Start by marking “Magic Nights (Dragon Born Serafina, #3)” as Want to Read:
Magic Nights (Dragon Born Serafina, #3)

Magic Nights

(Dragon Born Serafina #3)

This is an alternate cover edition for ASINB01A3H9YOC.

After surviving the trials of the Magic Games, mercenary mage Sera Dering is back home in San Francisco. She wants nothing more than to relax and finally have a long-overdue date with dragon shifter Kai.

Unfortunately, the universe has other plans.

When a young boy is kidnapped by vampires, Sera’s friend Naomi enlists her
Kindle Edition, 2nd Extended Edition, 264 pages
Published June 2017 by Night Spark Media (first published January 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Magic Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Nights

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Magic Nights is book three in the Dragon Born Serafina series by Ella Summers.

I still haven’t read Alex’s story yet. Some reviewers say things make more sense after you read them, so it might be best to read the books in the order they should be read. Even with that this story is full of action, mystery, interrupted dates, and demons being summoned. It was fun, intriguing, and frustrating at times.

I loved that Kai and Sera kept having their dates interrupted. It shouldn’t be that hard to take o
Cindy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, frustrating and intriguing

So much more makes sense in this world now that I read the beginning of Sera's sister, Alex's story. I think the funniest as well as frustrating part in this book is how her and Kai's dates keep getting interrupted. They take it well but my goodness, it shouldn't be that hard to take an evening off for dinner, dancing, and a night of hot sex.

I am intrigued that Naomi, Sera's friend also has a story so I will read that next.
Audrey Hall
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced book with a great story and interesting characters.

5 stars. Magic Nights is a very fast-paced book with great character development. The main characters’ relationship made a needed jump, and the story has an interesting setup with some unexpected twists. Sera’s friend Naomi got more page time. She’s actually a compelling characters and her family too. Though short, the book is packed full of action and romance and covers a complete story. And as always for Ella Summers, the writing
John Piper
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Wow! This series is so awesome! I can't wait for book 4! I'm reading Alex's series now, and I love how Ella has created this world! Telling each characters story in their own series, yet tied together. I love it!
Megan
So I'm trying to read these books in a somewhat order. This can be found on Ella Summer's website under Dragon born (Its towards the bottom of the webpage), for my sake I'm going to include this intro from now on with Ella's books for this series (Although maybe this would be worth the books being linked on Goodreads...) I'm also just for the sake of too long a review hiding it under spoiler tags.
(view spoiler)
Izzy
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, dnf
I only reached 14% but it was absolute rubbish. The plot doesn't make a lick of sense.

Kai's assistant, a human, is found dead. Since she was human, the human police are the ones investigating. As it turns out, the detective investigating her death is her brother. I don't care if this is fantasy or not, never in a million years would that be allowed. And yet, in Magic Nights it's not a problem. There's no raised eyebrows, no comments from characters or even an explanation from the author or Sera
Michelle
Jul 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As I've said in my previous reviews, the story's development just isn't there. The character development is also trying to reach to new heights, but also isn't quite there.

This series has lots of action and things happening that don't relate to the characters. The main character goes through a lot of action and that's pretty much it. There's zero character growth. In this book, Naomi gets some spotlight, but not enough for anyone to care.

Every book in this series is very quick to read, and tha
Jennifer Macleod
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read by Ella Summers

I have read a few of Ella's books now and really enjoy her as an author. This is my favorit of the dragon born series but the Legion of Angels series is my favorit of the two.

I don't want to give anything away so just give them both a go. They are free on Kindle Unlimitted right now and well worth a try.
Deb Barringer
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better! Sera is up for some serious fighting this time. Magic Nights is fast-paced, filled with twists and turns, danger, demons, magic and mayhem. Somehow Sera and Kai even try to find the time to explore their steamy romance. It seems Sera's magic has no bounds but, in the end, will it be enough to save the day?
Michael Wood
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dragons, Evil Mages, Demons and Spirits Abound

Book 3 of the Serafina Dagonborn series and book 4 of the Dragonborn series...
There is considerably more danger in this volume, but as Kai and Sera develop a *MUCH* closer relationship, there is considerably more romance as well.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS BOTH AN INDIVIDUAL BOOK AND AS A SERIES!
Britan
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Well written non stop story. My favorite thing about this author is her hero's are not infallible. They get hurt and need help from others which is much more realistic to me.
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Same characters that I love but this time, the plot wasn’t as dynamic and wasn’t as capturing as the other books! Also it was suuuuuuuper short, I felt like it could be more of a novella than a full novel.
C.J.
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-shifters
Another fast paced instalment of this series. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Sera and Kai even more in this story. They really grew together and acknowledged their importance to each other. Looking forward to the next book. Recommend.
Barbara Sykeshaha
Very good book

I like action. I like a strong woman. I like humorous storylines. I got all three of my favorites in one. Enough said. I will not spoil the storyline. Just read the series for yourself.
Lori
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm. This was more a novella giving us a closer look at Naomi-who is interesting. It didn't move forward at all on the blood orb or Alden but now we have another villain heavy weight introduced. I'm guessing the next book will have to be pretty long....
diana
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need more! I'm flying through this series like nobody's business. I'M HOOKED!

P.S. I've never met anyone who attracts trouble like Sera does. She's literally fighting off vampires, centaurs, fairies, mages, shapeshifters in every page. Can't this girl catch a break?
Daniel W Gard
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I am taking the author's advice and will jump over to Alex's stories. Ella writes a great story and her characters are built with excellent descriptions.
So I continue on with the stories.
Dawn Gee
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gets better and better

Sera uses her powers more in this book but she has a long way to go to really use them properly. Naomi is in this book more and proves to be a really good friend. The mystery and the villain are action packed and very interesting. Kai is so awesome.
Donna McDonald
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly fantastic!

I have read both Dragonborn series and they were both fantastic I recommend anyone who enjoys fantasy books to read. Ella Summers is amazing and highly recommend everyone to read her books 5 stars.
Chrissy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, each one seems better than the last. My one complaint is that there not long enough.
Ashley
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story with great characters! I love this series🥰
Genuine  Liar
It was like the book was written so that the main characters would not go to the fourth book without saying the most common words in romance novels. It was more of a filler book to me.
Charlotte
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good installment of the series. Good story with lots of action.
Julie Keesee
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic series

A truly fantastic series! You will not be disappointed giving it a try. There is also one book in the series for free!
Melissa B.
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really great. I loved the ending and the interactions between Sera and Kai. I've read the Alex series books as well, but my favorite characters are by far the Sera ones -- Riley, the commandos, Sera, Naomi, and of course, Kai.
DAVID Phillips
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting story

an Compete Book in it sellp/ But Blends in with Prevous Bookes inthe series- a nice Romance that doesent inter fear with the main story.
becca
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Big fan of this series. Can't wait to read more 😎. Now to read more about Alex I hope the two sisters meet up soon 😬
Lois Alston
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding story

The writing is superb. The stories are intoxicating. I read the first and could not resist purchasing the next ones in the series
Angela ReadingCave
Guenevere Garrity
Another Excellent Book from Ella Summers!

This book, like it's two predecessors was quite fun and very compelling reading. One of the things that I have enjoyed so much is Sera's sarcasm and witty snarkiness. Kai on the other hand is dominating, aggressive, and extremely self confident. These two are a great pair and their personalities drive the storylines. This book was very fun because there wasn't any great overarching event to get thru, well unless you count their inability to finish a date.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: New Bookcover & Page Count 2 10 Jun 26, 2017 09:26AM

• Midnight Poison (The Paranormal Poisons Saga, #1)
  • Reaped from Faerie (Stolen Magic, #2)
  • Hell on Heels (Hot Damned #3)
  • Chocolate Lovers: Sweet Stories About Love, Friendship, and Inappropriate Behavior (Chocolate Lovers, #1-3.5)
  • Covertly Strong
  • Kissed by Ice (Sunwalker Saga, #5)
  • Echoes of Silence
  • The Burning Skies (Autumn Rain #2)
  • Catastrophe (Sekhmet #1)
  • Poison Fruit (Agent of Hel, #3)
  • The Second Draeken War (Combined Edition)
  • Witch's Fury (The Bone Coven Chronicles #4)
  • Black Magic Shadows (Discord Jones #5)
  • Princesses Don't Become Engineers
  • City of the Lost (Chronicles of Arcana #2)
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • Borrowed Magic (Witch's Bite, #1)
  • Bloodless (Henri Dunn, #2)
Ella Summers has been writing stories for as long as she could read; she's been coming up with tall tales even longer than that. One of her early year masterpieces was a story about a pigtailed princess and her dragon sidekick. Nowadays, she still writes fantasy. She likes books with layered plots, lots of action and adventure, and a touch of romance. When she is not busy writing or spending time ...more

Dragon Born Serafina (4 books)
  • Mercenary Magic  (Dragon Born Serafina, #1)
  • Magic Games (Dragon Born Serafina, #2)
  • Rival Magic (Dragon Born Serafina, #4)
“she wore a fitted red minidress with aspirations to be a bikini.” 4 likes