Start by marking “Someone Like You (Becoming Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Someone Like You (Becoming Us, #1)

Someone Like You

(Becoming Us #1)

He was a nameless guy in a bar — a man Grace couldn’t get out of her head…

Published October 12th 2017 by EmKo Media, LLC (first published October 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Someone Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Like You

~Stéphanie's Journal~
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again I'm feeling so grateful for indie authors who ask me to review their work. They are so many out there and so many are talented. I've discovered quite a few during the last year, some worked for me some don't but when they do, I know I have one more author to add to the ones I look forward to reading again. And you, there's no such things as too many books... same apply to authors.

I had zero expectations when I begun reading Someone Like You, I read the first 4 chapters a couple of wee
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars

Such a beautiful story, I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Someone Like You and I have to say that I was surprised about how much I loved it.I like the set up, the characters and it felt realistic.

Grace and Noah are opposites, but so perfect together.They fit perfectly together.I couldn't believe it at first but omg these two had an amazing chemistry.Noah is perfect, sweet,protective, sexy and so alpha male.Grace is a great heroine, she might seams a little bit fragile but she is
Liv ☾
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS!

☾Another single father book! I've been loving these books lately, mostly because I've yet to read a book with a single dad that I don't love. This included this book! It has a lower rating from me only because I feel like the plot was rushed through. There's something I can't put my finger on that I didn't enjoy too much and I'm having trouble figuring out what it is.

☾We were given amazing back stories for both Noah and Grace, and the writing was amazing. I think maybe the duel POV w
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Noah was perfectly happy with his life as a Navy SEAL, but his wife Cindy was unhappy and moved herself and his little darling daughter Lily to live with Cindy's new boyfriend in New York!!!
That's where Noah lives now too, on a little houseboat - working as a carpenter. To be near his daughter.
One night he meets this very interesting woman in a bar - but she seemed to be the same kind of lady his wife was. One that would never be happy with a poor worker or soldier.
But then a few days later he m
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Boy meets girl, falls in love, and happily ever after follows. At least, that's what we'd like to believe. Someone Like You is the reality, it's heartbreak, family drama, and a heaping pile of lust that's meant to only last a night. Brittney Sahin perfectly describes the feeling that occurs when someone feels so right in your life, but you feel like you have to think with your mind over your heart.

"But it doesn't matter. We're from two different worl
Alex ♈
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

Strong caring hero. Not a womanizer.
Likable heroine, different from 'typical' female characters in CR.
A bit too messy situation with her family, but overall a nice love story.
Jos
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ehhhhhh it was ok maybe 2.5-3 stars
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Brittney Sahin took me on a MAJOR rollercoaster in Someone Like You with so many twists and turns that I did not see coming or going! The book is so well written and captivated my attention and heart throughout the book.

description

Noah is introduced in the Prologue having him currently overseas about to enter a Navy SEAL operation and my heart just shattered and this is all BEFORE Chapter 1!

description

I fell in love with Noah & Grace's mismatched lovers story of the New York City Socialite and Mr. Handyman.

"You
Amy
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“Sometimes what’s beneath the surface is worth getting to know.”

Someone Like You was the perfect book to spend the day getting lost in. Someone Like You is fun, entertaining and very well written.

Someone Like You follows the story of Noah and Grace. Noah and Grace couldn’t be more opposite, but you know the saying, opposites attract, and that certainly is the case in this book. When we first meet up with Noah, I was gutted by the things that were happening in his life. My heart ached
Big Joe  Rossi
I liked it. Working class dad, ex military, who will do anything to be with his daughter meets rich spoiled girl who brings memories of his ex wife who is trying to take his daughter away from him.

They start as friends but as they spend time together lines blur, feelings, develop, hot sex ensues but of course there are twist, his bitchy ex wife, her family, both have issues themselves. It was a good read. Nothing that made it special to me but still enjoyable read.
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Found this one a little slow - I had a harder time getting invested in both h/h. Review to come
Nikki
I enjoyed Noah’s story. He is a broken man when he first meets Grace. She’s everything he isn’t looking for but he just can’t escape their amazing chemistry. grace like his soon to be ex wife Cindy comes from money; old money. Everything he never wants a part of again.

Noah is freshly out of the marines, looking to move forward and create a new life with his daughter Lily. He doesn’t have much to offer. He’s living on the Hudson rive t in a tiny boat working with his sister to try and afford an a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From the moment you read the prologue, Someone Like You will have you hooked on every word. A soldier who would do anything for his family is suddenly faced with the reality of losing his daughter, a successful rich woman who knows what she wants but thanks to her family, voicing her opinion will be taking a back seat. Two people who came from completely different worlds, became each other’s saving grace.

After battling on enemy lines for a long time, Noah Dalton is now in New York getting
Coral
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Its a classic rich girl meets blue collar man. Only the author ups the game from a simple setup with the hero currently in a custody battle and finalising his divorce from a similar rich girl who dumps him for a rich Wall Street fiancé and the heroine with controlling parents who wants her to marry for business.

I would say the plot is pretty predictable but some of the minor characters shine through overshadowing the main characters a bit. Which is why I like the main characters only when they a
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
I received an arc of Someone Like You from Author Brittney Sahin to review honestly.

This is the first novel I have read by Brittney Sahin and I'm completely speechless. This novel was at times angsty and Emotional but then it also had its sweet and enduring moments. I couldn't get enough!

Noah's life revolved around three things, His wife, his daughter, and being a SEAL. He's about to go on a mission into enemy territory when he gets a call that shocks his system to the core. His wife is leaving
Emma
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice gentle couple and better than the class differences set up - 3*

Generic description: Rich woman with family issues gets together with blue collar ex-military man with family issues.

It is a pretty standard set-up for books of this description. Although we get a hint that it is not so OTT as we might expect from the fairly normal names of Noah and Grace. Noah is trying to get more time with his daughter despite his ex-wife's objections. Grace is being set up by her dad to marry for the good o
Ola Adamska
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
I was beating with myself - if this read should be 4 or 5 stars. As it would be 4.5 stars. But I decided on 4 stars - very little from 5!!
Grace - this girl is so fantastic! She is a girl from powerful family but she has her own need to be free. I really liked her. She seemed so fragile, but that was only a perception. Truly she is so STRONG women considering her family and what had happened.
Noah - he is so sweet and so male. I really liked him, that he wasn't taking a shit in his life! He is a f
Helen Whitelaw
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melinda  Parker
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The synopsis for this book was so intriguing. It was a story that I felt I not only wanted to read but I NEEDED to read. I simply didn't comprehend just how beautiful this story would be.

There are times in our lives when we simply know something, feel it deep down, sense it with our very being and yet, completely do not understand it or know how to accept it. This is Noah and Grace's story.

Noah Dalton is our All-American hero, Navy Seal, southern gentleman, loving husband and father. Until he's
Ashley
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been a HUGE fan of Brittney Sahin's since I stumbled upon her books a month ago. Since then, I have read all of her books! And re read some twice!!!
Someone like You is a little different from Brittany's other books. This book is more romance than a thriller but, DON'T BE FOOLED. Someone like You has it own intrigue and suspenseful moments as well. This book is so very emotional and realistic. In the beginning of the book , there is a scene that I literally had to put the book down, and t
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend Someone Like You. I thoroughly enjoyed taking a break from life and emerging myself into this story. Right out of the gate I rooted for Noah and his circumstances. And Cindy..OMG, I can’t say any more than that.

I loved the realistic plot that unfortunately happens more than we’d like to admit, but Sahin created a strong storyline with characters that we can fall in love with.
Coco.V
May 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/4/2018)!💝

Blurb:
He was a nameless guy in a bar—a man Grace couldn’t get out of her head…

A week later, she came home to find him sweaty and shirtless with a tape measure in hand, remodeling her loft. As a Parker-King, she’s not allowed to want someone like Noah Dalton. She’s sick of her life, though. Sick of the rules of being a Parker-King. She wants something more, even if it isn’t forever. Somewhere in history there was that one time where hot, no-strings-attached sex d
Lindsay
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
Noah and Grace are from different universes, but they have a lot of similarities that make them feel relatable in this story, and it's clear they need each other.
There are a few things I felt weren't relevant, but they ended up making sense in the end.
This is a romance between the two main characters, but I felt the story was more focused on Grace's growth and life issues, and that's where I started feeling things were out of place when they really weren't, they were very important to her d
Shannon Godwin
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A single dad book. This is my first book by this author and I know it will not be my last. I loved the wrtiting and everything about this book. I loved the twist and turns this book had, It kept me turning the pages and I was so into the book I was at the end before I was ready. I could not read slow enough to make it last long enough for me. I love it!!!
InD'tale Magazine
4/5/5.0

Noah is a fantastic character who grows through his adjustment to civilian life.

Read full review in the 2018 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
RABT Book Tours and PR
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Release Blitz: Someone Like You by Brittney Sahin @RABTBookTours @brittney_sahin #militaryromance

MammieBabbie
A sweet and sexy contemporary romance that proves that true love is worth risking it all...

Someone Like You was my first Brittney Sahin experience, and I will definitely be going back for more. At first I was a little unsure about this book because, for starters, the plot is so densely packed and the cast is huge. I'm more of a less is more kind of person. I tend to enjoy simpler storylines that although carry great twists and turns are still stripped back, however I have to admit that the more
Shelley Youngblood
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever have a book that completely hooks you from the start, takes you on one heck of a ride and makes you never want it to end? Well, that's what I found in Someone Like You, by Brittney Sahin. She wrote a unique story that described real characters who found a way to burrow their way into my heart and not let go. Their was amazing and undeniable chemistry between Grace and Noah, that made me burn through the pages to find out what would happen next.

Grace Parker-King has been held on a short lea
Di
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read by Brittney Sahin, but then again I'm not surprised when it comes to this author who knows how to write and pull me right into the thick of the story. It's not the same action suspense as in the other books but oh my it does not matter as the suspense is all around the main characters, Noah & Grace, their lives and future. Noah's battle with his ex wife, whether he will get custody of his daughter and what's in the envelope she gives him, will he go into private security ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for this book. I loved this book. We meet Noah, who is getting a divorce from a horrid woman, let me tell you that I seriously hate this woman, she did not deserve him. Noah was a navy seal and while on active duty, Cindy drops the bomb that she is divorcing him, and that she cheated on him, how can you do that? This man is dedicating his life to protecting others and you are just thinking about yourself, and my friends let me tell you, as you continue to read ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Buried Flames (Surviving Ashes, #3)
  • Reckless (Alpha Bodyguard, #3)
  • Back in Black (Bad Billionaires, #4)
  • Bare Knuckle (Vegas Top Guns Book 5)
  • Roughneck
  • Sweet-Loving Cowboy (Kinky Spurs, #2)
  • Acer (No Prisoners MC, #3)
  • The Submissive's Last Word (The Power to Please, #4)
  • A Dead Man's Pulse (Trident Security Omega Team, #1)
  • Twisted Mercy (Red Team, #4)
  • The Fixer (Professionals, #1)
  • Promises After Dark (After Dark, #3)
  • Fame and Fortune (Diary of a Chav #5)
  • Lone Star Lovers Boxed Set (Lone Star Lovers #1-3)
  • A Covert Affair: A SEAL Romance Novel
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
  • Dimitri's Forbidden Submissive (Submissive's Wish #2)
  • Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
Brittney Sahin began writing at an early age, with the dream to be a published author before the age of 18. Although academic pursuits (and, later, a teaching career) interrupted her aspirations, she never stopped writing—never stopped imagining.

It wasn’t until her students encouraged her to follow her dreams that Brittney said goodbye to Upstate New York in order to start a new adventure in the p

Becoming Us (2 books)
  • My Every Breath (Becoming Us, #2)
“I think you could wear anything and look perfect.” I can’t even lie to this woman. She’s the kind of woman who can see through bullshit, so why not be honest? Why play games? I wasted too much of my life being with someone who was wearing a coat of lies—the truth is freeing.” 0 likes