Start by marking “Femme Fatale” as Want to Read:
Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale

When private investigator Daniel Beckett foils an assault on a young girl in London’s West End, it leads to an offer of work from a sinister and unlikely source in Soho’s Chinatown.

But what starts out as a straightforward missing persons’ case soon takes on a more ominous aspect as he discovers a trail of blackmail, sadistic violence, conspiracy and murder, plus an influen
Published July 24th 2017 by Opium Den Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Femme Fatale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Femme Fatale

Cynthia Hamilton
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daniel Beckett is today’s answer to James Bond, without all the governmental trappings. He’s a lone wolf, a man with many talents, an appreciator of women of all makes and models. The feeling is highly reciprocal. He is also a magnet for trouble.

In Femme Fatale, the third book in the series, Daniel is drawn into the periphery of the Asian crime syndicate called the Triads after coming to the aid of a young women being attacked in a parking garage. His gallant disposal of the thugs earns him the
~IreneOust~
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

From the moment this pre-order hit my Kindle, I was glued to it! I simply couldn't put it down. I stayed up till almost 3 am two nights in a row so I can finish. I must say, this is my favorite of the three books and I absolutely LOVED the previous two!

Daniel Beckett is my new favorite male lead. I love his wit. I love his swagger. And I want more of him. ASAP!

Dominic Piper is brilliant with his ability to suck you into the story from the very first chapter. I know I said this before but his a
Rowena Hoseason
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
It doesn’t matter if you’ve not read the two earlier encounters with Daniel Beckett, the Soho-based private investigator, raconteur, womaniser, fashionista, badass mofo and international man of mystery – you get the measure of the man in the opening chapters of Femme Fatale.

He flirts, fights, flirts some more, struts his peacock stuff, takes on a missing persons case for a triad, breaks a few bones and chases tail all over the sordid streets of Piper’s brilliantly-realised 21st century central
Lynn Chambers
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recipe for NON STOP ENTERTAINMENT:
1 well written story line;
A group of perfect characters;
Dominic Piper's brilliant imagination; and
The unstoppable Daniel Beckett;

Mix together from cover to cover and the result is a phenomenal work of art.

I wish I had the power to make it into a movie.
Julie Linhart
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I never get sick of Daniel Becket. He is my one of my favorite characters to read and has become one of my favorite book boyfriends. And Dominic Piper has managed each and every time to find a way to spin a new and exciting tale that leaves you guessing until the very end.

This time Piper pushes the envelope and brings you into the world of Asian mobs, creepy obsession and burlesque. And he's not afraid, thank goodness, to walk the line of almost erotic. I'm just hoping one day he pushes himse
Brett Wallach
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I admit that I have a prejudice against British crime novels. They tend to be too...effete and mannered. But not Femme Fatale! It is chock full of good old-fashioned sex and violence, along with edgy, witty dialogue, and has a classic noir feel to the whole book. This is one of the best efforts in crime fiction that I have ever read, and I expect even greater things from this author in the future!
JOQuantaman
"Femme Fatale" by Dominic Piper is a "Private Eye" detective thriller. It follows the classic formula: 1) PI is hired by weird patron; 2) PI must solve a difficult mystery; 2) In the process PI is captured and injured; 3) PI manages to survive and solve the case. I should add there are episodes of erotic romance and outbursts of ribald humor interwoven with the plot.
___Think of Sam Spade or Richard Diamond, the unforgettable archetypes of the genre. The author has given us another archetype — Da
Ronald Keeler
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Femme Fatale by Dominic Piper has an interesting, eye-catching cover in the Kindle edition that I downloaded. Looking back on the reading experience, I believe that was the best part of the book. The second-best part is a lesson that I hope I learned; it is not necessary to finish every book I begin. When there are many indications that the novel is going nowhere, it is okay to abandon it. Usually, I continue with a novel I have started with the determination to find some good points that justif ...more
Jane Blanchard
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Femme Fatale by Dominic Piper, Daniel Beckett is the super-human, woman-loving private detective who saves a young teenager from a gang rape. As a result of this rescue, Daniel gets hired by the girl’s “uncle” to find a missing person. The story becomes more intriguing and convoluted with each little discovery. Beckett’s prowess in sleuthing and combat also extends to sexual liaisons.

I loved the first person narration which pulled the story together and made Beckett seem more human than the s
K.T. McColl
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Having read Dominic Piper's other two Daniel Beckett novels, I was curious to see how Femme Fatale would compare. Again, this one knocks it out of the park. Smart and sexy, Femme Fatale takes the reader into the world of Asian triads and burlesque. As always, Daniel Beckett has a (supernatural) way with (countless) ladies. Well-written and with excellent pacing, Femme Fatale is a must-read for fans of detective fiction.
Paul Blake
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was the first novel I've read by Dominic Piper and I'm just about to order the others. Femme Fatale was a great read. Daniel Beckett is a very engaging protagonist, full of wit, brains and sex appeal. A detailed look into the exotic world of burlesque and Chinese triads on the streets of Central London.
Roy Murry
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FEMME FATALE

DOMINIC PIPER

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry

Classy good-looking bastard would be one way a woman would describe Piper's protagonist London's, PI Daniel Beckett. He is a charmer, using his wit to get the point across.

Beckett is out on a date and hears a sound that sends him into action. The result is a non-stop world wind of investigative intrigue. His physical abilities and exceptional aptitude get him in and out of trouble.

A burlesque irresistible attractive woman is the center of his
Lincoln Farish
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Dominic Piper and his MC, Daniel Beckett, since I read the first story, Kiss Me When I’m Dead. There is a raw edginess that is missing in many stories these days, Beckett is not a gentleman of careful and refined breeding, but a man you can count on when the situation is dire. Modern London is a gray and shadowy place where the men are dangerous and the women deadly. Crime is rampant but hidden from the regular people. In this world lives Daniel Beckett, and he does more tha ...more
Joanne Teale
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon

Third book in the brilliant series,what's not to love about these book's,you've got a storyline that keeps you guessing until very end and then we have the man that is Daniel Beckett,sexy ,witty and definitely attracts the opposite sex like bee's round honey,it's so refreshing to read book that gets the brain cells working,looking forward to the next instalment and wondering what trouble Mr Beckett is going to find himself in and will we ever find out ab
MrsReads Alot
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. A little longer than I think was necessary, and some of the occurrences in the plot mirrored what the author has previously brought to the table in other books, but I still enjoyed it. The witty, detailed perspective of Becket makes for an interesting roller coaster of a ride.
Sayara Clair
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was an image posted on social media of a gorgeous woman sitting in bed, smoking a cigarette and sporting the sexiest bed hair ever. Here it is:

Author, Dominic Piper, said, “Read Femme Fatale and wake up looking like this.”
Sure, I thought, I’ll give it a go.
I did not wake up looking like this woman.
Because I didn’t wake up.
Because I didn’t go to sleep.
Because I could not put the book down for one single moment.

Instead, there I was at the crack of dawn, feeling as though someone had sandpape
Roger Gates
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read and enjoyed the previous two novels by this author (Kiss Me When I'm Dead and Death is the New Black), I had absolutely no choice but to read this new one. I'd read other reviews saying that Dominic Piper's work was addictive and, believe me, that's putting it mildly. Reading Femme Fatale made me feel as if I was a pinball, being hammered from one jaw-dropping scene to the next. It’s certainly a thriller, but it’s not in any way similar to anything I’ve read before. The hero, Daniel ...more
Gerri
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my third book by Dominic Piper and was as good as the first two. Over the top, but always entertaining. This time Daniel Beckett, P.I. is out on a date and comes to the rescue of a Chinese teenage girl being jumped by three men. He does his thing, taking down three grown, burly men in minutes. The girl runs away and Daniel finishes his date with his newest female interest. The next morning he receives a call from the uncle of the girl he'd saved and they meet. The uncle wants Daniel to f ...more
Russell* Russell*
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, you have to read this one! A fantastic intensely provocative novel about a private investigator on a case about a questionable missing person. As the story unfolds, a series of unusual leads takes the PI into another sinister directions. Being set in London, Piper’s writing, descriptions & brilliant protagonist makes the novel credible and beautifully realistic. Can’t wait to read more books by Piper...excellent job!
Jessica Lucci
Horny male private detective meets a multitude of women for kinky sexual encounters. The author's detail to clothing is vivid, and the sex scenes are racy without being explicit.
Ac18