Start by marking “Hickville Redemption (Hickville High, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hickville Redemption (Hickville High, #3)

Hickville Redemption

(Hickville High #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A 30 year old mystery…
A 15 year old sleuth.

Freshman Mackenzie Quinn wants nothing to do with the mysterious death of Cassidy Jones. But when her crush, Braden McGuire, declares he’s determined to uncover the truth, she is drawn into the cold case. The problem is her dad is the number one suspect. Things look pretty hopeless until her best friend, Travis Barns, loans her
ebook
Published July 17th 2017 by GPK Publication

To ask other readers questions about Hickville Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hickville Redemption

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Hickville Redemption (Hickville High, #3)
Jasmine Darcy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: YA/Romance/Contemporary
Recommended to Jasmine by: Netgalley
*ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Thirty years of Mystery. Murder or Suicide?
Thirty years ago, Cassidy Jones fell from the abandoned train trestle to her tragic death at the age of sixteen. But what really happened at that bridge? Was it just a wild high school party gone horribly wrong, or were there more sinister forces at play?

30 years after the tragic death of Cassidy Jones, protagonist and shy farm girl Mackenzie Quinn finds the dead girl's
Ashleigh
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of Mackenzie Quinn and the mystery surrounding the death of Cassidy Jones that happened thirty years before. When Travis lends the diary of Cassidy to Kenzie in hopes of shedding some light on the tragedy, it ends up in the wrong hands.

This book was a really cute, enjoyable read! I haven't read the others in this series, but will definitely look into it.

Arc provided by Netgalley in exchange for a review.
Veronica
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I reviewed my personal copy of this book to Wicked Reads.

Mackenzie's best and only friend Travis likes her but is to scared to do anything about it. When Mackenie starts dating Bradon, and the two of them investigate the death 30 prior of High School Student Cassidy who was Travis' aunt, things between them become difficult.

This story gives us angst and teenage drama in the here and now, and Cassidy's stuggles as a teenager in the 80s.

There are unintended consequences when Travis gives Mackenzie
KarenJo Custodio
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars - Fantastic Teen Mystery

I didn’t expect to love this as much as I do. Hickville Redemption by Mary Karlik is a fun and exciting read. I haven’t read the others in the series and I don’t think you have to in order to read this one. Actually, I think this book is absolutely fantastic as a standalone. I swooned, I laughed, I cried... Those pretty much seals the deal for me.

The story started out a bit slow, but once I got into it, I honestly could not stop reading. There’s plenty of
Stacy Sabala
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Book Review- Hickville Redemption by Mary Karlik

Mackenzie Quinn is the shy one. She is now a freshman and Travis is still the one she can count on. However she has a crush on Braden McGuire and she is partnered up with him on the big anniversary article. Braden has an idea about telling the tragic story of Cassidy Jones and her death. There are big secrets behind her death and Braden is determined to reveal what really happened. No one in town wants to talk about it and that drives Braden even
Josie Shinkfield
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM NETGALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW*

Mackenzie has a crush on Braden, a slightly nerdy reporter on their school paper, and she is excited when he asks her on a date.
Turns out, getting to know Mackenzie better isn't all Braden is interested in.
Braden is determined to uncover the mystery surrounding the death of Cassidy Jones thirty years earlier- and Mackenzie's dad was dating her at the time.
Mackenzie reluctantly agrees to help Braden investigate, in
natasa
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I'm a bit disappointed. I was really looking forward to this book because I loved the second part in the series, but, unfortunately, this reminded me more of the first one.
I just cannot praise Confessions enough with its wonderfully written characters, the serious issues it dives into and depicts pretty well, as well as the lighter tone it's still able to maintain throughout the difficulties.

However, Redemption felt like another episode of Sweet Valley High. The characters, apart from an
Becky Barnett
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Secrets, mystery and suspense on rolled into one book. I am a big fan of this author now. The story line is interestly amazing.
I love the main characters Travis and Kenzie and their secretly loving each other and to afraid to tell.
The story of the mysterious way in which Cassidy Jones died is an interesting story and how it had affected the people in the past and their futures and how society looks upon some of the issues that Cassidy was facing today is completely different in the 80's.
I
Patty
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. This book has more twists and turns, that kept me reading until I was done. I love the unique people and situations in this book, that ties to a 30 year old mystery. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. I am looking forward to reading the first two books in the series. If you love a mystery mixed in with YA romance, I recommend this book.
Mistie McAskill
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series!!!!

I absolutely love this series! I cannot wait to read on my breaks! Mary Karlik you have brought back my love of reading!
John McDevitt
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a slow start, but man, when it got going, I couldn’t put it down. Looking forward to more Hickville books in the future!
Nikki Leick
Jul 05, 2019
Monica Bradley
is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2019
Mary Karlik has always been a dreamer. When she was a teen, she readThe Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and then sat in every wardrobe in her Nanna's home, trying to open the door to Narnia. She didn't find it, but she did discover her voice as an author: one filled with her young adult self, and grounded in her roots as a Texan and her Scottish heritage, nourished by obscure Scottish folklore.

Hickville High (3 books)
  • Welcome to Hickville High (Hickville High, #1)
  • Hickville Confessions (Hickville High, #2)