him If You Can
  • Midsummer Sweetheart (Heart of Montana, #3)
  • The Boardwalk Antiques Shop (Tangerine Street #2)
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • Lovers' Quarrel
  • The Acceptance (Keller Family, #8)
  • Burnin' For You (Montana Fire, #3)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • Senior Week Crush (Summer Love Book 2)
  • Light This Candle
  • Learning to Ride (Sunnybell #1)
  • Cole and Jillian (Pianos and Promises, #3)
  • Paper Planes and Other Things We Lost (Paper Planes, #1)
  • Windswept (Serendipity Adventure Romance, #3)
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • Bunco Babes Gone Wild
  • Then He Showed Up (Love From Austin, #1)
  • Over-Exposed (Perspectives, #2)
Bria Quinlan is an award-nominated bestselling author of eight Romantic Comedies and YA Issue Books (that she swears are funny...really. They are.) Her books make you snort Diet Coke out your nose or tear up and curse her name.

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/ybgdq33r
Kobo: https://tinyurl.com/krvpqjr
BN: https://tinyurl.com/ydf9det6
iBooks: https://tinyurl.com/jrblzqr

Facebook: https://tinyurl.com/y9bcw

Brew Ha Ha (4 books)
  • The Last Single Girl (Brew Ha Ha, #1)
  • Worth the Fall (Brew Ha Ha #2)
  • The Catching Kind (Brew Ha Ha #3)