Start by marking “Regret (Under My Skin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Regret (Under My Skin, #1)

Regret (Under My Skin #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  846 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
When Brian “Brin” Schubert’s condo floods, he takes his co-worker up on the offer to stay on his crappy futon for a while. The last thing he expects is for his friend’s roommate to be the one guy he despises the most. The same guy who stomped on his heart senior year of high school. And by the looks of the girl on his arm, the same man who’s still deep inside the closet.

N
Published June 25th 2017 by Christina Lee

To ask other readers questions about Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regret

Lisa
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

Regret is the first book in Christina Lee’s new series entitled Under My Skin. This author has proven to me that she can write some seriously awesome M/M contemporary romance. I had high hopes when I hankered down and got to ready this one. In my personal opinion, I think that Ms. Lee once again has done a wonderful job penning a somewhat angsty and tender-hearted tale about two young men who find their sizzling connection too hard to ignore despite what transpired between them in the
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Regret is a quiet romance about regretting your choices, your past, your inability to move forward.

Brin regrets not being the son his father wanted. He knows he's a disappointment and nothing like his brother who bonds with their dad over sports. Brin is gay and works at a dog boarding/grooming business. He regrets not being more.

Nick regrets losing his sister Zoey. He regrets the death of his father and his mother's sorrow. He regrets not having enthusiasm for the family engraving busine
Wendy
FOTO BEWERKEN - makkelijk online je foto's bewerken of aanpassen

I don't really know how I would classify this story...."A second change love", "friends to lovers", "enemies to lovers".... So I am going with "frenemies to lovers". What I do know is that this book isn't exactly "lighthearted". It didn't make me burst into a full out sobfest, but it did hurt my heart a bit.

1cfac0937e47d7fe1b78bae0e238be6c.gif (400×364)

This story starts off with Brin needing a place to stay, because the pipes in his appartment have burst, leaving his place flooded.

His friend Elijah offers him a place on the futton in the ap
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Alright. Lemme just have my Stuart Smalley moment here and fess up.

Hi! My name is Cupcake and I'm a sap. It's official after this read because Regret is sappy and if someone had handed me a biscuit I would've used it to sop the excess schmaltz off my kindle. Like a glutton. I flew through it too. I looked after what seemed like a couple minutes and was over 30%; the next thing I knew it said "the end" and now I'm jonesin' for more. Admittedly there were a couple moments wherein I actually recog
~Mindy Lynn~
2.5*

This review might end up being long winded or short. lol

Wow... I feel really alone in this boat of not liking this book. This is my first time reading a book by this author but it's not the only book I own by her. But I've heard great things about her other books and this one. I am pretty sure that it wasn't the books fault that I didn't enjoy it. I think it was totally me. The writing was good. The story just didn't work for me. Neither did the characters. I think if I was able to connect w
.Lili.

Regret (Under My Skin, #1) by Christina Lee is the second chance romance, enemies to lovers story of Brin and Nick. After being temporarily displaced from his place, Brin decides to bunk with his friend Elijah and his roommate Nick. He never imagined that Elijah's Nick was his Nick from high school. From the first moment, they laid eyes on each other again all those old hurts, resentment, and longings came back. But would Brin be able to see past his pain? And could Nick allow himself to move o
Elsa Bravante
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aunque algunas cosas en el plot son un poco flojas, otras se sientan too much y me sobran escenas de sexo, le voy a poner 4 estrellas por la absoluta adorabilidad de la pareja. Un libro muy muy dulce, y con un algún toque triste para el que necesitas pañuelos.

La forma de escribir de la autora a veces está cerca de lo simple, pero me ha dejado muy buen sabor de boca la historia.
Ele
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Really, really torn about this. I 've been sitting on this review for two days because while I loved certain parts of this book, I found the rest of it quite problematic.

For starters, Nick's inner monologue about "not deserving anything good" got so old after a while. I understand that the guilt and the self-doubt was eating him alive, but it went on and on and on! After a while it was just a means to prolongue the story. Unnecessarily so. And most importantly, what on earth did it have to do wi
River
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5

Liked it but didn't loved it.
Jay
2.5 stars – This is another of those times where I'm almost certain "it's me not you" applies, and it's another case of my feeling bad for not liking a book from an author whose past books I have enjoyed a good deal. But it's hard for me to come up with much positive to say about Christina Lee's Regret because my issues span the spectrum.

One of the bigger issues was that I didn't like either of the main characters, though I really should have because the set-up for the story line is something I
Christina
Jun 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
**REGRET is now available in Amazon KU and is the first book in the Under My Skin series**
Aeren
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
No sé qué es lo que ha pasado exactamente, el libro no está mal, no está mal escrito y los personajes no están mal, pero... he sido incapaz de emocionarme tal y como se pedía, porque si, es como leer algo escrito para causar la lágrima facilona... y en serio, lo del 'gran secreto' queda en nada porque desde el minuto cero se deja ver con poca sutileza, no hay lugar para el más mínimo misterio. Podría haber contado lo mismo en menos de la mitad de páginas.
Por cierto, las comversaciones sobre los
Kim
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
When Brin Schubert needs a temporary place to stay, he never expected his friend's roommate to be someone he knows...Nick Dell...the boy in High School who humiliated and hurt him.

These two have a strong reaction to each other swirling with unresolved feelings of anger, pain, guilt, and regret. Brin wants to continue to hate Nick, but it gets harder the more time he is around him. Nick wants to apologize and make amends for what he did to Brin. But Nick also has so many more demons caus
Cadiva
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book needs a tissue warning! I didn't full out blub but I was so close and definitely had very leaky eyes at the ending.

Sometimes a book just resonates with you as a reader and this was one of those for me. I could feel every ounce of Nick's guilt and grief and all I wanted to do was reach into the book and wrap him in the world's biggest hug.

Brin, on the other hand, for a lot of the book I wanted to sit down and just talk to, get inside his hurt and ask him to think logically about why Nic
damnit, liz
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-as-fuck
This is the most annoying book I've ever loved, so that it's means wordy review time.

The conflict here came off as ridiculous to me at times. Over ten years later, Brin was still carrying a grudge for Nick being a dick (or more accurately, being a coward) when they were kids. I get that things that happen when we're young can affect us in profound ways, but it was immediately apparent that Nick had grown up to be a kind, sensitive, sweet guy. I'd think two adults would just hash it out and move
Bev
4.25 stars from me. Everyone has regrets for things that have happened in their lives [whether you think so or not, Edith Piaf], I'm no different to anyone else in that respect. This story made me tear up fairly often... and I'm always a sucker for a story with a doggie character, and Tally was pretty adorable too.

I was a little concerned that Nick seemed to be drowning from having the weight of the world on his shoulders when his sister Zoey's death was so obviously a dreadful accident...surel
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-challenge
Regret

Oh my! I'm so glad I found out about this book on another author's page! It's so good! So heartfelt and full of emotion. I was hooked from the beginning and didn't want it to end!
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 + Stars

After a pipe causes a flood in Brin's condo, his best friend, Elijah, offers him the spare room in his apartment while the repairs to his home are taking place. When Brin shows up he comes face to face with Elijah's roommate, Nick, who also happens to be Brin's old high school crush and someone who hurt Brin badly. Will living in close quarters help these two men reconnect and maybe mend the rift between them? Can Brin forgive Nick and does Nick even want forgiveness?

This wasn't an easy
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2017
4.5 stars.

This book is sort of like an enemies to lovers and a second chance at love.

What I absolutely loved was the angst. You could feel all the pain and emotions that were rolling of these characters. The characters (every single one of them) were phenomenally written, it made the story really enjoyable and that much more developed. As for the writing itself, it flowed super well.

The chemistry and the tension between Bryan and Nick is there and HOT.

I would have like to see more at the en
*~*~*Kael*~*~*
Jun 02, 2017 marked it as 0-male-male-main-special-own-tbr
I want this more than I want donuts right now, and that's no small feat, since I'm in the midst of a pretty serious donut craving due to another book I'm reading :-D!! Want. Want. WANT (this book, that is) :-)!!
Carra
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There’s not a single thing I didn’t like about this story. It has very real characters leading everyday lives, which made it very easy to connect with them and care about them and root for them to get their happily ever after. It's a second chance romance that also show how appearances can be deceiving, and how powerful forgiveness can be.

Brin knows who he is and doesn’t hide it, and is comfortable with himself. Nick has tragedy in his past that is strong enough to make him feel he needs to live
Rohit
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Now this is what I call a good feeler and a comfort read. The writing actually culminates to something real and satisfactory. Not too gooey and not too icky. Also, Doggie Styles is one helluva name of a dog grooming shop.
UltraMeital
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved EVERYTHING about this book. Loved the MCs, the side characters like Elijah, Nick's roommate, loved the setting with Elijah and Brin working at a dog "day care", yeah, as I said - Everything. Nick and Brin getting to reacquaint each other, 11 years after they crushed on one another was the sweetest "enemies to lovers" with an attraction NO ONE can ignore. We get the whole story, with all the heartache and so much confusion and misunderstanding from both Brin and Nick. It was beautiful see ...more
Jordan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphabookclub, 2017

Regret started off with some seriously real hate between Nick and Brin, mostly coming from Brin. But these two were magnetic and explosive and so goddamn perfect for each other that it didn't last. It couldn't last. Hate sex that was never really just hate sex to begin with quickly turned into more and both boys got to see parts of each other that they'd kept locked away from everyone else for years.

For a significant part of this book Brin is beyond pissed off at Nick for what appears to be a j
Lulu Forth
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ohhh this is a lovely sweet and at times heartbreaking read and I really enjoyed it.

This story is about Brian 'Brin' and Nick. Brin's pipes burst in his condo and the repair works are going to take a few weeks to complete. His best friend and colleague Elijah from his doggy day care job (erm .... best freaking job ever?!!!!) offers him an uncomfortable futon to sleep on at his place he shares with his roommate.

Elijah's roommate is draped all over his latest girlfriend when the two are introduce
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, lbr

3.5 stars - This was a rather sweet story underneath the good bit of angst on the part of Nick. He is the main focus of the regret theme here, stemming from his initial interactions with Brin in high school when Brin tutored him. I won’t give too much away, but suffice to say, things didn’t end well with the two of them.

Fast forward 11 years, and Nick happens to be the roommate of Brin’s friend and coworker. Brin and Nick meet again when Brin stays at their apartment while his is being renovated
Book Faerie
WOW! Another book hangover so close after Arrows Through Archer. How often does one find two such epic and exceptionally written books almost back to back? Well, I have just done that!

Again, it's hard to find words that could honestly encompass the whole of how incredible this story is. I've loved Christina for a long time but I have to say, with this book, she has reached fathomless heights here. I'd give it a millions stars if I could. She has created THE best and most amazing broken boy I've
K
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christina Lee never disappoints pulling every emotion from your gut while reading her words and Regret will do that tenfold.

I was consumed by Nick and Brin—in the zone—as their story was unfolding before me and, all of a sudden, I realized I had tears pouring down my face. I reached over to grab tissues nearby and as I looked up my husband was watching me with this bewildered look on "what is wrong with you?" and was shaking his head, LOL

That's what this author does! She sucks you in and these c
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Hearts

Christina Lee brings us a brand new stand alone about second chance love. Brin and Nick had those first squishy feelings of new love back in high school. That was until Nick grew fearful and broke Brin's heart. The story follows these two as the reconnect by chance many years later.

What I like most about this author's writing is that she is able,with words, to get the reader pulled along on all the emotional turmoil of the characters. The tension brought about by seeing each other agai
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2017-reads
Brin and Nick have an uncomfortable history that included Brin's heart being broken. They didn't really think they'll cross paths until Brin's apartment gets flooded and he's moving in with his friend whose roommate just happens to be Nick. With all these conflicting feelings of wanting to punch Nick while kissing him raising a storm inside Brin, he needs to decide once and for all if he is ready to forgive Nick.

Nick's life is full of regrets and painful memories, one of them is losing Brin. No
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.
More about Christina Lee...

“Mrs. Reynolds” 0 likes