Start by marking “Hall of Heroes (Fellowship of Fantasy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hall of Heroes (Fellowship of Fantasy, #2)

Hall of Heroes (Fellowship of Fantasy, #2)

Twenty-Seven Thrilling Tales from Amazing Fantasy Authors!

Whether they are unwitting, plucky, or just plain epic, heroes capture the imagination and rescue us from everyday life. With stories set in fantastic, magical realms, gritty urban landscapes, and fairytale kingdoms, our heroes stand fast as defenders of good. Struggling against evil governments, wicked demi-gods,
Published June 26th 2017 by Fellowship of Fantasy (first published June 21st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hall of Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hall of Heroes

Start your review of Hall of Heroes (Fellowship of Fantasy, #2)
Robin Goodfellow
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
-I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

The Hall of Heroes: A Fellowship of Fantasy is an anthology detailing the harsh struggles of nameless heroes as they endeavor to prove themselves and to others that heroes aren’t just people you read about in fairytales.

All the stories in the anthology have a magical realism to them. Whether it be about slaves breaking free from their confinement, or teenagers rescuing others from burning buildings, these protagonists show the worl
Katy
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The overall quality of these stories is really great, but I did have a few special favorites: Alancia's Dance was my favorite of the collection, with Cry of the Cave Lion a close second, but I also especially liked The Hero Feat of Hannah Helstrom, In Plain Sight, The Demon Monkeys, Sweet Basil, A Fiery Gift, and Sacrifice to the Iara. The best thing about this anthology is the variation of stories in the hero theme, so there will be something to appeal to all tastes. A few of the stories were v ...more
R.J. Rodda
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable anthology. I have not read all the stories but here are some comments on a few. When I read more, I will update this.

Alancia’s Dance - I liked this. It’s the story of a slave bull dancer and an awkward inventor against an evil king and a retelling of the Labryinth and Minotaur legend.

The Hero Feat of Hannah Helstrom - Poor Hannah is the weakest of the superheroes with only one talent (self healing) plus a whole lot of stubbornness. Will that be enough to save the day? An engaging n
Just Jordan
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite stories were Alancia's Dance, Superhero Publicist, Gem, Teamwork, and Not Quite a Hero. They not only kept my attention all the way through, but I really enjoyed them and thought they were well written. :)

I also liked Sweet Basil, The Tale of Sir Ronan of Camelot, A Fiery Gift, and Boy of Sand and Sky. The Love Talker was definitely well written and kept my attention, but my personal taste doesn't care much for for that type of story.

I'll remember these ones, and will likely re-read
Sherry
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome set of stories!

Each of these authors has provided a great story - you will not be disappointed. I've found several new favorites here.
Peggy McAloon
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been on a three-day adventure, reading the 27 tales in this anthology based on enchanting worlds and incredible characters you will care about long after you finish the stories. I only hope I can do justice to the authors in my Hall of Heroes review. I found the writing to be well-edited, clean, strong, and professional. This 419-page collection will delight you from beginning to end.

All of the stories will satisfy your love of fantasy and the wonderful creatures we have grown to love. Yo
Scott
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hall of Heroes an anthology is great . If you like fantasy your going to love this . 27 stories from 23 author's with stories that vary from fairytale to steam link to Arthurian there's no doubt you will find stories you love .
This book is only 422 pages so it's a pretty quick read as a whole . So if you like your stories to shift urban landscapes to magical realms your in luck because it's all here .
I enjoyed every story although some more than others , but overall this book is an easy 5 star
Krista Wagner
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
First, let me preface by saying that all of these stories were excellently edited. I also must say you get A LOT for your money here! These are not superficial stories; these are in-depth and complex worlds that you will find.

As a whole, and especially for someone who prefers suspense or YA realistic fiction, I enjoyed some of the stories, though some I appreciated a bit more than others, and some I didn't relate to at all. Here is a breakdown of my experience.

1. Alancia's Dance: The story had s
Ami
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing and unique collection of short stories. I am very familiar with anthologies, some of my favorite authors have been found in such. Therefore, I must explain Hall of Heroes is unique. Until now every anthology I've ever read has at least one 5 star story. Usually, at least half are 4 or 5 stars and there are at least one story that's no more than 2 stars. But, Hall of Heroes is filled completely with 4 an 5 star tales. Some deserve their very own series and the authors of most o ...more
Jolyn
Come meet 27 interesting heroes!

Don't miss this awesome collection of 27 very different fantasy stories. Each one tells a unique story about some sort of hero. Some are traditional heroes although I don't recall if any actually wore capes. Some are reluctant heroes. And some might cause you to question whether the "hero" is actually a hero. The thing the I found most fascinating about all the stories was that each one kept me engaged even though it was short. I enjoyed reading it and yet it made
Becca
I enjoyed this book much more than Fellowship of Fantasy's first anthology (Fantastic Creatures). I even discovered some very talented new-to-me indie authors. On the whole this is a greatly diverse collection of fantasy tales.

#1 Alincia's Dance by H. L. Burke 4:5
I've finally realized that I love mythological tales. This particular one is a mashup of the Greek Minotaur (half man, half bull creature confined in a labyrinth and regularly fed on human flesh) and . . . well, I can't name all the ot
Susan Moffat
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed most of these short stories. It has been such a good way to discover new fantasy authors. Some of the stories are more traditional fantasy and some are modern or futurist. I'm looking forward to reading more from the authors of my favourite stories from the book.
Suzanne Cruz Garcia
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for sending me this via Voracious in exchange for an honest review.

I thought that the book was fun and exciting. To me, it was like something I look forward to reading if that makes sense because it was a collection of really good stories and they were all well written and well thought of. It was just awesome storytelling and it kept me well entertained and it grabbed my attention definitely. Even though it has that fantasy nature to it, it still has some teachable lessons and these st
Theresa
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have been a fan of one of the authors featured in this anthology for a few years now, Arthur Daigle. It was because of this that I picked up this work and I am glad I did so. I was delighted by many of the stories and plan to seek some of these authors out in the near future. Just a few of the stories that made a deep impression was Alancia's Dance, The Wooden Ruler, and Teamwork.

Not every story amazed me, but that was to be expected in a collection such as this. What impressed me more was the
Kimberly Newman
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This anthology was refreshingly clean of offensive material (there were 2 stories that went a little far into the dark for me); but overall, it was an excellent selection showcasing many separate authors' work. It had more consistently likable stories than any other anthology I have read. Each story was short, making the book easy to pick up and read to a good breaking point and pick it up again later with no loss of context. I am very thankful to the writers for putting this together.
Gayreth Walden
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting and entertaining!

This book is full of amazing stories. . Did you ever wonder what makes a hero? You will find out in these amazing tales. Heroes and Heroines ranging from Arthurian, Fairytales, Urban and Steampunk, all set in fantastic worlds. Something for everyone. I enjoyed every tale in this book. Very entertaining.
Trudi Jorda
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I really enjoyed this tasty anthology dealing with heroes in many different forms and in many different ways and some that become heroes due to need. I would rccomend this for someone wanting to find new authors!
Like most anthologies, this one contains a mix of good and bad. For the highlights, check my status updates. If any of them sound even slightly interesting, I recommend picking this up. I mean, it's free on Kindle, so what do you have to lose?
shannon  Stubbs
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

This had a lot of really good stories. I found a few good authors that I'm going to read more of their books later. Every story had its own hero and own universe. There is bound to be a story for everyone. I kind of thought Gem was cute.
Kandi Wyatt
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing collection of short stories all connected with heroes as the theme.
Mark Lucas-Taylor
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this anthology. Great for when want something good to read but being an anthology it was easy to pick up, put down and pick up again later.
Richard Goodrum
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Ungifted Twin: Delightful tale of Deria and the awakening of her gifts.
Leslie Wiederspan
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful short stories. I had hoped a few of them were longer because they were so interesting. I even managed to get attached to several of the characters, despite being so short.
Amelia Nichole Defield
This may be my favorite Fellowship of Fantasy anthology! Full review pending!
Steve
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun book full of tales of unexpected heroes that was delightful to read. I recommend it highly.
Speed Of Light
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read Superhero Publicist and The Wooden Ruler from this anthology. I really enjoyed both! I'd give The Wooden Ruler 10 stars if I could!
Paul Reid
Mostly okay, but...

Some of the tales had a decidedly Christian slant, and were good (well, two were), but mostly the Christian bit felt forced, false, overt, and wasn't really relevant to anything (they certainly weren't any CS Lewis, or Tolkien). The two Christian oriented tales that worked (because the Christian angle fitted properly) were Sir Ronan of Camelot, and the tale of Gabriel DeLuce. The unadulterated tales were good, but not great (they were mostly snippets of multi volumed arcs, so
Eric Evans
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
It took me awhile to finish, but this was my go-to while waiting to start another book or to read a little before bed. For me that's what short story collections are for. I had a few favs and some I thought were complete duds. Then you have that with every collection in my opinion.
Anna Tan
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: realmies, e-books
If you're looking for a fun anthology of short stories, this is the book for you! Each of the 27 stories in this anthology features a hero of some sort, whether they're heroic friends or warriors or parents, and since it's written by the Fellowship of Fantasy, all of them include some form of magic, superpower, or fantastic creature! There's a little bit of romance in some of the stories, but nothing more than an innocent kiss (or two), so this is perfectly safe for kids to read. I'm inclined to ...more
Chrys Cymri
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's hard to review a collection of short stories, as of course each tale is as individual as the writer who penned it.

All of the stories merit at least three stars, and several four or five. Several made me laugh out loud ('Superhero Publicist' comes to mind) and I was pleased to see some variations on familiar themes.

Well worth a read. I've also discovered some new authors whose works I plan to buy and read.

I would also like to commend whoever did the editing and formatting. Well done!

• Blades of Magic (Crown Service, #1)
  • The Poison Path: A Gripping Detective Crime Mystery (The DI Hogarth Poison Path Series Book 1)
  • Sword Bearer (Return of the Dragons, #1)
  • Crimson Tempest (Survival Wars Book 1)
  • The Ascension Myth Complete Omnibus (Books 1-12): Awakened, Activated, Called, Sanctioned, Rebirth, Retribution, Cloaked, Bourne. Committed, Subversion, Invasion, Ascension
  • Dying Light (Logan McRae, #2)
  • The Magic Factory (Oliver Blue and the School for Seers, #1)
  • THE COMPLETE PATERSON & CLOCKS BOX SET
  • Dawn of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Saga, #1)
  • Resurrection (Battle Beyond Earth #1)
  • After the Fall (The Narrow Gate Book 1)
  • Mercy's Prince (He Who Finds Mercy, #1)
  • Ranger Rising (Claire-Agon Ranger #1)
  • More Tales from Dust River Gulch (The Tales of Dust River Gulch #2)
  • Mercy's Battle (He Who Finds Mercy #3)
  • Mercy's Joy (He Who Finds Mercy, #5)
  • Mercy's King (He Who Finds Mercy, #4)
  • Mercy's Gift (He Who Finds Mercy, #2)
Born in a small town in north central Oregon, H. L. Burke spent most of her childhood around trees and farm animals and was always accompanied by a book. Growing up with epic heroes from Middle Earth and Narnia keeping her company, she also became an incurable romantic.

An addictive personality, she jumped from one fandom to another, being at times completely obsessed with various books, movies, o