Start by marking “His Family (HIS, #6)” as Want to Read:
His Family (HIS, #6)

His Family

(HIS #6)

From Romantic Suspense BEST-SELLING Author is a HIS novella. What happens when a man used to being in control has to call in his family to rescue the woman he loves? In Sheila Kell’s novella of danger and desire, a charismatic U.S. Senator and an assertive CEO are connected by the love they share. A love about to be ripped out from beneath them.

When family stands together
Published July 4th 2017 by Cunningham Books

To ask other readers questions about His Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Family

Christine Ardigo
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was so nice to finally get to read about the head of the Hamilton family. Learning about Blake, and seeing him fall in love with his own wonderful lady, was a perfect follow up to the rest of the incredible stories by Sheila Kell. I especially loved how the book started! It took you back 17 years ago when all his children were little. LOVED this! The rest of the book was fast paced and endearing. Another hit for HIS.
K.M. Lowe
Fabulous!

Okay...This series is amazing! Each book gets better and better. I am not going to lie and say I was looking forward to this book, because Blake Hamilton, father of the Hamilton clan, was always on the outside of the story. However, I have to eat my words because I LOVED this book. Actually hearing what Blake went through with his life, first marriage, and now being senator, father, grandfather and now husband, he is a remarkable man.
This book didn't come without its action. Oh no, we
Kerry
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
4.5 stars! I have really loved the latest installments of this series, and this novella is no exception! After book 5, I was really interested in knowing more about Blake so this was perfect timing. I really liked his relationship with Elizabeth, and they seem like a good match. To me, the family dynamic has really been what sets this series apart, so I enjoyed seeing everyone come together. The suspense was great and kept things interesting. Can't wait for more from this series!

Helen McNabb
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful novella, a tear jerker that will have you appreciating the values that the HIS family was raised to.
Kathryn Linke
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

His Family is a fast paced, romantic suspense novella and the sixth title in the HIS series.

I wasn't sure what to expect with Blake's story, he's never been a real central character in the series, rather more appearing as a cameo character within the other titles.

I must say that I loved this story it was intriguing, full of romance, drama and suspense it didn't dissapoint. Through Blake's story, readers will discover more of his past, and the events that led up to Trent's birth, and
Cynthia
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I still remember when I read the first one in this series it was such a wonderful read. Nothing has changed this story was just as good as the first one. What a thrilling exciting read with true emotions that sucks you in. It was nice to get to know Blake better he turns out to be a nice man. The story is short but you still get the full impact of actions, thrills, excitement along with the “His” danger that we have come to love.

I liked how the plot moved seeing Blake in his role of family memb
Debbie
This is book 6 in the series, and I highly recommend you read the other books before this one. Not totally necessary, but recommneded!

I am soooooooooooo glad Ms Kell decided to write Blake Hamilton's story!

For a long time, since we discovered that Blake had cheated on his wife, resulting in Trent being born, I held Blake high on my sh*t list. I didn't like that he did that.

However, here, we get the full story of his marriage to Camilla, and what drove him to do what he did. It still wasn't rig
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
His Family is a nice little romantic suspense tinged with sweetness. Senator Blake Hamilton is finally going to propose to the love of his life. But, first, he has to get her back from her kidnappers. To do that, he'll need his sons' help (and daughter and daughters-in-law) and their HIS organization.

I really liked this novella. I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but it was easy to pick up on all the relevant issues and figure out what was going on. Blake and Elizabeth are eas
Katherine Yearwood
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In HIS FAMILY, you will learn that Sheila Kell knows how to keep the R in romance until the very last sentence.

Everyone needs assistance sometimes. Even a high-power US Senator. But, in Blake Hamilton case help may come sooner than later. When he received several notes requesting him to swing his vote; one he didn’t take the notes seriously and two he didn’t know the issue that this person what him to vote for or against.

When on a special weekend away with his family. Where he would introduce t
Jessica71208
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

This is the 6th book in the series and I read it without reading the ones before it but I would recommend reading the other so you can understand the relationships better. Also if you read the other books you will pick up fast what is going on in the beginning of this book. We have Blake who is a senator and who has all his kids grown up. He as an ok relationship with his kids who most work together at H.I.S. which is the security team that the kids started. His kids really help hi
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pretty sure I just found a new series to read!
Although this is the first in the HIS series I have read, I have to say I was impressed that the author was able to incorporate the previous characters into the story, yet kept the base story with Blake and Elizabeth and didn't make the reader feel as if they were missing parts of the other couples histories.

Blake and Elizabeth both have pasts that they are ready to move forward from. But being a senate, Blake has someone who is willing to do anythi
Patricia Myers
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this series. It was so great how the HIS Team all pulled together to help their father Senator Blake Hamilton rescue his future wife from kidnappers. Blake was proud and amazed how his children operated so well together. It was great how Devon hacked into his father's emails. NO one but Blake wanted in on the action to save her and his children wanted him to stay safe. No one but Trent knew he was in Black Ops when younger. It was a great story of family pulling together.
Patti
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 4.3

What an outstanding job with wonderful author did with these solid characters. They are the epitome of badass, even with their faults. When the senator bared his soul to the love of his life, well, it reminded me this was a work of fiction! We are hard pressed for squeaky clean public figures but we can dream. The mission the characters went on was so vivid, I truly pictured it in my minds eye. There is definitely hot and sizzling in this book so it is tended for adult readers
Teri McGill
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This may have been a novella, but Sheila Kell did not short-change the reader on excitement and romance! Fans of the HIS Series may think they know Blake Hamilton, but he truly remained a mystery ... until now. Every secret is finally revealed in this fast-paced story, and it was worth the wait. I enjoyed HIS Family very much!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'His Family' by Sheila Kell is book Six in the "His" series. This is the story of Blake and Elizabeth.
In addition know that this is a Novella with about 107 pages.
I haven't yet read the other books in this series (but plan too soon after enjoying this one!). So for me this was a standalone book.
Blake is wanting to introduce Elizabeth to his kids but a home invasion changes that ..now he needs help from his kids to get his women back.
This was a very enjoyable quick read. This is my first book
Nancy
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome backdrop to the beginning of an awesome series. I love the fact that all of the HIS books are a part of a series but each book can be read as a stand alone book...please keep them coming👏👏👏👏👏😘
Mona williams
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a first book of yours i read. i really wanted to like it! i just felt it was missing parts for some reason. the love of his life is kidnapped right from under his nose. now he needs his families help to get her back.
Angie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good book. Had a lot going on for a short story. I liked the story and the characters. Having such a big family made it a bit hard to keep track of everyone though.
A sweet romance with a twist. Elizabeth and Blake meet at her fundraiser and her rest is history. It’s not an easy journey to their HEA, when mayhem breaks loose.
3/5 Stars
Kat
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its time for the elusive father of the men of HIS, I felt from what is given to the reader in the first 5 books hides a lot about what really makes U.S. Senator Blake Hamilton tick, but now we get to read about what happened in the past, and about the the woman who's finally unraveled him.
But just before he intends to introduce her to his family, she's snatched away in a home invasion. its time for the father to rely on the sons and daughter's of the family as they find Elizabeth and make her hi
Linda Dossett
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read. This story answers some of the questions with regard to the Senator's actions in previous books. Although a novella, an enjoyable read and looking forward to the next book. Worth the time spent.
MaryRhonda
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never too old to fall in love

Nice mostly sweet story of the patriarch of the Hamilton family and the love of his life, Elizabeth. It was great finding out more about his first marriage and his affair. Of course, there was the prerequisite angst and love with just a touch of suspense. This has been a great series, looking forward to reading more about this family.
Dawn
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoy this series and am hooked. This family is special and in this book Blake will need his sons and daughter to help save the woman he loves. It also gives the background on the men when they were just boys and Emily and Trent. You learn more about his first marriage and some of it will be a complete shocker

I gave this a three because the book I was given as an ARC did not state that this was an uncorrected proof. It seemed to be in final format, and simply had too many errors. If or
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a captivating book that quickly drew me in and I didn’t want to put down. The story is intriguing, and the characters are interesting and likable. This is the first book in this series I have read. While I had no trouble following along, I think I would have enjoyed this book more for having read the series in order. My understanding and appreciation of the characters would have been better. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Jill
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very good story, I read this one first instead of in order and I feel like I would have gotten more from it if I would have read them in the correct order. We get to see the behind the scenes father, instead of the cold, ruthless guy that is portrayed in the other books. His children are the main couples of the other stories and I will definitely need to go back and read their stories to help me connect some of the relationships.
However, it was still very enjoyable and kept me wanting
Connie
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic romance

I received a free copy of this book and loved it SO MUCH, I purchased a copy.

Nothing like starting a series at book 6 BUT with the characters were older like me attracted me as a reader. This was enchanting as a book. I truly loved it and couldn't put it down. I will definitely have to go back and read the rest of the series. The characters and plot were so well developed that I hated to see it end.

I highly recommend this book to anyone
Melissa Killingbeck
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
His Family was a short, sweet read about the head of the family Blake Hamilton. I loved the way the story started with a flashback from when the kids were young. Many questions are answered and it was great to see Blake find love again. The story is full of suspense, love, action, and drama. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of his book in exchange for an honest review from the Publisher through Netgalley & the Author
Nancy Gockley
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I truly enjoyed this series I would recommend this series. I hope the series continues. Keep writing Sheila. Hope your next book is soon.
Clare
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say about this little novella? It's absolutely brilliant that's what!
This story was a great read and so much more than I expected it to be. It gives a good insight into the life of Blake Hamilton and his family and how they always look out for each other and have a mutual respect for one another.
I always thought of Blake as being an old fuddy duddy before in previous books but how wrong was I as here he proves that he is still a virile man who is a man in love and will do anythin
Tracy Quoka
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
His Family: HIS Novella (HIS Series Book 6)
books are love
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seeing Blake find happiness and have his family be there for him was wonderful. Blake is the patriarch of the Hamilton family and he carries so many burdens. He is a good man. He has kept the secrets of their mother close to the vest and kept promises he made to her as well even to his own detriment. Now he has love and he wants a future with her. Only their are greedy people who want something from him and will stop at nothing to get it.

This is where his awesome family comes in and you see them
Sheila Kell writes smokin’ hot romance and intrigue. She secretly laughs when her mother, in that stern voice, calls it “nasty.” As a self-proclaimed caffeine addict nestled in north Mississippi with three cats, she wears her pajamas most of the day and writes about the romantic men who leave women’s hearts pounding with a happily-ever-after built on a memorable, adrenaline pumping story. When she ...more

HIS (9 books)
  • His Desire (HIS, #1)
  • His Choice (HIS, #2)
  • His Return (HIS, #3)
  • His Chance (HIS, #4)
  • His Destiny (HIS, #5)
  • His Heart (HIS, #7)
  • His Fantasy (HIS, #8)
  • A Hamilton Christmas (HIS, #9)